Jump to content
Forums forums
PRIMETIMER
SilverStormm

QVC

Recommended Posts


9 hours ago, MyGiddyAunt said:

Their moderating seems to be sort of hit or miss.  There is a reference to a race horse in that same thread (I'll leave it at that) that remains.

It has to be something automatic like if a post gets a lot of reports, it disappears on its own.

  • Like 9

Share this post


Link to post
2 hours ago, Girlydiva53 said:

This is how I imagine the shopping hosts really feel during the holidays.

Bwah-ha-haaah!  OMG!  I can see my aunt saying the same things in the same situation! 

  • Like 9

Share this post


Link to post

“Buy it,keep it in your unexpected birthday gift closet”

What the?? An adult’s birthday is not unexpected, It happens every year of your life,until you die. Death however is unexpected. Perhaps telling people to put it in their “unexpected death gift closet” Doesn’t sound as jolly. 

  • Like 15

Share this post


Link to post

8 minutes ago, hummingbird said:

eyerollgif

wuC6T9E.gifqG4l3tF.gif

 

4 hours ago, BuyMoreAndSave said:

Watching the jewelry show from earlier. OAP referred to a ring which he described as having "masculine" and "feminine" elements: "But I also like the fact that, there's so much going on in the news, and that women can be delicate AND strong, and they've shown their strength."

Did...did you just use the Hollywood assault accusations to sell jewelry?! If ever there was a time to say "OH NO HE DIDN'T!", this surely must be it.

  0k297F6.gif   What is wrong with these people ??????

  • Like 16

Share this post


Link to post
11 hours ago, Hellohappylife said:

Does Stacey that’s on In The Kitchen with David ever do any other hosting on Q by herself? 

It seems  like she’s there to talk for a few seconds while they change sets or something.  It seems like it would be the lowest job you can get  in terms of Hosting jobs at Q.  

I used to see her on late night hours on the regular Q. She was occasionally on daytime too.

  • Like 8

Share this post


Link to post
3 minutes ago, CueVeeCeeGirl said:

I used to see her on late night hours on the regular Q. She was occasionally on daytime too.

As another poster said upthread, Stacey is on Q2 several nights a week during their live programming hours. I check Q2 most nights to see what they're selling, and Stacey and Nancy are the hosts most nights. I see Rachel and Antonella on their quite a bit too, azzz well as Alberti and Katie. Officer Jayne is occasionally on. Sandra was on earlier this week for a couple of nights in a row. I don't think I've seen her on Q2 before. 

  • Like 11

Share this post


Link to post
12 hours ago, Girlydiva53 said:

This is how I imagine the shopping hosts really feel during the holidays.

This is how our friend Rosalie would prob be as a show host! I’d love watching her.

  • Like 12

Share this post


Link to post

Me (allegorical)..reading some of the Q forum topics & answers:

5a3285ad39863_download(2).jpg.5a8f5bf52f6e384aa5894d77af3af681.jpg

Edited by artisto · Reason: change facsimile to allegorical...yup..better
  • Like 14

Share this post


Link to post

4 minutes ago, artisto said:

Me (a facsimile of)..reading some of the Q forum topics & answers:

5a3285ad39863_download(2).jpg.5a8f5bf52f6e384aa5894d77af3af681.jpg

Hey...those eyebrows match Groucho's mustache!!!

  • Like 16

Share this post


Link to post
30 minutes ago, artisto said:

Me (a facsimile of)..reading some of the Q forum topics & answers:

5a3285ad39863_download(2).jpg.5a8f5bf52f6e384aa5894d77af3af681.jpg

I had no idea you were so good looking (your avatar pic really doesn't do you justice)!  ;-)

  • Like 13

Share this post


Link to post
2 minutes ago, walnutqueen said:

I had no idea you were so good looking (your avatar pic really doesn't do you justice)!  ;-)

Snerk..snerk

From time to time this has been my FB profile pix.

A beauty...Am I right??

  • Like 14

Share this post


Link to post
1 minute ago, artisto said:

Snerk..snerk

From time to time this has been my FB profile pix.

A beauty...Am I right??

@artisto   I knew there was a reason that Cary Grant had the hots for you!!!!!

  • Like 13

Share this post


Link to post
2 minutes ago, artisto said:

Snerk..snerk

From time to time this has been my FB profile pix.

A beauty...Am I right??

I'll take the hairy one over the Cary one any day.   :-)

  • Like 8

Share this post


Link to post

What, there’s no OAP for the Lamo TSV? I just tuned in and Unnecessary Mary is selling it all by her lonesome. The hosts must be flummoxed over having to present a product themselves.

Unnecessary Mary is also Unwatchable Mary to me, so...click.

  • Like 16

Share this post


Link to post
15 minutes ago, Booney said:

What, there’s no OAP for the Lamo TSV? I just tuned in and Unnecessary Mary is selling it all by her lonesome. The hosts must be flummoxed over having to present a product themselves.

Unnecessary Mary is also Unwatchable Mary to me, so...click.

She is exactly like David. She has the same personality and some of the same speech. Not very appealing on a woman.

2 hours ago, Booney said:

As another poster said upthread, Stacey is on Q2 several nights a week during their live programming hours. I check Q2 most nights to see what they're selling, and Stacey and Nancy are the hosts most nights. I see Rachel and Antonella on their quite a bit too, azzz well as Alberti and Katie. Officer Jayne is occasionally on. Sandra was on earlier this week for a couple of nights in a row. I don't think I've seen her on Q2 before. 

I wonder what's behind the decision to send people over to Q2. I have never watched Q2 but I often saw Stacey at night on the Q and kind of felt as if they didn't quite know what to do with hence putting her on in the middle of the night. Now she's on Q2 at night. Since there are tried and true hosts on Q2 I assume being sent there isn't a bad thing. But I do believe being relegated to permanent Beauty IQ is a bad sign lol. I never see Cason anymore on the main Q. Same with that young brunette newbie host with the long narrow face..

  • Like 7

Share this post


Link to post
13 hours ago, MyGiddyAunt said:

More Retail Speak, this time from the Harry London OAP:  "Shared-Consumption" Pretzels, " "Large-Format Pretzels."  Ugh. 

what the hell do those mean? lol

  • Like 12

Share this post


Link to post
7 minutes ago, CueVeeCeeGirl said:

LMAOOOOOOO is that really what he meant??

I don't think so. I was just trying to be humorous!

  • Like 10

Share this post


Link to post

It's been so long since I ordered anything from the Q, they probably think I'm dead!  A couple of days ago, someone mentioned Blabby's Posh Present show.  I ended up looking at the items on it plus a few other shows and ordered two things.  A dress by Dennis Basso (A299648) and a top by IM (A296766).  This is the first item I've ever ordered from DB.  I ordered a lace dress by IM last year and I thought it looked and felt cheap.  I hope this top is better quality.  Speaking of IM, I was in Stein Mart today and saw his boot type house slippers and thought they looked and felt well made.  Don't know if they've been on the Q, or if the Q version is different from B&M.  BTW, someone talked about a Joan Rivers plaid skirt that was the first item in, I think, Blabby's show.  That skirt was beautiful!  I didn't care for any of the color choices which is probably a good thing or I might have ordered it too!

  • Like 16

Share this post


Link to post
7 hours ago, Hellohappylife said:

“Buy it,keep it in your unexpected birthday gift closet”

What the?? An adult’s birthday is not unexpected, It happens every year of your life,until you die. Death however is unexpected. Perhaps telling people to put it in their “unexpected death gift closet” Doesn’t sound as jolly. 

Boy,  THAT'S what they should be selling - a packet of spiritual bouquet and/or donation cards!  I could always count on my Mom having some of them around if I needed one. Have a couple of choices of organizations to make the memorial donations to, religious or humanitarian groups for example,  and hey presto, no need to send flowers or feel bad if you missed the obituary/funeral. ;-) 

  • Like 12

Share this post


Link to post

I’m watching our local news and they mentioned that tomorrow is national free shipping day and that 800 retailers were participating. I know they said they had their last free shipping day, but I wonder if they will join in on the festivities. 

  • Like 16

Share this post


Link to post

Amy Stran is becoming unwatchable for me.   She is such a liar. 

First she wants us to believe that she personally picked all the items on her show.  No, Amy, you didn’t.   They are the same recycled crap the other hosts have been peddling all December.  Nothing unique or special.  

Then she wanted us to believe she owns Llamo boots.  Sure you do.  The fashion maven you are would only wear Uggs.  The only thing you did say that was near the truth was that they you many suede boots in multiple colors.  

  • Like 17

Share this post


Link to post

1 hour ago, LGGirl said:

Amy Stran is becoming unwatchable for me.   She is such a liar. 

First she wants us to believe that she personally picked all the items on her show.  No, Amy, you didn’t.   They are the same recycled crap the other hosts have been peddling all December.  Nothing unique or special.  

Then she wanted us to believe she owns Llamo boots.  Sure you do.  The fashion maven you are would only wear Uggs.  The only thing you did say that was near the truth was that they you many suede boots in multiple colors.  

Well Carolyn said they are just like Uggs, the lying continues.

  • Like 16

Share this post


Link to post
1 minute ago, Lady J said:

Well Carolyn said they are just like Uggs, the lying continues.

Unnecessary Mary said the same thing, never saying the word "Uggs," of course, just "that other brand that you'd pay $300 for."

  • Like 13

Share this post


Link to post
19 minutes ago, Booney said:

Unnecessary Mary said the same thing, never saying the word "Uggs," of course, just "that other brand that you'd pay $300 for."

I bought the Skechers TSV furry boot a few months ago. They look like they have better heel support than today’s TSV. 

  • Like 14

Share this post


Link to post

4 hours ago, LGGirl said:

Amy Stran is becoming unwatchable for me.   She is such a liar. 

First she wants us to believe that she personally picked all the items on her show.  No, Amy, you didn’t.   They are the same recycled crap the other hosts have been peddling all December.  Nothing unique or special.  

Then she wanted us to believe she owns Llamo boots.  Sure you do.  The fashion maven you are would only wear Uggs.  The only thing you did say that was near the truth was that they you many suede boots in multiple colors.  

Speaking of those Lamo Boots, I found it curious that during several presentations of those boots I happened upon during the day (lucky me....NOT!) every host that was presenting them made the reference that if you're looking for arch support type boots, maybe these are not for you.    I wonder if they're gotten complaints or many returns in the past and they're trying to head them off at the pass.

PS&BTW - I feel the same way about Amy Stran.  I might not call her a liar necessarily, but she's an expert at over exaggeration.

Plus I find she makes too many comments that give off the impression (at least to me) that every fashion item is all about her.  Stuff a sock in it Aimes.

  • Like 16

Share this post


Link to post

Huh.  Just saw the TSV for he first time and kind of liking the burgundy.  Easy on and easy off.  Probably very flat though.

I like Amy.

  • Like 8

Share this post


Link to post
27 minutes ago, SuprSuprElevated said:

So I've been perusing the New Today (12/14) tab, and here are some gems I found: 

  • Sun Joe House & Deck Pressure Washer Cleaner (In December)

  • Keurig Pumpkin Spice K-Cups (In December)

  • A Joan Rivers Reindeer Pin (11 days left until Christmas)

  • Three different ironing boards, ranging in price from $70 bux to $120 bux. (No, that's not a typo)

  • A $200 dollar version of the Ring doorbell (Even more attractive to a thief)

  • A $1000 dollar battery-operated bicycle

I do not have high hopes for 2018

@SuprSuprElevated   Please add those ironing boards to the Gifts of Spite List!!  

  • Like 15

Share this post


Link to post

This may have been mentioned here before but I can't remember.  Anyway, I'm just sharing that I got an official letter today that the Insider will now become a digital experience - December was the last catalog.

Our new digital experience will give you more current, timely content about the QVC you've always loved!  It's not an online catalog, it's so much more (a real experience!) including the current buzz around the bldg, who's who at the Q (hosts, on-air guests and models) and shop talk - why we bought it and why you need it.

Anyway, all you need to do now is search "InsideQ" on QVC.com and you're there.

  • Like 15

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, Fishy said:

Speaking of those Lamo Boots, I found it curious that during several presentations of those boots I happened upon during the day (lucky me....NOT!) every host that was presenting them made the reference that if you're looking for arch support type boots, maybe these are not for you.    I wonder if they're gotten complaints or many returns in the past and they're trying to head them off at the pass.

PS&BTW - I feel the same way about Amy Stran.  I might not call her a liar necessarily, but she's an expert at over exaggeration.

Plus I find she makes too many comments that give off the impression (at least to me) that every fashion item is all about her.  Stuff a sock in it Aimes.

I have a pair of Uggs and they have no arch support and, frankly, not all that comfortable for serious walking.  I'm sort of ticked off at myself for buying them a few years ago (at least I got them on sale), but they were all the rage.......you know what they are now?  Very expensive house slippers!!

  • Like 15

Share this post


Link to post

1 hour ago, Thumper said:

Huh.  Just saw the TSV for he first time and kind of liking the burgundy.  Easy on and easy off.  Probably very flat though.

I like Amy.

I like the olive ones, but that flat sole and no arch support is telling me my feet will be screaming in pain. Also, they keep saying to go up a half size if you're going to wear "thick" socks with them.  I've found that oftentimes crew socks are too thick for some of the shoes I've bought on the Q.  And since I'm a size 12, I can't size up at all. I bet that fuzzy lining narrows down the room inside it. 

Amy is okay, but she's hard-selling too much. 

  • Like 12

Share this post


Link to post

I, too, fell for the lure of the Uggs a while back.  As a size 11, my size is either the first sold out (usually true) or the last remaining.  I got a pair on deep deep markdown as the only size remaining.

Anyhow, I hated them.  No support and they made my feet way too hot with socks and made my feet sweat like crazy when I tried to wear them sockless.  I couldn't find a use for them, and hesitated to donate them due to aforementioned foot sweat, so they wound up in the landfill.  An expensive lesson learned on following trends.

And, @CarpeDiem54, I also see Llamo as lame-o.

  • Like 17

Share this post


Link to post

I will add my Uggs to the list of things that, along with my Keurig, you can pry out of my cold, dead, fingers.  Love mine.  No, they weren't meant for plowing through snow piles, nor hiking the north woods, but I do wear them out, and for me, they're probably the most comfortable footwear I own.

Edited by SuprSuprElevated
  • Like 14

Share this post


Link to post
2 hours ago, lovemesomejoolery said:

I have a pair of Uggs and they have no arch support and, frankly, not all that comfortable for serious walking.  I'm sort of ticked off at myself for buying them a few years ago (at least I got them on sale), but they were all the rage.......you know what they are now?  Very expensive house slippers!!

I have a pair of knockoffs that are roomy enough to fit a good sport shoe insole - that gives me the necessary arch support & walking comfort I need (on the very few "cold" days I'm not wearing flip flops around here).

  • Like 13

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, walnutqueen said:

I have a pair of knockoffs that are roomy enough to fit a good sport shoe insole - that gives me the necessary arch support & walking comfort I need (on the very few "cold" days I'm not wearing flip flops around here).

That was smart thinking on your part.  You must have had a 'visitation' from Blabby's dead cobbler relatives to inspire you.  lol

  • Like 14

Share this post


Link to post

Anyone ever heard of this? (From Wikipedia)

"In 1998, two former hosts filed a class-action lawsuit against QVC, claiming that they were discriminated against by the shopping channel based on their race. The lawsuit went on to state that QVC refused to allow non-white hosts any permanent daytime/primetime spots, which relegated them to the overnight hours, otherwise known as the "graveyard shift." Because of this, the non-white hosts were paid considerably less than the white hosts."

Linked article: http://www.dmnews.com/marketing-strategy/lawsuit-alleges-pattern-of-racism-at-qvc/article/60890/

Edited by BuyMoreAndSave
  • Like 7

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, BuyMoreAndSave said:

Anyone ever heard of this? (From Wikipedia)

"In 1998, two former hosts filed a class-action lawsuit against QVC, claiming that they were discriminated against by the shopping channel based on their race. The lawsuit went on to state that QVC refused to allow non-white hosts any permanent daytime/primetime spots, which relegated them to the overnight hours, otherwise known as the "graveyard shift." Because of this, the non-white hosts were paid considerably less than the white hosts."

Linked article: http://www.dmnews.com/marketing-strategy/lawsuit-alleges-pattern-of-racism-at-qvc/article/60890/

https://patch.com/pennsylvania/malvern/victor-velez-affiliates-coldwell-banker-preferred-0

And...

https://www.backstage.com/news/sagaftra-member-sues-qvc-for-105m/

I don't remember either of them but the Q's behavior doesn't surprise me, especially back then.

  • Like 8

Share this post


Link to post

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...

Customize font-size