Forums forums
PRIMETIMER
SilverStormm

QVC

36 minutes ago, CueVeeCeeGirl said:

Good grief. Mally is there with her Frozen themed makeup. The models look dreadful close up in her makeup. Dreadful. One model had absolutely insane tarantula lashes  and I noticed the models pores more than usual. Horrid brows on Sheila.

Josie Maran, IT, Laura Gellar, and Kristofer Buckle makeup makes the models looking amazing. Mally is clueless.

She's also loud, obnoxious, out of touch and out of date.

Frozen?  Is that still really a thing?  And if it is, isn't it for little girls, not adult women who wear makeup?

• Like 18

5 hours ago, Alte Frau said:

I don't anderstand QVC were are all the biutifull dresses for new year  the great winter coats .  We get nothing but crappy stoff

Please excuse the typos

That's true.  They should have been selling dresses and jewelry for New Year's this week,  so they would arrive on time,  instead of Homedics silicone wash cloths or whatever those things were, or humidifiers.  I mean really,  a humidifier? 

And I notice they keep offering a lower Easy Pie number the closer we get to Christmas, instead of jacking everything up to six Easy Pies with free shipping. How to convince potential buyers not to even bother ordering.  ?

They make facing holiday crowds at the mall seem like the lesser of two evils. 

Who the heck is in charge over there?  Instead of bedazzling us with the depth and breadth of the Q's inventory,  they keep showing the same items over and over again.  Have they no imagination?  Don't they want to hang onto their customers  who have already bought that crap in years past and are looking for something new?   Do they not realize that they are no longer dealing with our mothers' generation as their older market segment? 

• Like 19

5 hours ago, Gam2 said:

I really like PJD when she’s on my TV. I’m not so sure about this tree. It looks like it was decorated with lights and ornaments in the front but not in the back. Am I wrong about that photo? 

It doesn't do anything for me; the ornament placement is too haphazard and sparse for my taste .  And there are lighting dead zones;  she needs more lights, IMO.

As with all things,  everyone's mileage may vary. ?

ETA:  I also don't have any pets that might cause problems with a heavily-decorated tree, so my game plan is different on that basis. 

Or,  should  I say,  "on that one". 

:-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) 

2 hours ago, Puddy said:

She misses her coffin.

You are so right!  It's all lounge-wear.  They should have had more from Isaac, Louis and GILI that fell into the party category.

That  made  me snicker out loud! 

Edited by DownTheShore
  • Like 12

1 hour ago, DownTheShore said:

I mean really,  a humidifier?

At least a humidifier is useful though...and necessary if you have extremely dry and itchy skin in the winter like me. However, I think QVC needs to learn the "CVS rule": "Don't try to sell on QVC what can be purchased at CVS."

I don't get the anti-wrinkle sheets thing (Northern Nights TSV). Do people actually care if sheets are wrinkled? Do people actually go to the effort of ironing sheets? I feel the same way about wrinkled sheets that I feel about cuticles. Unless you're a hand model or something (or QVC presenter whose hands are shown in HD close-up with food or jewelry), who the hell cares about or is looking at your cuticles? Similarly unless you're running a hotel or having your home featured in a design magazine, who cares about sheets being wrinkled?

Also Rick needs to stop using the word "story" to refer to colors (not just colors either, he's using it to refer to EVERYTHING) unless he wants to end up in an "unemployment story."

Also the OAP said "remember, the bed is the biggest real estate in your room, so you want it to be eye-catching when guests enter your home." Umm...why would guests be hanging out around my bed?

Edited by BuyMoreAndSave
  • Like 17

21 hours ago, hummingbird said:

I just a razor

Razors work fine for peach fuzz on the cheeks and upper lip. That's what I do (I just use tweezers on the worst thick beard hairs). The razor also exfoliates your skin, so it helps prevent fine wrinkles. I'm in my late 60s and I don't have any vertical wrinkles above the upper lip (despite having been a smoker) due to years of shaving. You don't need anything special or expensive, just a cheap disposable Bic.

Elizabeth Taylor and Marilyn Monroe shaved their faces, according to numerous articles.

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/marilyn-monroe-elizabeth-taylor-shave-74466

I considered waxing or sugaring my facial hair, but the problem with those methods is that you have to let the hair grow out for a while so the removal substance will have something to grip. Don't you have to let it grow out some in order to use the Emjoi and other pulling devices too? I don't want any hair grown out on my face.

A few years back I tried an electric hair removal thing sold in department stores. Can't remember the brand name, but it cost about $100. It was supposed to kill the hair follicle permanently if you held it clamped on one hair (such as a beard hair) for a few minutes every day, through delivery of weak electric shocks to the follicle. You had to do it one hair at a time, very tedious. I'm embarrassed to say I fell for this crap. Believe me, it was a useless product -- no results at all. If you ever see one for sale, don't waste your money on it. I returned mine and got a refund.

BTW, for people who are afraid of tweezing -- tweezing hurts less the longer you do it. I remember how it hurt the first few times I tweezed my eyebrows as a teen. After a month or so, I got used to it and could barely feel it.

• Like 13

7 hours ago, lovemesomejoolery said:

HA!  He's slowly morphing back into his nerdy looking self!  Must be time for some more botox and fillers.  But even his hairstyle is reverting back!

He makes me nuts.  Here he is before his whole body transformation and after.

ptr.jpeg

ptr2.jpg

That first pic is sort of after the transformation started. I'll see if I can find him in full nerdiness/doughiness mode...

4 hours ago, DownTheShore said:

That's true.  They should have been selling dresses and jewelry for New Year's this week,  so they would arrive on time,  instead of Homedics silicone wash cloths or whatever those things were, or humidifiers.  I mean really,  a humidifier? 

And I notice they keep offering a lower Easy Pie number the closer we get to Christmas, instead of jacking everything up to six Easy Pies with free shipping. How to convince potential buyers not to even bother ordering.  ?

They make facing holiday crowds at the mall seem like the lesser of two evils. 

Who the heck is in charge over there?  Instead of bedazzling us with the depth and breadth of the Q's inventory,  they keep showing the same items over and over again.  Have they no imagination?  Don't they want to hang onto their customers  who have already bought that crap in years past and are looking for something new?   Do they not realize that they are no longer dealing with our mothers' generation as their older market segment? 

Yes!

I also noticed that this year they didn't really emphasize the "for an extra $5 by Christmas" offer in these last days before the holiday. They sort of had some lame thing at the bottom of the screen but not pushing it like they used to. Maybe a shipper thing but still weird and fits in with their not giving a shit attitude.

• Like 12

On 12/18/2017 at 4:42 PM, Booney said:

Tova’s hair is looking more and more Bride of Frankenstein-ish. I agree that she doesn’t look well. It might be partly due to her makeup - very pale foundation and the pinkish eye shadow almost makes her look sickly. She always dresses elegantly though. I can’t sit through a presentation of hers because I get annoyed at her trying to relive her glory days with all those moldy old Hollywood stories.

0F6C6FFA-DC94-484A-B308-E9DCCC0D4B0A.thumb.jpeg.8bddc9e065e64209e87bcb92ecc3fb5b.jpeg

She’s had some good face work done. Isn’t she almost 80?  If you didn’t look at her neck she could pass for a lot younger. 

• Like 13

14 hours ago, Fishy said:

Re: the valentine candy already seen on the top shelf....  

Precisely the reason why I don't ever buy chocolates at the very beginning of any season be it Valentine, Halloween, Christmas, whatever, until there's some turnover sales.  They have to have leftover candy that's been in their stock rooms from the previous year.  At least this is what I believe to be true anyway.    Ugh.

There used to be a Hershey plant near me. My Mom and I took a tour of the plant and it was in June. They were making all the Christmas candies.  Everything in red and green packaging etc. 

• Like 12

The humidifier is on again with Humblebrag and Piggyface standing in front of that dunce cap mantle display but it looks like they shifted the hosts and the presentation table slightly stage right with the mantle off center in the background and not over their heads. Lol!!

• Like 13

3 hours ago, BuyMoreAndSave said:

why would guests be hanging out around my bed?

An unmade bed at that.  I can only think of one or two reasons.  One, because I'm ill and they've come to visit.  The other, well, let's just say not because I'm ill.  Not sure if wrinkled sheets would matter in either instance.

I have read about folks who wouldn't dream of sleeping on wrinkled sheets.  Thankfully, no one I'm married to.

• Like 17

1 hour ago, AuntCarol said:

She’s had some good face work done. Isn’t she almost 80?  If you didn’t look at her neck she could pass for a lot younger. 

I agree.... she doesn't look bad to me at all ... even her neck.  MBR's got a worse looking neck and she's nowhere near Tova's age.  The one thing that does Tova in is that hair - not sure what she's thinking of with that color and streaks, but she needs a new look.

• Like 10

9 hours ago, Jaded said:

There's an actor from the 80's that he looks like in that screenshot. I can't remember his name though and it's driving me crazy because I can see him in my head. I wonder what made PTR shave?

Maybe he's over his mid-life crisis. Is he still dating Charlie Sheen's drug addict ex, Brooke Mueller? How many times has she failed rehab?

• Like 14

A bizarre thought: What if QVC did hire some of its better OAPs as hosts -- Dyson Suzie, Bucket Dude, the pretty and multi-talented Sarah. Would they have to work with OAPs to present products for which they were once the experts?

• Like 13

3 hours ago, hummingbird said:

I agree, one show on party stuff would be nice,  D and J ? was the closest, but not really what I was thinking. 

Q has never been strong on dressy looks

I think dressy and dressed up looks for holiday are gone 

would love to know what the strong sellers are for this season

If a seasonal Quacker Factory top were my only option for festive party wear, I'd stay home. YMMV

• Like 13

4 hours ago, AuntCarol said:

Tova is still very lovely....and has a beautiful elegance about her, no doubt.  but I wish she'd ditch that hair color...whoever convinced her it was a good idea to wear Joseph's coat of many colors on her head should be shunned from the hair styling business.

• Like 19

Just now, JohnnyStar5 said:

Creepy Linda Davies Sheet Commentary:  I give my adult, married and engaged children these sheets so when they sleep on them, they'll think of me........No.  Unless the kid is 10 in sleepover camp, just No!

Blech

• Like 16

Confession:  I like Scott Hynd.  He's always clean and well-groomed, plus seems like a good husband, father and neighbor.  Unfortunately I keep thinking his face looks like it was reconstructed after some horrible burn injury acquired in a car accident or something.

Edited by Bronxie Babe
  • Like 16

Linda Davies is just wound way too tight for me.  I'm sensing she needs to get over herself just a tiny bit.  I'm surprised St. MBR only buttons that one button of her cardi right under her big bosem.

5a3a9a7cf40c8_qvc82.jpg.c2831c1a32ce6d9153be9212c32974bf.jpg

• Like 15

48 minutes ago, mpeeps said:

The camera guys are filming at a different angle now and moved the set over a little.

5a3a8f475d709_qvc81.thumb.jpg.96cb170fda12d9252e60635c34d0d708.jpg

That's because they genuinely LIKE Dan lol!!!

• Like 17

That Charge Hub thing has been reconfigured it seems.  Now it comes with 2 short cables (1 android, 1 Apple), and only charges 3 items at a time.  Seems to me like it used to be a 5 or 7 item charge port, with that amount of cables included.  Didn't get great reviews IIRC, and maybe they figured out it was trying to do too much?  Also people mentioned that you would need a very large area to enable 7 devices around the hub.

eta - Carolyn just mentioned the 7-slot charger, still available for the same cost as the 3-port (set of 2).

Edited by SuprSuprElevated
  • Like 9

59 minutes ago, mpeeps said:

Linda Davies is just wound way too tight for me.  I'm sensing she needs to get over herself just a tiny bit.  I'm surprised St. MBR only buttons that one button of her cardi right under her big bosem.

I'm with you on LD.  She's always seemed a bit too into herself.

• Like 11

1 hour ago, mpeeps said:

Mary Beth's cardigans have been looking a bit tight lately. She had one on yesterday that fit similarly to this one. Hopefully she's not falling into Carolyn Syndrome.

• Like 15

3 hours ago, Bronxie Babe said:

Confession:  I like Scott Hynd.  He's always clean and well-groomed, plus seems like a good husband, father and neighbor; an all-around good guy.  Unfortunately I keep thinking his face looks like it was reconstructed after some horrible burn injury acquired in a car accident or something.

All I see is the shadow under his nose that looks like an Adolph Hitler mustache.

• Like 17

2 hours ago, Booney said:

Mary Beth's cardigans have been looking a bit tight lately. She had one on yesterday that fit similarly to this one. Hopefully she's not falling into Carolyn Syndrome.

it's probably because she's got on THREE layers of clothing, which I don't get.  I tank top, her long sleeve shirt and a cardigan!  Why??

• Like 14

Earlier today Linda gave us insight into Angel Smedley's master bedroom (I know!!).  Cocoa brown walls, sage green headboard and Linda gave her some shade of blue sheets.  I feel awful for Mr. Angel......(about the color scheme,  of course)......

• Like 21

4 hours ago, Phronsie said:

That's because they genuinely LIKE Dan lol!!!

The cameramen must be some of Dan's good buddies!

I miss the old days when QVC would have list minute Christmas gift shows featuring jewelry.  I don't watch the Q much anymore, but I don't know the last time I channel surfed and saw them dedicate a whole hour to jewelry.  I'm not big into gold or silver so I'd be quite happy watching -- and buying -- costume jewelry.  I used to love their Gossip watches and still wear some I bought years ago.

I love the Issac Mizrahi shirt I bought.  The quality is much better than the lace dress I bought from his line a year or two ago.  The sleeves are 'sheer' but not enough that you have to worry about showing too much of your upper arms.  The jury is still out on the Dennis Basso fit and flare dress.  Although I'm 5'10, I'm curvy so I'm not sure the dress is for me.  I ordered it in three sizes because I wasn't sure which one I'd need.  

• Like 14

5 hours ago, Bronxie Babe said:

Confession:  I like Scott Hynd.  He's always clean and well-groomed, plus seems like a good husband, father and neighbor; an all-around good guy.  Unfortunately I keep thinking his face looks like it was reconstructed after some horrible burn injury acquired in a car accident or something.

I don't know why I'm laughing, but I am - heartily.   ?

• Like 10

8 hours ago, HissyFit said:

A bizarre thought: What if QVC did hire some of its better OAPs as hosts -- Dyson Suzie, Bucket Dude, the pretty and multi-talented Sarah. Would they have to work with OAPs to present products for which they were once the experts?

I’ve always thought the OAP for Oryanny -Bethany would make a good host .  She’s always so well put together , hair , make up and outfits .

• Like 15

2 hours ago, my3sons said:

I'm not big into gold or silver so I'd be quite happy watching -- and buying -- costume jewelry.

I'll always be into it, but don't spend the $$ on it any more since the pricing has skyrocketed.  I like to buy larger/bolder pieces.  I would definitely be a watcher and potential buyer of some higher end costume jewelry if someone would pick up lines like Alexis Bittar, Kendra Scott, etc.  I've picked up a few pieces here and there on sale, and for now, they have satisfied my joolery fix.  There is a lot out there in the $50-$100 range and up, that would probably interest more than a few, and could draw in a younger demo as well.  I'll forward the suggestion to the HSIC. (Head sloth in charge)

Edited by SuprSuprElevated
  • Like 12

6 minutes ago, JohnnyStar5 said:

Friday is an all jewelry day.  Now what's the thinking behind that?  Too early to have gift cards to spend....

The timing is weird, but I'll bet they'll be hawking an add-on express shipping charge for last-minute Christmas delivery.  There are a lot of men who actually buy last-minute for the sport of it.  Now that USPS is delivering late into the evening and on weekends, it's probably still doable.  I do recall back in the day, that QVC would do a lot of jewelry shows in January.  I had the credit card bills to prove it.  

• Like 11

1 hour ago, my3sons said:

The cameramen must be some of Dan's good buddies!

I miss the old days when QVC would have list minute Christmas gift shows featuring jewelry.  I don't watch the Q much anymore, but I don't know the last time I channel surfed and saw them dedicate a whole hour to jewelry.  I'm not big into gold or silver so I'd be quite happy watching -- and buying -- costume jewelry.  I used to love their Gossip watches and still wear some I bought years ago.

I love the Issac Mizrahi shirt I bought.  The quality is much better than the lace dress I bought from his line a year or two ago.  The sleeves are 'sheer' but not enough that you have to worry about showing too much of your upper arms.  The jury is still out on the Dennis Basso fit and flare dress.  Although I'm 5'10, I'm curvy so I'm not sure the dress is for me.  I ordered it in three sizes because I wasn't sure which one I'd need.  

Me too!  :-)  

• Like 10

48 minutes ago, SuprSuprElevated said:

I'll always be into it, but don't spend the $$ on it any more since the pricing has skyrocketed.  I like to buy larger/bolder pieces.  I would definitely be a watcher and potential buyer of some higher end costume jewelry if someone would pick up lines like Alexis Bittar, Kendra Scott, etc.  I've picked up a few pieces here and there on sale, and for now, they have satisfied my joolery fix.  There is a lot out there in the $50-$100 range and up, that would probably interest more than few, and could draw in a younger demo as well.  I'll forward the suggestion to the HSIC. (Head sloth in charge)

Would it be okay if I don't hold my breath waiting for that suggestion to be taken??  ???

• Like 10

1 hour ago, JohnnyStar5 said:

Friday is an all jewelry day.  Now what's the thinking behind that?  Too early to have gift cards to spend....

And too late for it to be delivered before Christmas.  I bought something  from the Q a few days before Christmas years ago that they promised would be delivered by Christmas.  Nope, came a couple of days after.   I do not understand their thinking.  Seems to me having a jewelry show earlier in the month would have been a good opportunity for Christmas gifts.  

• Like 17

Yes, I too wonder at the thought behind not offering jewelry for men to order for their wives in time to arrive for Christmas. I was sick last week so we didn’t get our Christmas cards done until Sunday.  I sent a photo- type mailer to my niece with a Christmas card and 4 money cards included so she could cash the check I sent in the card and distribute it among her four boys for Christmas. In order for it to arrive by Saturday on FedEx, it was $18.00! Yep. $18.00 for one small envelope. Oy vey.

• Like 13

1 hour ago, my3sons said:

And too late for it to be delivered before Christmas.  I bought something  from the Q a few days before Christmas years ago that they promised would be delivered by Christmas.  Nope, came a couple of days after.   I do not understand their thinking.  Seems to me having a jewelry show earlier in the month would have been a good opportunity for Christmas gifts.  

My theories about why QVC is selling jewelry now instead of earlier in the month:

I think that jewelry can be a definite "impulse buy" for people who've procrastinated.  They may spend more than they originally planned just because they need something.  If QVC sold it sooner, people could return it because they've had time to find something else.

I also think that by Friday, hopefully, most people have gotten their gifts for people.  What better time to show jewelry to the person who is done with their shopping!  Now, they can buy a little something for themselves!

ETA:  this is what I think QVC thinks...not necessarily how I feel!

Edited by lovemesomejoolery
  • Like 15

Why is Q just now getting in the Crosley old time radio/stereo products, now that it is too late for Christmas gifting?  Aren't those usually big sellers for the holidays?  Someone dropped the ball.

• Like 17

1 hour ago, Denver Hoosier said:

Why is Q just now getting in the Crosley old time radio/stereo products, now that it is too late for Christmas gifting?  Aren't those usually big sellers for the holidays?  Someone dropped the ball.

They suck up so much time with the TSV there is no time for anything else, stupid.

• Like 9