Forums forums
PRIMETIMER
SilverStormm

QVC

$ 78 for a Side Stitch tank top ?!  So ridiculous !  😲

• Like 2
  • Surprise 5
  • Sad 3

Sitting here watching the Bare Minerals complexion rescue stick presentation.  When they showed shades, not one of the several models was a blonde. I find it’s getting harder and harder to get a color match with QVC make-up brands. 😐

• Like 2
  • Useful 2
  • Surprise 2

1 hour ago, Benji said:

$ 78 for a Side Stitch tank top ?!  So ridiculous !  😲

That's actually cheap for them. Most of the tops are closer to $100. 

• Like 2
  • Surprise 1
  • Sad 2

Lazy OAP doggie slept all the way through the presentation of H213852 Paulato By Gaico Stretch Furniture Slipcover.

The OAP said her dog went everywhere with her, so she brought him to the presentation. She didn't give his name. He never stood up, so I couldn't see his whole body,, but he looked like a small or young German shepherd, very pretty. I guess he was a good representative of the use of the cover, since most pets enjoy sleeping on the people sofa.

He did stretch his legs one time, but otherwise he just took it easy. Good for him, sleeping in on Saturday morning.

misc pics QVC pets Paulato furniture cover dog 1 6-05-21.jpg

misc pics QVC pets Paulato furniture cover dog 2 6-05-21.jpg

misc pics QVC pets Paulato furniture cover dog 3 6-05-21.jpg

misc pics QVC pets Paulato furniture cover dog 4 6-05-21.jpg

• Like 12

Given her job, wouldn’t you use those whitening pens?  Since I spotted this, I stare at her teeth and scratch my head 

• Like 3

12 minutes ago, Etherbunny said:

Given her job, wouldn’t you use those whitening pens?  Since I spotted this, I stare at her teeth and scratch my head 

Confirmation for whoever said the way Blabby looks sure doesn’t sell the beauty products. 

• Like 6
  • Laugh 2

I've never shopped at Aldi's, although one opened relatively close to my home last summer.  Now, though, Lidl's is making a push in our state, with a new store opening in the mall, taking over a space that used to be Sears.

I looked at their circular online to see what they had and was surprised to see that on the 12th and 13th only, they'll be selling Rastelli Preferred 10 oz. striploin steaks for $4.39 each.

image.png.601326d7d14b6243f09f51198794ab01.png

• Like 3
  • Useful 9

We have Lidl in this area. I didn’t realize they sell Rastellis meat. The thing that surprised me about the stores is how everything is organized.  On one side of my cart is freezer/refrigerated items and on the other side of the aisle is outdoor stuff. 🤔

My mom has a freezer full of Rastelli steaks from QVC auto delivery, and my dad made her cancel the AD. 😂 It is convenient for them, but the steaks are full of fat—at least the ones she’s gotten from QVC have been. I’ve gotten better cuts of meat from Walmart. 

• Like 4
  • Useful 4
  • Laugh 1
  • Sad 1

34 minutes ago, lovemesomejoolery said:

I've never shopped at Aldi's, although one opened relatively close to my home last summer.  Now, though, Lidl's is making a push in our state, with a new store opening in the mall, taking over a space that used to be Sears.

I looked at their circular online to see what they had and was surprised to see that on the 12th and 13th only, they'll be selling Rastelli Preferred 10 oz. striploin steaks for $4.39 each.

image.png.601326d7d14b6243f09f51198794ab01.png

And the grade is what?

I get suspicious when a grade isn't given.  Makes me think this is select.

• Like 5

Lidl's flagship is in Germany. They just opened one near me too and it's always very busy.

So at the start of ITKWD he already sold over 5,000 books!

Q now selling QVC bday mugs!! Lots of colors.

Edited by mpeeps
  • Like 3
  • Laugh 1
  • Surprise 2

David is schilling his new cookbook that QVC basically self publishes and sells on the air because without it no one buy it. LOL!!! All I have to say is the cover picture of David is super creepy. They must have taken a thousand pictures and they went with that one?!?!? I’m sorry but that will be a hard pass from me. That said, they sold over 500 in the first five seconds David started selling it. I’m sure another book is already in development.

• Like 1
  • Laugh 7

For the record, I like Aldi; supposedly getting a Lidl nearby.  Construction has resumed at the latter after the 4-alarm fire decimated the original retail/housing project (now there's a place I'd be confident moving into).

Edited by letusprocrastinate
  • Like 3

Is the book cover supposed to be David looking in or trying to fit his head inside his fridge? 

Edited by mpeeps
  • Laugh 9

8 minutes ago, mpeeps said:

Is the book cover supposed to be David looking in or trying to fit his head inside his fridge? 

I thought he was looking at a spice jar or something. His head does take most of the picture though. A picture further away along with the food is the standard 101 from most cookbooks I’ve seen. That said, I don’t even own a cookbook. In fact, I need to get one to use when I stage my kitchen for real estate pictures for when I move. I’ll try the dollar store first. LOL!!!!!

• Like 4

Update: Over 17,000 books ordered!

• Surprise 4

20,000 books and counting! And now watch the 5 star reviews start coming in when the book isn't shipping until October.

Edited by Retired at last
  • Like 1
  • Laugh 7
  • Surprise 2

Also, if you order the book you get invited to a special Facebook group. Do the surprises never end?! LOL!!!!

29,000 orders taken. Mary is singing his praises and David is standing behind her clutching his chest like he doesn’t know what Mary is going to say. I’m sure this was rehearsed in the green room. 

• Laugh 6
  • Surprise 2
  • Sad 3

3 hours ago, ByaNose said:

David is schilling his new cookbook that QVC basically self publishes and sells on the air because without it no one buy it. LOL!!! All I have to say is the cover picture of David is super creepy. They must have taken a thousand pictures and they went with that one?!?!? I’m sorry but that will be a hard pass from me. That said, they sold over 500 in the first five seconds David started selling it. I’m sure another book is already in development.

It’s essentially the same premise of his “Supermarket Shortcut” book.  These people must have no issues w throwing their money away 

• Like 6
  • Laugh 2

1 hour ago, Etherbunny said:

It’s essentially the same premise of his “Supermarket Shortcut” book.  These people must have no issues w throwing their money away 

Well, one older lady they spoke with today said she has bought all his books and was asking about his Christmas in July items. David was loving it. Yup! Hook, line & sinker. LOL!!!!!

• Laugh 1
  • Surprise 2
  • Sad 9

4 hours ago, ByaNose said:

Also, if you order the book you get invited to a special Facebook group. Do the surprises never end?! LOL!!!!

29,000 orders taken. Mary is singing his praises and David is standing behind her clutching his chest like he doesn’t know what Mary is going to say. I’m sure this was rehearsed in the green room. 

I seriously wonder if the Q had to widen doorways to accommodate some of the "talent" egos.

• Laugh 13

2 hours ago, Friday said:

I seriously wonder if the Q had to widen doorways to accommodate some of the "talent" egos.

I feel badly for these people who spend tons of money on David’s wine, ITKWD mugs and all of his bad cookbooks 

• Like 9

Forgive me, I don't remember who said this today, but whoever it was that said most of Big Dave's "recipes" are off the containers of the manufacture or could be found on the internet for free is right!

Case in point:  Chris Pryme was eating and raving about his pina colada cake, a recipe from his book, that she said we'd have to wait until October to get.  

SMH.  My great grandmother in Kentucky was making pina colada cake back when I was a kid (she lived to be 104 and passed away when I was roughly 20 years old).  Google it - it's prolific and super easy....open a can can of crushed pineapple, use a yellow cake mix (or the Pineapple Supreme cake mix is really good!), get a container of white frosting (my great grandma used Cool Whip), put some maraschino cherries on it from a jar......voila!  Pina Colada cake!  This is RIGHT UP HIS ALLEY!

He's hardly setting the cooking world on fire here.

32 minutes ago, Etherbunny said:

I feel badly for these people who spend tons of money on David’s wine, ITKWD mugs and all of his bad cookbooks 

I mostly feel sorry for the people who are having to eat this drek the people who are buying his cookbook make!

• Like 6
  • Laugh 7

2 hours ago, Friday said:

Yes, and they also had to raise the ceilings so all the swelled heads would fit.

And install larger windows so all the hot air could get out.

• Like 2
  • Laugh 10

I wasn't paying complete attention, but they were saying that the book was selling at the rate of 1,000 a minute and I think they said that over 70,000 had been ordered. It must be that special email invitation you get 24 hours after you purchase the book. What happens if you get the email and then cancel the book - do they kick you out of the FB group?

• Like 1
  • Useful 1
  • Laugh 2
  • Surprise 4

13 minutes ago, Retired at last said:

I wasn't paying complete attention, but they were saying that the book was selling at the rate of 1,000 a minute and I think they said that over 70,000 had been ordered. It must be that special email invitation you get 24 hours after you purchase the book. What happens if you get the email and then cancel the book - do they kick you out of the FB group?

I’m guessing they’ll send out Facebook private group invitations/links when the orders have shipped. Would be interesting to see if the FB private group members get dropped if they return the cookbook for a refund. 

My mom placed a phone order during his show today and mentioned how the rep seemed rushed to get off the phone. She ordered several items to be shipped to different addresses as gifts, and she said she realized after she hung up that she wasn’t asked if she wanted to include a message like they’ve done in the past. I figured they were swamped with cookbook orders. 

• Like 1
  • Surprise 5
  • Sad 1

18 hours ago, mpeeps said:

Several weeks ago ITKWD (or was it his Wednesday show?) featured ‘behind the scenes’ videos of Divine Dave’s cookbook photo shoots.

The cover is a rigged refrigerator shot. Two doors and shelves (but no refrigerator) were propped up with cameras shooting from ‘inside’ while he was on the ‘outside’ looking in. Perhaps there is a link to the videos.

Considering each book has been a dumbed-down version of the one before…what’s left?

I have an idea for the next…

“The Lazy Man’s No Cooking Guide to Feeding Your Face”

The book would list the best bakeries in every city.

The cover would feature Diva Dave putting candles on a thawed Sara Lee coconut cake. Glossy photos of him scooping fresh snow for snow cones, glopping raw Pillsbury cookie dough on top of ice cream and eating sticks of butter would grace the interior pages of this fascinating addition to your kitchen library.

• Laugh 13

11 minutes ago, BenchWarmer said:

Several weeks ago ITKWD (or was it his Wednesday show?) featured ‘behind the scenes’ videos of Divine Dave’s cookbook photo shoots.

The cover is a rigged refrigerator shot. Two doors and shelves (but no refrigerator) were propped up with cameras shooting from ‘inside’ while he was on the ‘outside’ looking in. Perhaps there is a link to the videos.

Considering each book has been a dumbed-down version of the one before…what’s left?

I have an idea for the next…

“The Lazy Man’s No Cooking Guide to Feeding Your Face”

The book would list the best bakeries in every city.

The cover would feature Diva Dave putting candles on a thawed Sara Lee coconut cake. Glossy photos of him scooping fresh snow for snow cones, glopping raw Pillsbury cookie dough on top of ice cream and eating sticks of butter would grace the interior pages of this fascinating addition to your kitchen library.

Next cookbook:  Recreate Your Leftovers.

Recreate what you cooked last night or acquired via delivery!

(Honestly, I found a breakfast strata recipe that uses leftover pizza and it's great.)

Edited by letusprocrastinate
  • Like 1
  • Useful 1
  • Laugh 2

that is a huge number of cookbooks to sell, now they only have to print that number, smart

not my thing but to each his own,

i got rid off all my cookbooks other than 2 or 3 i rely on 

• Like 7

15 hours ago, Neiman said:

I’m guessing they’ll send out Facebook private group invitations/links when the orders have shipped. Would be interesting to see if the FB private group members get dropped if they return the cookbook for a refund. 

The book doesn't ship until October and the link was supposed to be sent 24 hours after the order. Maybe they want people to be breathless with anticipation for all that waiting time and talk about how they can't wait. Plus, I think maybe there were a few special secret recipes on there JUST for the FB members.

• Like 4
  • Useful 1

6 hours ago, letusprocrastinate said:

Next cookbook:  Recreate Your Leftovers.

Recreate what you cooked last night or acquired via delivery!

(Honestly, I found a breakfast strata recipe that uses leftover pizza and it's great.)

The final cookbook could be, “ Quit Pretending You Can Cook and Call for Takeout.”

• Like 3
  • Useful 1
  • Laugh 9

30 minutes ago, Lady J said:

The final cookbook could be, “ Quit Pretending You Can Cook and Call for Takeout.”

or link to Uber eats

• Like 3
  • Laugh 2

watching Sandra present Whish products:

not sure if she is more dull or the product rep  

• Like 4
  • Laugh 1

2 hours ago, hummingbird said:

watching Sandra present Whish products:

not sure if she is more dull or the product rep  

Sandra lol

• Laugh 3

Not sure why I have no interest in the Whish tsv or any of the products?  Not sure if it just doesn't stand out in an over saturated market of self-care products or the OAP is boring or the packaging is blah or too expensive or it sounds too natural to actually do the job especially on feet . . .

• Like 4

26 minutes ago, mpeeps said:

Not sure why I have no interest in the Whish tsv or any of the products?  Not sure if it just doesn't stand out in an over saturated market of self-care products or the OAP is boring or the packaging is blah or too expensive or it sounds too natural to actually do the job especially on feet . . .

It’s because it’s more expensive forgettable crap to shove in your drawer and never remember to use.

• Like 5
  • Useful 1
  • Laugh 2

37 minutes ago, BenchWarmer said:

It’s because it’s more expensive forgettable crap to shove in your drawer and never remember to use.

another view, it's un-inspired packaging, and a boring rep.  might be too expensive and touting being sold at salons?????? doesn't do anything for me 

I got a Whish product in a subcription box that was not that great or better than anything else.

• Useful 5

On 6/6/2021 at 8:52 PM, Neiman said:

I wasn't paying complete attention, but they were saying that the book was selling at the rate of 1,000 a minute

yeah--and I weigh 89 pounds.  He's not a person who should be selling cookbooks,  he's looking rather portly isn't he?

• Like 3
  • Laugh 2

11 hours ago, One Tough Cookie said:

yeah--and I weigh 89 pounds.  He's not a person who should be selling cookbooks,  he's looking rather portly isn't he?

portly?  you are too kind 

kind of sad he was a nice looking guy years ago, the pounds don't help  much 

Edited by hummingbird
  • Like 4
  • Laugh 3

LOL - there are already 2 reviews (?) - 1 gave him 5 stars in anticipation of its awesomeness and the other only gave 2 stars because it has been more than 24 hours and she hasn't received her special private FB link. One of the questions asked was whether the recipes would be ruined if she swapped veggies for the meat. It's going to be a long time until October!

• Like 1
  • Laugh 15

The spurtle lady just had a commercial on StartTV.  Two sets for $19.99 with the skinny spurtles thrown in for free.  No colors offered, however.  Just plain wood.  I guess Mad Hungry is not a QVC exclusive.

Edited by CalicoKitty
  • Like 5
  • Useful 2

Mrs. Shrug just received another e-mail saying an item she ordered was unavailable for immediate shipment and would be delayed (if they get additional inventory) or cancelled. This item was a QVC2 Big Deal, so it's not like it was something obscure she found in the far corners of their web site. 🤦‍♂️

Looks like the same DynaTrap that I bought as a TSV 3 months ago is going to be the TSV again this weekend. 🤷‍♂️

• Like 1
  • Surprise 3
  • Sad 5

Yes. I keep getting emails that my Gravel shirt is delayed. But of course not cancelable 

• Useful 1
  • Surprise 1
  • Sad 7

I actually ordered from QVC this week, something I haven't done in a good while, maybe early 2020, or even 2019 sometime.  The order was placed on Monday 6/7, I received notice of shipment yesterday, and today, UPS sends me an email that the item will be delivered tomorrow!  Color me surprised.

An Air Innovations fan like one I purchased a couple years ago, and I really like it.  Apparently, it was produced for QVC only, as I was unable to scare one up outside of QVC.

Air-Innovations-12"-3-in-1-Swirl-Cool-Stand-Fan-with-Remote

• Like 6

On 6/9/2021 at 8:44 AM, MisterShrug said:

Looks like the same DynaTrap that I bought as a TSV 3 months ago is going to be the TSV again this weekend.

Wasn't it JUST the TS on HSN? I am pretty sure it was because that is where my return is going! I wasn't sure about it in the first place, but they don't tell you  it has to be plugged in, so I didn't even open it - just sent it back. I assumed it had batteries because they never showed a power cord running through the yard.

Edited by Retired at last
  • Like 3
  • Surprise 6

Has anyone purchased those Temptations oven gloves?

Here is my journey with them (no sobs included in story):

I ordered a pair a year or so ago, but keep forgetting that I had them, and continued to use the old school ones.

Today, I saw them in a drawer, had something in the oven ready to come out after heating at 425 for an hour, and got them on.

When I picked up the hot item, I could feel an uncomfortable warmth, bordering on hot as hell coming through the gloves.

Is this not the product with which they pick up the boiling hot tea kettle?

I did put them in the washing machine when I got them, but not the dryer.

Maybe I washed all of the magic off of them.

• Like 1
  • Surprise 10

27 minutes ago, CandyApple said:

Has anyone purchased those Temptations oven gloves?

Here is my journey with them (no sobs included in story):

I ordered a pair a year or so ago, but keep forgetting that I had them, and continued to use the old school ones.

Today, I saw them in a drawer, had something in the oven ready to come out after heating at 425 for an hour, and got them on.

When I picked up the hot item, I could feel an uncomfortable warmth, bordering on hot as hell coming through the gloves.

Is this not the product with which they pick up the boiling hot tea kettle?

I did put them in the washing machine when I got them, but not the dryer.

Maybe I washed all of the magic off of them.

Well that’s scary and concerning.  Does the heat thing lose its power over time?

Might be worth an inquiry to Q or Temptations at the very least, @CandyApple.

• Like 3
  • Useful 3

They kept showing this glass of wine on the table in Carolyn’s Denim & Co. show, whenever they cut to the models. For heaven’s sake, it was only 9:15 a.m. Eastern time, and 6:15 a.m. Pacific time! Can’t QVC wait until regular “happy hours” to push their wine? Or at least wait until lunchtime?

misc pics QVC wine pushing it at 9-15 am ridiculous 1 6-11-21.jpg

misc pics cartoons wine it's wine o'clock 1.jpg

• Like 1
  • Laugh 5
  • Surprise 5
  • Sad 4

10 hours ago, Coffeecup said:

They kept showing this glass of wine on the table in Carolyn’s Denim & Co. show, whenever they cut to the models. For heaven’s sake, it was only 9:15 a.m. Eastern time, and 6:15 a.m. Pacific time! Can’t QVC wait until regular “happy hours” to push their wine? Or at least wait until lunchtime?

misc pics QVC wine pushing it at 9-15 am ridiculous 1 6-11-21.jpg

misc pics cartoons wine it's wine o'clock 1.jpg

As of this typing it's 12:25 a.m. Saturday in Guam, so party on 24/7.

/s

Edited by letusprocrastinate · Reason: For posterity, I posted the above at 10:25 a.m. eastern on Friday
  • Like 1
  • Laugh 11