QVC

To me...the only "elevated: fabrics:

image.png.4c474936981706c0b74e2b0bf3d58b49.png

image.png.3b4dc5a487f8239b39b26b4c1f8f54b1.png

• Like 2
  • Useful 1
  • Laugh 2

11 hours ago, Thumper said:

Lots of caftans this year — is this a thing?

To no one other than the Q

• Like 1
  • Laugh 12

10 minutes ago, hummingbird said:

Bacon wrapped stuffed pork!!! 

Porkapolozza !

• Laugh 8

Was it here I admitted to buying the Logo TSV dress?  I finally received both sizes and have to say it’s a “ no” for me.  The L was too big.  The M fit better, but from the side made me still look bigger and with a big butt.  And I have a flat butt!  lol. It was comfortable, but not flattering.    Back they go.

• Surprise 4
  • Sad 7

1 hour ago, letusprocrastinate said:

Q really is having problems with inventory.  The sheet set TSV doesn't ship until June 25, over a month from now.

Yea,  I thought that was a little odd myself.  WTF?

• Like 1
  • Laugh 2

9 minutes ago, JT57 said:

Yea,  I thought that was a little odd myself.  WTF?

They might as well start selling the Halloween decorations right now.

And Christmas in July (starts June 26, BTW) is going to have a whole new meaning if you want to get any of it in time for Christmas.

Edited by letusprocrastinate · Reason: Little bit of hyperbole, I admit
  • Useful 1
  • Laugh 9

1 hour ago, letusprocrastinate said:

Q really is having problems with inventory.  The sheet set TSV doesn't ship until June 25, over a month from now.

many places are but it's odd/questionable to offer for sale if it's not available for 4 weeks.

you can 't tell me there is no sheet inventory to clean out instead of that,  and offer it when its in stock instead ?

• Like 5
  • Useful 2

1 hour ago, hummingbird said:

many places are but it's odd/questionable to offer for sale if it's not available for 4 weeks.

you can 't tell me there is no sheet inventory to clean out instead of that,  and offer it when its in stock instead ?

Welcome to the new normal.

Cruise lines are selling cruises that will not/can not sail until the CDC loosens travel restrictions. Your non refundable deposit is money in their bank. 

The Q is selling “numbers” they can book as future revenue...money in their accounting bank. I ordered a D&Co frock almost a month ago, had buyer’s remorse a few hours later and was denied the option to cancel because it was “in process.” There is no current info on this item other than it was booked as a future shipment. I consider this fraud.

• Like 10
  • Sad 3

7 minutes ago, BenchWarmer said:

Welcome to the new normal.

Cruise lines are selling cruises that will not/can not sail until the CDC loosens travel restrictions. Your non refundable deposit is money in their bank. 

The Q is selling “numbers” they can book as future revenue...money in their accounting bank. I ordered a D&Co frock almost a month ago, had buyer’s remorse a few hours later and was denied the option to cancel because it was “in process.” There is no current info on this item other than it was booked as a future shipment. I consider this fraud.

Then there are the items that are shown to be in stock and after you purchase are suddenly backordered.

I had an issue with a big box retailer that rhymes with Bowes with something they showed as available within 2 weeks and went to backorder for 2 1/2 months.  I got an email that if I didn't respond by a certain date that I wanted to keep the order they would automatically cancel it and process a refund.  If Q did something like this I wonder how much its sales numbers would fall.

• Like 5
  • Useful 2

7 minutes ago, letusprocrastinate said:

Then there are the items that are shown to be in stock and after you purchase are suddenly backordered.

I had an issue with a big box retailer that rhymes with Bowes with something they showed as available within 2 weeks and went to backorder for 2 1/2 months.  I got an email that if I didn't respond by a certain date that I wanted to keep the order they would automatically cancel it and process a refund.  If Q did something like this I wonder how much its sales numbers would fall.

That.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, letusprocrastinate said:

It’s a merch pandemic.

I ordered a featured item from iconic M-C of black & white check fame, with the promise of immediate delivery. I discovered the item is now on back order until November. The customer service phone has been discontinued, they do not notify customers of shipping delays and they do not respond to emails. MC has my money and I’m SOL. I checked the BBB...tons of complaints about the same issue. Goes to show even upscale sellers are not interested in keeping their customers happy through communication.

• Surprise 3
  • Sad 3

10 minutes ago, BenchWarmer said:

It’s a merch pandemic.

I ordered a featured item from iconic M-C of black & white check fame, with the promise of immediate delivery. I discovered the item is now on back order until November. The customer service phone has been discontinued, they do not notify customers of shipping delays and they do not respond to emails. MC has my money and I’m SOL. I checked the BBB...tons of complaints about the same issue. Goes to show even upscale sellers are not interested in keeping their customers happy through communication.

Time to get your credit card company or bank involved?

(BTW, I'm 99% certain I know the entity to which you're referring.)

Edited by letusprocrastinate
  • Useful 2

I am still astounded how slow and unreliable QVC's delivery system is!!  It takes an average of 2 weeks for me to get most items that are not an advanced order.  Advanced orders end up taking months along with lots of "Your Delivery Has Been Delayed" emails.  This is bad for business especially when their big competition is Amazon.  It just proves that most of their merch we really don't need which can be an easy deal breaker when on the fence about making a purchase with a reputation like that.

• Like 6
  • Useful 3

I started following Mally on IG earlier this year.  Anyone else follow her?

Seems a lot of her posts contain too much foul language.   I understand it's her personal not Mally Cosmetics page but it's a bit   odd for a professional IMO

• Surprise 1
  • Sad 2

19 minutes ago, shopping queen said:

Seems a lot of her posts contain too much foul language.   I understand it's her personal not Mally Cosmetics page but it's a bit   odd for a professional IMO

I would agree.  As a qualifier, I'm not only prone to cursing, but I might actually prefer it to conventionally accepted language, but I can assure you that I don't do it in a professional setting, or even a casual setting with folks who don't know me well.  (Those who do know what they're getting).

• Like 6

24 minutes ago, SuprSuprElevated said:

I would agree.  As a qualifier, I'm not only prone to cursing, but I might actually prefer it to conventionally accepted language, but I can assure you that I don't do it in a professional setting, or even a casual setting with folks who don't know me well.  (Those who do know what they're getting).

Same here, time and place, time and place. 

• Like 9

53 minutes ago, shopping queen said:

she is very coarse and not lady like 

• Like 4
  • Surprise 1
  • Sad 1

51 minutes ago, SuprSuprElevated said:

I agree 

• Like 2

Good grief.  I noticed I had about 15 minutes to watch Q before my Law and Order show came on, and all I got was 10+minutes of Down Home David telling me how much I need a $20 plastic box to store my batteries in.  

Would love to see them have a speedy show where every product got no more than 3 minutes for a presentation. 

• Like 10
  • Useful 2

36 minutes ago, Neiman said:

Would love to see them have a speedy show where every product got no more than 3 minutes for a presentation. 

QVC:  The Early Years

For those not old enough, this is exactly the way shows were done.  First, we got a preview of the entire lineup, then each product was demonstrated, with about 3-5 mins. spent on each item.

• Like 9
  • Useful 5

I remember the previews, but not the short selling time per item.

• Like 3

I started watching QVC when I was in high school. When I posted earlier, I was thinking about how things used to be. I remember how they did a preview at the beginning and a review at the end. The fast pace kept me interested vs the personal stories and schtick we get today.  Would love for them to at least have one evening a week in the old format.

• Like 13
  • Laugh 1

who sits around to come up with a product with the words "moon dip" make me not want to buy

Farmhouse Fresh is certainly enough to convey what you are trying to sell 

• Like 3
  • Useful 1

11 minutes ago, hummingbird said:

who sits around to come up with a product with the words "moon dip" make me not want to buy

Farmhouse Fresh is certainly enough to convey what you are trying to sell 

if  "moon dip" irritates, I imagine one of their scents, "Bunny Kisses", does  too?

• Like 2
  • Laugh 5
  • Surprise 2

2 minutes ago, lovemesomejoolery said:

if  "moon dip" irritates, I imagine one of their scents, "Bunny Kisses", does  too?

for real?

who is this aimed at?

• Laugh 3

9 hours ago, Neiman said:

I started watching QVC when I was in high school. When I posted earlier, I was thinking about how things used to be. I remember how they did a preview at the beginning and a review at the end. The fast pace kept me interested vs the personal stories and schtick we get today.  Would love for them to at least have one evening a week in the old format.

And you could only order while the item was being shown. Once the timer counted down, your were SOL.

• Like 9

1 hour ago, lovemesomejoolery said:

Is there a scent of "Bunny Stares you Straight in the Eye while Peeing on You"?  I'd be familiar with that one.

(I have to say, though, there is something soothing about a bunny sitting on your lap.)

Edited by letusprocrastinate
  • Laugh 5

I use this...."clean" fragrance....and.....the name isn't dopey:

image.png.d5ce23bd46421faf49d8bddfd5b7fcb4.png

And.........Has anyone here used a weighted blanket?

Edited by artisto
  • Like 1

26 minutes ago, artisto said:

I use this...."clean" fragrance....and.....the name makes sense:

The thought of a weighted blanket gives me claustrophobia.

• Like 5

I haven’t used a weighted blanket but I once bought a comforter that was ridiculously heavy. I was going to return it until my son grabbed it. He used that thing all through middle and high school. Even in the middle of summer. He loved it, I hated it 🤷🏻‍♀️

• Like 3

10 hours ago, artisto said:

I use this...."clean" fragrance....and.....the name makes sense:

I’ve got a weighted blanket and it is a game changer! 

I have always been a really poor sleeper (insomnia + can’t stay asleep) but my weighted blanket has made life a lot better because I am able to fall asleep and stay asleep. Science is freakin' awesome!

It also doesn’t add any warmth at all, which I really love because I am someone who always runs warm.  

Edited by Bridget
  • Like 4
  • Useful 7

On 5/20/2021 at 9:13 AM, letusprocrastinate said:

I ordered a couch from Wayfair in October 2020.  It got "lost" somewhere and I reordered it in Dec. because I REALLY wanted that couch.  I was afraid it would make it to TN. before me in April.  It did not.  It it now scheduled for delivery July 12th!  I REALLY want that couch :).

• Like 6
  • Laugh 2
  • Surprise 3

On 5/18/2021 at 8:18 AM, Etherbunny said:

To no one other than the Q

And Blanche Devareax

Edited by One Tough Cookie
  • Laugh 5

Big Dave was presenting this commercial looking thing the other night for $110! Not exactly something I would want in my backyard or to use as a raised garden bed. More like you would find it at some refinery or junk yard.

20210521_224451.thumb.jpg.9fe417289db7a12e42b03dda52aaab95.jpg20210521_224507.thumb.jpg.618802c7018a80bec5c8468c64f1409b.jpg

Edited by mpeeps
  • Laugh 2
  • Surprise 9

On 5/20/2021 at 9:41 PM, SuprSuprElevated said:

QVC:  The Early Years

For those not old enough, this is exactly the way shows were done.  First, we got a preview of the entire lineup, then each product was demonstrated, with about 3-5 mins. spent on each item.

HSN is still doing "Five in Five" segments. They don't do it frequently, but often enough that I've seen it recently when channel surfing. Five products are presented in five minutes. It's fun to watch, more fun than suffering through eight or nine minutes on one product while the host drones on about her personal life, makes up stories about fantasy women using the product, or suggests impractical ways you can "dress it up or dress it down."

• Like 11

8 hours ago, mpeeps said:

Big Dave was presenting this commercial looking thing the other night for $110! Not exactly something I would want in my backyard or to use as a raised garden bed. More like you would find it at some refinery or junk yard.

20210521_224451.thumb.jpg.9fe417289db7a12e42b03dda52aaab95.jpg20210521_224507.thumb.jpg.618802c7018a80bec5c8468c64f1409b.jpg

Being a snot here.

Not at a refinery.  Smooth sides on those holding tanks. 

But 110 clams for that?

Edited by letusprocrastinate · Reason: Grain tanks can have that style
  • Like 1
  • Laugh 4

watching the rerun of DH

showing yet another iteration of the storage boxes that open up, they call in a remoter why?  DV can sell that just fine, 

my option

have him do a 10-15 min bit and move on , if he  can't move them them try again later it;s boring 

Edited by hummingbird
  • Like 4
  • Useful 3

7 hours ago, mpeeps said:

Reasons to buy:

1) you hate your landscaped neighbor with the manicured lawn

2) dollar store flamingos were sold out

3) you are too lazy to dig a hole 

4) rusty junk is your jam

5) save the planet by smothering grass and eliminating mower fumes

• Like 1
  • Laugh 9

Did Dara Wara have a lot of work done? I didn’t recognize her. She obviously lost weight...but...

I remember the old fluffy angora and pearls bridge club Dara. This seems to be the new high end Gucci European villa Dara, complete with long overprocessed see-through doyenne hair.

• Like 3
  • Laugh 6

11 minutes ago, BenchWarmer said:

Reasons to buy:

1) you hate your landscaped neighbor with the manicured lawn

2) dollar store flamingos were sold out

3) you are too lazy to dig a hole 

4) rusty junk is your jam

5) save the planet by smothering grass and eliminating mower fumes

You want to annoy your HOA.

• Useful 1
  • Laugh 7

Re the Jockey Worry-Free Cotton Brief:

Bottom line, this is billed as the washable panty equivalent of five panty liners which, in my brain, is the geriatric version of wearing a cotton baby diaper. They say leak and pee in them, menstruate in them, expel body gunk in them...

1) yuck, just smelly unhygienic yuck

2) babies wear rubber pants over cloth diapers

3) disposable liners can be changed as opposed to sitting in a wet mess all day

• Like 3
  • Surprise 3
  • Sad 4

45 minutes ago, BenchWarmer said:

Re the Jockey Worry-Free Cotton Brief:

Bottom line, this is billed as the washable panty equivalent of five panty liners which, in my brain, is the geriatric version of wearing a cotton baby diaper. They say leak and pee in them, menstruate in them, expel body gunk in them...

1) yuck, just smelly unhygienic yuck

2) babies wear rubber pants over cloth diapers

3) disposable liners can be changed as opposed to sitting in a wet mess all day

🤢 🤮

• Like 1
  • Laugh 2

Oh no, WEN gallons are back. Endless presentations have already begun..and it isn’t even June yet. Also, does QVC have an entire warehouse of nothing but loungewear? Can’t believe how many of these two piece sets/joggers they show. The fashion shows are so boring now due to this and beauty items and brand repetition. Renee and freaking Breezies...ugh, so sick of both.

• Like 7
  • Surprise 1

About loungewear: I can't help but think that in the depths of the pandemic last spring the geniuses in the Corporate Tower thought this would last for years and years and ordered lounge wear and joggers accordingly. 

Now, the ship has come in just at the wrong time!

• Like 4
  • Laugh 5

5 minutes ago, CaffeinatedAunt79 said:

Oh no, WEN gallons are back. Endless presentations have already begun..and it isn’t even June yet. Also, does QVC have an entire warehouse of nothing but loungewear? Can’t believe how many of these two piece sets/joggers they show. The fashion shows are so boring now due to this and beauty items and brand repetition. Renee and freaking Breezies...ugh, so sick of both.

The expectation may have been that we would be in continuing lockdown for many more months...tons, literally, of at home loungewear would be needed/wanted. In anticipation warehouses were crammed full of schmocks, schmatta and schlock.

The current CYA empty the warehouse sell: Refresh. Refresh. Refresh. 

• Like 4
  • Useful 1