Forums forums
PRIMETIMER
SilverStormm

QVC

Fright wigs TSV has made for some laughs for me tonight. I have drag queen friends that wouldn't wear those things in a million years.

Poor Frau was whining on her facebook page that she stood online for Joe Biden's autographed book for over 2.5 hours. She was 220 and they stopped at 200.  So her hubby gets an unsigned copy.  Don't they know who she is?!?!? I wonder if she tried to use her minor, minor celebrity status to get it signed.

Edited by rags
  • Like 17

1 hour ago, Friday said:

Agree!  Looks like her butt is in front to me.

Totally agree?!?- it looks like she's wearing the jeans backward...  some designer she is.

Merge

Aimes just said "when I had my first daughter"..... Huh??  as opposed to when she had her last daughter? (never mind, it's not worth it)..... freudian slip, perhaps?

Edited by Fishy
  • Like 11

46 minutes ago, CueVeeCeeGirl said:

Aims looked super cute in this wig. it's actually more flattering than her mctool'd real hair. Her features are really beautiful.

5a3c57d9854a8_ScreenShot2017-12-21at7_50_39PM.thumb.png.9611bbdee614c2a485fe754feaa7ddd8.png

5a3c577061276_ScreenShot2017-12-21at7_51_29PM.png.3c283f285adb4ecc47052fd1e8842465.png

Not a fan of the short hair. I’d rather see some wigs with longer hair. 

• Like 12

9 hours ago, Bronxie Babe said:

Cathy looks like Anne Hathaway's Andie in "The Devil Wears Prada" before Stanley Tucci's Nigel got a hold of her.

That's all.

Agreed, total frumpsville.

I have that gray sweater/shawl the model in the middle is wearing. Bought it last year and totally love it!

• Like 10

3 hours ago, potatochips said:

I was cleaning this morning with a Gravuh show on to distract me from the tedium of dusting. Of course, Suze had to blabber on about her background in the PANT industry and how she is an expert in a flattering fit. Here she is modeling what she claimed is a size 4 in these “fabulous” jeans. I don’t know what y’all think but I think these make her look huge in the hips. So much for her expertise.?

0CCF486B-A81D-4C0D-948F-A6CE91C69709.jpeg

Graver is NOT a size 4 - maybe in her dreams!!

• Like 13

3 hours ago, Phronsie said:

When I saw this picture I immediately thought of the plastic wigs we got for Christmas one year as kids.....I see a STRONG resemblance lmao!!!!

5a3bea3104b7c_qvc85.jpg.41865b7bc24d43311fb75b7460dc97eb.jpg

wigs.jpg

Kirsten looks like Sue from Glee in that wig, lol.  

I remember those play wigs!  Gawd I'm old.

• Like 19

2 minutes ago, hummingbird said:

Thoughts on Janes look?

she needs to that that wig to her hair stylist and get it copied 

the color and style flatter her 

It looks better than the brown fuzzy mop she usually has.  A bit more chic and flattering.

• Like 12

1 hour ago, rags said:

Poor Frau was whining on her facebook page that she stood online for Joe Biden's autographed book for over 2.5 hours. She was 220 and they stopped at 200.  So her hubby gets an unsigned copy.  Don't they know who she is?!?!? I wonder if she tried to use her minor, minor celebrity status to get it signed.

Screenshot (11).png

Edited by SuprSuprElevated
  • Like 13

I feel shoe crazy tonight - have seen at least 4 or 5 pairs of shoes I'd like to have but I don't really NEEEEED any .... wah!

Has anyone ever had this happen?  I liked the ODO shoe on Leah's show - a Clark's shoe - I ordered it on QVC then immediately did an online search for the same shoe.  It came up on Amazon for $26 and change and the price at QVC was $64 and change.  The picture of the shoe was the same but the line item listing was different verbage but if you clicked on the verbage the right shoe details came up??  I called Amazon and the cust rep said everything looked in order but I could always return them.  I figured the same and decided to take my chances and see what happens.

• Like 13

2 hours ago, rags said:

Can you tell me exactly where on Jill's FB page this is?  I couldn't find it.  TIA!

• Like 6

1 hour ago, Bronxie Babe said:

Can you tell me exactly where on Jill's FB page this is?  I couldn't find it.  TIA!

Wow so when I went to Frau's page to link her Biden post, she's deleted it. The only reason I can think of is she got several crazy negative comments about her promoting politics. I saw a few posts she replied to saying all she did was buy a book for Mr. Frau who likes history & politics. And if people don't like it they should just unlike her page. 

Wait found it for ya! She deleted it in her posts section but it was still in the photo section.

Edited by rags
  • Like 13

I wish I would have stuck around watching some of the wig presentations today while home sick.  That stuff looked hysterical!  Well I'm getting some much needed laughter on here reading and seeing those pictures. 

Tonight during a commercial break from the movie "White Christmas," I channel surfed for a bit and landed on the Q.  When did Ripka become a blonde?  Is that a new look or is it that I haven't seen her in quite a while?  Or was she sporting a wig from the Q's supply maybe? 

• Like 9

5 hours ago, Autumn Love said:

I wish I would have stuck around watching some of the wig presentations today while home sick.  That stuff looked hysterical!  Well I'm getting some much needed laughter on here reading and seeing those pictures. 

Tonight during a commercial break from the movie "White Christmas," I channel surfed for a bit and landed on the Q.  When did Ripka become a blonde?  Is that a new look or is it that I haven't seen her in quite a while?  Or was she sporting a wig from the Q's supply maybe? 

She's been slowly morphing into a blonde over the past couple of years.  She was pretty dark before for a woman of a certain age, and like me, probably found it difficult to keep up with the outgrowth of grey.

• Like 7

Personally I think this hideous Yeti-skin jacket would make a fabulous Gift of Spite. It flatters no one, so your spitefulness could be applied to anyone from your manicurist to your maw-maw!

yeti.jpg

• Like 21

8 hours ago, rags said:

Wow so when I went to Frau's page to link her Biden post, she's deleted it. The only reason I can think of is she got several crazy negative comments about her promoting politics. I saw a few posts she replied to saying all she did was buy a book for Mr. Frau who likes history & politics. And if people don't like it they should just unlike her page. 

Wait found it for ya! She deleted it in her posts section but it was still in the photo section.

Wait - is all that verbiage a quote from her FB?  if so, I hate to be the bearer of bad news, Jilly Bean, but you haven't been a "girl"for over 30 years. 

Edited by Ladyrain
  • Like 9

"Not 2, not 5, not 10, but 14%..."  Aaack!!  I actually thought we had escaped this weirdo for the holiday selling season.

Not sure who looks more ridiculous in this screen grab:

Screenshot (12).png

I lied - it's Renee'.

Edited by SuprSuprElevated
  • Like 19

37 minutes ago, SuprSuprElevated said:

"Not 2, not 5, not 10, but 14%..."  Aaack!!  I actually thought we had escaped this weirdo for the holiday selling season.

Screenshot (12).png

I lied - it's Renee'.

Wow...those boots may be the tackiest, ugliest footwear I have ever seen on an OAP or host.  Even worse that Carolyn’s granny slippers and Shawn’s clunky, fugly shooties. Bet they cost big bucks though...like the Gucci pumps she usually wears.

But at least fashion is back on and not overpriced food, outdated electronics or crappy trinkets no one wants or needs.

• Like 14

11 hours ago, JasminePhyllisia said:

It looks better than the brown fuzzy mop she usually has.  A bit more chic and flattering.

Jane must have also realized the wig looked better than her usual “do”.....she said her own hair is curly and thin, and just won’t do what the wig style does.  Of course, she then had to put on the super short one in shoe polish brown and tuck it behind her elf ears.

• Like 16

4 minutes ago, Phronsie said:

Jane must have also realized the wig looked better than her usual “do”.....she said her own hair is curly and thin, and just won’t do what the wig style does.  Of course, she then had to put on the super short one in shoe polish brown and tuck it behind her elf ears.

She must have been getting real-time feedback about how much the viewers loved the red wig on her.

Had to nip that chit in the bud right now!

• Like 10

18 minutes ago, Phronsie said:

Even though she looked better in the reddish wig, the short one still looked better than her own hair on most days IMO.

2AFAE2C8-5414-40FC-B40B-259415248450.thumb.jpeg.a6390db3284796f994960604104c3ad4.jpeg

• Like 18

I never realized how hard it is to listen to Antonella.  I haven't seen her on air lately when I've watched.  Haven't missed her.

It's also so strange to hear the OAP call Judith Ripka - Judy - JudyJudyJudy.  She just does NOT seem like a Judy.  

1 hour ago, SuprSuprElevated said:

I really like the Ripka TSV, in silver/white.  Must.resist.the.cart.

p.s. - I really find her gold plating to be too harsh and fake looking.  ymmv

No, me personally, my mileage does NOT vary.  I totally agree about the gold plating but as much as I might like the TSV too, I can't like the silver color either.  ?

Edited by Fishy
  • Like 8

1 hour ago, SuprSuprElevated said:

Screenshot (12).png

I lied - it's Renee'.

Didn't see this in real time, but I think I like Pat's top - not Jane's - nope, not Jane's, but Pat's top looks wearable. 

I'll just leave it at that.  ?

• Like 8

Wowie - I guess I haven't been watching Judith much during this year - the lighter hair is really a big change from what I remember but I love the color and the highlighting and the style.  It doesn't really soften her looks much, but it sure is pretty - just needs someone else's face.  Hee 

Edited by Fishy
  • Like 12

4 hours ago, SuprSuprElevated said:

I really like the Ripka TSV, in silver/white.  Must.resist.the.cart.

p.s. - I really find her gold plating to be too harsh and fake looking.  ymmv

Just ordered my first Ripka piece, the pave "Olivia" ring in 14K gold clad.

$34.00 clams marked down from $96, and free shipping.

13 hours ago, rags said:

Drat!  Everything's deleted!  Thank you so much, @rags, for trying to help.

• Like 10

3 hours ago, Booney said:

Even though she looked better in the reddish wig, the short one still looked better than her own hair on most days IMO.

2AFAE2C8-5414-40FC-B40B-259415248450.thumb.jpeg.a6390db3284796f994960604104c3ad4.jpeg

Yes even this far beats her real hair. I also do not believe she can't get her real hair to do what those wigs do. Someone if screwing her hair up. What she needs is a better stylist. She has the potential to look like a baby doll because she really does have a very pretty face. Instead her stylist is making her into greasy granny elf.

I think yesterday was a testament to the importance of the right hair to a woman's face. Few things are more vital to beauty than hair. And it need not be long. It just needs to frame the face in a way that flatters. It makes ALL the difference.

Edited by CueVeeCeeGirl
  • Like 15

4 hours ago, SuprSuprElevated said:

Screenshot (12).png

I lied - it's Renee'.

Renee went to Jamaica:  "It was rainy and hot!"

• Like 11

1 minute ago, Bronxie Babe said:

Renee went to Jamaica:  "It was rainy and hot!"

Since she spends so much time in Vietnam, she should be used to rainy and hot.

• Like 17

1 minute ago, Booney said:

Since she spends so much time in Vietnam, she should be used to rainy and hot.

LOL  I notice Renee never has anything negative to say about Paris, London, Milan or Monte Carlo.

• Like 13

17 hours ago, rags said:

Fright wigs TSV has made for some laughs for me tonight. I have drag queen friends that wouldn't wear those things in a million years.

I feel sorry for the poor person who had to tell her she wasn't going to get a signed copy...

• Like 18

6 minutes ago, MyGiddyAunt said:

I feel sorry for the poor person who had to tell her she wasn't going to get a signed copy...

She probably reacted something like this - dressed head to toe in Frau black, of course.

901C403D-31D6-46C6-8A60-BD97B10C1663.gif.d35f5a3dfb7399906dc0033de86408bb.gif

• Like 22

21 hours ago, potatochips said:

I was cleaning this morning with a Gravuh show on to distract me from the tedium of dusting. Of course, Suze had to blabber on about her background in the PANT industry and how she is an expert in a flattering fit. Here she is modeling what she claimed is a size 4 in these “fabulous” jeans. I don’t know what y’all think but I think these make her look huge in the hips. So much for her expertise.?

0CCF486B-A81D-4C0D-948F-A6CE91C69709.jpeg

I finally realized why those pants look wrong to me:  those are rear pockets on the front of the jeans. 

• Like 23

Good grief, Tova is on telling her ancient, old Hollywood stories again. She just referred to a dinner party in which she was sitting next to Andy Williams. Andy Williams!

• Like 20

4 minutes ago, Booney said:

Good grief, Tova is on telling her ancient, old Hollywood stories again. She just referred to a dinner party in which she was sitting next to Andy Williams. Andy Williams!

I'm old and I don't want to hear those stories.

• Like 20

I caught some of Carolyn Pollack’s show hosted by Jen. Carolyn was looking pretty rough. Maybe it was her makeup, which was applied with a heavy hand and made her look pasty. She licked her lips constantly - it’s really kind of fascinating to watch.

A31D14A7-28F9-43BF-8234-FF6B7208C8E8.thumb.jpeg.8dd59739dc770f428077fba38ac75462.jpeg

• Like 19

11 minutes ago, Ladyrain said:

Renee' looks like she's channeling Tina Turner.  And The Office is wearing my kitchen curtains from 1970.

Bwah hah Hee!!

• Like 13

5 minutes ago, Booney said:

I caught some of Carolyn Pollack’s show hosted by Jen. Carolyn was looking pretty rough. Maybe it was her makeup, which was applied with a heavy hand and made her look pasty. She licked her lips constantly - it’s really kind of fascinating to watch.

A31D14A7-28F9-43BF-8234-FF6B7208C8E8.thumb.jpeg.8dd59739dc770f428077fba38ac75462.jpeg

Now here is someone whose hair looks like a wig - where was she yesterday??  JMO 

• Like 20

20 minutes ago, Booney said:

Lip gloss.  Chapstick.  Vaseline.  Carolyn, it's an EASY FIX!!!!!!!!!

• Like 13

Also: I like Pat and Jayne and I enjoy watching their fashion shows. Poor Jayne today in that fugly Logo-wear. I thought she was Gobrielle, pregnant again, when I first tuned in, she looked so bad in that awful top.

Edited to say that I am not saying Gobrielle looks awful. I am saying that she sure seemed to be huge with child for a long time there and that is how poor Jayne looked this morning.

Edited by Kathcart · Reason: Meant to dis Greenstein; did not mean to dis Goby.
  • Like 16

8 minutes ago, Ladyrain said:

Lip gloss.  Chapstick.  Vaseline.  Carolyn, it's an EASY FIX!!!!!!!!!

I think Old Lizard Lips is on some kind of medication that makes her constantly lick her lips.  My grandmother did that in her later years because of some meds she was taking.  It's a side effect.

• Like 20

I just saw a promo on our local Philly ABC affiliate, WPVI, for “The QVC/West Chester Parade.” I guess they must have taped the parade and edited it into an hour long program. It’s on from 7:00 - 8:00 tomorrow night and Humblebrag and Jen Coffey are the parade hosts/emcees along with one of our local weather guys, Adam Joseph. I’ll have to watch or DVR it, if for no other reason than to see HB and Jen in action.

• Like 13

3 hours ago, CarpeDiem54 said:

I think Old Lizard Lips is on some kind of medication that makes her constantly lick her lips.  My grandmother did that in her later years because of some meds she was taking.  It's a side effect.

tN7Or1x.gif   She has been doing this for as long as she's been on the Q.

apN7u6z.gif     Extremely distracting !!!  IsB8mUi.gif

• Like 14

Saw 2 mins of Renee this morning.  The dancing is back.  She only likes this dancing to showcase herself.  She thinks she is a fabulous dancer.  Most of the time the clothes are awful.

• Like 16

5 hours ago, Booney said:

Oh, Andy is my "old guy" crush!  Wish I could have sat next to him!   ?. (Yes, I know he has passed.)

• Like 11

Some of these hosts must really be in fear of losing their jobs.  I can't imagine any other reason for Antonella describing a dream she had to Erin Moseley of making out with Jon Bon Jovi as "a nightmare" because it made her late to their jewelry show.

• Like 16

2 hours ago, Bronxie Babe said:

Some of these hosts must really be in fear of losing their jobs.  I can't imagine any other reason for Antonella describing a dream she had to Erin Moseley of making out with Jon Bon Jovi as "a nightmare" because it made her late to their jewelry show.

Holy cow, she's crushing on him so much that she's dreaming of making out with him? WTH? How old is she, and is her husband that bad in bed?

Does she think if she keeps name-dropping him, TPTB will arrange for a walk-on? Dream on, Ant. Jon BJ won't do that unless the Q comes up with a donation to one of his charities, and there's a snowball's chance in hell of that happening.

• Like 14

2 hours ago, Bronxie Babe said:

Why do I find this hilariously endearing?  Couldn't be because I've had a similar happenstance involving my beloved Daryl Hall......could it? 

I think it's kind of cute, how Ant has this wild crush on JBJ - at her age.*  (*see above).

I wish the Q would arrange for him to show up for her one day on a special occasion, her Q anniversary, birthday, or something. 

• Like 15