Forums forums
PRIMETIMER
SilverStormm

QVC

2 hours ago, BenchWarmer said:

Re the Jockey Worry-Free Cotton Brief:

Bottom line, this is billed as the washable panty equivalent of five panty liners which, in my brain, is the geriatric version of wearing a cotton baby diaper. They say leak and pee in them, menstruate in them, expel body gunk in them...

1) yuck, just smelly unhygienic yuck

2) babies wear rubber pants over cloth diapers

3) disposable liners can be changed as opposed to sitting in a wet mess all day

I saw these presented this morning, too, and wondered the same thing.  Who would wear a pair all day?  Blech! 

I checked online and it said you wash them in cold water.  I'm thinking you'd want to wash them in hot water to sanitize them, particularly with the bladder leak issue.  Cold water isn't going to sanitize them or necessarily clean them, either!

• Useful 5

11 minutes ago, lovemesomejoolery said:

I saw these presented this morning, too, and wondered the same thing.  Who would wear a pair all day?  Blech! 

I checked online and it said you wash them in cold water.  I'm thinking you'd want to wash them in hot water to sanitize them, particularly with the bladder leak issue.  Cold water isn't going to sanitize them or necessarily clean them, either!

💯
There aren’t words...

• Laugh 1

Loungewear = cheap, man made “fibuhs” and quickly sewn patterns. Cheap to make; profit must be huge. 
And they don’t even match the patterns, even cheaper!

Edited by LeeDenny · Reason: Pattern matching grrr
  • Like 5
  • Laugh 3

They're selling an i3 HP laptop for nearly $700?????

I own pretty much the same thing (in fact, it's probably better)  and bought it several years ago for about $350 from a big box store.

Edited by letusprocrastinate
  • Useful 1
  • Surprise 7

2 hours ago, letusprocrastinate said:

They're selling an i3 HP laptop for nearly $700?????

I own pretty much the same thing (in fact, it's probably better)  and bought it several years ago for about $350 from a big box store.

Abusing grandma again. Shameful.

Like the joggers, house dresses, track suits, etc, the Q cornered the market on laptops, thinking kids would be home schooled for a long time. Now they’re scraping out the warehouse corners, charging whatever scandalous prices they can get. I’m guessing many folks don’t know the difference between an obsolete i3 and a rat’s ass.

The Q has also been pushing Apple laptops. A few weeks ago, out of curiosity, I checked reviews. OMG! Customers were receiving machines that didn’t work. The Q told them to call Apple. Apple looked up serial numbers and said they were old rebuilt machines, long out of warranty. I don’t know how and if the mess was resolved...but... a few days ago I did hear Craig Whatever, the rep, emphasize that the Apple machines he was currently selling were not rebuilt. That pretty much confirmed what I had read about past sales.

Edited by BenchWarmer
  • Surprise 10
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, BenchWarmer said:

Abusing grandma again. Shameful.

Like the joggers, house dresses, track suits, etc, the Q cornered the market on laptops, thinking kids would be home schooled for a long time. Now they’re scraping out the warehouse corners, charging whatever scandalous prices they can get. I’m guessing many folks don’t know the difference between an obsolete i3 and a rat’s ass.

The Q has also been pushing Apple laptops. A few weeks ago, out of curiosity, I checked reviews. OMG! Customers were receiving machines that didn’t work. The Q told them to call Apple. Apple looked up serial numbers and said they were old rebuilt machines, long out of warranty. I don’t know how and if the mess was resolved...but... a few days ago I did hear Craig Whatever, the rep, emphasize that the Apple machines he was currently selling were not rebuilt. That pretty much confirmed what I had read about past sales.

That's horrible! They were selling refurbished machines and didn't disclose it.

• Like 5

On 5/21/2021 at 6:16 PM, Bridget said:

I’ve got a weighted blanket and it is a game changer! 

I have always been a really poor sleeper (insomnia + can’t stay asleep) but my weighted blanket has made life a lot better because I am able to fall asleep and stay asleep. Science is freakin' awesome!

It also doesn’t add any warmth at all, which I really love because I am someone who always runs warm.  

It doesn't feel heavy on your chest @Bridget

4 minutes ago, Elle820 said:

It doesn't feel heavy on your chest @Bridget

It's not too heavy on me at all - it's just the right amount of heft. There's something about having a wee bit of the weight on your body that "settles" your neurons/brain cells/all the crap in one's head that makes it hard to sleep at times. My understanding is that the science behind the weighted blanket is all about the weight of the blanket being used to calm the person down and/or make it easier to sleep. 

I did learn it's important to make sure that one's blanket isn't too heavy/large. The blanket feels heavy in the beginning but give it a few nights and you won't even notice it even more.

You don't want to buy a king or queen size weighted blanket for your bed. The idea is that the blanket covers you just enough to work its magic, so get the equivalent of a throw or the smallest size available. I'm 5'7", average weight and my blanket weighs 15 pounds.

• Like 2
  • Useful 5
  • Surprise 1

1 minute ago, Bridget said:

It's not too heavy on me at all - it's just the right amount of heft. There's something about having a wee bit of the weight on your body that "settles" your neurons/brain cells/all the crap in one's head that makes it hard to sleep at times. My understanding is that the science behind the weighted blanket is all about the weight of the blanket being used to calm the person down and/or make it easier to sleep. 

I did learn it's important to make sure that one's blanket isn't too heavy/large. The blanket feels heavy in the beginning but give it a few nights and you won't even notice it even more.

You don't want to buy a king or queen size weighted blanket for your bed. The idea is that the blanket covers you just enough to work its magic, so get the equivalent of a throw or the smallest size available. I'm 5'7", average weight and my blanket weighs 15 pounds.

👍🏻

• Like 1

Kim Gravel just said a capri is longer than a crop pant.

I believe it is the opposite.

This was in response to Courtney asking what the difference is.  Doesn’t QVC train its staff to know the difference????

Edited by Thumper
  • Like 6
  • Laugh 1
  • Sad 4

1 hour ago, Thumper said:

Kim Gravel just said a capri is longer than a crop pant.

I believe it is the opposite.

This was in response to Courtney asking what the difference is.  Doesn’t QVC train its staff to know the difference????

“Here’s the thing,” anyone anywhere with their face on the Q can say anything as gospel and have it stick like Kerri Strug’s Olympic balance beam landing.

Don’t waste precious brain cells trying to decode their reality.

Truth never gets in the way of Q hucksters.

Edited by BenchWarmer
  • Like 8
  • Laugh 3

14 hours ago, BenchWarmer said:

“Here’s the thing,” anyone anywhere with their face on the Q can say anything as gospel and have it stick like Kerri Strug’s Olympic balance beam landing.

Don’t waste precious brain cells trying to decode their reality.

Truth never gets in the way of Q hucksters.

You said it perfectly, they really are hucksters, very similar to carnival barkers.  I have been watching the Q for decades and never recall their hosts being so ill prepared and sloppy 

• Like 9

I love it when a host calls it "my show" as if they are celebrities. They are salespeople in front of a camera. David can happy dance all he wants that is what he is. No disrespect to people who work in sales.

• Like 13

21 hours ago, rcc said:

I love it when a host calls it "my show" as if they are celebrities. They are salespeople in front of a camera. David can happy dance all he wants that is what he is. No disrespect to people who work in sales.

Wondering why there isn’t a diamoneeek embedded, klieg light lit “host-celebrity” walk of fame in front of Q headquarters.

Oh wait.

Jackhammered pits where canned huckster plaques were removed would pose a tripping hazard. Some pits would be larger than others depending upon ego size.

• Like 1
  • Laugh 6

Barefoot Dreams. Does anyone really pay their ridiculous prices ? Just saw a shorts and t-shirt set for $ 89 !!!!!  😲

• Like 3
  • Surprise 9

2 hours ago, Benji said:

Barefoot Dreams. Does anyone really pay their ridiculous prices ? Just saw a shorts and t-shirt set for $ 89 !!!!!  😲

Yes, hosts do.

”Hold please.”

Oh yeah...but...hosts make a ton of money, have a 30% discount and get lots of freebies and samples.

So, no, no one pays their ridiculous prices.

• Like 5
  • Useful 2

Ugh, Chaz and WEN — all through June, too???  🤮😩😩

• Sad 7

Wow, comparing the colors of the Stan Herman Terry Lounger on my TV to that on my computer is a big difference!  Only the hot pink looks the same.  All the other colors are much more muted on the computer — which experience has shown to be more accurate for me.

I was sort of interested in the blue — which looks vibrant on my TV.  Too pale on my computer.  I already have one of his short loungers.  I feel sort of “grandma” in it, but it is functional to wear after a shower while getting ready.

• Like 5

I just saw the Women with Control stretch denim pedal pushers (A398189).  Looking at the picture, I really thought they were shape wear to wear UNDER slacks or pedal pushers.  They are skin tight on the model.  YIKES!

• Like 1
  • Laugh 1
  • Surprise 6

18 minutes ago, emmawoodhouse said:

Shocked that QVC is selling LGBTQ+ apparel. 

Like what?  

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Thumper said:

Like what?  

Rainbow tees saying stuff like " proud supporter of LOVE" among others. From PLW, so grossly overpriced.

At the end of the presentation, CoKo mentioned Pride Month giving the impression that there might be more items in this vein.

Edited by emmawoodhouse
  • Like 1
  • Useful 3

Not a fan of PLW, but appreciate the LBGTQ support — if that is the intent.  Sure many are clutching their pearls.  And like you, surprised Q would be so bold. Yay!

• Like 5

Oh, it was definitely LGBTQ-centric. Alina made that abundantly clear and even sweet Christian girl Courtney was all in. Heard "love is love" and "inclusivity" among other familiar catch phrases. I imagine most of the presentation flew over the grannies in the viewing audience, but they ordered anyway because they liked the rainbow lettering. 

• Like 2
  • Laugh 1

Calista: the new Lori Grenier

takes a product and copies it

the hair powder  and all of her hair tools  

• Like 4
  • Useful 1
  • Laugh 2

25 minutes ago, hummingbird said:

Calista: the new Lori Grenier

takes a product and copies it

the hair powder  and all of her hair tools  

ITA

The Q is a cyclic bottom feeder. Nothing new under the sun.

Q: Whatever happened to Grenier, Blodgett, Lima, Kelly, etc? 

A: They bludgeoned us nonstop for a few years, made millions then took the money and ran.

Re Beekman « Chief Milk Maiden » title:  Brings to mind cliche farmer’s daughter nymphettes. Condescending, ribald and sexist. 

• Like 6
  • Laugh 1

Went to Ollie’s yesterday. Left with a cart full of useless crap that I would have paid an equivalent amount for from the Q for one useless POC. Sort of made me feel good AND bad.

In the meantime, today I received the frock I ordered a month ago that the Q would not let me cancel an hour after ordering it. According to the Q, “In process” means expecting an item anywhere from a week to never. A month is not never, but close.

Anyhow, said frock is red/pink bullseye tie dye that looks like I’ve been shot. Repeatedly. My error. Should have ordered Smurf snowcone leak blue instead.

• Laugh 14

Jut opened Tili All About Eyes and Skin sampler box.

Opinion: save your money.

Josie Maran Argon Oil: 1/2 oz. Size of an Rx eye drop bottle. Maybe 2 full body grease-ups

PTR Serum: 0.17 oz. Size of shorty mascara sample. 2xdaily = 3 days max.

Belle Shadow Stick: Mulberry. Guaranteed to make you look bloodshot and pinkeyed. Worst color ever.

Estee Advanced Night Repair: 1/4 oz. Pray for 3 night max transformation 

Elemis Night Cream: 1/2 oz. Maybe one week?

Bobbie Brown Shadow Stick: .03 oz. Golden Pink. Matches your rose gold Apple keyboard

Bright Eyes Collagen Eye Gels: Two stick-on under eye half moons. One use. Puffs up under eye skin. A bit scary.

St Tropez Gradual Tan: 1.6 oz. One-fourth the size of stuff sold for $25 at Ulta. Shawn said this size sells for $25. Not true. Must apply every day to achieve tan, wear dark clothing for 4-8 hours to avoid color transfer after application = wearing dark clothing every day to keep up tan.

• Like 1
  • Useful 4
  • Laugh 2
  • Surprise 2

Jane was laying it on real thick with Martha. She was probably was afraid that snipers were ready with a moment’s notice from Martha. LOL!!! Her outdoor stuff wasn’t bad but I’m sure Target or HomeGoods would have the same stuff at lower prices. At least, it gives you some ideas if you don’t have that design touch for the outdoors. 

• Like 1
  • Laugh 4

8 minutes ago, ByaNose said:

Jane was laying it on real thick with Martha. She was probably was afraid that snipers were ready with a moment’s notice from Martha. LOL!!! Her outdoor stuff wasn’t bad but I’m sure Target or HomeGoods would have the same stuff at lower prices. At least, it gives you some ideas if you don’t have that design touch for the outdoors. 

Martha has that edgy felonious thing going on. A real tough gal with Snoop riding shotgun. Don’t return her garden Qrap unless you want a very special surprise housecleaning...

Martha’s octopus ties run deep.

Did you know Dr Brent Ridge, MD, of Beekman goats fame, was once VP of healthy living at Martha Stewart Omnimedia and was solely responsible for developing the Martha Stewart (geriatric) Center for Living at Mount Sinai Hospital? The story goes Dr Brent lost his jobs when the economy went sour but the friendship endures.

• Like 2
  • Useful 4
  • Laugh 2

Stated fact:  Vendors DONATED products to QVC for the cancer benefit.

Stated fact:  The Q is charging for shipping.

Stated fact:  70% of the purchase price goes to the charity.

Question:  What happens to the remaining 30%?

• Like 4
  • Useful 4

Anyone have any success in canceling an item that is on backorder?

• Surprise 1

I received an email today telling me that my order for basic Denim and Co pants cannot be filled due to lack of supply.  They will notify me "if" they become available, not "when".  I wonder if it is shipping issue or if they are discontinuing the item.  These are pretty popular every-day pants.

• Like 1
  • Surprise 6
  • Sad 2

Ohhh, Tova.  She must have a QVC following, but that hair — yikes.  No one wants to tell her?? 

• Like 3
  • Laugh 6

1 hour ago, Court said:

There is no canceling or exchanging in the land of Q. It’s a nightmare. 

Edited by LeeDenny
  • Like 4
  • Sad 3

4 minutes ago, LeeDenny said:

There is no canceling or exchanging in the land of Q. It’s a nightmare. 

It is getting worse, too.

• Like 4

Mess and getting worse is right!  I've rarely had problems,  but:

Last Thursday during David's show they had a special on the Tidy small storage boxes....$14 for 2 and I've bought them before and like them.  Ordered 2 sets, blue chambray and Grey.

Fine.   Received shipping notices, separately 2 days later.  Great.

Received 2 boxes yesterday.   Blue chambray boxes, wonderful!

Grey battery storage box.

Now I have to go buy 100 batteries to fill the stupid thing up!

• Laugh 4
  • Surprise 5

5 hours ago, Thumper said:

Beauty With Benefits show features this product:

https://www.qvc.com/Conture-Hair-Remover-and-Exfoliation-Device-for-Face-%26-Body.product.S9775.html?sc=PRODFEED

for $49+.   I feel pretty certain I ordered a set of two for about this price ages ago.  (It wasn’t that great and I didn’t used the exfoliation much.)

Looks like some ‘donated items’ are warehouse schlock that didn’t sell. Probably negotiated with vendors in exchange for tax breaks and to clean house of old merch. Ingredients degrade...batteries die...fads fade. Expect to start seeing new and improved Christmas in July schlock in a month. I’m guessing the 30% monetary donation shortfall is the Q profit margin. Someone once told me QVC doesn’t leave a dime on the table. 

• Like 4

6 hours ago, Court said:

Good luck. The only success I had was when an item was oversold + customers were receiving merch that shattered in shipment which meant returns were piles of broken pottery that could not be recycled back into the back order fulfillment stream.

• Like 1
  • Useful 2

9 minutes ago, hummingbird said:

Geoff Z's cookies look like Tates to me

but what do I know 

I thought the same thing.

Zakarian will put his name on anything, in this case cookies made by Eleni's in NYC.

M-75607, 40 cookies for $39.98.  You can buy 40 of the same cookies, in the same style boxes as the ones that Q are selling with Zakarian's name on them, and with two other flavor options available, for $5 less and free shipping directly from Eleni's.

Edited by letusprocrastinate
  • Like 2
  • Useful 4

42 minutes ago, hummingbird said:

Geoff Z's cookies look like Tates to me

but what do I know 

33 minutes ago, letusprocrastinate said:

I thought the same thing.

I thought so too! And his description of “the most crispy cookies around” - that describes Tate’s to a tee. (Can you tell I’ve snarfed my share of Tates?)

• Like 6

15 hours ago, Thumper said:

It is getting worse, too.

My bread order was in process, then went to backorder, now it’s in process again. This all occurred within a week. I hope I get it because I love that bread. 🤷‍♀️

• Like 5
  • Sad 1

I kind of like that Sun Joe pressure washing thing (which they knocked off from Worx) but the smart me says it's probably junk

anyone have experience with Sun Joe?

1 hour ago, hummingbird said:

I kind of like that Sun Joe pressure washing thing (which they knocked off from Worx) but the smart me says it's probably junk

anyone have experience with Sun Joe?

We have a Sun Joe pressure washer - the plug in/connect to a hose type.  At the time we got it, it was very highly rated by Consumer Reports and a couple of other publications.  We got it from Home Depot for around $150 and are very happy with it.  We've had it for several years and it works great.  Others we've gotten in the past 25 years in this price range haven't held up, but this one has.  We also got a snow blower/thrower direct from Sun Joe.....haven't had a chance to use it for the past two years since it hasn't snowed!

I like the idea of the one shown this morning and even got my husband to look at it.  He quickly said no.  What makes a pressure washer do a decent job is indicated in the psi rating.  You want around 2,000, according to him.  This one today only had 320.

• Like 2
  • Useful 4

36 minutes ago, lovemesomejoolery said:

We have a Sun Joe pressure washer - the plug in/connect to a hose type.  At the time we got it, it was very highly rated by Consumer Reports and a couple of other publications.  We got it from Home Depot for around $150 and are very happy with it.  We've had it for several years and it works great.  Others we've gotten in the past 25 years in this price range haven't held up, but this one has.  We also got a snow blower/thrower direct from Sun Joe.....haven't had a chance to use it for the past two years since it hasn't snowed!

I like the idea of the one shown this morning and even got my husband to look at it.  He quickly said no.  What makes a pressure washer do a decent job is indicated in the psi rating.  You want around 2,000, according to him.  This one today only had 320.

this might work for me as I don't want to do anything huge like a house or patio, just small things,  

was surprised the see the SJ brand on Amazon as well,  and the reviews do mention the PSI but  looks like most people are washing a car or cat box etc.  

Edited by hummingbird
  • Like 4

Some good fashion clearance on Q2 this afternoon.  Right now it’s Tolani, which I like to look at, but on the rare occasion I’ve ordered, is just too “ flowy” for my shorter size 14 self.  🤪🤪

• Like 1
  • Surprise 1

I remember the long running jokes about power washers on the Q from the TWoP days years ago. Anytime I see pressure washers mentioned here I think of that.

• Laugh 5