Forums forums
PRIMETIMER
SilverStormm

QVC

I placed an order with Talbots two Fridays ago and just got it yesterday, delivered by USPS on a Sunday, which was a little shocking.  It didn't ship out for almost 8 days and then it took USPS another 7 to 8 days to deliver it from Massachusetts.  Talbots hasn't always had the fastest shipping, but they've been better than 16 days. 

Edited by lovemesomejoolery
  • Like 3
  • Laugh 1
  • Sad 1

Could someone Please give me the number for the blanket that weighs down but doesn't add warmth?

Edited by One Tough Cookie

Did LOGO have a two hour show today?  I wasn’t expecting any fashion tonight, so didn’t turn on the TV until reading someone’s comment here in another thread.

12 minutes ago, Thumper said:

Did LOGO have a two hour show today?  I wasn’t expecting any fashion tonight, so didn’t turn on the TV until reading someone’s comment here in another thread.

Logo is two hours every Monday now. It changed maybe a month ago?

• Useful 1

That navy D&B florentine leather satchel is a gorgeous color.

• Like 3

I enjoy Rick, but I’m underwhelmed by the big 35th birthday kickoff. 

So far, the best parts have been the throwback photos and Alberti singing “Happy Birthday.”

• Like 4
  • Laugh 1

I’d rather see the OAPs on Zoom or Skype than have them in the studio, but sometimes I get distracted by the background. I found myself tuning out the air/heat OAP and staring at her photo of the horse on the wall.

E100D346-910D-46D7-BA08-43DB854C0FA6.jpeg

• Like 2
  • Laugh 12
  • Surprise 2

6 hours ago, One Tough Cookie said:

Could someone Please give me the number for the blanket that weighs down but doesn't add warmth?

I didn't see anything like that when I looked at items shown on Monday.

14 hours ago, One Tough Cookie said:

Here is one option from the Q's website...there are more:

H226962

Washable Weighted Blanket by Clean and Calm

• Like 1

1 hour ago, artisto said:

Here is one option from the Q's website...there are more:

H226962

Washable Weighted Blanket by Clean and Calm

Thank you!

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Shaking My Head said:

What would be the price on these if they were Side Stitch?

Screenshot_20210601-235624_Facebook.jpg

70 clams?

Edited by letusprocrastinate
  • Like 1

I received a phone call this morning from QVC.  The message was something about a shipment delay on an order, I think.  "This is QVC.  Your order will be delayed.....This is QVC.  Your order will be delayed.......This is QVC etc over and over.  I still have no idea what package or when it will arrive.  I did not get an email, just this strange call.  Then, the call would not stop.  I couldn't hang up, it just kept repeating.  I had to turn my whole phone off and restart it to get the message to stop.

Also, has anyone noticed how many "picture coming" notices there for product?  They have had the presentation, but the can't get a picture on the site.  This is happening more and more often.  Strange.

QVC is not the same quality company it once was, and it is going downhill rapidly, both in product quality and host quality.

I hope I get whatever it is I ordered.  But, who knows?

• Like 7
  • Surprise 2
  • Sad 5

44 minutes ago, CalicoKitty said:

Also, has anyone noticed how many "picture coming" notices there for product?  They have had the presentation, but the can't get a picture on the site.  This is happening more and more often.  Strange.

Yes, I’ve noticed that.

Regarding the phone call, that’s very odd.

• Like 7

I get the emails that tell me an item is being delayed, but don’t identify the item.

Have also noticed the lack of photos for items.  So aggravating!  Even if there is a video (not always), I don’t want to have to watch a video!  Show me the item and the colors. Don’t sell it if you can’t give the necessary info to your customers.

• Like 8
  • Surprise 1

1 hour ago, CalicoKitty said:

I received a phone call this morning from QVC.  The message was something about a shipment delay on an order, I think.  "This is QVC.  Your order will be delayed.....This is QVC.  Your order will be delayed.......This is QVC etc over and over.  I still have no idea what package or when it will arrive.  I did not get an email, just this strange call.  Then, the call would not stop.  I couldn't hang up, it just kept repeating.  I had to turn my whole phone off and restart it to get the message to stop.

QVC is not the same quality company it once was, and it is going downhill rapidly, both in product quality and host quality.

That is a weird message from QVC!

Yes, I've noticed the pictures have been missing for some time now - almost a year this has been going on. 

Another thing that's been odd is with clothing.  Not that I eve look that much at their clothing, but when I do and I try and click on the link that will give me the item's measurements to see if I should order an XXS or a small (Ha! Ha! - in my dreams, I'm an XXS just like all the hosts!), it won't come up and says "not available at this time, try again later".  It's hit or miss when this happens but it's annoying and they lose a possible sale, because I'm not chancing it!

• Like 2
  • Useful 1
  • Surprise 1

I just called QVC and was connected to an agent very quickly.  No hold time at all! (shock). She was extremely nice, and it is some Denim and Co pants that are delayed, but will be shipped, and should arrive in July.   That seems like a long time to wait for a staple item.  At least, unlike a Lock n Lock item that will not be arriving, the pants will get here eventually.  I still don't understand the strange phone call.  I'm wondering how much longer QVC will keep going.

• Like 5
  • Surprise 1
  • Sad 1

I’m giving a side eye to today’s TSV...premium ‘reserve’ steakhouse quality ribeyes.

These steaks look paper thin. More like a sandwich steak than a traditional 1 inch cut. (Ray R said to cook 2 minutes on each side)

When demonstrated they are sliced in half and stacked to appear bigger than they are. I could easily see these things quickly converted to shoe leather.

• Like 8
  • Laugh 2

23 minutes ago, BenchWarmer said:

I’m giving a side eye to today’s TSV...premium ‘reserve’ steakhouse quality ribeyes.

These steaks look paper thin. More like a sandwich steak than a traditional 1 inch cut. (Ray R said to cook 2 minutes on each side)

When demonstrated they are sliced in half and stacked to appear bigger than they are. I could easily see these things quickly converted to shoe leather.

can't most viewers buy a "premium" steak locally and just the amount they need

• Like 6

47 minutes ago, lovemesomejoolery said:

Yes, I've noticed the pictures have been missing for some time now - almost a year this has been going on. 

Another thing that's been odd is with clothing.  Not that I eve look that much at their clothing, but when I do and I try and click on the link that will give me the item's measurements to see if I should order an XXS or a small (Ha! Ha! - in my dreams, I'm an XXS just like all the hosts!), it won't come up and says "not available at this time, try again later".  It's hit or miss when this happens but it's annoying and they lose a possible sale, because I'm not chancing it!

This may not apply to you, depending on what device you're using to access QVC, but... have you tried using a different browser? I use a Windows 10 desktop, and normally use the Firefox browser, with Chrome as my backup browser. Last week, for the first time I was unable to place orders on the Macy's website using Firefox. Every time I clicked "Add to bag," a red error message would come up saying there was a technical problem on their end. It said try again later, or place the order through their 800 phone number. I switched over to Chrome, didn't get any error messages, and had no problems placing the order. I figure Firefox must have done an update and screwed something up.

There are frequent discussions on the QVC forums about problems people have with the website, and I've noticed that often it depends on their device. For example, some people using iPad can't see garment measurements when they click, but people who reply say they are using the mobile app on their phone and can see the measurements. Check Q Talk, Suggestion Box, and Customer care threads for technical problems discussions. (QVC forums do not have a "Bugs" thread like we do here, so website problems questions are scattered around.) Sometimes people discuss website problems in Community Chat too.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Coffeecup said:

This may not apply to you, depending on what device you're using to access QVC, but... have you tried using a different browser? I use a Windows 10 desktop, and normally use the Firefox browser, with Chrome as my backup browser. Last week, for the first time I was unable to place orders on the Macy's website using Firefox. Every time I clicked "Add to bag," a red error message would come up saying there was a technical problem on their end. It said try again later, or place the order through their 800 phone number. I switched over to Chrome, didn't get any error messages, and had no problems placing the order. I figure Firefox must have done an update and screwed something up.

There are frequent discussions on the QVC forums about problems people have with the website, and I've noticed that often it depends on their device. For example, some people using iPad can't see garment measurements when they click, but people who reply say they are using the mobile app on their phone and can see the measurements. Check Q Talk, Suggestion Box, and Customer care threads for technical problems discussions. (QVC forums do not have a "Bugs" thread like we do here, so website problems questions are scattered around.) Sometimes people discuss website problems in Community Chat too.

I hear you - and I, too, use Firefox with Chrome as a backup!  So, I'm aware that sometimes it's my device that's the issue versus QVC.  However, I consider this a QVC problem - I went through the usual "stuff", thinking it was me, but on other items, the link worked and the dimensions came up.....so I just assumed it was on their end, not mine!

• Like 4

2 hours ago, CalicoKitty said:

Yikes--that sounds like something from an horror movie! 😱

• Like 1
  • Laugh 2
  • Surprise 1

1 hour ago, hummingbird said:

can't most viewers buy a "premium" steak locally and just the amount they need

Agree. In the same vein, I couldn’t believe they were selling 10 flounder filets for $72.68. Flounder? This is something you can buy in any supermarket for far less money. 

• Like 7

The garment measurement works if you use Edge. I normally use Chrome but out of desperation gave Edge a try. It has worked every time to get the link to open.

• Useful 3

4 hours ago, CalicoKitty said:

I just called QVC and was connected to an agent very quickly.  No hold time at all! (shock). She was extremely nice, and it is some Denim and Co pants that are delayed, but will be shipped, and should arrive in July.   That seems like a long time to wait for a staple item.  At least, unlike a Lock n Lock item that will not be arriving, the pants will get here eventually.  I still don't understand the strange phone call.  I'm wondering how much longer QVC will keep going.

There seems to be a shortage of truck drivers, so I guess essentials like food would be transported first. I don't know the reason for the driver problem.

4 hours ago, lovemesomejoolery said:

I bought a car recently and while looking online, many photos were missing. That was very strange. 

• Surprise 2

Cute pet time again on QVC. This is the Serta Perfect Sleeper Mattress Pad H-224775 OAP and her dog Monty.

Monty was asleep when she started the presentation. Courtney commented on how sleepy he was, and the OAP said it was past his bedtime. He was startled when she started moving and talking, so he rolled over. Then he got comfortable and tried to go back to sleep. She kept talking and demonstrating pouring liquids on the pad, interrupting his relaxation, so he opened his eyes a few times.

The OAP said this pad was useful if you drink liquids in bed, or spill something, or your pet who sleeps on your bed has an accident.  I guess we can say the mattress pad is Monty-approved! He knows that the pad will keep him out of trouble with his human, since he won't ruin her mattress.

misc pics QVC pets Serta mattress OAP dog Monty 1 5-31-21.jpg

misc pics QVC pets Serta mattress OAP dog Monty 2 5-31-21.jpg

misc pics QVC pets Serta mattress OAP dog MOnty 3 5-31-21.jpg

misc pics QVC pets Serta mattress OAP dog Monty 4 5-31-21.jpg

• Like 12

I generally like Shark products but the TS today is pretty lame vac and spray mop but the pad takes up what you vacuum up and you throw that away.....

• Useful 1

I like the idea of the Shark vac mop, which I've seen advertised for a few months now, but I don't want to get wrapped up in purchasing more pads just to keep using it.   I'd like it much better if they used microfiber pads you could throw in the wash.

• Like 6
  • Useful 2
  • Laugh 1

56 minutes ago, hummingbird said:

I generally like Shark products but the TS today is pretty lame vac and spray mop but the pad takes up what you vacuum up and you throw that away.....

Nice for quick swipes...however...

1) limited capacity of pad

2) ick factor if cleaning up ‘mess’ then not disposing pad after use

• Like 5

24 minutes ago, lovemesomejoolery said:

I like the idea of the Shark vac mop, which I've seen advertised for a few months now, but I don't want to get wrapped up in purchasing more pads just to keep using it.   I'd like it much better if they used microfiber pads you could throw in the wash.

Round two on the decline of Western Civilization...according to me...

This product runs on the computer printer principle:

1) sell basic unit cheap

2) make refills proprietary + quick depletion + expensive 

3) sell refills in limited locations 

4) build unit to be obsolete + gunked up + unusable by next selling cycle 

• Like 12
  • Useful 2

I will just say that I have the Shark VacMop from the last time they had it as the TSV and I love it. I got extra pads in advance from Amazon and it is great for pet hair and messes. It only works on hard floors, so I have a different Shark for the carpet. I really have been happy with products from this line.

• Like 3
  • Useful 5

1 hour ago, Retired at last said:

I will just say that I have the Shark VacMop from the last time they had it as the TSV and I love it. I got extra pads in advance from Amazon and it is great for pet hair and messes. It only works on hard floors, so I have a different Shark for the carpet. I really have been happy with products from this line.

I’m glad to hear this. I bought it. I recently moved into a house with all hardwood floors and have been struggling with how to keep them clean. Then to add another challenge, I adopted a puppy 🐩. So my house has now become a home. And I really look forward to receiving this item.  

Toby asked me to tell all y’all that he is a black toy poodle. And is a very neat little guy.....most of the time 😊

• Like 18

Is Pat wearing headbands in honor of the Q’s 35th Anniversary? If not, she’s definitely giving me 90’s vibes. All we need is for her to start wearing the flower dresses with a white background. Please someone tell me they remember that look?! It was literally a flower explosion and in hindsight the dress were not flattering on anyone. I think even Katia would have looked bad in them. LOL!!!!!

• Laugh 3

2 hours ago, AnnaCody said:

I’m glad to hear this. I bought it. I recently moved into a house with all hardwood floors and have been struggling with how to keep them clean. Then to add another challenge, I adopted a puppy 🐩. So my house has now become a home. And I really look forward to receiving this item.  

Toby asked me to tell all y’all that he is a black toy poodle. And is a very neat little guy.....most of the time 😊

Awwww...congrats on the new house and the adoption of Toby! 

• Like 8

3 hours ago, Retired at last said:

Does it work on hardwood floors?  Special type of cleaner needed?  (I have not watched a presentation.)

Last week I ordered two rings from Jai  and one arrived today, the hammered one.  I'm not quite sure I  am going to keep it--I'm waiting to see what the Citrine looks like as well.

The hammering is really intense, so I'll will have to look at in the sunlight.

Edited by One Tough Cookie
  • Like 1
  • Useful 4

1 hour ago, Thumper said:

Does it work on hardwood floors?  Special type of cleaner needed?  (I have not watched a presentation.)

Yes it does need a special cleaner and you can only use theirs which is hard to find and cost way too much; the same goes for the replacement pads.  This quote below from Benchwarmer is exactly how I feel.  

I bought this in 2020 when it was a Today's Special at HSN.  It's cheap looking and made of cheap plastic.  The vacuuming portion can only be used on hardwood/tile floors and really isn't as good as my regular vacuums.

The solution holder doesn't hold much solution and it's gone very quickly.  I couldn't buy refills at HSN, Amazon, Target or anywhere that I looked and as stated below the solution wasn't cheap to buy.  Ditto for the pads which at least I could buy from HSN if I had to. 

In the end I tossed it in the garbage.  One person here loves it, but I didn't.  I think you should read some of the reviews at Amazon and at HSN and you'll see how many said what I've said. 

11 hours ago, BenchWarmer said:
12 hours ago, lovemesomejoolery said:

Round two on the decline of Western Civilization...according to me...

This product runs on the computer printer principle:

1) sell basic unit cheap

2) make refills proprietary + quick depletion + expensive 

3) sell refills in limited locations 

4) build unit to be obsolete + gunked up + unusable by next selling cycle 

Edited by dbklmt
  • Like 2
  • Useful 2

2 hours ago, lovemesomejoolery said:

Awwww...congrats on the new house and the adoption of Toby! 

I’ve had several black miniature poodles and they are the best, so smart and loving.

• Like 4

JJ Wu’s TSV doesn’t seem to be selling very well. Petites in tiny sizes, yes. Everything else, no. I wonder if the low scooped neck is turning people off.

• Like 1
  • Useful 3

On 6/3/2021 at 4:47 PM, dbklmt said:

The solution holder doesn't hold much solution and it's gone very quickly.  I couldn't buy refills at HSN, Amazon, Target or anywhere that I looked and as stated below the solution wasn't cheap to buy.  Ditto for the pads which at least I could buy from HSN if I had to. 

Really? I have several bottles in reserve from Amazon that O ordered when I bought the mop vac. I use mostly I my living room and kitchen and use to for [et hair and paw prints on the laminate hardwood. Also on the kitchen and bathroom floors. I am sorry it didn't work for you. The pads are a bit expensive, but I don't change them every time I use it.

• Useful 2

11 hours ago, BenchWarmer said:

JJ Wu’s TSV doesn’t seem to be selling very well. Petites in tiny sizes, yes. Everything else, no. I wonder if the low scooped neck is turning people off.

I think it's the style of the dress. That is a retro design, the tiered skirt. It's not something fashion forward you'd expect from Jason Wu, with his design reputation. I thought his whole QVC collection was kind of boring.

• Like 5

7 minutes ago, Coffeecup said:

I think it's the style of the dress. That is a retro design, the tiered skirt. It's not something fashion forward you'd expect from Jason Wu, with his design reputation. I thought his whole QVC collection was kind of boring.

I did too,  but he did what is overlords wanted. hopefully he will save his money,  he seems really sweet 

• Like 10

I like watching Jason too.  He's very pleasant and I thought he and Katrina were great together. 

I guess we all know QVC "fashion" doesn't equal innovative or fashion forward.   It's a good place to earn some quick bucks, perhaps to fund other endeavors. 

I don't see Jason as a long-termer like Isaac or Lori.

• Like 8
  • Useful 2

1 hour ago, letusprocrastinate said:

Wasn't there a D&Co tiered skirt TSV not long ago?

Yes, but it had more tiers. (And got bad reviews) I ordered one of the Jason dresses but canceled after seeing it on more people. I think it requires a full slip to not show bra and underwear lines. And that would defeat the airiness of the dress. 

• Like 1
  • Useful 5

Anything with gathers at the waist is not my friend.  I have enough poofiness  there! 😂

I like the dress, though — not on me.

• Like 3
  • Laugh 1

Jane’s teeth are grey, looks like she drank a few glasses of wine prior to doing her shift

• Surprise 1

14 minutes ago, Etherbunny said:

Jane’s teeth are grey, looks like she drank a few glasses of wine prior to doing her shift

Dionysus doesn't need to be the problem:  Anything colored.  Juice, colored pop, fruit-flavored beverages, electrolyte beverages, and sports drinks can do the same honors.

• Like 2
  • Useful 2