Forums forums
PRIMETIMER
SilverStormm

QVC

No, Jan, you douche nozzle, it's not ice cream if it has no dairy.  That frozen fruit concoction you and Blabby are calling ice cream is really sorbet.  Dumb asses.

• Like 23

Jane looks really nice in her Christmas jacket. See it ain’t that hard, Jill. You can still wear black with a little color on top. 

• Like 17

15 minutes ago, CarpeDiem54 said:

No, Jan, you douche nozzle, it's not ice cream if it has no dairy.  That frozen fruit concoction you and Blabby are calling ice cream is really sorbet.  Dumb asses.

Sorbet apparently doesn't free folks from their $100 dollar bills as easily as does ice cream. ? ? ?

16 minutes ago, ByaNose said:

Jane looks really nice in her Christmas jacket. See it ain’t that hard, Jill. You can still wear black with a little color on top. 

I kind of think of that plaid as a Christmas plaid too, but I really like it.

• Like 12

I'm totally over Jan.  He's a tool at this point.  An orange, a lemon, a cucumber, cilantro, and a jalapeno with a bunch of ice and some orange juice thrown over it is a puke-arita, not a margarita.

Go away and take your stupid taped on mic with you.  I wouldn't buy a Vitamix from you even if it did the dishes and scrubbed the floor.

• Like 24

I'd like to have a VitaMix someday. However, I have no need of one and no room for one, so I will not be buying one.

I find it odd that the Q is now pushing down products, when for so long they seemed to be concentrating on hypoallergenic filling materials.

I'm flipping between the Q and "Unseen Cinema" on TCM. 

• Like 11

59 minutes ago, JohnnyStar5 said:

What's the item number for this Denim & Co. dress?

Not sure but it definitely starts with A for Amish.

• Like 15

7 hours ago, Fishy said:

ps&btw --- I don't think I'll be purchasing one of these to create my own powdered sugar on the once or twice a year occasion I need some.   

I haven't tried and can't say for certain, but I wouldn't be surprised if my Nutri Bullet could powder up some granular sugar.  I use it to grind flax seeds, and I grind my own black pepper from whole peppercorns (I hate that grey powder that passes for black pepper).

p.s.:  The Nutri Bullet was $70 bucks.

Edited by SuprSuprElevated
  • Like 13

11 hours ago, Lady J said:

I'm watching the Vita Mix demo and wondering how the hell many people grind their own flour ?

2 hours ago, CarpeDiem54 said:

They're trying to target people who follow one of the health food movements (vegan, paleo, gluten-free, etc.) that have become very popular recently. Vitamixes and other fancy blenders are hugely popular among those people, especially vegans. It's a HUGE thing in the vegan movement to use the fancy blender to make banana "ice cream" out of frozen bananas, sometimes including coconut milk or other add-ins (another term for it is "nice cream"). I've also heard of people grinding their own oat flour out of dry oatmeal, coconut flour out of dried coconut, and nut flour out of whatever type of nuts, using a fancy blender, and those flours are frequently used in these specialized diets as well. Anyway that's why I'm assuming QVC is mentioning these things. I wouldn't have expected that QVC would be up on the latest dietary movements except a few months ago I saw a presentation for a snack foods company called Vegan Rob's...I was very surprised they were selling from a company with the word "vegan" in the name, and even more surprised when it sold out. I actually almost ordered one too because I enjoy "health food," but that was back when QVC was having their ordering problems, and since then Vegan Rob's has become available from other retailers.

• Like 13

The CuddlDuds tsv is basically Berkshire blanket pants.  At least no Hanby Roby fondling them for 10 hours.

• Like 20

16 hours ago, DownTheShore said:

I click on the "Next Unread Topic" link that's at the end of whatever thread I'm reading, and that ultimately cycles me through all of the topics in this new forum. I'm finding that the easiest way to make sure that I don't miss posts/threads.

And it takes me right to the spot in the subject where I left off last time I was on. Great feature of this board IMHO. 

• Like 11

8 hours ago, lovemesomejoolery said:

Pardon me, but she doesn't call the people who come to taste her food OAPs..............they are seagulls.

How stupid is that?

Agree - man bun guy is easy on the eyes!

LOL 

If they are seagulls, is David a Dodo? 

• Like 14

10 hours ago, Jaded said:

Some people really do have serious issues regarding gluten. Having said that they shouldn't have UNMary present food at all if she can't eat any of it. I know she started off on David's food shows but her not being able to actually consume items she's presenting is hindering viewers/customers ability to focus on whatever is being presented. Instead attention gets diverted to her issues and the constant stream of people she has to bring in to be tasting guinea pigs who then comment about whatever they've eaten. There is a cute man bun guy who's a producer on her Saturday show that she brings on who's not bad to look at. Other then him it looks stupid when she has OAPs who present other kitchen/food items tasting competitors stuff because she can't eat any of it.

We’re always wanting the hosts to stop eating while presenting a product so our prayers have been answered why have someone taste it ?  It’s not like you get an honest opinion anyway. I’ve never heard anyone take a bite and say ‘This tastes like shit’. 

And I have admit, perhaps again, I kinda like the man bun. Don’t know why. 

• Like 17

7 hours ago, CarpeDiem54 said:

Such condescending twits. I've made fruit sorbet in my old Black & Decker food processor for years. I don't need a Vitamix for that. 

I often grind salt in my spice grinder. Regular salt bounces off my air popped popcorn. Powdered salt sticks. 

Edited by TexasTiffany
  • Like 13

25 minutes ago, AuntCarol said:

We’re always wanting the hosts to stop eating while presenting a product so our prayers have been answered why have someone taste it ?  It’s not like you get an honest opinion anyway. I’ve never heard anyone take a bite and say ‘This tastes like shit’. 

Bwahahaha!  Wouldn't you pay to see that?!!  It would have to be some host's last day ... or the Q would have to bring back Mike Rowe.

• Like 18

59 minutes ago, AuntCarol said:

Yes!!  I agree with you!

• Like 10

9 hours ago, Jaded said:

Here's another shot of him from UNMary's FB page.

Whoa she looks major derp face here!

8 hours ago, CarpeDiem54 said:

I'm totally over Jan.  He's a tool at this point.  An orange, a lemon, a cucumber, cilantro, and a jalapeno with a bunch of ice and some orange juice thrown over it is a puke-arita, not a margarita.

Go away and take your stupid taped on mic with you.  I wouldn't buy a Vitamix from you even if it did the dishes and scrubbed the floor.

I hate Jan as much as I could hate someone I don’t even know personally! Just, Blecchh!

Edited by Jules08 · Reason: ETA: When Diva tasted that gross looking green drink and made “delicious” face, How fake was that? The man doesn’t put a healthy morsal in his mouth off camera I am sure! It prob really disgusted him.
  • Like 13

They just had Halston clearance items-- a nice cap sleeve dress for $28.44 (like one of the few times I say WOW that is a good deal). I caught the lat 2 minutes of it while trying to decide,. I was noticing though that the OAP was wearing it with a cardigan ( stupid how can I see it ) and though the dress was pretty much knee length, she also wore to the knee boots which almost (but not quite met the dress).http://www.qvc.com/_/N-lhct/c.html?limit=96&search-term=halston+dress&ro=lhct&navSrc=REFINE#plModule

I was so put off with how poorly they styled it that I couldn't really consider the dress. I may look it up on line to see it but I think i will, as usual, decide to check out TJMMarshalls in real life.

• Like 13

I'm not really a leggings-person.  If I get them I always size up - have never been a skintight Diva.  My Catholic upbringing precedes me.  I might wear the TSV to lounge in or sleep in, but they would never see the light of day outside.  Just me and I love CuddlDuds.  YMMV.

• Like 16

29 minutes ago, mayvenne said:

They just had Halston clearance items-- a nice cap sleeve dress for $28.44 (like one of the few times I say WOW that is a good deal). I caught the lat 2 minutes of it while trying to decide,. I was noticing though that the OAP was wearing it with a cardigan ( stupid how can I see it ) and though the dress was pretty much knee length, she also wore to the knee boots which almost (but not quite met the dress).http://www.qvc.com/_/N-lhct/c.html?limit=96&search-term=halston+dress&ro=lhct&navSrc=REFINE#plModule

I was so put off with how poorly they styled it that I couldn't really consider the dress. I may look it up on line to see it but I think i will, as usual, decide to check out TJMMarshalls in real life.

you should look at the posted live demo on your link one more time because they're showing the dress, and only the dress on the video??  only .40+ more than your original clearance price.

Edited by Fishy
  • Like 5

1 hour ago, Jules08 said:

I hate Jan as much as I could hate someone I don’t even know personally! Just, Blecchh!

And that about sums up my reaction to Killinger.

• Like 16

10 hours ago, SuprSuprElevated said:

Sorbet apparently doesn't free folks from their $100 dollar bills as easily as does ice cream. ? ? ?

I kind of think of that plaid as a Christmas plaid too, but I really like it.

Too funny! I couldn't think of the word plaid when I was posting. I wanted to say that, thought that and yet couldn't type it out. LOL!!!

• Like 7

1 minute ago, ByaNose said:

Too funny! I couldn't think of the word plaid when I was posting. I wanted to say that, thought that and yet couldn't type it out. LOL!!!

I don't know how old you are (it can be your secret), but this sounds like me on any given day.  An unexpected gift of meno.

• Like 10

I've seen two of Farmer Dan's dogs in Cuddl Duds presentations this morning. They're good-looking dogs. Weren't we just talking a week or two ago about how nice it was when they had a Q mascot dog? Is the QVC spy reading us and paying attention?

P.S. No, the dogs were not wearing the Cuddl Duds. They have their own fur.

• Like 16

Some of Cathy's blathering on the TSV. A few things grate. I suppose since the TSV doesn't go below a size small, they have to address that for all the smaller folks. So we get to hear, several times, that "I am an extra extra small, or a size zero, in some brands, like GILI. ... I'm not really a zero, that's my QVC size!!" {she laughs a bit} ... okay ... overtones of: "We size UP here at QVC because our customers want to think they are smaller than they really are. I KNOW I am small, maybe a 2, but I am not delusional to think I'm really a zero. Tee Hee."

As she introduces Kako (?) "This is very Fifth Avenue chic!!" - after she just said how adorable she looked. "Look how cute we look!!" In my mind, chic is not generally "cute" or "adorable." Cuddle Duds - "chic" - ooooookayyyyyy

Now the colors. Colors have meaning. Pay attention.

"Talk about luxury! This is wine."

"Because it's black, it's easy to dress up and dress down."

Next she brings up a negative, in my opinion regarding garments on the lower half of my body: "Check out the sheen!!"

Next we are reminded of her lack of knowledge, and a subtle put down of the fabric - "I don't think I've even owned velour!!"

Next Kako tries to relate to those over a size 2, perhaps: "I can wear these and eat as much as I want and not feel like a big fatty."

And one last upbeat suggestion: "Wear them out with your boyfriend, that I don't have ...."

• Like 16

6 hours ago, mpeeps said:

The CuddlDuds tsv is basically Berkshire blanket pants.  At least no Hanby Roby fondling them for 10 hours.

Hanby Roby = "Handy Robe"? We do need a nickname for her...

"BBB" = "Berkshire Blanket Broad"? (mainly because "broad" is the antithesis of the image she tries to project ?)

• Like 14

11 hours ago, Jaded said:

I've only seen him on ITKWM when it airs on Q2 Saturdays. I took this crappy screenshot awhile back and can't remember if I ever posted it or not. I added his name when I saved it and it appears to be Steve. They seem to have quit uploading UNMary's show to the Q2 FB page and Q2 doesn't have a YouTube channel. I went looking on the FB page for a more recent uploaded show to see if I could grab a better shot. I haven't watched her show in over a month myself. With all that unneeded babbling out of the way....

59ffd349bb59b_Q2ProSteve.jpg.92885d01df414d9261b9d58f4a0a37d5.jpg

11 hours ago, Jaded said:

Here's another shot of him from UNMary's FB page.

Eye candy guy... eye candy guy... thank you for posting these and may you have a bless-ed life... *purrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr*

Today I learned two words from y'all: "chucklefuck & douche nozzle"... gosh, I lurve this place!

• Like 17

1 minute ago, DownTheShore said:

Hanby Roby = "Handy Robe"? We do need a nickname for her...

"BBB" = "Berkshire Blanket Broad"? (mainly because "broad" is the antithesis of the image she tries to project ?)

Handy Rubby is my offering!

• Like 14

This is too funny. QVC has live dogs in the studio for velour clothing presentations, but to sell the retractable dog leash, they're using fake dogs!

• Like 23

11 hours ago, JohnnyStar5 said:

What's the item number for this Denim & Co. dress?

Johnnystar5.....you will never know how much your post tickled my funny bone!  Good one!!!!!

• Like 13

4 hours ago, AuntCarol said:

I think it's the samurai thing.

c63007811ad02b4777c08291d7277c50.jpg

I've always had a crush on Toshiro Mifume. ?

Edited by DownTheShore · Reason: Grammar, grammar.
  • Like 18

18 minutes ago, HissyFit said:

This is too funny. QVC has live dogs in the studio for velour clothing presentations, but to sell the retractable dog leash, they're using fake dogs!

That's because they don't want any lawsuits from people that use retractable dog leashes on "real" dogs. 

I think it was during one of the pet shows (obviously not this show) that Carolyn said she doesn't use retractable leashes because she felt that they were dangerous and offered little control when she walked her dogs.   We actually had a client who lost her dog when using a retractable leash.  She was walking near the road, the dog pulled on the leash, got into the road and was run over by a garbage truck.  I'd never use one of these and this is probably the only time I'll ever find myself agreeing with Carolyn.

Edited by zoemom
  • Like 17

2 hours ago, Fishy said:

I'm not really a leggings-person.  If I get them I always size up - have never been a skintight Diva.  My Catholic upbringing precedes me.  I might wear the TSV to lounge in or sleep in, but they would never see the light of day outside.  Just me and I love CuddlDuds.  YMMV.

I would look like an ice cream cone in leggings...and not in a good way.?

• Like 17

4 hours ago, AuntCarol said:

I agree. Between David's Happy Dance and Sharon's foodgasms, we're not getting authentic opinions anyways, so why bother.

Regarding the retractable leashes, I'm not a fan of them either. I have a Mastiff and walking him on one of those would be like tying a twenty foot piece of dental floss to his collar.

Edited by BitterApple
  • Like 14

1 hour ago, HissyFit said:

I've seen two of Farmer Dan's dogs in Cuddl Duds presentations this morning. They're good-looking dogs. Weren't we just talking a week or two ago about how nice it was when they had a Q mascot dog? Is the QVC spy reading us and paying attention?

Oh, they were Dan's dogs? They looked well-cared-for and happy, when they were on during the initial presentation.

26 minutes ago, BecomingLimited said:

Handy Rubby is my offering!

Oh, that's a good one! ?

• Like 13

Fell asleep with the Q on last night and all was well (or at least it didn't bother me) until about 6 a.m. when ol' Miranda Wiggle-Jiggle showed up. She and Too-Much-Makeup Host and (it seemed) all of the models were miked and *literally* screaming and cackling. SCREAMING. What the hell. What a rotten way to get woken up. I would go hunt up the video but I don't wish to get mad all over again. Grrrrr.

• Like 14

10 minutes ago, Kathcart said:

Fell asleep with the Q on last night and all was well (or at least it didn't bother me) until about 6 a.m. when ol' Miranda Wiggle-Jiggle showed up. She and Too-Much-Makeup Host and (it seemed) all of the models were miked and *literally* screaming and cackling. SCREAMING. What the hell. What a rotten way to get woken up. I would go hunt up the video but I don't wish to get mad all over again. Grrrrr.

Thank you for that nickname reminder...off to the lexicon thread...

• Like 7

Puppy fur dusters.  I'm screaming in my head right now.  Does no one see how that name could be off-putting?  I guess I ask too much of people who think that microfiber dusters would make a great gift.

Tommy-Lee-Jones-giving-some-side-eye-300x237.jpg

Edited by SuprSuprElevated
  • Like 6

2 hours ago, Jeanius said:

Some of Cathy's blathering on the TSV. A few things grate. I suppose since the TSV doesn't go below a size small, they have to address that for all the smaller folks. So we get to hear, several times, that "I am an extra extra small, or a size zero, in some brands, like GILI. ... I'm not really a zero, that's my QVC size!!" {she laughs a bit} ... okay ... overtones of: "We size UP here at QVC because our customers want to think they are smaller than they really are. I KNOW I am small, maybe a 2, but I am not delusional to think I'm really a zero. Tee Hee."

As she introduces Kako (?) "This is very Fifth Avenue chic!!" - after she just said how adorable she looked. "Look how cute we look!!" In my mind, chic is not generally "cute" or "adorable." Cuddle Duds - "chic" - ooooookayyyyyy

Now the colors. Colors have meaning. Pay attention.

"Talk about luxury! This is wine."

"Because it's black, it's easy to dress up and dress down."

Next she brings up a negative, in my opinion regarding garments on the lower half of my body: "Check out the sheen!!"

Next we are reminded of her lack of knowledge, and a subtle put down of the fabric - "I don't think I've even owned velour!!"

Next Kako tries to relate to those over a size 2, perhaps: "I can wear these and eat as much as I want and not feel like a big fatty."

And one last upbeat suggestion: "Wear them out with your boyfriend, that I don't have ...."

Cathy P's shifts are a three hour blooper reel.

2 hours ago, HissyFit said:

I've long advocated that there is something sinister in the water over there.

• Like 9

2 hours ago, zoemom said:

That's because they don't want any lawsuits from people that use retractable dog leashes on "real" dogs. 

I think it was during one of the pet shows (obviously not this show) that Carolyn said she doesn't use retractable leashes because she felt that they were dangerous and offered little control when she walked her dogs.   We actually had a client who lost her dog when using a retractable leash.  She was walking near the road, the dog pulled on the leash, got into the road and was run over by a garbage truck.  I'd never use one of these and this is probably the only time I'll ever find myself agreeing with Carolyn.

Good point.  I live in a neighborhood with dogs, and pretty much without exception, they all use retractable leashes to walk their dogs.  I don't own dogs so I've never given it much thought, but they do seem rather counterintuitive.  What is the upside?  

• Like 4

Somehow I missed douche nozzle along the way, but glad leFay mentioned it.  I needed the laugh.  A nickname for Hanby is in order.   She definitely needs a name with handy in it.  Handy Dandy?  Handy Broad?  Or Berkshire Broad to be more recognizable.

Early this a.m. nuCathy, (Sandra B twin), was hosting. She said in Q sizes she wears a size 0 or XXS but the size S in the tsv has enough stretch to fit nicely but not too tight.   They also showed what they called a "CuddlCam" which was a super closeup of the plush fabric (which looks like a Berkshire blanket).  I'm sure they will be using the CuddlCam with Skunky tonight.  I'm seeing a lot of knee bagging and ankle puddling with these tsv pants, especially on nuCathy.  CaCa was doing the Q a disservice by wearing them, especially with those ugly Alegria shoes, and even the OAP had baggy knees and ankle puddling.  They look like pj pants to me.  The OAP said she was definitely wearing the red tsvs for Christmas Eve.  They also keep pushing the grannies to buy them for the college girls. I'm guessing because they wear pj's 24/7 as daywear too.   And off topic, nuCathy made sure to share with us that she owns over 120 pairs of shoes, even more than host nuMary Nelson. 

5a009feb0764f_qvc61.jpg.1c03ee819806fc5b6b865f8403f6f12d.jpg

Edited by mpeeps
  • Like 16

3 hours ago, HissyFit said:

Dogs ARE cuddle duds, I say as one is snuggled up next to me, keeping me warm.

• Like 16