Forums forums
PRIMETIMER
SilverStormm

QVC

I've never been a fan of the Christmas In July sales model, but I've always understood it, from a retailer's standpoint.  

This year, with as quickly as the year seems to be passing, the idea makes me stabby.  I won't be watching, clicking, or any of it.

• Like 10

26 minutes ago, letusprocrastinate said:

CIJ starts next Saturday, the 26th.

runs screaming from the TV 

ugh

24 minutes ago, SuprSuprElevated said:

I've never been a fan of the Christmas In July sales model, but I've always understood it, from a retailer's standpoint.  

This year, with as quickly as the year seems to be passing, the idea makes me stabby.  I won't be watching, clicking, or any of it.

me too

and the cloying sentimentality will be on show, 

• Like 10

1 hour ago, hummingbird said:

runs screaming from the TV 

ugh

me too

and the cloying sentimentality will be on show, 

…and guilt and stress that the holidays are rolling around again and I haven’t bought a christmas tree yet…

It’s like that panic dream where you’re in high school math class and you’re wearing a bright green polished cotton shirtwaist dress and wriggling in your seat. The male teacher thinks you’re not paying attention so he calls you up to the board to solve the equation…but you’ve started heavily bleeding through the dress and the whole, mostly małe, class sees something they can’t unsee and has an early lesson in dealing with women.

Unfortunately, this really happened to me.

The red and green of artificially early CIJ brings back lovely memories.

• Surprise 3
  • Sad 6

4 hours ago, hummingbird said:

IM. compares his TS dress to something at Bergdorf?  oy very

I guess you can do that knowing 98% of the viewers have and never will shop there 

Wrong. That dress reminds me of something you'd see at the old Kmart. Cheap and hardly worth the $37(?) price. I'm waiting for IM to say he put on the (whichever) dress after he took a shower like he did when he had his last tsv. (Said he put on the pink one.) Seems like that was just last week.

• Surprise 3

The TSV isn’t too horrible. I actually thought Kirsten and Jen actually look good it in it. Of course, it helps to be skinny. Jen is wearing the black polka dot with the coral shrug and looks really nice. I might buy that together. I have a wedding and I don’t want to spend a bundle. 

• Like 7

It seems clothing is no longer cheap anywhere. The TSV seems reasonably priced to me. The mid-July ship date is a bit much. But “wear it now, wear it later.”🙄

Edited by LeeDenny
  • Like 5

I ordered my favorite, a dozen Jimmy the Baker crumb cake squares during Gourmet Holiday on the 14th.

Received them the afternoon of the 16th, fresh as can be.  It can be done (with food items it seems.)

• Like 8

What's with bare feet lately? 

The other night on q2 Szish was barefoot for the times I checked in, and now I see model/nurse Amy in the pre recorded shot in bare feet also.

🤔

• Surprise 4

46 minutes ago, seasons said:

The other night on q2 Szish was barefoot for the times I checked in, and now I see model/nurse Amy in the pre recorded shot in bare feet also.

🤔

Catering to a new demographic--foot fetishists   👣  🤷‍♀️ 😂

• Like 1
  • Laugh 7
  • Surprise 2

1 hour ago, seasons said:

🤔

Katrina was wearing different shoes during that show as she demonstrated different looks. Probably caught her during a change. It's actually an interesting show concept.

• Like 14
  • Useful 1

It seems like Isaac isn’t selling out on his TSV. I guess the ladies already bought their summer ware.

• Like 6
  • Useful 1

8 minutes ago, ByaNose said:

It seems like Isaac isn’t selling out on his TSV. I guess the ladies already bought their summer ware.

The anticipated ship date of July 17 certainly isn't helping.

• Like 13
  • Sad 2

Wal-Mart dress. I made a comment earlier that the tsv reminded me of things I'd seen at Kmart. This was after Isaac said his dress compared to Bergdorf. Such a liar.

Screenshot_2021-06-18-20-40-27.png

Edited by Shaking My Head · Reason: Clarifying
  • Like 8
  • Useful 1
  • Laugh 3

2 hours ago, letusprocrastinate said:

That is weird. Did they say that was?

• Useful 1

2 hours ago, Shaking My Head said:

Wal-Mart dress

Screenshot_2021-06-18-20-40-27.png

I doubt that is the same quality fabric as the TSV. Isaac has some pretty nice fabric. 

• Like 4

44 minutes ago, LeeDenny said:

I doubt that is the same quality fabric as the TSV. Isaac has some pretty nice fabric. 

Perhaps. It looked kind of stiff to me. My point was that he said it compared to Bergdorf, and I said it reminded me of Kmart. I meant the prints.

Edited by Shaking My Head · Reason: Clarify
  • Like 3

20 hours ago, hummingbird said:

IM. compares his TS dress to something at Bergdorf?  oy very

I guess you can do that knowing 98% of the viewers have and never will shop there 

I thought it looked like a dress someone made in home-etc in the early 60’s. SO simplistic. That’s what Mizrahi designs?  Yikes. 

• Like 7
  • Sad 1

It's interesting that Walmart calls the garment a "tunic" and Isaac calls it a "dress," when the length looks exactly the same on both. I don't think it's a good "dress" for older women, unless you're one of the lucky people who still has pretty knees. But it would be fine for use as something like a casual swimsuit coverup.

• Like 3
  • Useful 3

7 minutes ago, Coffeecup said:

It's interesting that Walmart calls the garment a "tunic" and Isaac calls it a "dress," when the length looks exactly the same on both. I don't think it's a good "dress" for older women, unless you're one of the lucky people who still has pretty knees. But it would be fine for use as something like a casual swimsuit coverup.

the WM piece is probably a rayon spandex blend and more flowy 

while the IM is probably more structured fabric if that makes any sense

• Like 3
  • Useful 3

12 hours ago, letusprocrastinate said:

I won’t even consider purchasing an “adavnced order” item any longer. I placed two orders on free shipping day last Sunday…both are still sitting in “preparing your order” status. Between order issues, boring programming, obnoxious hosts and little appreication shown to longtime customers…QVC is sure making it tough to do business with them these days.

• Like 11
  • Useful 4

35 minutes ago, CaffeinatedAunt79 said:

I won’t even consider purchasing an “adavnced order” item any longer. I placed two orders on free shipping day last Sunday…both are still sitting in “preparing your order” status. Between order issues, boring programming, obnoxious hosts and little appreication shown to longtime customers…QVC is sure making it tough to do business with them these days.

Summer clothing it’s short time to wear so yeah it’s basically a month, you can go Any  store and buy a dress and take it home with you 

Eta

not sure what they can do considering the dress was probably planned and manufactured in the past year

who would’ve known that would be such a log jam of shipping containers

• Like 4
  • Sad 2

8 hours ago, hummingbird said:

Summer clothing it’s short time to wear so yeah it’s basically a month, you can go Any  store and buy a dress and take it home with you 

Eta

not sure what they can do considering the dress was probably planned and manufactured in the past year

who would’ve known that would be such a log jam of shipping containers

Unfortunately, they can't blame all of their shipping woes on late-arriving shipping containers.  There is something fundamentally wrong with their inventory and shipping practices when even as-is items or items that have been available for many months or even years are being put on backorder or stay "in process" for days. 

• Like 11
  • Useful 1
  • Surprise 1

28 minutes ago, letusprocrastinate said:

Unfortunately, they can't blame all of their shipping woes on late-arriving shipping containers.  There is something fundamentally wrong with their inventory and shipping practices when even as-is items or items that have been available for many months or even years are being put on backorder or stay "in process" for days. 

certainly,  and it isn't get better. 

not a priority I think orders are coming. only when sales drop will it BECOME a priority,  think about it, customers can't cancel orders so no money lost 

• Like 5
  • Useful 1

Side Stitch Popover Tunic with Roll-Tab Sleeves. $97.32 + $3.50 s&h. Are they f’ing nuts? 

• Like 3
  • Laugh 1
  • Surprise 3

1 hour ago, ByaNose said:

Side Stitch Popover Tunic with Roll-Tab Sleeves. $97.32 + $3.50 s&h. Are they f’ing nuts? 

I've been on Side Stich's pricing for a while. There's a shirt on LTS that's on SALE for almost $80. 

• Like 1
  • Surprise 4

11 minutes ago, emmawoodhouse said:

I've been on Side Stich's pricing for a while. There's a shirt on LTS that's on SALE for almost $80. 

With rare exceptions, Q wouldn't know sale or clearance pricing if it bit them in the backside.

• Like 3
  • Useful 2
  • Laugh 4

I've actually found a few really good LTSs. Tops for under $20. And no! Not that Lisa Rinna foil mess that was a LTS forever.

Edited by emmawoodhouse
  • Laugh 3

8 minutes ago, emmawoodhouse said:

I've actually found a few really good LTSs. Tops for under $20. And no! Not that Lisa Rinna foil mess that was a LTS forever.

Sorry, I meant the stuff on air.  Sale!  $5 off.  Clearance!  Originally $55 and now $40. 

Is that foil mess still around?  I'm afraid to look.

• Like 1
  • Laugh 2

Just now, letusprocrastinate said:

Sorry, I meant the stuff on air.  Sale!  $5 off.  Clearance!  Originally $55 and now $40. 

Is that foil mess still around?  I'm afraid to look.

I haven't seen the foil mess for a while. They probably gave up and put them on a pallet. 😂

• Like 2
  • Laugh 1

1 minute ago, emmawoodhouse said:

I haven't seen the foil mess for a while. They probably gave up and put them on a pallet. 😂

Or on a vehicle supplying the International Space Station.

• Laugh 7

1 hour ago, emmawoodhouse said:

I bought that shirt. It was actually cute in person. But pilled after a couple of washes. That was my one and only purchase of her line. I think all her stuff is low grade rayon/spandex.

• Like 2
  • Useful 6

I’ve never seen or knew there are some items you can’t return or exchange. Such as the Lisa Rinna top. Why is that? I’ve been watching QVC since Day 1 and I’ve never knew that was even a thing. I know things might be limited but why can’t you get your money back if you don’t like it?

• Like 1
  • Surprise 2

1 hour ago, LeeDenny said:

I bought that shirt. It was actually cute in person. But pilled after a couple of washes. That was my one and only purchase of her line. I think all her stuff is low grade rayon/spandex.

So is she.

• Like 2
  • Laugh 12

2 hours ago, ByaNose said:

I’ve never seen or knew there are some items you can’t return or exchange. Such as the Lisa Rinna top. Why is that? I’ve been watching QVC since Day 1 and I’ve never knew that was even a thing. I know things might be limited but why can’t you get your money back if you don’t like it?

I think they just have a group of old items they've decided to sell as "All sales final, no returns."  Some other online retailers and regular B&M stores do that with clearance items. I don't buy anything on those terms any more, after getting burned with shoes I didn't like from two online retailers. The sale prices were so good that I took a chance, -- but the shoes, though they were good quality, just didn't work out for me.

• Like 3
  • Useful 2

5 hours ago, ByaNose said:

I think it's because she's done at Q.

• Like 3
  • Useful 3

9 hours ago, ByaNose said:

probably but that is the pricing for that brand

I tried some pants a few years ago the fabric really nice 

• Useful 3

2 hours ago, Shaking My Head said:

I think it's because she's done at Q.

*fingers crossed*  Like every other D-list celebrity these days, she has started a beauty line. Hopefully, QVC will say no to that and just move on from her.

Again, QVC is making is harder and harder to want to do business with them. I saw an item I wanted during one of the shows yesterday. It was at a sale price (and it was an decent sale for once also) but the color choice I wanted was sold out when I went to order. Checked back in a couple times throughout the day and it didn’t reappear.

Today…the item is back to full price and shocker…the color I wanted is back in stock along with several others that were sold out. Sigh. They could have at least left the sale price in place for the weekend.

• Like 1
  • Useful 2
  • Surprise 2
  • Sad 10

8 hours ago, ByaNose said:

As @Coffeecupsaid earlier, Blowout Clearance pricing is Q's version of "final sale", and they're getting rid of old and/or very limited quantity merchandise.  The only way you can return a Blowout Clearance item is if it's defective or they mess up and send you the wrong item. 

• Like 1
  • Useful 3

On 6/18/2021 at 8:23 PM, letusprocrastinate said:

I really really wanted it, but that is the exact reason why I didn’t order it.  When you add in the shipping delays with USPS, which they continue to insist on using which is beyond me, that adds 7-10 days or more so I wouldnt get it until the end of July. That is what talked me out of buying.

For those that were commenting on the price, I gotta say Isaac stuff really is great.  You cannot beat the fabric.  I have several of his tops and cardigans and they wear wonderful and still look new.  And they feel fantastic.  Granted, I will never pay $30+ for a t-shirt, but tsvs and clearance prices I definitely pick it up.  I first tried him last year I got a peplum pima shirt on clearance for $14 and I was like ok, now I get it.  lol.  Highly recommend.

• Like 10
  • Useful 3

17 minutes ago, letusprocrastinate said:

As @Coffeecupsaid earlier, Blowout Clearance pricing is Q's version of "final sale", and they're getting rid of old and/or very limited quantity merchandise.  The only way you can return a Blowout Clearance item is if it's defective or they mess up and send you the wrong item. 

it is odd b/c if you drill down into the palleted merch, it is often things fairly current (for the Q)  why would they take all that old stuff and palette those?

• Useful 4

that Graver skort with the stripes was cute, I was thinking for golf, but NO pockets and the cotton blend a no go for golfing 

look is very cute , different 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Cupcake04 said:

I really really wanted it, but that is the exact reason why I didn’t order it.  When you add in the shipping delays with USPS, which they continue to insist on using which is beyond me, that adds 7-10 days or more so I wouldnt get it until the end of July. That is what talked me out of buying.

For those that were commenting on the price, I gotta say Isaac stuff really is great.  You cannot beat the fabric.  I have several of his tops and cardigans and they wear wonderful and still look new.  And they feel fantastic.  Granted, I will never pay $30+ for a t-shirt, but tsvs and clearance prices I definitely pick it up.  I first tried him last year I got a peplum pima shirt on clearance for $14 and I was like ok, now I get it.  lol.  Highly recommend.

I agree with you on the Isaac items.  I haven't purchased much clothing from QVC, but among the few items I did have were a sweater from Isaac that I got a few years ago.  I love it as it's well made, never pills and looks as new today as it did two years ago when I bought it.  I ended up buying two more that were on sale this year!

Edited by lovemesomejoolery
  • Like 5
  • Useful 3

1 hour ago, hummingbird said:

it is odd b/c if you drill down into the palleted merch, it is often things fairly current (for the Q)  why would they take all that old stuff and palette those?

It is an absolute mystery. Overstocked maybe?  I wonder if there is less going to pallets with all the shipping delays. They need something to sell. 
I canceled my Anybody “graucho” pant jumpsuit. I was concerned about the late shipping. I’m sure it will end up as another special deal once they physically have it. I bet others have thought twice and canceled. 

• Like 3
  • Useful 4

13 hours ago, emmawoodhouse said:

Their prices are totally out of line. I got a tencel maxi skirt with snaps down the front for $70 at Macy's. Q would charge $150.

Edited by Shaking My Head · Reason: Spelling
  • Like 4
  • Surprise 2

Why do the hosts and vendors keep saying "you could wear this as a swimsuit cover-up" for darn near every clothing item? 🙄

Do they think everyone is Kerstin now? 😂

• Like 1
  • Laugh 10

2 hours ago, Cupcake04 said:

Stein Mart just went online and IM is there. The prices are ridiculously high. And no fabric content for this.

Screenshot_2021-06-20-11-16-27.png

• Like 2
  • Surprise 6

4 minutes ago, MisterShrug said:

Why do the hosts and vendors keep saying "you could wear this as a swimsuit cover-up" for darn near every clothing item? 🙄

Do they think everyone is Kerstin now? 😂

After the past year as things are getting back to normal, we will be spending more time with friends and family while the weather heats up, so we all need to be wearing swimwear 24/7 while still being able to run errands on our way to spending time with our loved ones. That's why.

Edited by LeeDenny
  • Laugh 12

Seems they especially love to recommend the swimwear cover up when the price tag is $75 or more. 🤔

Last night one of the hosts talked about inflation. I recently bought a pair of Susan Graver pants that I like, but I keep thinking I can’t believe I paid about $70 for this. 😳

• Like 4
  • Surprise 2
  • Sad 1