Forums forums
PRIMETIMER
SilverStormm

Home Shopping Network

RETURNS:  I returned a top to HSN very recently.  It was pretty, but it had wide horizontal stripes that didn't even come CLOSE to matching in the side seams. It was also too big in the elastiziced neckline.  It cost $41.50.

I received a notice that they had received my return and "maybe" I would be interested in this: The SAME top...but at $31.13 (on clearance)!!  Enjoyable.

• Like 1
  • Laugh 6
  • Surprise 2

12 hours ago, HaaCHOO said:

Welll...the belt cost $450 at original retail.  There are discounts. There is shoplifting. There are thrift stores.

I went to a thrift store to drop off some lotion an acquaintance/employee had left in my car.  While there I asked where their backpacks were. The worker told me they sometime had Vera Bradley backpacks.  I didn't find that, but I found what seemed like a "nice" leather backpack.  It was $6.50.  The cashier noticed a tiny dot on it and told me I shouldn't have to clean it, and she'd give it to me for $4.50.  Yippee!  Looks brand new.

When I got home, that leather backpack seemed kinda special.  It had nice hardware and a logo with a "designer" (haha, I thought) name.  Aimee Kestenberg.  I looked it up.  It IS designer.  It's the "Tamitha" for $248 !!!  I might just scoot over to eBay.

What a great deal!

I hadn't thought about her buying thrift items.  She could have bought the belt from a place like Poshmark and paid a lot less than $450.

• Like 3

18 hours ago, Coffeecup said:

What a great deal!

I hadn't thought about her buying thrift items.  She could have bought the belt from a place like Poshmark and paid a lot less than $450.

Cue The Who's "Bargain" !!! The best I ever had..................................

• Like 1

1 hour ago, mpeeps said:

Do we like Rhonda Sheer? Ahh Bras? What's her backstory. She's on ALL the time.

Interesting backstory:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rhonda_Shear

She's a "television personality," former Miss Louisiana, best known for hosting the USA Network "Up All Night" B-movies from 1991-98. Since I'm a night owl and like cheesy B-movies, I used to see her a lot. She had an amusing way of saying "Up All Night" where she'd say "up!" in a high squeal. Wikipedia says she started her intimate apparel company in 2001. YouTube has a lot of videos of her hosting the movies.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Thumper said:

Wasn't she also on "LaVerne and Shirley?"

I don't think so -- that show is not listed in her IMDB credits. But she had parts on several famous TV shows, including The A Team, Three's Company  and Hart to Hart.

https://www.imdb.com/name/nm0005418/

Edited by Coffeecup
  • Useful 1

I like Rhonda. She's down to earth and amusingly tacky. She seems very kind and fun. I like her Ahh panties.

• Like 1
  • Useful 1

Rhonda seems nice.  I can't believe how 80s she looked.  Like a hairband groupie.  

I ordered one Ahh Bra from ebay for $7 for "around the house" comfort.  I'll keep you posted.

Edited by mpeeps
  • Like 2

7 hours ago, mpeeps said:

Rhonda seems nice.  I can't believe how 80s she looked.  Like a hairband groupie.  

I ordered one Ahh Bra from ebay for $7 for "around the house" comfort.  I'll keep you posted.

I put one on as soon as I get home from work. 

• Like 1

I just got the Symon Home 3 piece acacia wood utensil set. Wow. I'm impressed. Large, substantial weight and very attractive. Seems worth the $20!

• Like 3

Fake Joy Mangano is on HSN now. She is selling a clearance price "Couture Leather Satchel & Clutch w/velvet detail for the low price of $49.95. Oh, how the mighty have fallen.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, JohnnyStar5 said:

This has been the clearance sale that never ends!

Most of the stuff left is still overpriced.

• Like 5

HSN has a beautiful outdoor set. Of course, it helps that it’s in Florida. Right, now it’s 74 & sunny. It’s very gray in Philadelphia & “only” in the 60’s. Happy Easter y’all. 

• Like 4

Meanwhile, on HSN they're selling 6 tamales for $39.95 (chicken, poblano-corn-cheese, jalapeno and cheese, beef tomatillo, or pulled pork; 080-282).  Obviously not everyone in America has tamales readily available nearby, but I can get them for $2-$3 each from all sorts of places.

Edited by letusprocrastinate
  • Like 1

Like many of us, Colleen has reached the age where bare upper arms are a no-no. 😞 The poofy, floral dress is adding beaucoup pounds. The 'heavy hair' just adds to mess. Not a good look, CL (very 'matronly' which she isn't). One time I'd prefer she'd have stuck with her signature off-the-shoulder, slim-fitting top with sleeves.

• Like 4

54 minutes ago, caminlaca said:

Like many of us, Colleen has reached the age where bare upper arms are a no-no. 😞 The poofy, floral dress is adding beaucoup pounds. The 'heavy hair' just adds to mess. Not a good look, CL (very 'matronly' which she isn't). One time I'd prefer she'd have stuck with her signature off-the-shoulder, slim-fitting top with sleeves.

Her look makes me think of a Gypsy fortune teller of the 1940s - it's the blouse she's wearing.  All she needs is a crystal ball in front of her. 😏

• Like 2
  • Laugh 4

6 hours ago, ImaTart said:

All she needs is a crystal ball in front of her. 😏

NNEl1qO.jpg     Madam Lopez

• Like 5
  • Laugh 1

Why are jumpsuits a thing again?  Giuliana's is pretty, but all I can think of is what a pain to have to pee.  Also, wide legs -- for me, no.

Of course, slim Calli (in an Obi belt!) and G look great in it. 

• Like 2

On 4/23/2019 at 8:17 PM, ImaTart said:

Her look makes me think of a Gypsy fortune teller of the 1940s - it's the blouse she's wearing.  All she needs is a crystal ball in front of her. 😏

Colleen's 'blouse' was actually what looked like a wrap dres which had more of a robe vibe....knee length in the front, ankle length in the back. Have never embraced the high-low hem, unless it's so subtle as to be barely noticeable. (Too often it ends up lookiing like a huge belly is causing the front to draw up, and frequently the long back hem ends up cupping the derriere (SO attractive...not.) She had on nude shoes but almost looked barefoot. I assume CL makes her on-air apparel choices...which have been mostly understated, 'professional,' until recently. This was an epic fail.

• Like 3

49 minutes ago, Thumper said:

Why are jumpsuits a thing again?  Giuliana's is pretty, but all I can think of is what a pain to have to pee.  Also, wide legs -- for me, no.

Designers keep trying to bring jumpsuits back, but they never "trend" for the reason you gave:  too much trouble to go pee. Jumpsuits just don't work for women.

• Like 1
  • Laugh 1

1 hour ago, Thumper said:

Why are jumpsuits a thing again?  Giuliana's is pretty, but all I can think of is what a pain to have to pee.  

I don't know that jumpsuits are a thing again. Just because they say so? All the hosts say everything is a trend again, or "IN again," or on trend, or "so popular" -- when they're selling  it. 

I hardly ever, ever see anyone in a jumpsuit, And I don't know anyone personally who wears jumpsuits. Doesn't mean some people don't. But hosts say what they need to to push an item. And TPTB must think we're dumb enough to  believe them, and buy an item -- just because they say so in a presentation that's nothing but an ad nauseam sales pitch. (And unfortunately, many people are "vulnerable" and persuaded by what hosts say -- and it doesn't even occur to them that what they're hearing isn't true.)

Hosts have nothing but effusive praise for everything they sell. It's their job to get you to buy, whether what they say is true or not (certain legal statements and regulations aside.)

Edited by selhars
  • Like 3

Actually I had noticed as of about 6 months ago that I was seeing jumpsuits in the stores and even more so currently- maybe it's a spring summer thing. I do remember wearing them in the past and they were a flattering look but SO impractical for the reasons stated.

I notice them even more in the dressier clothing areas. 

I was at a wedding last summer and the hipsters (30's and 40's) crowd was sporting them. That was the first time in years that I had seen them.

• Like 5

47 minutes ago, hummingbird said:

Jumpsuits are back, last summer and again,  they are cute, I just ordered one from target.  so they are impractical but sometimes you want something fun to wear.  

They are definitely back. My 31 year old stepdaughter wears them (her friends do too), although she admits going to the bathroom is a hassle! She wore one last week that she found at Marshall's for $20 and it looked fabulous on her.

• Like 2

Adding to the choir - jumpsuits are definitely in, everywhere!  The young women in my company are wearing them to work, for after work and they are everywhere - EVERYWHERE - in stores!  I'm looking for a formal dress for a wedding I'm going to in mid-July, and even manufacturers who do evening wear "only" are showcasing them.

I think they are cute and if I had the figure for one, I'd "jump" in!  LOL!  I'd worry about how I'd go to the bathroom later!

From Adrianna Papell:

image.png.3b429da17e55171b4ca4124b2a3cbdd8.pngimage.png.65cb273a9ee11dd4090dd799bbc3d974.pngimage.png.fbdd9b9600e921cbad752133aa4361fc.png

Edited by lovemesomejoolery
  • Like 4

On 4/19/2019 at 2:27 PM, Jaded said:

Most of the stuff left is still overpriced.

On 4/19/2019 at 11:24 AM, ByaNose said:

Fake Joy Mangano is on HSN now. She is selling a clearance price "Couture Leather Satchel & Clutch w/velvet detail for the low price of $49.95. Oh, how the mighty have fallen.

On 4/19/2019 at 12:16 PM, JohnnyStar5 said:

This has been the clearance sale that never ends!

All of the above. 

Omg the new Joy is as cringeworthy as the real Joy.

and their "clearance" prices? Bwahahahaha

• Like 4

What would you think of a male who purchases a pair of trousers with the fly on the back ?🤔

Jumpsuits for women are the same thing.............................YMMV 🤣

• Laugh 3

17 hours ago, caminlaca said:

Colleen's 'blouse' was actually what looked like a wrap dres which had more of a robe vibe....knee length in the front, ankle length in the back. Have never embraced the high-low hem, unless it's so subtle as to be barely noticeable. (Too often it ends up lookiing like a huge belly is causing the front to draw up, and frequently the long back hem ends up cupping the derriere (SO attractive...not.) She had on nude shoes but almost looked barefoot. I assume CL makes her on-air apparel choices...which have been mostly understated, 'professional,' until recently. This was an epic fail.

I only seen her sitting at the table doing tbe "hard sell" on the jewelry items. I didn't know it was a dress, so I thought she had a blouse on.  I agree with you about Colleen looking professional.  She almost always looks on point with her outfits. 

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Thumper said:

Jumpsuits are not practical to wear.  My mom has a "jumpsuit" story.  She was at a bar with her boyfriend.  She was ... tipsy.  While having a potty break the top half of her peach colored polyester jumpsuit fell into the toilet, but the bowl water was clear - thank goodness.  She said, after the mishap her & boyfriend sat in a booth in the back of the  bar until the top of her jumpsuit dried out.  She never wore a jumpsuit again after that.  😂

• Like 3
  • Laugh 3
  • Surprise 1

7 minutes ago, caminlaca said:

Colleen's fugly dress:

cl dress.jpg

Thanks for posting the pic. I am not a fan of high-low, skark bite, asymmetrical hemlines. It's because I don't like the reverse side of fabric showing at hemlines.  The dress Collen's wearing is not a good look for her - imo.  The sleeves have a 1940s vibe to me (nothing wrong with that), I've seen pics of my grandmother in her 20s, the early 1940s, wearing blouses and dresses with similar sleeve styles.  I bet that open sleeve style would help in keeping cool during the hot weather back then when AC was wasn't common, and having a fan was a luxury.  

• Like 3

I have a very long torso, so along with numerous additional reasons, jumpsuits are a no-go for moi.

camel towing.jpg

I'll have to pass on the HSN jumpsuitery.

Edited by SuprSuprElevated
  • Like 4
  • Laugh 10

Sorry Diane, this outfit is not working. Short jacket with stiff, standout peplum over slightly longer top with big peplum = emphasis on wide tummy and back area. Looks like a Loco Lori design.

The flat platform sandals don't look good with the crop pants. (Pants are the TSV.)

misc pics fashion jacket peplum Diane Gilman  1 HSN 4-27-19.jpg

Edited by Coffeecup
  • Like 5
  • Laugh 1

13 hours ago, Coffeecup said:

Sorry Diane, this outfit is not working. Short jacket with stiff, standout peplum over slightly longer top with big peplum = emphasis on wide tummy and back area. Looks like a Loco Lori design.

The flat platform sandals don't look good with the crop pants. (Pants are the TSV.)

misc pics fashion jacket peplum Diane Gilman  1 HSN 4-27-19.jpg

Is that Diane Gilman on the left?

Sure, the clothes and shoes suck, but her hair!  It looks great! Remember how it always looked like straw, just hanging down and over-processed looking?  Going natural looks amazing on her.....!

• Like 5

2 hours ago, lovemesomejoolery said:

but her hair!

I even liked it when it was quite short, post-treatment.  I can understand why she may not have wanted to keep it that way I guess.

dg2.jpg

dg 1.jpg

Edited by SuprSuprElevated
  • Like 2

I like Diane's hair grey, but I think it would look nicer if she brushed through it and smoothed it instead of having the tiny ringlets look.

Edited by Coffeecup
  • Like 2

8 hours ago, hummingbird said:

From what I understand post chemo hair has a mind of its own and is very different from ones real/previous hair ...maybe u don’t GAF at that point and are just happy to be here 

I love the color in her actually 

but I get what u r   saying 

this was how my mom's best friend felt.  She was a true blond, with fine, straight hair.  After chemo it came back thick, curly and gray - totally changed her outer appearance.  Two things played a part in her keeping the gray curly hair - the fact that she had always wished for curly hair (like most of us with straight hair do!) and the most important was that she had been through so much and was still on borrowed time.  She said she wanted to spend whatever time she had left anywhere but at the hair salon!  She had the best outlook on life!

P.S.  She also lost all of her hair on her legs - it never grew back.  Bonus = never having to shave her legs!

Edited by lovemesomejoolery
  • Like 6

On 4/27/2019 at 6:30 PM, Coffeecup said:

I like Diane's hair grey, but I think it would look nicer if she brushed through it and smoothed it instead of having the tiny ringlets look.

Diane G. has great bone structure in her face, and a pretty face to go with it.  She could rock out many types hair styles from short to at the shoulders hairstyles.  I hope she will try out some different new ones. I'm liking her light silver colored hair, it's attractive on her, plus her hair looks very healthy now.  👍

Edited by ImaTart · Reason: Grammar
  • Like 3

On 4/11/2019 at 4:24 PM, selhars said:

I feel strongly that I think if I were an shopping channel host that all I would wear would be stuff you could get on my channel. I'd be a walking billboard on air and OFF air. I'd be in all HSN or QVC down to my undies:). Certainly, there is no way in hell I'd wear anything on-air that wasn't sold on my channel.

The channels certainly have a wide enough selection of styles, that I can't believe there's any host who can't find a varied wardrobe that's all from their channel. I think it's inexcusable that they wear things that aren't sold on the channel. Quite frankly, I don't know my management allows it. But, whatever....that's their concern. Not mine.

Yes!!!  I have seen Amy in that Gucci belt many times.  QVC also has offenders of this...butt shaking Renee selling her crappy “no wiggle, no jiggle” line in Gucci and Loubotion heels.  Colleen does seem to wear stuff from her line often.  I have seen Callie wear HSN clothes also while selling other things.

I just don’t get the whole Beekman thing.  Saw a few minutes of their show the other day, they come off as smarmy to me and goat milk products weird me out for some reason.

• Like 4

I hadn't seen Diane since her return and her white hair and I think she looks wonderful.  Note-- may be biased because I am currently trying to grow out my hair (thought I was totally gray or white but apparently just around my face. Haven't colored since Thanksgiving).

Also, I see LiPaz is being shown now and it is really lovely silver jewelry some with gemstones but lots of filagree and pretty detail yes from Israel . I thought for a moment it was a female rep for the other vendor on Q (OriPaz? not sure of name). Anyway it's not - and while it's different merchandise, it is "organic and artisan" Israeli jewelry. Not criticizing, as I do think the few items I have managed to view are really nice.

• Like 1

Just shake my head when listening to the hosts on HSN touting their TS fan as 'not being available anywhere else.' 'Exclusive to HSN.' Riiiiiight. Except that QVC sells the same fan under the Air Innovations name (same company). I own it...and really like it...but it's not as amazing as they make it sound. I don't have AC and this fan has never made my apt feel as though I did. Of course, Colleen is buying it...perhaps even multiples! (she makes that claim with a lot of what she sells).

• Like 2
  • Laugh 1

5 minutes ago, caminlaca said:

Just shake my head when listening to the hosts on HSN touting their TS fan as 'not being available anywhere else.' 'Exclusive to HSN.' Riiiiiight. Except that QVC sells the same fan under the Air Innovations name (same company). I own it...and really like it...but it's not as amazing as they make it sound. I don't have AC and this fan has never made my apt feel as though I did. Of course, Colleen is buying it...perhaps even multiples! (she makes that claim with a lot of what she sells).

ETA: QVC has the fan available 'As Is' (in a variety of colors) for $10 less than HSN. (I've purchased several QVC 'As Is' items and all appeared new.)

• Like 1

I wouldn’t have recognized Chris Scanlon from the mug shot. She looks so old & she’s only 59. I think she left HSN on her own accord but she must have lost all her money or something. Talk about falling from grace. If being a host on a shopping channel a fall from grace. Serious charges against her though. Crazy!

https://www.wtxl.com/news/local-news/former-hsn-host-chris-scanlon-arrested-in-leon-county

Edited by ByaNose
  • Like 2
  • Surprise 1

She was not a favorite, but I do feel bad for her.  I wonder how all of this happened?

• Like 1