Forums forums
PRIMETIMER
SilverStormm

QVC

16 minutes ago, Fishy said:

ITA!!!   I know I won't be watching.  There's nothing new to learn about the Vitamix. 

I think I'd almost rather watch a football game...... maybe........ maybe not ?........ figure skating is more like it on the Olympic Channel.

17 minutes ago, Fishy said:

Lord help us.  It's going to be 25 straight hours (thanks a lot time change) of Jan "I think I'm Madonna with this awesome mouthpiece stuck to my head" and Vitamix. 

yep , gonnab vitamix all day  ,  I eat my food , I don't drink it 

costco today for us  

• Like 16

3 hours ago, burgerbitz said:

So where are we supposed to post things non-QVC? There are 2 other major shopping channels. I could care less about what Lisa Robertson is doing so I don't watch her but I do watch HSN & Evine. This is kinda limiting. 

On my device the other sub-topics are farther down.  At first I didn't even know they were there.  After the first four topics, of which QVC is one, there's an empty space, after which there's a whole other group of topics, followed by another empty space, then yet another group of topics.  Evine and JTV are in those other groups farther down.   Keep scrolling down and you'll probably find what you're looking for.  Also, I'm thinking the empty spaces are for ads that don't show up on my Macbook; I don't know what all this looks like on other devices.  Hope this helps.

• Like 17

12 hours ago, zoemom said:

Josie said we're losing an hour of sleep

Nope...sorry...we gained an hour.

Use it wisely grasshopper.

• Like 23

22 hours ago, brini said:

Available now...a useless phone case/tablet case from Basso. $15 on daylight saving special. Should be .99 at Goodwill. I am not up with the latest but I have not had a phone that would fit in that for seven years. Jen's hair is epic, watch the video. 

http://www.qvc.com/Dennis-Basso-Faux-Fur-Tablet-and-Cell-Phone-Case.product.H201180.html?sc=PRODFEED

• Like 13

6 hours ago, burgerbitz said:

So where are we supposed to post things non-QVC? There are 2 other major shopping channels. I could care less about what Lisa Robertson is doing so I don't watch her but I do watch HSN & Evine. This is kinda limiting. 

Go to the main menu on the bottom of the page, and click on "Shopping Channel Shows". It will give you this window, where you can select what you'd like to read. I start at the top, and when finished, click on "Next Unread Topic" until I'm done. (I read everything).

Topics.jpg

• Like 17

37 minutes ago, BecomingLimited said:

Available now...a useless phone case/tablet case from Basso. $15 on daylight saving special. Should be .99 at Goodwill. I am not up with the latest but I have not had a phone that would fit in that for seven years. Jen's hair is epic, watch the video. 

http://www.qvc.com/Dennis-Basso-Faux-Fur-Tablet-and-Cell-Phone-Case.product.H201180.html?sc=PRODFEED

Faux fur. There's no faux fur on the damned thing. That's a print. 

• Like 13

16 hours ago, momofone said:

She was just complaining about a patch of eczema on her neck right below her left earring.   Betcha it's just irritated from those awful looking earrings she has on.  And please stop with those juvenile sparkly nail colors.  

She sleeps (passes out drunk) with those earrings on and does not wash her neck (or anything else)... it's probably mange or scurvy or mildew or hoof & mouth disease... maybe even the herpes at this point...

15 hours ago, ITALIA said:

The MORON has a TYPICAL model personality -thinks she is "all that". NOTE to Josie - NO, you're NOT. You come across as a TOTAL DITZ, frequently look TRASHY, and your products are WAY overpriced.

Funny how kids who grow up poor (me) always try to look rich and rich kids (like her) always try to look homeless or had for an hourly rate...

14 hours ago, JohnnyStar5 said:

They put her in a freakin DENIM JACKET to talk down to me....that really gets me.

I'm just glad when they cover her up... a body bag for her would be ideal...

• Like 13

16 hours ago, Booney said:

I had to bring this Carol Burnett classic back again - so perfect after your description of Shawn’s dress and earrings -

9170C1C9-8AD2-4805-826D-4F889ED1BE46.jpeg.14b39901805757f70a12b187f04e3066.jpeg

Bob Mackie designed that one, in case anyone didn't know. ?

• Like 17

2 hours ago, Snark Byte said:

Go to the main menu on the bottom of the page, and click on "Shopping Channel Shows". It will give you this window, where you can select what you'd like to read. I start at the top, and when finished, click on "Next Unread Topic" until I'm done. (I read everything).

Topics.jpg

This is a fabulous helping hand in navigating the new site.  I hope everyone will take advantage of it, as the topics lower down the totem pole have gotten little to no traffic; I don't think everyone knows they're even there.  I didn't, at first.   Thank you!  (In my best Chef Tony voice).

• Like 13

16 hours ago, Booney said:

Shawn announced that Josie had wrapped up her day (apparently a sub OAP is going to do a final One Day Only presentation at 10:00). Josie said they should do a little dance to celebrate and dragged Shawn off to where the models were. They all attempted to do a line kick. Newsflash - Rockettes they ain’t.

6A458904-7EEA-4458-923D-F7A7541295B6.thumb.jpeg.4d93247b34819c4eb6cb4b73bbd777ae.jpeg

What the hell is that on Skunk's foot? A wrapped Ace bandage with a heel?

Josie's outfitting the line of models in that dress tells me she got her idea for it from one of Robert Palmer's videos.?

• Like 18

Some of those models of Josie's couldn't raise their legs too high because if they did they'd be flashing the viewing audience.

• Like 22

16 hours ago, CarpeDiem54 said:

Shitstreaks looks positively evil.  All she needs is a witch hat.

I looked closer, just for your sake mind you, and she DOES look evil!

IMG_20171105_122832.jpg.626bf09b61fc330e8601beba3d9b4328.jpg

• Like 19

4 minutes ago, DownTheShore said:

What the hell is that on Skunk's foot? A wrapped Ace bandage with a heel?

Josie's outfitting the line of models in that dress tells me she got her idea for it from one of Robert Palmer's videos.?

Those burr-gun-dee dresses look like something you'd find at grocery outlet on the rack with the other Walmart rejects.

• Like 14

Imagine....a picture where Skunky is the most covered up!  At first when I saw her in the green dress, I actually thought she looked pretty....but sheesh, her personality and attitude so colors my opinion, that I quickly changed my mind!

• Like 18

5 hours ago, Ladyrain said:

On my device the other sub-topics are farther down.  At first I didn't even know they were there.  After the first four topics, of which QVC is one, there's an empty space, after which there's a whole other group of topics, followed by another empty space, then yet another group of topics.  Evine and JTV are in those other groups farther down.   Keep scrolling down and you'll probably find what you're looking for.  Also, I'm thinking the empty spaces are for ads that don't show up on my Macbook; I don't know what all this looks like on other devices.  Hope this helps.

Yup, those blank spaces are ads.

• Like 9

I click on the "Next Unread Topic" link that's at the end of whatever thread I'm reading, and that ultimately cycles me through all of the topics in this new forum. I'm finding that the easiest way to make sure that I don't miss posts/threads.

• Like 15

On 11/3/2017 at 5:13 PM, Stacey1014 said:

I’m not a fan of th TSV. I hate turtlenecks with a passion, but Graver’s clothes just look matronly. She talks about how schoolteachers and other professional women love her clothes, but all I can picture are little old ladies who don’t like denim. 

Although I'm not a fan of Susan Graver's kooky krazy print separates, I must admit I have a number of her solid color as well as print separates (albeit in small print patterns).

Yes, many of SG's clothes are on the conservative side, but I like accessorizing my SG separates with stylish jewelry and scarves, so they don't look matronly at all.   And they are truly figure flattering, as I'm 5'3", size 12-14 and conscious of what I wear. In addition, I work in an office where the dress code is Business Casual, but I still prefer to look more on the "Business" side given that I work in the Administrative area of my company.

JMHO, of course.

What I like about this forum is that we can express different opinions as well as express mutual snark :)

• Like 19

I have a garment or three from a majority of the lines on the Q. I'm not wedded to one particular style or designer. Some designs and fabrics are better suited to certain occasions rather than others. Certain lines I can't wear even if I wanted to, because their garment specs aren't my body specs. C'est la vie.

I'm not worried about how others perceive me; my only concern is with how I perceive myself.??

• Like 20

20 minutes ago, Lady J said:

I'm watching the Vita Mix demo and wondering how the hell many people grind their own flour ?

Probably only Unnecessary Mary (who was annoying AF this morning) to make sure it's "glu-en" free.

• Like 22

13 hours ago, TexasTiffany said:

Ribbon candy is so pretty and festive. My grandparents used to put a bowl out. Hard to eat but it was always special. A long time ago I remember QVC selling a tin of Christmas ribbon candy and penny candy sticks. 

6f06e7158679d3559397be8c6bad281f--colorf

I love ribbon candy (to look at).  My aging teeth can't be trusted with it, it is hard to eat.  So pretty in a glass jar!

• Like 19

2 hours ago, DownTheShore said:

I click on the "Next Unread Topic" link that's at the end of whatever thread I'm reading, and that ultimately cycles me through all of the topics in this new forum. I'm finding that the easiest way to make sure that I don't miss posts/threads.

You can also click on the routing line near the top of the page (Home > Shows > Misc TV Talk > Genre Talk > Shopping Channel Shows > ___).  If you click on "Shopping Channel Shows", it takes you back to the SCS main menu, where you can see by the topics in red, those that have unread posts.  There's a few ways to navigate this new format.  We'll learn them, and be all shiny and happy people.  

Edited by SuprSuprElevated
  • Like 12

Mary D is really, really starting to annoy me.   If you can not freakin eat it, than do not present it, you freak...  no sympathy from me, you moron

• Like 22

4 minutes ago, JohnnyStar5 said:

Mary D is really, really starting to annoy me.   If you can not freakin eat it, than do not present it, you freak...  no sympathy from me, you moron

yes,

sick of hearing about her glutenfree BS,  you said it once, now STFU about it and move on 

• Like 21

1 hour ago, SuprSuprElevated said:

I love ribbon candy (to look at).  My aging teeth can't be trusted with it, it is hard to eat.  So pretty in a glass jar!

I used to make actual ribbon ones for the Christmas Tree back in the day....... memories.

Edited by Fishy
  • Like 14

1 hour ago, SuprSuprElevated said:

My grandma always had a dish of ribbon candy, and mixed nuts around the holidays.

• Like 14

47 minutes ago, SuprSuprElevated said:

Six.  There are six people that grind their own flour, but they don't use a Vita Mix because they're in an off-the-grid commune, with an on-site flour mill, and a butter churning production line.  

commune.jpg

Bwahaha!! --- glad this grinding grain into flour thing was brought up because I wondered the dam same thing when I saw a Vitamix demo.  

ps&btw --- I don't think I'll be purchasing one of these to create my own powdered sugar on the once or twice a year occasion I need some.   

Edited by Fishy
  • Like 17

50 minutes ago, SuprSuprElevated said:

You made ribbon candy?  How fun.

No, I didn't make the actual candy.  I made ornaments for the tree out of ribbon that LOOKED like the ribbon candy..... Sorry, I wasn't clear.   ?

• Like 8

On November 4, 2017 at 10:38 AM, SuprSuprElevated said:

FWIW, I hate that nickname.

I hate that nickname (Abu Dhabi) too.

• Like 11

19 minutes ago, hummingbird said:

Nucourtney is Better or Court 2.0

My vote is Non-Farina Brain Courtney.

• Like 14

Some people really do have serious issues regarding gluten. Having said that they shouldn't have UNMary present food at all if she can't eat any of it. I know she started off on David's food shows but her not being able to actually consume items she's presenting is hindering viewers/customers ability to focus on whatever is being presented. Instead attention gets diverted to her issues and the constant stream of people she has to bring in to be tasting guinea pigs who then comment about whatever they've eaten. There is a cute man bun guy who's a producer on her Saturday show that she brings on who's not bad to look at. Other then him it looks stupid when she has OAPs who present other kitchen/food items tasting competitors stuff because she can't eat any of it.

• Like 20

9 minutes ago, Jaded said:

Some people really do have serious issues regarding gluten. Having said that they shouldn't have UNMary present food at all if she can't eat any of it. I know she started off on David's food shows but her not being able to actually consume items she's presenting is hindering viewers/customers ability to focus on whatever is being presented. Instead attention gets diverted to her issues and the constant stream of people she has to bring in to be tasting guinea pigs who then comment about whatever they've eaten. There is a cute man bun guy who's a producer on her Saturday show that she brings on who's not bad to look at. Other then him it looks stupid when she has OAPs who present other kitchen/food items tasting competitors stuff because she can't eat any of it.

This.

They could also give her only the gadgets to sell and just keep her away from any food items but that's hard to do if the TSV is a dreaded air fryer or some Surfer Dude copper pan.

• Like 15

57 minutes ago, hummingbird said:

Nucourtney is Better or Court 2.0

We all can use whatever name strikes our funny/snark bone. That's the beauty of this place. The nickname AbuDabi amuses me and I choose to use it for her. YMMV?

?????????

Just an FYI for everyone:

Beth-QVC 

QVC Customer Care

Nov 3

Hi Everyone

I wanted to provide an update regarding the future of the InsideQ. The InsideQ will be available to all without restriction. It will not be in a catalog or magazine format but will be available after November 15th by going to QVC.com and using the search box. Any customer can search InsideQ in the search bar and will be taken to this page. Happy shopping!

Beth QVC

• Like 17

Well it’s about time they took The Inside Q off Double Secret Probation.....the way that whole program has been run is totes ridic to the max.  

• Like 20

18 minutes ago, DownTheShore said:

We all can use whatever name strikes our funny/snark bone. That's the beauty of this place. The nickname AbuDabi amuses me and I choose to use it for her. YMMV..

THIS x 1000

Edited by WaitForMe
  • Like 13

1 hour ago, Jaded said:

Pardon me, but she doesn't call the people who come to taste her food OAPs..............they are seagulls.

How stupid is that?

Agree - man bun guy is easy on the eyes!

• Like 15

5 minutes ago, lovemesomejoolery said:

They've said his first name at least a couple times. I can't remember what it is though. ?

• Like 7

45 minutes ago, lovemesomejoolery said:

Pardon me, but she doesn't call the people who come to taste her food OAPs..............they are seagulls.

How stupid is that?

Who is this man bun guy and where/how can I see him??  I am an absolute fool for long hair on men, love the pony tails and even the man bun.  Mr. Rain thinks I am crazy.  No, he does not have long hair (?) but loves telling the joke at the barber shop that his wife would love it if he grew his hair down to he crack of his ass.  In truth, I wouldn't as he doesn't have the je ne sais quoi (sp) for it, but I'd sure like to have a look-see at the man bun guy on the Q!  Youse guys have intrigued me.

• Like 17

This chucklefuck with the vest just cut off a caller with cancer (who was talking about organic lemon smoothies she makes to help her system) to disclaim that Vitamix doesn't cure cancer.  At least Jan had the common sense to correct him and say that wasn't what she claimed.  I hate this toolbag.

• Like 20

21 minutes ago, Ladyrain said:

Who is this man bun guy and where/how can I see him?? 

I've only seen him on ITKWM when it airs on Q2 Saturdays. I took this crappy screenshot awhile back and can't remember if I ever posted it or not. I added his name when I saved it and it appears to be Steve. They seem to have quit uploading UNMary's show to the Q2 FB page and Q2 doesn't have a YouTube channel. I went looking on the FB page for a more recent uploaded show to see if I could grab a better shot. I haven't watched her show in over a month myself. With all that unneeded babbling out of the way....

59ffd349bb59b_Q2ProSteve.jpg.92885d01df414d9261b9d58f4a0a37d5.jpg

• Like 20

1 minute ago, Jaded said:

I've only seen him on ITKWM when it airs on Q2 Saturdays. I took this crappy screenshot awhile back and can't remember if I ever posted it or not. I added his name when I saved it and it appears to be Steve. They seem to have quit uploading UNMary's show to the Q2 FB page and Q2 doesn't have a YouTube channel. I went looking on the FB page for a more recent uploaded show to see if I could grab a better shot. I haven't watched her show in over a month myself. With all that unneeded babbling out of the way....

59ffd349bb59b_Q2ProSteve.jpg.92885d01df414d9261b9d58f4a0a37d5.jpg

A millions thanks ?!   And his name is Steve?  Swooning here. 

So, this is who the Q puts behind  the camera, and Humblebrag and Diva are on-air "stars".   Alrighty then, Q.

• Like 19