Jump to content
Forums forums
PRIMETIMER
SilverStormm

QVC

Recommended Posts

I am sad this morning.  One of my last Sport Savvy tee shirts has finally developed a hole too big to repair.  It is only about 20 years old.  I miss this brand so much.  The tee shirts were such good quality that I have been wearing them all these years.  I wish I could replace them.  The fit is great, the material is heavier, there is no spandex, and they have washed so well.  Oh, well.  Good bye, old friend.

  • Like 7
  • Sad 8

Share this post


Link to post

After I posted the above post, I got in the car to go pick up mail.  I laughed when I realized that I was wearing one of my last 3 Sport Savvy shirts (without holes)  and a pair of original, sold-by-Jean-Bice Quacker Factory pedal pushers that I bought when Jean first brought her clothing line to the Q.  You know, when they were made of quality material, and they were designed to fit.  It also makes me sad, because I can see just how the quality of QVC has declined.  Here I am, wearing clothing that I bought almost 30 years ago, and they still are in good condition, and I can still wear them in public.  I can't imagine clothing that is being sold now that will be around and wearable this long!

  • Like 19

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, CalicoKitty said:

After I posted the above post, I got in the car to go pick up mail.  I laughed when I realized that I was wearing one of my last 3 Sport Savvy shirts (without holes)  and a pair of original, sold-by-Jean-Bice Quacker Factory pedal pushers that I bought when Jean first brought her clothing line to the Q.  You know, when they were made of quality material, and they were designed to fit.  It also makes me sad, because I can see just how the quality of QVC has declined.  Here I am, wearing clothing that I bought almost 30 years ago, and they still are in good condition, and I can still wear them in public.  I can't imagine clothing that is being sold now that will be around and wearable this long!

I'm still wearing some clothes that are 20+ years old  too, for the same reason as you do -- they were so much better quality than the clothes available now. T shirts in particular used to be nice and thick, and they were all 100% cotton interlock, no rubbery spandex. I only bought two items from QF, an embroidered T shirt and coordinating pants. I remember how nice the T shirt was. I donated it when I lost a lot of weight, but now I wish I'd kept it for a sleep shirt.

  • Like 8

Share this post


Link to post

I still have a few Sports Savvy shirts and I don't know if they will ever wear out! And a few embroidered (NO BLING) QF t-shirts. You are so right, @CalicoKitty about the quality of then vs. now.

  • Like 8

Share this post


Link to post

Quality of clothing has declined everywhere, though, no matter where you buy it.  I have some 100% cotton t-shirts from Talbots that I bought maybe 15 years ago that are thicker and have held up better than the ones I bought two years ago. 

Same for Lands End cotton t-shirts, which I am a big fan of for everyday shlepping around.  Ones I got maybe 5 or 6 years ago are thick compared to the ones I've bought in the past two or three years.  They still hold up brilliantly, but are super thin.

  • Like 10
  • Useful 2

Share this post


Link to post
5 hours ago, CalicoKitty said:

.  It also makes me sad, because I can see just how the quality of QVC has declined.

I have a rule that I only buy quality, not quantity  and have things that have lasted me {things like sweaters and blazers} for 15 years or so.  Of course I keep them in good condition, tailoring when necessary keeping them scrupulously clean, I'm not fashionable at all, I have my style which has nothing to do with fashion.  But if something turn into crap I dispose of it.    I remember when QVC sold a few good items.  

Also, Joan Rivers is probably turning over in her grave when she sees {in my humble opinion} what David is selling.

Edited by One Tough Cookie
  • Like 11

Share this post


Link to post

A399297 Hanes Soft Comfort Short Sleeve Tee and Cropped Pant

I don’t care for shiny fabrics much and this thing really clings!   JRT just said we could meet a friend for coffee in it!😂. ( The OAP did not respond.  lol)

  • Like 2
  • Laugh 5

Share this post


Link to post

Stardom has its pitfalls.

Blabby announced she’s down in the dumps and can’t sleep.

However…her other best friend…the My Saint huckster…will soon be on to cheer her, support her and (hopefully) pull her out of depression.

Perhaps the closet special on the obscure stepchild channel pushed her over the edge.

 

 

 

  • Like 1
  • Laugh 7
  • Surprise 1

Share this post


Link to post

Other than straight-out-of-the-goat, how pure can goat milk concoctions be? 

Fat content whips up nicely (aka whipped cream) but scents, stabilizers and sparkly stuff sort of clouds the purity picture.

Ditto with Josie’s stuff. Pure oil, ok. Tanning products, lipstick, cosmetics…hmmm.

  • Like 7
  • Useful 2

Share this post


Link to post

So…in the beginning…wasn’t the My Saint marketing angle a bunch of poverty stricken women in babushka countries braided cord and chanted prayers while doing so?

Now…it’s machine stamped medals on machine fabricated neck chains, made in China. The praying part was not mentioned.

The saintly rep mentioned she has horses. Apparently heavenly blessings pay well.

 

  • Like 8
  • Surprise 4
  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post

So now even Jane is dipping her toe in the pool of reporting about personal, negative things?

Can’t wait to see her show us what she’s like having her own Lindquist-like meltdown in her ... closet ... maybe?

checklist for meltdown:

  • roomy sweatshirt
  • no make up
  • wet hair
  • poor lighting
  • depression du jour 
  • a sympathetic audience
  • Like 3
  • Laugh 8
  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post

1 hour ago, BenchWarmer said:

Stardom has its pitfalls.

Blabby announced she’s down in the dumps and can’t sleep.

However…her other best friend…the My Saint huckster…will soon be on to cheer her, support her and (hopefully) pull her out of depression.

Perhaps the closet special on the obscure stepchild channel pushed her over the edge.

 

 

 

Uh oh.

If I turn on SMQ tomorrow and see Kerstin chomping on a Kansas City steak burger, I'll know the bowls of wrath are nigh.

image.png.b7f1eee4592347b3afbc84ad39ae0859.png

  • Like 1
  • Laugh 11
  • Surprise 1

Share this post


Link to post
9 minutes ago, lovemesomejoolery said:

Ugh oh.....Blabby's batteries are winding down.......that can't be good, can it?

The cliche grandma demo seems like an antiquated deal.

Perhaps Blabby sees the writing on the wall. The closet debacle was epic.

Whereas other hosts try to stay current, Janie is mired in the past.

I get mothbally second-hand consignment store vibes from her. 


 

 

 

 

  • Like 1
  • Laugh 7

Share this post


Link to post

Shawn is currently doing Denim & Company. She’s selling the American Short Sleeve Top for $37. Whatever. Anyway, Shawn says she’s wearing the extra small?!?!?! There is no way she can being wear an extra small, right? No way! No how! Discuss.  

  • Like 2
  • Useful 2
  • Laugh 2

Share this post


Link to post
10 minutes ago, ByaNose said:

Shawn is currently doing Denim & Company. She’s selling the American Short Sleeve Top for $37. Whatever. Anyway, Shawn says she’s wearing the extra small?!?!?! There is no way she can being wear an extra small, right? No way! No how! Discuss.  

1) The camera + lighting pile on pounds

2) Q’s sizing is elaphantine…the reason real-world brands say to size up

  • Like 7

Share this post


Link to post
On 6/10/2021 at 9:20 PM, CandyApple said:

Has anyone purchased those Temptations oven gloves?

Here is my journey with them (no sobs included in story):

I ordered a pair a year or so ago, but keep forgetting that I had them, and continued to use the old school ones.

Today, I saw them in a drawer, had something in the oven ready to come out after heating at 425 for an hour, and got them on.

When I picked up the hot item, I could feel an uncomfortable warmth, bordering on hot as hell coming through the gloves.

Is this not the product with which they pick up the boiling hot tea kettle?

I did put them in the washing machine when I got them, but not the dryer.

Maybe I washed all of the magic off of them.

 

Wow. I'm sorry that happened to you. I've thought about ordering those gloves several times myself. I've used the old style oven mitts for years and occasionally find the thin spots when I'm taking something out of the oven. I burned my hand several days ago, no blistering, but it made me drop the pan. I'm looking for new oven mitts. I'm not buying the ones from QVC. 

  • Surprise 2
  • Sad 5

Share this post


Link to post

On 6/11/2021 at 6:42 PM, BenchWarmer said:

Stardom has its pitfalls.

Blabby announced she’s down in the dumps and can’t sleep.

However…her other best friend…the My Saint huckster…will soon be on to cheer her, support her and (hopefully) pull her out of depression.

Perhaps the closet special on the obscure stepchild channel pushed her over the edge.

 

 

 

This made me laugh. When I'm stressed or depressed I don't run for a bracelet to make me feel better. (I also don't put on a PLW t-blurb shirt)

  • Like 9

Share this post


Link to post

adding even though I am not a huge fan of remote reps, seeing the product demo'd in a real house is actually more real than the studio 

  • Like 7
  • Useful 1

Share this post


Link to post
2 hours ago, hummingbird said:

Dyson   of course it's sunday so mattressvacuumcomputer TSVS

Hard to watch. A free shipping day too.

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
10 hours ago, hummingbird said:

adding even though I am not a huge fan of remote reps, seeing the product demo'd in a real house is actually more real than the studio 

Many product reps appear to live “elevated” lives. 

Trendy furniture in pristine, professionally decorated rooms.

State-of-the-art kitchens. 

Elegant landscaping beside freshly asphalted driveways.

Repping shower heads and hose nozzles must pay well.


*Mary Louise Ludwig and L&L Chris are relatable real-deal exceptions.

**IIRC, a couple of Dan H’s “dear dear (rep) friends” are lawyers.

 

 

 

 

 

 

  • Like 7
  • Useful 1
  • Laugh 1

Share this post


Link to post
On 6/11/2021 at 9:28 PM, ByaNose said:

Shawn is currently doing Denim & Company. She’s selling the American Short Sleeve Top for $37. Whatever. Anyway, Shawn says she’s wearing the extra small?!?!?! There is no way she can being wear an extra small, right? No way! No how! Discuss.  

She is wearing it wrapped around her brain?

  • Laugh 9

Share this post


Link to post

On 6/11/2021 at 7:33 PM, BenchWarmer said:

So…in the beginning…wasn’t the My Saint marketing angle a bunch of poverty stricken women in babushka countries braided cord and chanted prayers while doing so?

Now…it’s machine stamped medals on machine fabricated neck chains, made in China. The praying part was not mentioned.

The saintly rep mentioned she has horses. Apparently heavenly blessings pay well.

 

The vendor appeared shady to me from the start.   So what happened to the poverty stricken women in babushkas?  Did the vendor give them a bracelet/necklace each as a parting gift?

  • Like 3
  • Useful 1

Share this post


Link to post
15 minutes ago, PearlClutcher said:

The vendor appeared shady to me from the start.   So what happened to the poverty stricken women in babushkas?  Did the vendor give them a bracelet/necklace each as a parting gift?

I give a side eye to professional hucksters representing the oppressed 

  • Like 6
  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post

I don’t think I have ever seen anything more cheaply made than today's special value; it’s awful

  • Like 2
  • Laugh 1
  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, Etherbunny said:

I don’t think I have ever seen anything more cheaply made than today's special value; it’s awful

Are you talking about the Gaucho jumpsuit by AnyBody?

I went to look at the TSV on the website, hit the TSV tab and there were tons of different TSVs, the Dyson leftover from yesterday, QVC2 Big Deals...I have no idea which one you're referencing (not your fault!).

But here's an idea......if it IS the Gaucho jumpsuit, let's see if tonight, when Fashion Night In is on, if Amy Stran manages to pronounce it correctly.

She once famously called them "Groucho pants"  - repeatedly called them this - and we all howled about it for weeks here!

Edited by lovemesomejoolery
  • Like 1
  • Laugh 10

Share this post


Link to post
8 hours ago, lovemesomejoolery said:

Are you talking about the Gaucho jumpsuit by AnyBody?

I went to look at the TSV on the website, hit the TSV tab and there were tons of different TSVs, the Dyson leftover from yesterday, QVC2 Big Deals...I have no idea which one you're referencing (not your fault!).

But here's an idea......if it IS the Gaucho jumpsuit, let's see if tonight, when Fashion Night In is on, if Amy Stran manages to pronounce it correctly.

She once famously called them "Groucho pants"  - repeatedly called them this - and we all howled about it for weeks here!

 

  • Laugh 8

Share this post


Link to post
11 hours ago, RubberbandGirl said:

 

Verbal confusion aside, Amy looks good here.  This is a look (hair) that she should circle back to.  

Edited by SuprSuprElevated
  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post

13 hours ago, RubberbandGirl said:

 

Groucho pants…….and she’s in TV

  • Like 3
  • Laugh 2
  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
On 6/11/2021 at 6:44 PM, One Tough Cookie said:

Also, Joan Rivers is probably turning over in her grave when she sees {in my humble opinion} what David is selling.

I just saw a Ralph Lauren dress very similar to some of David's denim tops 

  • Like 2
  • Surprise 1

Share this post


Link to post

"A divided Board panel affirmed two refusals to register the standard character mark DENIM & CO. for various clothing items made of materials other than denim, on the grounds of deceptiveness under Section 2(a) and, alternatively, deceptive misdescriptiveness under Section 2(e)(1).  In re QVC, Inc., Serial No. 86670074 (January 21, 2020) [not precedential] (Majority opinion by Judge Cynthia C. Lynch; dissent by Judge Marc A. Bergsman)."

https://www.mondaq.com/unitedstates/trademark/886886/denim-co-is-deceptive-for-non-denim-clothing-says-ttab-panel-majority-

  • Like 1
  • Useful 4
  • Surprise 5

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, RubberbandGirl said:

"A divided Board panel affirmed two refusals to register the standard character mark DENIM & CO. for various clothing items made of materials other than denim, on the grounds of deceptiveness under Section 2(a) and, alternatively, deceptive misdescriptiveness under Section 2(e)(1).  In re QVC, Inc., Serial No. 86670074 (January 21, 2020) [not precedential] (Majority opinion by Judge Cynthia C. Lynch; dissent by Judge Marc A. Bergsman)."

https://www.mondaq.com/unitedstates/trademark/886886/denim-co-is-deceptive-for-non-denim-clothing-says-ttab-panel-majority-

IIRC, back in the day, Frau Bauer was the face of D&Co, an all denim brand 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
5 hours ago, hummingbird said:

I just saw a Ralph Lauren dress very similar to some of David's denim tops 

Well, YMMV, but I think the quality and originality has gone waaay down.

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
3 hours ago, RubberbandGirl said:

"A divided Board panel affirmed two refusals to register the standard character mark DENIM & CO. for various clothing items made of materials other than denim, on the grounds of deceptiveness under Section 2(a) and, alternatively, deceptive misdescriptiveness under Section 2(e)(1).  In re QVC, Inc., Serial No. 86670074 (January 21, 2020) [not precedential] (Majority opinion by Judge Cynthia C. Lynch; dissent by Judge Marc A. Bergsman)."

https://www.mondaq.com/unitedstates/trademark/886886/denim-co-is-deceptive-for-non-denim-clothing-says-ttab-panel-majority-

Interesting. So will this have any practical effect on QVC selling t-shirts and all the other non-denim items under the brand name Denim & Co. ? I honestly can't remember the last time I saw anything actually made of denim being sold under that brand name. 

  • Like 2
  • Useful 1

Share this post


Link to post

3 hours ago, RubberbandGirl said:

"A divided Board panel affirmed two refusals to register the standard character mark DENIM & CO. for various clothing items made of materials other than denim, on the grounds of deceptiveness under Section 2(a) and, alternatively, deceptive misdescriptiveness under Section 2(e)(1).  In re QVC, Inc., Serial No. 86670074 (January 21, 2020) [not precedential] (Majority opinion by Judge Cynthia C. Lynch; dissent by Judge Marc A. Bergsman)."

https://www.mondaq.com/unitedstates/trademark/886886/denim-co-is-deceptive-for-non-denim-clothing-says-ttab-panel-majority-

I’m going with the dissent on this one. 

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
4 hours ago, RubberbandGirl said:

"A divided Board panel affirmed two refusals to register the standard character mark DENIM & CO. for various clothing items made of materials other than denim, on the grounds of deceptiveness under Section 2(a) and, alternatively, deceptive misdescriptiveness under Section 2(e)(1).  In re QVC, Inc., Serial No. 86670074 (January 21, 2020) [not precedential] (Majority opinion by Judge Cynthia C. Lynch; dissent by Judge Marc A. Bergsman)."

https://www.mondaq.com/unitedstates/trademark/886886/denim-co-is-deceptive-for-non-denim-clothing-says-ttab-panel-majority-

Were the plaintiffs represented by Lionel Hutz, Esq.? 🤣🤣

 

  • Laugh 8

Share this post


Link to post
7 hours ago, RubberbandGirl said:

"A divided Board panel affirmed two refusals to register the standard character mark DENIM & CO. for various clothing items made of materials other than denim, on the grounds of deceptiveness under Section 2(a) and, alternatively, deceptive misdescriptiveness under Section 2(e)(1).  In re QVC, Inc., Serial No. 86670074 (January 21, 2020) [not precedential] (Majority opinion by Judge Cynthia C. Lynch; dissent by Judge Marc A. Bergsman)."

https://www.mondaq.com/unitedstates/trademark/886886/denim-co-is-deceptive-for-non-denim-clothing-says-ttab-panel-majority-

This is from January 2020......so it doesn't really look like much has changed.

I, too, agree with the dissenting opinion.  To me, this seems like a frivolous, waste of time complaint.

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
5 hours ago, Benji said:

Interesting. So will this have any practical effect on QVC selling t-shirts and all the other non-denim items under the brand name Denim & Co. ? I honestly can't remember the last time I saw anything actually made of denim being sold under that brand name. 

Last year I bought a nice heavyweight D&C cotton denim shirt from the website. But it was an older item on clearance.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
On 6/15/2021 at 10:43 AM, Etherbunny said:

Groucho pants…….and she’s in TV

Maybe they come with bushy eyebrows and a duck.

  • Like 1
  • Useful 1
  • Laugh 11

Share this post


Link to post

22 hours ago, lovemesomejoolery said:

This is from January 2020......so it doesn't really look like much has changed.

I, too, agree with the dissenting opinion.  To me, this seems like a frivolous, waste of time complaint.

This process started in 2015. 

After the split decision by the Patent and Trademark Office last January, in March QVC appealed it to the US District Court for the Eastern District of Virginia, which happens to be just a few blocks away from USPTO.  But before the civil suit went to trial they and USPTO came to an agreement on acceptable wording and the court agreed to step aside in August.

Here is a link to the case file, 86670074

If you look under the Documents tab and then Proceedings Documents you can see what they originally wanted (look at Appeal to Board) and what they agreed to (under Dismissed).  You can also read the appeal to the District Court, which I have also linked below (note:  It's a PDF).

https://ttabvue.uspto.gov/ttabvue/v?pno=86670074

Edited by letusprocrastinate
  • Useful 2

Share this post


Link to post
23 hours ago, BenchWarmer said:

Maybe they come with bushy eyebrows and a duck.

Give that lady a cigar!

  • Like 1
  • Laugh 5

Share this post


Link to post

Isaac tsv dress is cute but doesn't ship until July 17?!? 

This is the second tsv item I've noticed lately that doesn't ship for several weeks or more.

Just seems weird to me.🤔

  • Like 6
  • Useful 1
  • Surprise 1
  • Sad 2

Share this post


Link to post

IM. compares his TS dress to something at Bergdorf?  oy very

I guess you can do that knowing 98% of the viewers have and never will shop there 

 

 

  • Like 6
  • Laugh 5

Share this post


Link to post
38 minutes ago, hummingbird said:

IM. compares his TS dress to something at Bergdorf?  oy very

I guess you can do that knowing 98% of the viewers have and never will shop there 

 

 

Susan Graver has the same audacity.

  • Like 3
  • Laugh 1
  • Sad 3

Share this post


Link to post

So after bragging about my QVC fan purchase a couple of weeks ago (no good deed goes unpunished, right?), my order of two pairs of the linen/rayon blend TSV pants (6/11 order date) has been split.  One pair has been shipped and is expected today or so, while the pair I really wanted is mysteriously still "in process", and now shows an expected delivery of 6/22 or something.  If that doesn't scream "we didn't have the stock we told you we did, so we're waiting for a return to be able to ship them to you", I don't know what does.  

Assholes.

Edited by SuprSuprElevated
  • Like 1
  • Useful 2
  • Surprise 1
  • Sad 4

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, hummingbird said:

IM. compares his TS dress to something at Bergdorf?  oy very

I guess you can do that knowing 98% of the viewers have and never will shop there 

 

 

Not sure about that brag…

however…

if you add 18” to the hem and rip the sleeves off of the orangy flowered TSV, you have a duplicate of a Ralph Lauren dress which landed in my in box this morning.

 

  • Like 2
  • Useful 1

Share this post


Link to post
3 hours ago, seasons said:

Isaac tsv dress is cute but doesn't ship until July 17?!? 

This is the second tsv item I've noticed lately that doesn't ship for several weeks or more.

Just seems weird to me.🤔

And it isn't the first TSV with a ship date of a month away; there's been at least one other I can think of in the past while.

CIJ starts next Saturday, the 26th.  Can't wait to see the estimated ship dates on some of the new stuff, especially VPH's.  Although I expect it'll be quite a bit like last year, trying to get rid of items sitting in the warehouse.

  • Like 1
  • Useful 1
  • Laugh 4
  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...

Customize font-size