Forums forums
PRIMETIMER
SilverStormm

QVC

9 hours ago, SuprSuprElevated said:

A $1000 dollar battery-operated bicycle

Say what?  Doesn't that negate the whole purpose of a bicycle?  Might as well take the car if you're gonna let the machine do all the work.  Am I right?  Am i right about that.......on that one??

• Like 12

4 minutes ago, Ladyrain said:

Say what?  Doesn't that negate the whole purpose of a bicycle?  Might as well take the car if you're gonna let the machine do all the work.  Am I right?  Am i right about that.......on that one??

I imagine that there are many who would enjoy the bicycle as a mode of transportation or recreation, whether or not they're burning calories.  I just wonder if the motor can handle the weight of an average person plus the extra 50 lb. chain that would be required to secure it.  Don't know what the downside is environmentally of a lithium battery, but some would argue the benefit of the bike over a petrolium-guzzling auto?  

• Like 9

This obsession with announcing heights and sizes.  For me, there is absolutely no benefit in knowing the height/size of the clothing models.  I would not trust what I see on the teevee to be an accurate representation of what these women actually look like IRL, what with the camera adding visual weight and all.  I'm convinced it's just another time filler.

• Like 10

5 hours ago, BuyMoreAndSave said:

Anyone ever heard of this? (From Wikipedia)

"In 1998, two former hosts filed a class-action lawsuit against QVC, claiming that they were discriminated against by the shopping channel based on their race. The lawsuit went on to state that QVC refused to allow non-white hosts any permanent daytime/primetime spots, which relegated them to the overnight hours, otherwise known as the "graveyard shift." Because of this, the non-white hosts were paid considerably less than the white hosts."

Linked article: http://www.dmnews.com/marketing-strategy/lawsuit-alleges-pattern-of-racism-at-qvc/article/60890/

Yes, I've heard of this.

• Like 7

Some random thoughts on the presentation of an Isaac cashmere sweater...

Jacqui Stafford’s hair looked good this morning. It was washed and curled - major improvement.

Touting the sweater, Jacqui said, “This is the finest cashmere that Isaac offers.” I thought she was going to say, “this is finest cashmere you can buy.” Saying it’s the finest cashmere Isaac offers doesn’t tell me much. It might be like saying, “This is the finest Christmas decoration that the Dollar Tree offers.”

Pat was pushing it as a Christmas gift and said, “Imagine the look on the person’s face when she opens the package and sees this sweater.” A look of shock, I’m guessing, if all she got you was a Poo-pourri gift set.

At the end of the show, Pat passed the baton to Jill who is hosting the Calista show. Jill said, “Pat is my favorite peer here” and went on to explain that Pat is always the one to call you when you’ve had a loss, etc. I can see Pat doing that - she seems like a genuinely nice person - but I loved Jill saying Pat was her “favorite peer.”

• Like 23

13 hours ago, Denver Hoosier said:

I, too, fell for the lure of the Uggs a while back.  As a size 11, my size is either the first sold out (usually true) or the last remaining.  I got a pair on deep deep markdown as the only size remaining.

Anyhow, I hated them.  No support and they made my feet way too hot with socks and made my feet sweat like crazy when I tried to wear them sockless.  I couldn't find a use for them, and hesitated to donate them due to aforementioned foot sweat, so they wound up in the landfill.  An expensive lesson learned on following trends.

And, @CarpeDiem54, I also see Llamo as lame-o.

First time I wore Ughs (sic) I got the most painful blisters because I wore thick socks and you’re not supposed to. Who knew? Then I wore them in the snow, kept slippin’ and slidin’ and theeeeen, I pushed even further snd wore on the ice. What a disaster, no traction at all! I wanted to just get down on my butt and slide to the subway at least I would already be on the ground. 

• Like 11

Muk Luks are on Zulily (they often are). 5% rebate if you shop via ebates. $16.99 for the identical pair of slippers that are $31 on qvc.com. Guaranteed delivery by 11:59 p.m. on 12/23 (dontcha know the Q stuff will arrive on 12/25 after you get home from your sad and disappointed family member's gathering). Also this from Zulily:

Weekend Shipping Details

One order with paid standard shipping must be placed to activate free standard shipping. Once activated, free standard shipping will apply to qualifying subsequent orders placed by 11:59pm pt on Sunday. All orders must be made using the same zulily account, and must be shipped to the same name and address.

• Like 12

20 hours ago, Fishy said:

Speaking of those Lamo Boots, I found it curious that during several presentations of those boots I happened upon during the day (lucky me....NOT!) every host that was presenting them made the reference that if you're looking for arch support type boots, maybe these are not for you.    I wonder if they're gotten complaints or many returns in the past and they're trying to head them off at the pass.

PS&BTW - I feel the same way about Amy Stran.  I might not call her a liar necessarily, but she's an expert at over exaggeration.

Plus I find she makes too many comments that give off the impression (at least to me) that every fashion item is all about her.  Stuff a sock in it Aimes.

This is what we viewers/buyers want, an informed description. I don't want to waste my money, time, and anticipation on an item that after it arrives I find out it's not what I want. The host could say "these don't have any arch support in them" in the first place. After years of foot pain I found Birkenstocks. Total game changer for me. I'm not going back to a shoe without arch support. 

#bringbackBirkenstocks

19 hours ago, lovemesomejoolery said:

I have a pair of Uggs and they have no arch support and, frankly, not all that comfortable for serious walking.  I'm sort of ticked off at myself for buying them a few years ago (at least I got them on sale), but they were all the rage.......you know what they are now?  Very expensive house slippers!!

I know what you mean. I have a very expensive pair of Cole Haan sandals that are oooh so cute but hurt my feet so much I can't wear them. I bought them 25 years ago (long before I knew of Birkenstocks). Too expensive for me to throw away. I keep them to remind me to not do that again. 

Upon further reading, I see there is a Bought 'Em, Can't Wear 'Em Club with new members added daily. 

Edited by TexasTiffany
  • Like 14

16 hours ago, BuyMoreAndSave said:

In Shoe Shopping with Jane today she mentioned shoes being "vegan-friendly" at least twice. It's official, you guys, veganism is mainstream!

Proves you learn something new everyday. I had no idea some people eat their shoes. (wink wink)

8 hours ago, Booney said:

Touting the sweater, Jacqui said, “This is the finest cashmere that Isaac offers.” I thought she was going to say, “this is finest cashmere you can buy.” Saying it’s the finest cashmere Isaac offers doesn’t tell me much. It might be like saying, “This is the finest Christmas decoration that the Dollar Tree offers.”

Oh my... coffee all over my desk on that one

• Like 17

2 hours ago, TexasTiffany said:

Proves you learn something new everyday. I had no idea some people eat their shoes. (wink wink)

Apparently KerStink feeds them to her baby.  I wonder if they're organic, too?

2 hours ago, hummingbird said:

Mealthy mouthed way to say not leather 

just say not leather 

Exactly!

• Like 16

To me, it looks like McTool's hairstyle is the same as Feh's and Aims',  the only difference being she didn't let the rats chew one side off. 

Every time I  have have turned on the Q today,  all I have seen is McTool at the exact same "demonstrative" point of her spiel.  AAARRRGGHHH! 

• Like 14

This is a really awful dress on Dana. The red and black stripe at the waist doesn’t work at all.

She continues to look haggard IMO.

C708BD38-6ED0-4B9B-9C23-D5CAF8672334.thumb.jpeg.8d6f4dcb00c7a87222a5b9c453e38ae3.jpeg

• Like 16

6 minutes ago, Booney said:

This is a really awful dress on Dana. The red and black stripe at the waist doesn’t work at all.

C708BD38-6ED0-4B9B-9C23-D5CAF8672334.thumb.jpeg.8d6f4dcb00c7a87222a5b9c453e38ae3.jpeg

Dana looks like a man. She needs to retire. The Phantom has had so much work done.

• Like 7

19 minutes ago, Booney said:

She has aged so much.  I feel badly for her....if I was in her shoes I would be spending ALL my time with my hubs and children.   Hopefully she doesn’t HAVE to work for financial/insurance reasons.  

• Like 17

5 minutes ago, Phronsie said:

She has aged so much.  I feel badly for her....if I was in her shoes I would be spending ALL my time with my hubs and children.   Hopefully she doesn’t HAVE to work for financial/insurance reasons.  

Cancer is a fucking bitch.

12347592_527462414095222_7982460226806395079_n.jpg

• Like 22

MERGE??

And now a $250 "Covered in Prayer" blanket???????  Please.  No.  Pandering to the fears/religious.   No no no .  This really irks me!!  Can you tell?  

• Like 21

3 hours ago, Booney said:

She's starting to resemble Edna May Oliver:

Edna-May-Oliver-150x150.jpg

• Like 10

5 hours ago, DownTheShore said:

She's starting to resemble Edna May Oliver:

Edna-May-Oliver-150x150.jpg

Oh wow....I don’t know Edna May....but a definite resemblence there.  

Dana is so obviously not well that I just can’t snark on her now.  It saddens me, realizing she has young children.  

• Like 16

On 12/11/2017 at 6:39 AM, Denver Hoosier said:

I figured with your background that you would know.  ;-)  FWIW, that would have been my guess, too.  Hopefully Johnnystars will let us know for certain.

In class I only ever heard it pronounced with an Upstate New York accent, so it was Mo-ho-ro-vi-chick.....  

• Like 7

For 9:15 in the morning, and 28 degrees with snow on the ground in the greater Philadelphia area, Josie’s outfit looks ridiculous!

858DEACD-A386-4294-BFB6-C3E49C6BD9EB.thumb.jpeg.3776c7cc38154814a6cff4e1b555b444.jpeg

• Like 18

2 minutes ago, Booney said:

For 9:15 in the morning, and 28 degrees with snow on the ground in the greater Philadelphia area, Josie’s outfit looks ridiculous!

858DEACD-A386-4294-BFB6-C3E49C6BD9EB.thumb.jpeg.3776c7cc38154814a6cff4e1b555b444.jpeg

That would be 6:15 in the a.m here.  I am fairly certain NO time of the day or night is appropriate for that shiny fish scale getup.

• Like 16

8 hours ago, Puddy said:

I was also shocked at the amount of tanner she had on or was she just back from a vacation?

I had heard her say that she was going to Africa around or after Thanksgiving, but her color looked dark like the in the picture before that...

perhaps to mask a skin tone affected by her illness or treatment? what a nightmare.

1 hour ago, Booney said:

true dat...

...but Leah looks awesome!

Edited by seasons
  • Like 13

20 hours ago, Jules08 said:

First time I wore Ughs (sic) I got the most painful blisters because I wore thick socks and you’re not supposed to. Who knew? Then I wore them in the snow, kept slippin’ and slidin’ and theeeeen, I pushed even further snd wore on the ice. What a disaster, no traction at all! I wanted to just get down on my butt and slide to the subway at least I would already be on the ground. 

Have never had Uggs, but my perception of what they would be like was TOTALLY different from your review. 

Good to know I haven't missed out on some over-awesome experience.  I fractured a wrist and a knee from falls not that long ago - one winter and one summer - and I don't want to invite another one thankyouverymuch.   Glad you didn't get hurt.   ? 

• Like 13

How many cozy drapey loungewear brands does the Q need??  Barefoot Dreams. Any Body, Cuddleduds, PLW, Logo, and i'm sure there are more. They all seem to sell the same schlumpy looking garments that tend to only look good on very thin or tall people or with heels.

Edited by CueVeeCeeGirl
  • Like 23

11 hours ago, Booney said:

Oh my, I so agree about Dana and that dress being not becoming at ALL.  She morphs right into the dress like a Rorschach test.

PLUS that model doesn't look too happy to be there either and if I had to judge the product by the close up they showed of that model, I would NEVER buy it.  Ever.  Not a ringing endorsement by any stretch of the imagination.

• Like 15

19 minutes ago, CueVeeCeeGirl said:

How many cozy drapey loungewear brands does the Q need??  Barefoot Dreams. Any Body, Cuddleduds, PLW, Logo, and i'm sure there are more. They all seem to sell the same schlumpy looking garments that tend to only look good on very thin or tall people or with heels.

I fell for their very first TSV, it was a long cardigan. It looks like a bathrobe, yes it's soft, but it's not all that and definitely not all that.

• Like 16

7 minutes ago, Lady J said:

I fell for their very first TSV, it was a long cardigan. It looks like a bathrobe, yes it's soft, but it's not all that and definitely not all that.

I actually thought that Barefoot Dreams. Any Body & Cuddleduds were all the same product. I hadn't been paying attention to the actual names and thought they were the same. I know the blonde actress from Gimmie a Break is an OAP for one of them but I can't recall which one. LOL!!!

• Like 15

On 12/15/2017 at 3:07 AM, DownTheShore said:

https://patch.com/pennsylvania/malvern/victor-velez-affiliates-coldwell-banker-preferred-0

And...

https://www.backstage.com/news/sagaftra-member-sues-qvc-for-105m/

I don't remember either of them but the Q's behavior doesn't surprise me, especially back then.

I remember Victor. He worked overnights and I always thought he was creepy. I remember him bringing up taking bubble baths with his wife to sell items. 

• Like 10

The clothing choices the Q is heavily pushing definitely seem to be skewed to their new, coveted, highly valued demographic: the spoiled, unemployed, lazy, drifting, unfocused millenial living with parents and just lounging around .  to lounge; an important new verb...  

I can not stand how they emphasize lounging about is a good thing...No!  Go out and get a job!  Laziness is not a good quality to cultivate. ...

Edited by JohnnyStar5 · Reason: Dislike stay at home milennials
  • Like 17

3 hours ago, seasons said:

I had heard her say that she was going to Africa around or after Thanksgiving, but her color looked dark like the in the picture before that...

perhaps to mask a skin tone affected by her illness or treatment? what a nightmare.

true dat...

...but Leah looks awesome!

That change in hairstyles has done wonders for Leah.

• Like 14

5 hours ago, Phronsie said:

Oh wow....I don’t know Edna May....but a definite resemblence there.  

If you've ever seen "Pride and Prejudice" with Greer Garson and Laurence Olivier:

pride-and-prejudice-1940-edna-mae-oliver

She was a well-known and much-loved Hollywood character actress.

• Like 8

1 minute ago, DownTheShore said:

If you've ever seen "Pride and Prejudice" with Greer Garson and Laurence Olivier:

pride-and-prejudice-1940-edna-mae-oliver

She was a well-known and much-loved Hollywood character actress.

I love Greer Garson as Elizabeth Bennett 

• Like 6

14 minutes ago, Denver Hoosier said:

Call me crazy, but in that P & P photo, Edna May looks like an older version of Judy Crowell.  ?

Bwahah!!  Good one!!  ??

• Like 11

22 minutes ago, JohnnyStar5 said:

Thanks for giving Susan Graver inspiration for her Spring 2019 Collection:  The 1820's are totally all the rage!

She may have to fight Denim & Company’s Gary for those designs.

• Like 10

3 minutes ago, JohnnyStar5 said:

Carolyn: "I'm a medium circumference in this new hoop skirt"......

“Medium circumference” as compared to what? The circumference of the Earth, which is probably a Large?

• Like 18

1 hour ago, Booney said:

“Medium circumference” as compared to what? The circumference of the Earth, which is probably a Large?

LMAOOOO

No  I think "Earth is an extra large, aren't you Earth"?

• Like 24

1 hour ago, Booney said:

Carolyn wore a hoop skirt?  Oh someone post a picture, purty pleeezzzzee!!!

• Like 7

1 minute ago, Phronsie said:

Carolyn wore a hoop skirt?  Oh someone post a picture, purty pleeezzzzee!!!

I think @JohnnyStar5 was having some fun with the pic from “Pride and Prejudice” above showing the actresses in hoop skirts. ??

• Like 10

52 minutes ago, CueVeeCeeGirl said:

LMAOOOO

No  I think "Earth is an extra large, aren't you Earth"?

Let's not start comparing the circumferences of the planets in our solar system, 'Kay?  ;-)

• Like 10