Forums forums
PRIMETIMER
SilverStormm

Home Shopping Network

2 hours ago, hummingbird said:

They are doing a tie in with the new movie  

will be shows tonight 

at least they were scheduled 

I wonder how they will do the tie-in? Adrianne could play the murder victim. She's looked dead for years. 

• Like 13

1 hour ago, TexasTiffany said:

I wonder how they will do the tie-in? Adrianne could play the murder victim. She's looked dead for years. 

LMAO!

My question was going to be if we got to vote which host we could off first?

• Like 8

Speaking of Iris Apfel - what the heck does Rara Avis mean??

Not a regular watcher of her stuff.

So am watching the Murder on the Orient Express show - so what does a bra have to do with anything???  Were the cast all wearing this Rhonda Shear number.  Duh....

Edited by Fishy
  • Like 7

2 minutes ago, RiderOnTheStorm said:

Untitled.jpg

Thank you!   .........so I'm not too old to learn something new.... ?

• Like 9

Speaking of Murder on the Orient Express and Judi Dench in particular.  The first thing I think of now when I see her name is I wonder how she's doing with her macular degeneration.   I feel sorry that she has that.

• Like 6

HSN's Today's Special is the Giannios 5 lbs Assorted Chocolates for $49.95. They look delicious but I question the timing of this TS. I've still got Halloween chocolate bars. I don't want to think about buying expensive chocolates right now. Waiting 2 weeks or more would have been a better idea, IMO. 

• Like 8

Mmmm....chocolates.

BUT, my sister won't let the kidlets eat the candy that they got trick or treating, they can only eat the candy she bought (~ insert your own eyeroll here~), so guess who scored all their Halloween haul? ???

I need more chocolate like I need a hole in my head.

HSN is selling some sort of immersion blender by a company named SMEG. It costs $179.95.  I looked them up, the letters stand for "Smalterie Metallurgiche Emiliane Guastalla". They are an Italian company with a high emphasis on design and technology.

http://www.smegusa.com

• Like 12

1 hour ago, TexasTiffany said:

HSN's Today's Special is the Giannios 5 lbs Assorted Chocolates for $49.95. They look delicious but I question the timing of this TS. I've still got Halloween chocolate bars. I don't want to think about buying expensive chocolates right now. Waiting 2 weeks or more would have been a better idea, IMO. 

Yes, but according to the Q promo I heard, there's ONLY SEVEN WEEKS UNTIL CHRISTMAS!!!

Speaking of advertising, remember an earlier conversation in the thread on how the Q should advertise on other channels if they want to attract a different demographic? HSN seems to have realized that; I've been seeing advertisements for them on MSNBC. I think it's specific to my cable system (Optimum) since it included the channel number.

???????????????

HSN:

554-273

Microwave glass 8-cup popcorn popper

$19.95, free shipping, flex pay available

Edited by DownTheShore
  • Like 9

The Giannios TS is $49.95-5lbs and 10 gift boxes.  Forget the boxes, the candy is $9.99/lb.

You can get a 6 lb. tin for $59.95, also $9.99/lb.

I don't need the boxes, I'll take the 6 lbs for myself.... and I order them early Dec last year.

• Like 8

HSN has free shipping on all kitchen and food today. I wish David's Cookies had stayed there since their stuff would go on sale at good prices. Probably why they left though.

• Like 7

12 hours ago, DownTheShore said:

Mmmm....chocolates.

BUT, my sister won't let the kidlets eat the candy that they got trick or treating, they can only eat the candy she bought (~ insert your own eyeroll here~), so guess who scored all their Halloween haul? ???

I need more chocolate like I need a hole in my head.

HSN is selling some sort of immersion blender by a company named SMEG. It costs $179.95.  I looked them up, the letters stand for "Smalterie Metallurgiche Emiliane Guastalla". They are an Italian company with a high emphasis on design and technology.

http://www.smegusa.com

SMEG-ma.. (I miss Red Dwarf).

• Like 6

58 minutes ago, Jaded said:

HSN has free shipping on all kitchen and food today. I wish David's Cookies had stayed there since their stuff would go on sale at good prices. Probably why they left though.

Every year there was a Today's Special of crumb cakes and brownies. I got them 2 or 3 years ago and would look for them closer to Christmas. Was that a David's Cookies item? I was surprised to see they jumped over to QVC. 

• Like 7

3 minutes ago, TexasTiffany said:

Every year there was a Today's Special of crumb cakes and brownies. I got them 2 or 3 years ago and would look for them closer to Christmas. Was that a David's Cookies item? I was surprised to see they jumped over to QVC. 

Those were David's Cookies items. Those crumb cakes taste good. I haven't had them in a couple years either though. The desert stuff now left on the Ho doesn't look that good. I can't comment on the rum cakes since I've never had one. I remember people commenting in our previous threads that they liked them though. I keep getting emails from the David's cookies website after purchasing something from them directly a few years ago during a sale they had. They are offering $5 off orders this month.

• Like 6

12 minutes ago, Girlydiva53 said:

That was the first thing that popped into my mind too!  

• Like 4

For Christmas I would send my family the David's tower of boxes: brownies,  assorted cookies, crumb cakes...Very well received

We also love the Jimmy the Baker crumbcakes at QVC.  Always very fresh and moist.

• Like 8

19 hours ago, DownTheShore said:

Speaking of advertising, remember an earlier conversation in the thread on how the Q should advertise on other channels if they want to attract a different demographic?

I've seen quite a few off-channel QVC ads.

• Like 3

7 hours ago, Girlydiva53 said:

That was my first thought, which was why I looked up the name to try to figure out who thought it was a good idea.?

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, SuprSuprElevated said:

I've seen quite a few off-channel QVC ads.

Have you? I've never seen any. Maybe they're not targeting the NYC metro area - or else I've missed them.

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, DownTheShore said:

Have you? I've never seen any. Maybe they're not targeting the NYC metro area - or else I've missed them.

I honestly can't recall on which network/channel or at what times.  I'll try to pay attention next time.

• Like 3

9 hours ago, Jaded said:

Those were David's Cookies items. Those crumb cakes taste good. I haven't had them in a couple years either though. The desert stuff now left on the Ho doesn't look that good. I can't comment on the rum cakes since I've never had one. I remember people commenting in our previous threads that they liked them though. I keep getting emails from the David's cookies website after purchasing something from them directly a few years ago during a sale they had. They are offering $5 off orders this month.

Thanks for the link. I liked the crumb cakes. The brownies were okay. I really liked the presentation of everything in the Christmas boxes. I'd gift some and keep some. With these type items it's not the cost of the gift but everyone likes getting a little dessert something in pretty wrapping. I used to look for HSN to have that TS during the holidays. It was around $20, iirc. The crumb cakes and stuff were worth it to me. HSN now has chocolate covered pretzels that cost $24.95. I'm going to check out the David's Cookies link instead of spending with HSN.

ETA: shopping that link, D.Cookies are a bit pricey. 12 brownie pieces is $39.95. I need to get out my apron and bake stuff myself. 

Edited by TexasTiffany
  • Like 7

10 hours ago, SuprSuprElevated said:

I honestly can't recall on which network/channel or at what times.  I'll try to pay attention next time.

I've seen them on MSNBC.

• Like 3

Where to begin on this screenshot? The “world launch” of Joy Mangano’s new book, “Inventing JOY”? The question of why Joy’s head looks too small for her body? Or, the big shock - what has happened to Amy Morrison’s hair??

2FD1D4B4-B055-4F6D-85F9-632BCEBA9F78.thumb.jpeg.7d25702cb27b7c737230eccd989e2131.jpeg

I used to envy her hair - it always looked so good. Now it’s too long, IMO, but it also looks like straw. Her makeup is very harsh here too. I always thought she was so cute, but I’m not liking her look her at all.

15434ACB-0678-4276-8A53-4B6A9BA97C8B.thumb.jpeg.9754ea1cf2870c83a64d0df81a420273.jpeg

• Like 11

2 hours ago, Booney said:

what has happened to Amy Morrison’s hair??

she bought herself some new hair?

small voice, I don't think it's a good look for her 

• Like 10

5 minutes ago, DownTheShore said:

Is that all her hair, or extensions?

3 minutes ago, hummingbird said:

she bought herself some new hair?

small voice, I don't think it's a good look for her 

It could be extensions, but if it is, she got ripped off because the extensions look like straw too.

• Like 8

3 minutes ago, Booney said:

It could be extensions, but if it is, she got ripped off because the extensions look like straw too.

the color is fine, but if you watch her, they don't move like real hair,

she should go back to her real hair,

she is cute and enthusiastic, no need for the fake hair  

• Like 7

Just now, hummingbird said:

the color is fine, but if you watch her, they don't move like real hair,

she should go back to her real hair,

she is cute and enthusiastic, no need for the fake hair  

Totes agree.

• Like 8

10 hours ago, Rustybones said:

I've seen them on MSNBC.

If you're talking about ads for the shop channels, so have I.  MSNBC seems to run a lot of them for HSN, maybe not as much for Q.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Booney said:

I used to envy her hair - it always looked so good. Now it’s too long, IMO, but it also looks like straw. Her makeup is very harsh here too. I always thought she was so cute, but I’m not liking her look her at all.

15434ACB-0678-4276-8A53-4B6A9BA97C8B.thumb.jpeg.9754ea1cf2870c83a64d0df81a420273.jpeg

This before & after is from an August 2013 show.

AMYM.JPG.77b56421e21345c3fe048644552aafde.JPG

• Like 8

3 minutes ago, RubberbandGirl said:

She looks so much younger in the Before picture. She seems to be doing her eye makeup with a heavier hand now if you compare it to the After pic from 2013.

• Like 9

I was surprised when Geoff left, but maybe it was on good terms.  He posted pics of his family in the studio on his last day..He seemed like a rising star there,  as they paired him with Colleen for shows, which usually means they like you... . 

• Like 7

I'm not unhappy over that Geoff leaving because I never cared for him.  Not a big time watcher of HSN so I'm only now just finding out what his name was.  Oh well, c'est la vie and toodle-oooo to you.

Edited by Fishy
  • Like 6

14 hours ago, dbklmt said:

I see that Geoff Cowan https://www.hsn.com/shop/geoff-cowan/15442  who relocated from Australia to Florida is gone from the show hosts list https://www.hsn.com/content/SH0WH0STS/236 leaving only three male hosts Adam Freeman, Brett Chukerman and Guy Yovan.  Is it just the beginning of exits for HSN show hosts as QVC takes over?

I have never seen that guy before in my life... where the heck have I been???

• Like 7

14 hours ago, dbklmt said:

I see that Geoff Cowan https://www.hsn.com/shop/geoff-cowan/15442  who relocated from Australia to Florida is gone from the show hosts list https://www.hsn.com/content/SH0WH0STS/236 leaving only three male hosts Adam Freeman, Brett Chukerman and Guy Yovan.  Is it just the beginning of exits for HSN show hosts as QVC takes over?

Well, they're not combining the channels, so the on-air personnel should be safer than those in management.

Edited by DownTheShore · Reason: My fingers apparently tried to type in French.
  • Like 4

17 hours ago, RubberbandGirl said:

The before pic is so much cuter.....and younger.  Before looks like a college kid.  After one looks like a hardened shop channel host. 

• Like 10