Forums forums
PRIMETIMER
SilverStormm

QVC

Wow.  Dan Wheeler is doing three hours, midnight to 3:00 a.m.!

I am sure they have checked and re-checked his hours for the year.  Have to make sure he gets all of his on-air hours before the end of the month.

• Like 13

5 hours ago, DownTheShore said:

I was shifting around summer/winter clothing and found a pair of Fashion Formula pants still in their packaging. :-) 

Did you check that they didn't fall apart when you took them out of the package???   Hee - that was eons ago.

Edited by Fishy
  • Like 9

5 hours ago, Puddy said:

Yup.  At the end of the month.  You can go to his Facebook page and watch a short video of him and Sharon.  That was his official announcement.

It was yesterday right before their food show.

@ByaNoseAlong with that video of Dan and Sharon .... he also has a FB page called Fearless Faith - he posted a video of his thoughts the day after his announcement on that one (see what I did there? Hee).  FYI

• Like 9

6 hours ago, sauce62 said:

This is all so terribly awkward to watch. There is palpable tension emanating from Jill and it's all a disorganized mess. Who the hell is in charge over there?

Gremlins-2.jpg

Edited by SuprSuprElevated
  • Like 9

19 hours ago, Jaded said:

Thank you so much for the article. Very interesting. But as we know, there are also alot of Q “fails”, which this article does not mention; the Quality and Value part are not always present as you would think from reading this. It doesn’t venture into reality, more like a fantasy of that Q merch is infallible and it’s always a good price deal. The reporter seems to like everything she sees or looks at. But I admit, who knew in the fashion industry, they were this relevant and profitable? I don’t think they could make a claim like that and not be challenged.

Kelly Ripa, really?!

Edited by Jules08 · Reason: ETA: Value ain’t always good!
  • Like 9

9 hours ago, Kathcart said:

Way back in the day (early 90s, maybe?) QVC had The Fashion Channel (I still remember the theme song, which was "The Fashion Chann-nelll ..." lol). It was all fashion and beauty, and maybe some jewelry, and I used to watch it all the time. They sure used to try to unload a lot of old old inventory on some of those fashion shows. Now I am thinking about some of those long-gone product lines. Fashion Formulas. Yves Rocher. Il-Makiage.

That is about the time we first got cable and I started watching QVC, I remember Clarence Reynolds very well 

• Like 8

11 hours ago, seasons said:

Agree that blabbys  posh presents is a nice change. It is fun and different. Last year it was more over the top. Still great snark this year. 

At least someone gave a shit in putting this show together.

And not a flashlight or surge protector in sight.

Shittish is going to host the dennis and Jill show later? 

Yes I was so happy to have just fashion, etc. and not the cheapie stocking stuffer shit. Shame that jewelry shows aren’t as plentiful but from speculation, men and women alike rather spend their money these days on tech and electronics, and gold is pricey as ever! I personally don’t like gold “clad” items. If I like something, I’ll just get it in the actual sterling.

• Like 11

11 hours ago, SuprSuprElevated said:

Isaac looks straight-up stupid in that parka.  Would it have killed him to wear a nice, wool overcoat (reefer is it?)   Fish out of water.

He’s like tacky Chaz. Chaz’ hair “dont’s makes you wonder how he is a hair stylist: Isaac’s choice of attire, mskes you wonder how he is such a prestigious clothing designer. Go figure.

• Like 14

4 minutes ago, Jules08 said:

He’s like tacky Chaz. Chaz’ hair “dont’s makes you wonder how he is a hair stylist: Isaac’s choice of attire, mskes you wonder how he is such a prestigious clothing designer. Go figure.

was

• Like 6

4 minutes ago, hummingbird said:

I think that Sara the Halo OAP lives in a very scary world

her 4 kids are constantly out of power on their phones and she might need to reach them!

she might need to call the Doctor!!!

or her kid's school!!!!!

did I leave a 4th even scarier scenario 

I charge my phone at night and have a charger in my car 

have a portable charger that I have JIC but don't rely on it 

That's me too - standard 110, car charger, portable I carry every day, plus an extra portable I keep handy as a back-up to the back-up.  I'm not prepper-worthy, but I've got a toe dipped in the pool, lol.

9 minutes ago, BenchWarmer said:

Season’s Greetings!

Happy Holidays, Hanukkah, Kwanza and Shitzmas!   

It’s been a while.

Twenty-seventeen sucked.

Thought I’d drop in and say, “Hi.”

Hi!

Missed your smiling virtual faces.

Lots of reading and catching up to do.

Hope everyone is well. 

See ya later!

Hope your 2018 looks brighter~

• Like 11

10 minutes ago, artisto said:

Chatter on the Q boards about why Louis Dell'Olio wasn't on his show last night...Q2?

Possible he's Jewish?  Start of Hanukkah.

Edited by SuprSuprElevated
  • Like 5

I just did a copy/paste from his website (there was nothing about  Chanukah)

So....

Happy Rosh Hashanah

Published on September 21, 2017 in From Louis. 3 Comments

as the sun starts to set…….I want to wish all of my friends of the Jewish faith a Happy Rosh Hashanah!

Me thinks that Louis is Italian.

I did the "Columbo" and didn't find anything alarming about him or Jac on the googler.

• Like 8

6 minutes ago, SuprSuprElevated said:

Possible he's Jewish?  Start of Hannukkah.

Not a reason to be away from work Chauakah is a minor Jewish Holiday, a fun one but not a major one

• Like 6

The Q2 Big Deal cowl neck sweater looks 100x better than the Lisa Rinna sweater, and it’s probably better quality and less expensive. 

Re the Halo TSV: I have a basic cheap charger that I bought at Five Below for $5 that works perfectly fine and is prettier than the tacky patterns the Q offers. I did think about that car charger when the hubby was deployed, but never grabbed it. 

• Like 9

6 hours ago, Puddy said:

He said he was exhausted.  I am sure he was.

He had to cough while seated so he turned behind to do so - on Shawn's side. There was no one seated on his other side. It made me snicker, and give Dennis one point.

?????????

I ordered a knee brace just now from Amazon. As a Prime subscriber it would arrive on Friday, but because I need it sooner, I'm having it delivered tomorrow. It's costing me an extra an $3.99 in shipping cost. The Q simply can't top Amazon until they get their chaotic shipping  and shipping prices in order. They need to beg, borrow or steal the people running Amazon's shipping department.

The Curtis Stone stuff that I ordered from HSN over the weekend was delivered yesterday. I have a Q item that's showing as being "in transit" IN MY TOWN since. Dec. 2nd!

• Like 11

Well all I have been banned from the QVC BB

We're sorry, but you have been banned from using this site.

You have been banned for the following reason: 

multiple unkind posts
You have 2878 minutes remaining on the ban

WTF give a warning - guess this is cuz some one didnt like that I told them Shawns kid's name is her business

Well guess I will not shop with them for the 2878 hours 

• Like 14

7 minutes ago, EllentheB said:

multiple unkind posts

WTF give a warning - guess this is cuz some one didnt like that I told them Shawns kid's name is her business

Minutes. It's only two days.

• Like 9

Just now, DownTheShore said:

Minutes. It's only two days.

But its BS the minnons are allowed to post all sort of nonsense, but if some one says the slightest "mean" thing against any one else out you go

• Like 10

12 hours ago, LadyR said:

TBH, I think Jill B. looks like a Sicilian widow when she wears black (which is often).  But then again, whenever I wear black I always add a colorful accessory. This way I feel like I'm not channeling my Sicilian Nannie (no offense to my beloved grandma, or any others for that matter).

Shawn is indeed scary - and lives up to that image every time she's on the air with her crazy-ass outfits, hair and makeup. 

lol, agree about Frau. 

The only women who looked good all in black were the beautiful iconic Italian actresses of the '50's and '60's like Sophia Loren, Claudia Cardinale, etc.

To me everything Shawn wears is just so....what's the word?  Not merely bizarre but somehow......DEAD.

I fell asleep before the Dennis & Jill Show.  Where do I access it?

• Like 11

3 hours ago, hummingbird said:

I think that Sara the Halo OAP lives in a very scary world

her 4 kids are constantly out of power on their phones and she might need to reach them!

she might need to call the Doctor!!!

or her kid's school!!!!!

did I leave out a 4th even scarier scenario 

I charge my phone at night and have a charger in my car 

have a portable charger that I have JIC but don't rely on it 

She also mentioned that two of her teens drive and never wants them to breakdown or one may have even broke down once so they have the Halo car charger in the glove compartment which I'm sure should also charge a phone in case they don't have the Halo phone charger with them, right? 

• Like 14

1 hour ago, Bronxie Babe said:

The only women who looked good all in black were the beautiful iconic Italian actresses of the '50's and '60's like Sophia Loren, Claudia Cardinale, etc.

To me everything Shawn wears is just so....what's the word?  Not merely bizarre but somehow......DEAD.

To match her dead eyes.

• Like 12

2 hours ago, EllentheB said:

multiple unkind posts

Their moderating seems to be sort of hit or miss.  There is a reference to a race horse in that same thread (I'll leave it at that) that remains.

• Like 12

1 minute ago, Thumper said:

Very interesting article!  Thanks, @Jaded.  One statistic -- "The QVC customer is 2.2 times more likely to shop at Saks than the average U.S. woman"  surprised me.

Surprised me too. The merchandise at Saks is certainly very different (meaning, much more upscale) than the Q's merchandise. It doesn't seem to compute.

• Like 17

3 hours ago, EllentheB said:

But its BS the minnons are allowed to post all sort of nonsense, but if some one says the slightest "mean" thing against any one else out you go

Oh, that's a given. "Mean" has such a ridiculously fluid definition over there. It's like an author board I was on once, where you could be banned for saying something "mean" about the freaking fictional characters in her books! There's no rational way to deal with idiocy like that.

?????????

2 hours ago, EllentheB said:

I wonder when the sexual accusations with hit QVC, Dennis Bassi and even sweet Stan Herman touch the models in ways they should not.

Have we seen Renee on since all this has hit the fan?

Edited by DownTheShore · Reason: Rogue E and damn merge
  • Like 12

4 hours ago, EllentheB said:

multiple unkind posts

Holy crap, I didn't know that could happen, some of those postersare so protective of hosts, who don't know them and couldn't care less about them. Do you fee naughty ?

• Like 16

6 hours ago, Jules08 said:

.... kind of reminds me of the shoemaker who has no shoes.  Whatever.

• Like 8

3 hours ago, LadyR said:

Whaaat?  Yet another Halo TSV?

mr-bill.jpg.61dd6460dbe12be7aa895adfbd60ccc3.jpg

Funny.  Exactly what I thought when  saw the TSV first thing this morning.... Ugh

• Like 15

My UPS driver earned his paycheck today. He had five items to deliver to me, and then he went back to his truck and grabbed a handful of packages for my neighbors and walked them to their houses. Two were Q packages (ordered at least a week ago), two were from Kohls and one was from JCP. The Kohls items were just ordered on Sunday and I just got an email yesterday that they were shipped, so I was surprised to receive them so quickly. 

• Like 12

Does Stacey that’s on In The Kitchen with David ever do any other hosting on Q by herself? 

It seems  like she’s there to talk for a few seconds while they change sets or something.  It seems like it would be the lowest job you can get  in terms of Hosting jobs at Q.  

• Like 8

15 minutes ago, Girlydiva53 said:

This is how I imagine the shopping hosts really feel during the holidays.

I forgot about this!!

Thank you for finding it.

• Like 11

11 minutes ago, Hellohappylife said:

Does Stacey that’s on In The Kitchen with David ever do any other hosting on Q by herself? 

It seems  like she’s there to talk for a few seconds while they change sets or something.  It seems like it would be the lowest job you can get  in terms of Hosting jobs at Q.  

She’s usually on Q2 in the evenings. 

• Like 9

Just now, Stacey1014 said:

She’s usually on Q2 in the evenings. 

No wonder I haven't seen her..... I wondered what time slot she had, because I don't come across her during the daytime hours but have seen some folk post screenshots of her.

• Like 9

4 minutes ago, Fishy said:

No wonder I haven't seen her..... I wondered what time slot she had, because I don't come across her during the daytime hours but have seen some folk post screenshots of her.

I know she’s not everyone’s cup of tea, but I don’t mind her (I can’t dislike anyone named Stacey lol). 

• Like 16

38 minutes ago, Stacey1014 said:

I know she’s not everyone’s cup of tea, but I don’t mind her (I can’t dislike anyone named Stacey lol). 

I actually like her better on ITKWD than Unnecessary Mary.

Speaking of ITKWD, it has become so boring IMO, that I have a hard time watching it even for snark value. Shilling the same crap (those St. Clair sides - ugh!), using the same OAPs, hearing the same schtick from David...it’s mind-numbing. And the squeezing and smooshing of the cookies and candies, the pummeling of the meats to show how “juicy” they are, the general manhandling of the food products have added an unwanted “ick” factor to the boredom. Leave it to the Q to take one of their most popular shows and make it almost unwatchable.

Edited by Booney
  • Like 19

1 minute ago, Booney said:

I actually like her better on ITKWD than Unnecessary Mary.

Speaking of ITKWD, it has become so boring IMO, that I have a hard time watching it even for snark value. Shilling the same crap (those St. Clair sides - ugh!), using same OAPs, hearing the same schtick from David...it’s mind-numbing. And the squeezing and smooshing of the cookies and candies, the pummeling of the meats to show how “juicy” they are, the general manhandling of the food products have added an unwanted “ick” factor to the boredom. Leave it to the Q to take one of their most popular shows and make it almost unwatchable.

It has become very repetitive. I haven’t watched much of the Q in a while. I might check it out for a few minutes, but I haven’t watched a full show in weeks. I mostly check the Previously Aired section of the app. 

• Like 14