Forums forums
PRIMETIMER
SilverStormm

Home Shopping Network

Chris Scanlon was one of the first hosts I saw on HSN (being new to the shopping channel experience) back in the late 90s. Lots of chatter when she suddenly 'disappeared' from HSN but there'd been family ski(?) trips to CO during her tenure and there was speculation they were moving their full time but the circumstances of her departure were questioned.

Seem to recall she showed up, ever so briefly, on Evine (some years back), selling a cheap knock-off of something offered on HSN or the Q. (Storage containers? Shelving? Recollection escapes my aging gray matter.)

Edited by caminlaca
  • Like 1

She also had a tryout job at ShopLC in 2018. She didn't stay long.

Very sad to hear how badly her life has gone.

• Like 2

LUV was the organization line Chris did at EVINE: Joy-like hangers and Origami -like shelving.

B8hjHGpCEAA2614.jpg

Edited by JohnnyStar5
  • Like 2

I bet Chis was caught off guard when she was arrested. Probably at home at an off time.  She probaby wore a wig or extensions for her home shopping jobs.  These hosts spend hours in hair and makeup.

Her crimes look to be "white collar" and she thought she was getting away with stuff without big brother noticing and just going about her business.  But it all catches up to you. Especially if you don't pay your taxes! 

Edited by mpeeps
  • Like 2

On 4/27/2019 at 7:30 PM, Coffeecup said:

I like Diane's hair grey, but I think it would look nicer if she brushed through it and smoothed it instead of having the tiny ringlets look.

It is beginning to look grandma-ish.

She needs striking, not dowdy.  Like Elon Musk's mom.  

• Like 2

So Kathy Levine is now hawking Nutrisystem for HSN. She looks great. I’m not sure she really uses the product but I’m sure she’ll sell a ton.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, ByaNose said:

So Kathy Levine is now hawking Nutrisystem for HSN. She looks great. I’m not sure she really uses the product but I’m sure she’ll sell a ton.

With Marie busy in Vegas ending her residency and now being on The Talk, it looks like Kathy is back on television shopping.

Her line of jewelry at TSC in Canada never took off and Kathy has wanted back in since she left QVC.  She has made the rounds.

2 hours ago, ByaNose said:

Fans of MO will obviously embrace her NS presentations but I find her a total phony. While I have no interest in NS (and can't wrap my brain around the expense of it, especially when it necessitates the additional cost of adding produce, etc... and then there's the ingredients 😞 ), KL has a very 'pleasant' personality. Can see potential...or current... NS customers perhaps appreciating her more lowkey (less 'in your face') selling style.

I've only seen a bit of KL over the years, always catching the final show as she was moving onto something else. But have found her likeable.

• Like 3

I was just coming here to see if it was mentioned about Kathy. Just flipping through the channels and saw that. I agree she always had a likability factor. I was just so supriised to see her  hawking Nutrisystem.  

And now for the catty comment. She most definitely had some stuff done to her eyes. Kind of like Christy Brinkley imo-- typically as we age, our eyes do not point up.

• Like 2
  • Laugh 2

2 minutes ago, mayvenne said:

I was just coming here to see if it was mentioned about Kathy. Just flipping through the channels and saw that. I agree she always had a likability factor. I was just so supriised to see her  hawking Nutrisystem.  

And now for the catty comment. She most definitely had some stuff done to her eyes. Kind of like Christy Brinkley imo-- typically as we age, our eyes do not point up.

She did Nutrisystem half-hour infomercials with Marie in the past, and even filled in for her earlier this year when she couldn't make a slate of HSN appearances at the last minute.

Edited by letusprocrastinate
  • Like 1
  • Useful 1

10 minutes ago, mayvenne said:

Would normally avoid watching Brett but wanted to check out KL's presentation. He looks like he's bulked up, packed on a few. Seems like he just can't help bringing his usual arrogance and a certain 'crassness' to the set (how many times did he mention 'peeing on a stick' in regards to a certain diet regime?)

• Like 1
  • Surprise 4

Good heavens. Curtis Stone is coming back again on HSN?

Is this more QVC influence? Having an OAP or vendor on so often viewers get sick of seeing the person? Much as I like Curtis, I think he's been on enough in the past couple of months.

Clearly kitchen ware sells. But how about the POV of leave them wanting more, instead of saturating the market? Just as QVC is relaying more on David Venable to, IMO, keep sales numbers from being totally dismal, I think HSN could be doing that with Curtis Stone. 

Let the man rest for goodness sake. 

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, Number6withCheese said:

I thought Chris Scanlon moved with her husband to Colorado for a ski instructor job? Is she still married? 

Yes, that was the case, but I don't know if she's still married. 

She was arrested in Florida but the charges are in Colorado and a warrant was issued on her.

• Like 2

I have always thought that Samantha Browns luggage was ugly. It looks like fake shinny leather. Also, the wheels look like they could break off at any second. For $149.99 for 4 piece set it isn’t horribly priced but it’s still ugly.  

• Like 3

4 hours ago, ByaNose said:

I have always thought that Samantha Browns luggage was ugly. It looks like fake shinny leather. Also, the wheels look like they could break off at any second. For $149.99 for 4 piece set it isn’t horribly priced but it’s still ugly.  

Well, at least with some of the colors your luggage will stick out like a sore thumb as it goes around the baggage carousel.

For me, her luggage isn't anything revolutionary.  I can pick up stuff like that at Marshall's and TJMaxx (I do need to buy a new suitcase), and packing cubes aren't exclusive to her.  I guess the advantage is that you're guaranteed to get stuff that matches, while going to the discount stores can be a crapshoot. 

Edited by letusprocrastinate
  • Like 2

8 minutes ago, letusprocrastinate said:

Well, at least with some of the colors your luggage will stick out like a sore thumb as it goes around the baggage carousel.

For me, her luggage isn't anything revolutionary.  I can pick up stuff like that at Marshall's and TJMaxx (I do need to buy a new suitcase), and packing cubes aren't exclusive to her.  I guess the advantage is that you're guaranteed to get stuff that matches, while going to the discount stores can be a crapshoot. 

Yeah, 4 matching pieces are the key. It is harder in a store to get a matching set. I know someone who ordered a 5 piece set (I don’t know why that much is needed) from Amazon. There is no way you’d be guaranteed a set like that in a store. I do agree about a color. You need your luggage to standout on the carousel. 

• Like 3

Just now, ByaNose said:

Yeah, 4 matching pieces are the key. It is harder in a store to get a matching set. I know someone who ordered a 5 piece set (I don’t know why that much is needed) from Amazon. There is no way you’d be guaranteed a set like that in a store. I do agree about a color. You need your luggage to standout on the carousel. 

Or you need to find a luggage store to get larger matching sets, but those aren't exactly on every block. 

It is interesting to look at baggage carousels and see how people try to make their black/blue/red/brown luggage stand out.

• Like 2

Even though I don't buy her luggage, I like watching Samantha.  I don't know why. ....I just like her voice and her descriptions and explanations about travel.

• Like 5

An extremely enthusiastic caller told Samantha Brown that she owns 8 sets of Samantha’s luggage. Not 8 pieces. 8 sets!!!!! What in the world???

• Like 2
  • Surprise 4

43 minutes ago, Kathcart said:

An extremely enthusiastic caller told Samantha Brown that she owns 8 sets of Samantha’s luggage. Not 8 pieces. 8 sets!!!!! What in the world???

How many immediate family members does she have?

• Like 1

Where does she put all that luggage! Must have the room and the moola but still excessive and wasteful.

• Like 1

I received an order from HSN today and it included a real, paper, program guide in the package!  😳😳😳

• Like 3
  • Laugh 1
  • Surprise 1

2 hours ago, Thumper said:

I received an order from HSN today and it included a real, paper, program guide in the package!  😳😳😳

Wow, I thought those were extinct. Years ago, when gold jewelry was much cheaper, I used to get out my program guide and mark all the shows I wanted to watch. HSN had a lot more jewelry shows then than they do now.

• Like 3

What’s all this talk from Shannon Smith about a gender reveal party? Before one OAP left this evening they were talking about the party again and she congratulated Shannon. Is she having a baby by surrogate or something? 

NM. It was a party for a host named Tina Jennings. I don’t know who she is. I just wonder why the OAP congratulated Shannon? 

Edited by burgerbitz
  • Like 1

Marla Wayne has a live audience for her show. There a bunch of guys there, too. They’ve must have been dragged there by their wives, right? This must be there worst nightmare. LOL!!!!

• Laugh 4

I was watching HSN during my channel surfing tonight.  A live audience show is going on with Colleen L. hosting, and it's my first time seeing the live audience thing on HSN. 

Marla W. was on air, and a tad bit annoying.  She mentions a few times about her clothing being made in America .... puting emphasis on America.  So I figured maybe Marla's throwing some shade & dissing other fashsion vendors (during the live airing) that have their clothing made overseas. Marla's clothing is made stateside, but I would bet her fabric comes from China as they are the largest textile exporters in the world.  

• Like 1
  • Useful 2

Bill Green on overnight as the Technibond oap.

such a class act.

was surprised to see him at this hour though.

He's on with host Robin Wall. I like her too. Surprised she still works overnights. Seems they move her around a lot.

I am glad that HSN is carrying some formerly Q exclusive brands i like such as It Cosmetics and Clark's. So much more about the product on HSN vs QVC.

• Like 6

7 hours ago, seasons said:

such a class act.

He's on with host Robin Wall. I like her too. Surprised she still works overnights. Seems they move her around a lot.

I am glad that HSN is carrying some formerly Q exclusive brands i like such as It Cosmetics and Clark's. So much more about the product on HSN vs QVC.

And yet people still run HSN down as being cheap, tacky and laughable.

HSN hosts have more class than many QVC hosts.  I do not know why people can't see and hear the difference.

No one on HSN is packing food in their face like it's going to be taken away.  No one is running around with dirty, bare feet.  QVC jumped the shark ages ago and it's just getting worse.

I wish HSN had merged with Evine.  Even Shop LC has more class than QVC does right now.

• Like 10
  • Useful 1
  • Laugh 1

You know how sometimes you just don't "get" a given host's or OAP's appeal? Well, that's me and Diane Gillman. I just have never been attracted to any of her apparel or her either.

She's bossy as hell. Constantly telling the camera people what to do. I just have not warmed up to her even after all these years. Adrienne Arpel is bossy too -- and Lord knows she practically beats up her models when applying her products -- but I'll watch Adrienne for some kind of -- I don't know, train wreck factor. At least in small doses I find her loud, brassy, ballsy nature "entertaining" in some strange way. But Diane, I just can't take at all.

• Like 4
  • Laugh 1

27 minutes ago, selhars said:

You know how sometimes you just don't "get" a given host's or OAP's appeal? Well, that's me and Diane Gillman. I just have never been attracted to any of her apparel or her either.

She's bossy as hell. Constantly telling the camera people what to do. I just have not warmed up to her even after all these years. Adrienne Arpel is bossy too -- and Lord knows she practically beats up her models when applying her products -- but I'll watch Adrienne for some kind of -- I don't know, train wreck factor. At least in small doses I find her loud, brassy, ballsy nature "entertaining" in some strange way. But Diane, I just can't take at all.

Maybe Adrienne has a better sense of humor?  I think she does compared to Diane.  Adrienne will crack jokes about herself.  I have never really heard Diane do that.

I love it when Adrienne puts lipstick on the models and gets it crooked.  Those poor women need hazard pay.

• Like 2
  • Laugh 5

2 hours ago, Puddy said:

Maybe Adrienne has a better sense of humor?  I think she does compared to Diane.  Adrienne will crack jokes about herself.  I have never really heard Diane do that.

I love it when Adrienne puts lipstick on the models and gets it crooked.  Those poor women need hazard pay.

I've seen her poke a model in the eye applying her creams and eyeshadow.

The train wreck aspect is real.

• Like 3
  • Laugh 3

Watched some of Jay King's Mine Finds  presentations,  always enjoy his stories til the idiot host rudely cuts him off half way(?) through it.  Then Jay never gets a chance to finish what he was saying.  I loved a faceted Lapis Lazuli silver cuff he had on that sold out immediately.  It had the most beautiful colored Lapis Lazuli I've ever seen.

• Like 3

On 5/17/2019 at 4:24 AM, seasons said:

such a class act.

On 5/17/2019 at 11:52 AM, Puddy said:

And yet people still run HSN down as being cheap, tacky and laughable.

HSN hosts have more class than many QVC hosts.  I do not know why people can't see and hear the difference.

No one on HSN is packing food in their face like it's going to be taken away.  No one is running around with dirty, bare feet.  QVC jumped the shark ages ago and it's just getting worse.

I wish HSN had merged with Evine.  Even Shop LC has more class than QVC does right now.

@seasons and @Puddy I agree 100% with both your posts!

• Like 5

What is with the Bermuda shorts???  Gilman has a DG2 Bermuda TS that even in the petite is 11 1/2 inches!  Might as well be a pedal pusher (which I like).

I'm 5'4" almost, (shrinking) but those shorts look so uncomfortable and the proportion looks so off -- and they look like they'd feel warm.  I'd rather wear a skort, that would at least be looser and more comfy in the heat.

Rant over! lol. 😫😝😜😄

• Like 3

27 minutes ago, Thumper said:

What is with the Bermuda shorts???  Gilman has a DG2 Bermuda TS that even in the petite is 11 1/2 inches!  Might as well be a pedal pusher (which I like).

I'm 5'4" almost, (shrinking) but those shorts look so uncomfortable and the proportion looks so off -- and they look like they'd feel warm.  I'd rather wear a skort, that would at least be looser and more comfy in the heat.

Rant over! lol. 😫😝😜😄

Agreed. They look like 'capri jeggings.' I'd not want that length of fabric snugged around my leg (despite how allegedly comfy they might be) when it's really hot. And no, Diane, I can't see these being appropriate in any setting. The shorts and skorts I make are my faves for when temps are toasty. (Although I only wear them when home...not for public display so that's when I wear the capris/pedal pushers I've made which are loose enough to be cool but provide the longer coverage.)

• Like 4

23 minutes ago, caminlaca said:

Agreed. They look like 'capri jeggings.' I'd not want that length of fabric snugged around my leg (despite how allegedly comfy they might be) when it's really hot. And no, Diane, I can't see these being appropriate in any setting. The shorts and skorts I make are my faves for when temps are toasty. (Although I only wear them when home...not for public display so that's when I wear the capris/pedal pushers I've made which are loose enough to be cool but provide the longer coverage.)

Lol! It's funny how different we all can be, @caminlaca! I didn't realize those shorts were the Today s special. I actually love that in between length - like what the call a city short, I think. Going to get the beige and maybe dark denim. Not a fan of my knees these days and these will cover them. Love the pull on style too. 

by the way, Diane has awesome legs! 

• Like 4

Thanks for the talk about the bermudas. I think I will grab a pair or two. I can probably get by with them at work.

• Like 3

11 hours ago, seasons said:

Thanks, @LadyR! Love your kitty picture! 😼

Thank you so much, @seasons! I rescued Samy five years ago wandering near my home. My special boy kitty, very doglike too.  When I leave my house I turn on HSN as he likes the sounds and images.  Hasn't ordered anything yet,  but then you never know...😎

Edited by LadyR · Reason: Samy made me do it
  • Like 3
  • Laugh 2

On 5/17/2019 at 5:53 PM, selhars said:

I have no personal experience or knowledge, but AA has a reputation of being a nice person. 

I wear DG jeans (they fit me, what can I say). But, I find her to be so self-centered and rude. 

My friend and I used to watch AA for entertainment. She's hilarious. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, AdeleDazeem said:

I have no personal experience or knowledge, but AA has a reputation of being a nice person. 

I wear DG jeans (they fit me, what can I say). But, I find her to be so self-centered and rude. 

My friend and I used to watch AA for entertainment. She's hilarious. 

I agree.  I have never heard anything about Adrienne in all of her years in business, even before being on HSN.

3 hours ago, LadyR said:

Thank you so much, @seasons! I rescued Samy five years ago wandering near my home. My special boy kitty, very doglike too.  When I leave my house I turn on HSN as he likes the sounds and images.  Hasn't ordered anything yet,  but then you never know...😎

Maybe he can just order an empty box.

cat3.jpg

Edited by Puddy
  • Like 4
  • Laugh 2

n/m

I was going to post about Michael Anthony selling 14K jewelry on HSN when he usually sells only 10K, but I fell down a rabbit hole researching their history and current ownership of the company.  I think it is now owned by a Berkshire Hathaway subsidiary, Richline. For some reason I thought HSN had bought his company. I must be getting it mixed up with other companies acquired by the shopping channels.

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, Coffeecup said:

n/m

I was going to post about Michael Anthony selling 14K jewelry on HSN when he usually sells only 10K, but I fell down a rabbit hole researching their history and current ownership of the company.  I think it is now owned by a Berkshire Hathaway subsidiary, Richline. For some reason I thought HSN had bought his company. I must be getting it mixed up with other companies acquired by the shopping channels.

I didn't know he sold his company, interesting!

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Puddy said:

I agree.  I have never heard anything about Adrienne in all of her years in business, even before being on HSN.

Maybe he can just order an empty box.

cat3.jpg

Lol, @Puddy - and just the right size for Samy! 😎

• Like 1

I ordered the Curtis Stone cookware set TS. I hope I like the pans. I'm moving across country and decided to just buy new pans instead of bringing my old Emeril pans. I hope I don't regret it.

Edited by LeeDenny · Reason: clarity
  • Like 3