Jump to content
Forums forums
PRIMETIMER
SilverStormm

QVC

Recommended Posts

38 minutes ago, TexasTiffany said:

I think I spotted a QVC clothing shopper in public today. She was wearing what looked like a LOGO top (olive green with sharkbite hem) and Denim & Co pink floral chintz crop pants and gold sandals. She did not have an entourage.

Did anything go with everything? 

  • Laugh 9

Share this post


Link to post

BOSE add that to the list of Sunday eligible TSVS,

  Rachel ties in with seeing people again, "as we hug each other"

even Bret is wearing a Jacket of some kind 

boring 

luckily there is laundry today

 

  • Laugh 9

Share this post


Link to post
4 hours ago, hummingbird said:

BOSE add that to the list of Sunday eligible TSVS,

  Rachel ties in with seeing people again, "as we hug each other"

even Bret is wearing a Jacket of some kind 

boring 

luckily there is laundry today

 

Just had the thought that there could be a TSV Boredom Scale based upon household chores.  You know, the TSV is so boring I'm instead going to:

Do laundry

Dust

Deep-clean the bathrooms

Wash the windows

Pull weeds

Clean out the refrigerator

Polish the silverware

Polish the furniture

Clean out the closets

Clean out the attic/basement/garage

etc

The above is listed in no particular order.

 

  • Like 3
  • Laugh 8

Share this post


Link to post
3 minutes ago, letusprocrastinate said:

Just had the thought that there could be a TSV Boredom Scale based upon household chores.  You know, the TSV is so boring I'm instead going to:

Do laundry

Dust

Deep-clean the bathrooms

Wash the windows

Pull weeds

Clean out the refrigerator

Polish the silverware

Polish the furniture

Clean out the closets

Clean out the attic/basement/garage

etc

The above is listed in no particular order.

 

counter programming on q2 is that fitnation bike equally boring 

  • Like 4
  • Sad 2

Share this post


Link to post
On 5/1/2021 at 10:01 AM, letusprocrastinate said:

Whatever the "something special" is, given past history the odds are it's going to be as exciting as finding out you're getting a $1 refund on your income taxes.

Considering it's another cookbook from David, I'd say my prediction was pretty accurate.

  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post
3 minutes ago, letusprocrastinate said:

Considering it's another cookbook from David, I'd say my prediction was pretty accurate.

He needs a better photographer to get away from that unflattering grin 

  • Laugh 6

Share this post


Link to post

I have trouble watching the presentation of the Kuhn Rikon shears.  I own them and they do cut as advertised.  I was using mine for cutting flowers while arranging altar flowers at church, and I managed to completely cut off my index finger pad.  Luckly, I did not cut the whole finger tip off, since these are sharp enough to cut through bone.  These really do cut!  My wound did heal, but my finger will never feel or look the same.  Please be careful if you have these.

  • Useful 2
  • Surprise 16
  • Sad 2

Share this post


Link to post
13 hours ago, CalicoKitty said:

I have trouble watching the presentation of the Kuhn Rikon shears.  I own them and they do cut as advertised.  I was using mine for cutting flowers while arranging altar flowers at church, and I managed to completely cut off my index finger pad.  Luckly, I did not cut the whole finger tip off, since these are sharp enough to cut through bone.  These really do cut!  My wound did heal, but my finger will never feel or look the same.  Please be careful if you have these.

I don’t think I’m allowed to be around sharp objects. My skin is so thin I can now avulse layers of skin on the back of my hands and lower arms simply by scraping them on the side of a table!  Not a pretty sight. Sometimes my hands and arms look like I’ve been in a fight. 

  • Surprise 3
  • Sad 4

Share this post


Link to post

I think blue light glasses are this years RFID proof wallets they were screaming about 2 years ago 

Edited by hummingbird
  • Like 1
  • Laugh 4
  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
3 hours ago, hummingbird said:

I think blue light glasses are this years RF proof wallets they were screaming about 2 years ago 

I have purchased a couple of (cheap) pairs, before Q heard of them btw, and I can tell you that the ones I bought anyway are a pain in the ass.  The lenses always seem dirty, and almost distorted.

I'm done with 'em.

  • Like 3
  • Useful 3

Share this post


Link to post

I am so sick of Prive Reveaux.

  • Like 15

Share this post


Link to post

The designer of these shoes said you would turn heads in these shoes.....yep.  You sure would!  It looks like a wild animal is clawing at Amy's ankle!

Now, I like a good shoe and I have been known to throw down on a pair that was perfect.  But I can't imagine a time that I would spend $199 on these.

(And P.S.  You can buy matching pairs for your daughters and granddaughters for $99 ! )

shoes.jpg

  • Surprise 10
  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
2 hours ago, SuprSuprElevated said:

I have purchased a couple of (cheap) pairs, before Q heard of them btw, and I can tell you that the ones I bought anyway are a pain in the ass.  The lenses always seem dirty, and almost distorted.

I'm done with 'em.

Even the ones you get by prescription with the blue light feature get dirty right quick.

*Points at the glasses currently parked on my face*

  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post
7 hours ago, letusprocrastinate said:

Even the ones you get by prescription with the blue light feature get dirty right quick.

*Points at the glasses currently parked on my face*

I'm experiencing that problem, too. I bought a pair last year. I haven't noticed any benefit. The lenses are dirt magnets that are hard to clean even with a microfiber cloth. 

  • Like 5
  • Useful 1

Share this post


Link to post
49 minutes ago, TexasTiffany said:

I'm experiencing that problem, too. I bought a pair last year. I haven't noticed any benefit. The lenses are dirt magnets that are hard to clean even with a microfiber cloth. 

Thank you for confirming that I'm not the only one who has noticed this.  Personally, the next time I need to get new lenses I'll decline the blue light addition, since mobile devices and computers all have blue light reduction features I can activate into use.

  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post
19 minutes ago, hummingbird said:

Dr Denese is back,   boring product line 

May her last name be pronounced properly throughout the day.  The other week Terri Conn called her "Denise".  It's pronounced Den-ess, and her first name is Adrienne.

  • Like 1
  • Useful 1
  • Surprise 1

Share this post


Link to post

49 minutes ago, letusprocrastinate said:

May her last name be pronounced properly throughout the day.  The other week Terri Conn called her "Denise".  It's pronounced Den-ess, and her first name is Adrienne.

It strikes me that T Conn will never be confused with a member of Mensa.

Edited by SuprSuprElevated
  • Like 3
  • Laugh 7

Share this post


Link to post
18 minutes ago, SuprSuprElevated said:

It strikes me that T Conn will never be confused with a member of Mensa.

for sure, but that aside she is pleasant to watch ,right now she has not been  Q-ified too much 

and let's face it  no IQ tests are required to work there 

  • Like 10

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, SuprSuprElevated said:

It strikes me that T Conn will never be confused with a member of Mensa.

I cant take her.  While she seems sweet, she stumbles around when presenting and is too blah for me

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post

Terri Conn: I view her as now starring in the role of "loveable,  bumbling airhead", having been understudy to Courtney Cason.

Everyone has a script and a character. 

  • Like 4
  • Laugh 4

Share this post


Link to post
32 minutes ago, JohnnyStar5 said:

Terri Conn: I view her as now starring in the role of "loveable,  bumbling airhead", having been understudy to Courtney Cason.

Everyone has a script and a character. 

yes,  she has really improved though

 

32 minutes ago, JohnnyStar5 said:

Everyone has a script and a character. 

what is Shawns? 🤔

Edited by hummingbird
  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, hummingbird said:

yes,  she has really improved though

 

I've watched a few times, especially since I've heard you say this, thinking I could maybe get through an hour while eating my lunch, but I honestly don't see much difference! 

In what way do you think she's improved?  Seriously asking, not trying to be confrontational! 

Maybe it's that, for the most part, all the other hosts at QVC are such wildly portrayed characters that she just "seems" more tolerable and normal?  I'll give you that she's not obnoxious or in your face about anything and seems very sweet.

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post

1 hour ago, hummingbird said:

yes,  she has really improved though

 

what is Shawns? 🤔

MILF. Or at least she thinks so.

  • Like 1
  • Laugh 8

Share this post


Link to post

When I saw these, I thought they were slippers. No, they’re sandals - the “Fuzz-ee” by Koolaburra. SMH.

5A56E974-64FD-4652-9208-8830C38A4C05.thumb.jpeg.023937abb22d14ae1429a97deca7025a.jpeg

  • Laugh 2
  • Surprise 4
  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
7 minutes ago, Booney said:

When I saw these, I thought they were slippers. No, they’re sandals - the “Fuzz-ee” by Koolaburra. SMH.

5A56E974-64FD-4652-9208-8830C38A4C05.thumb.jpeg.023937abb22d14ae1429a97deca7025a.jpeg

Makes about as much sense as a cold shoulder goose down parka.

  • Laugh 11

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, Booney said:

When I saw these, I thought they were slippers. No, they’re sandals - the “Fuzz-ee” by Koolaburra. SMH.

5A56E974-64FD-4652-9208-8830C38A4C05.thumb.jpeg.023937abb22d14ae1429a97deca7025a.jpeg

I have seen these elsewhere.  Seem to be a thing this year.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
2 hours ago, Thumper said:

I have seen these elsewhere.  Seem to be a thing this year.

I see them on teens/early 20s. I think they look cute in them. I’d look ridiculous. 

  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post
4 hours ago, Booney said:

When I saw these, I thought they were slippers. No, they’re sandals - the “Fuzz-ee” by Koolaburra. SMH.

5A56E974-64FD-4652-9208-8830C38A4C05.thumb.jpeg.023937abb22d14ae1429a97deca7025a.jpeg

Koolaburra by UGH! 

  • Laugh 10

Share this post


Link to post

Does anyone know what happened to “Little David”?  That Cabbage Patch doll which resembled David V.  Haven’t seen him in years, must not have been a favorite to the foodies

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
7 hours ago, Etherbunny said:

Does anyone know what happened to “Little David”?  That Cabbage Patch doll which resembled David V.  Haven’t seen him in years, must not have been a favorite to the foodies

This little guy?  Picture 1.

 

 

misc pics QVC David Venable toy David 11-08-20.jpg

They should make a solar David garden sculpture. If it lights up, people will buy it. Like this one -- just put his face on it instead of the bear or owl.

misc pics QVC David Venable garden solar animals 4 2-18-21.jpg

Edited by Coffeecup
  • Laugh 12

Share this post


Link to post

Hi All. Missed you! Miss laughing till I cry then wet myself. Don’t know if anyone remembers me but I sure remember all of you! Been reverse reading your posts...snark gold. As seasoned Kobe Style bull wranglers, do you have any suggestions as to what land mines I should avoid here?

  • Like 18

Share this post


Link to post
25 minutes ago, BenchWarmer said:

Hi All. Missed you! Miss laughing till I cry then wet myself. Don’t know if anyone remembers me but I sure remember all of you! Been reverse reading your posts...snark gold. As seasoned Kobe Style bull wranglers, do you have any suggestions as to what land mines I should avoid here?

Hi, @BenchWarmer!  I remember you.  Welcome Back!

  • Like 9

Share this post


Link to post
38 minutes ago, BenchWarmer said:

Hi All. Missed you! Miss laughing till I cry then wet myself. Don’t know if anyone remembers me but I sure remember all of you! Been reverse reading your posts...snark gold. As seasoned Kobe Style bull wranglers, do you have any suggestions as to what land mines I should avoid here?

How could we not remember you?  So good to hear from you!  Welcome back!

Edited by lovemesomejoolery
  • Like 10

Share this post


Link to post

1 hour ago, BenchWarmer said:

Hi All. Missed you! Miss laughing till I cry then wet myself. Don’t know if anyone remembers me but I sure remember all of you! Been reverse reading your posts...snark gold. As seasoned Kobe Style bull wranglers, do you have any suggestions as to what land mines I should avoid here?

Welcome back!  I don't know how long you've been gone, but there are two land mines, things we are not allowed to post about any more. No posts about a certain former beauty queen QVC host who was very popular, and no posts about the hosts' children. Other than that, snark away! 

  • Like 7

Share this post


Link to post
15 hours ago, kittygirl said:

David in my garden would be creepy.

David anywhere would be creepy lol

  • Like 2
  • Laugh 5

Share this post


Link to post

Anyone buy yesterday’s TSV? Love the chicken upsell shtick. Being a million years old, I can remember when chicken was 69cents/lb. Wings were 39cents/lb and considered greasy meatless throw-aways. I’ve never tried Corky’s, so maybe I’m a culinary Neanderthal. No offense to Neanderthals.

Today’s TSV is a gut buster as well... Pricey HP computers built for email and candy crush only? OAP spiel specifically states these are bottom feeding machines not fit for anything beyond casual use.

  • Like 4
  • Laugh 6

Share this post


Link to post
2 minutes ago, BenchWarmer said:

Anyone buy yesterday’s TSV? Love the chicken upsell shtick. Being a million years old, I can remember when chicken was 69cents/lb. Wings were 39cents/lb and considered greasy meatless throw-aways. I’ve never tried Corky’s, so maybe I’m a culinary Neanderthal. No offense to Neanderthals.

Today’s TSV is a gut buster as well... Pricey HP computers built for email and candy crush only? OAP spiel specifically states these are bottom feeding machines not fit for anything beyond casual use.

LOL, so they're catfish computers.

misc pics animals catfish with long whiskers 1.jpg

  • Like 2
  • Laugh 8

Share this post


Link to post
20 minutes ago, Coffeecup said:

Welcome back!  I don't know how long you've been gone, but there are two land mines, things we are not allowed to post about any more. No posts about a certain former beauty queen QVC host who was very popular, and no posts about the hosts' children. Other than that, snark away! 

Thanks @Coffeecup! Good to know house rules before I soil the furniture.

  • Laugh 11

Share this post


Link to post
24 minutes ago, BenchWarmer said:

Anyone buy yesterday’s TSV? Love the chicken upsell shtick. Being a million years old, I can remember when chicken was 69cents/lb. Wings were 39cents/lb and considered greasy meatless throw-aways. I’ve never tried Corky’s, so maybe I’m a culinary Neanderthal. No offense to Neanderthals.

Today’s TSV is a gut buster as well... Pricey HP computers built for email and candy crush only? OAP spiel specifically states these are bottom feeding machines not fit for anything beyond casual use.

I find it hilarious that they're saying the actual retail value is over $1100 because of all the add-ons.  The HP protection is useful, and the 1-year Microsoft Office is nice, but then they add all that trial-basis bloatware to make it look like you're getting an outstanding deal. 

But at least they're finally being honest about what these laptops are capable of; I remember reading the product pages back when they were selling various HP laptops in the lead-up to Christmas and one of the most common questions was whether they were suitable for gaming because the person asking wanted to buy one as a gift. 

As for the chicken, I found the timing of the TSV to be rather interesting since last week it was proclaimed from the rooftops there is a nationwide shortage of chicken.

Edited by letusprocrastinate
  • Like 2
  • Useful 6

Share this post


Link to post

18 minutes ago, letusprocrastinate said:

I find it hilarious that they're saying the actual retail value is over $1100 because of all the add-ons.  The HP protection is useful, and the 1-year Microsoft Office is nice, but then they add all that trial-basis bloatware to make it look like you're getting an outstanding deal. 

But at least they're finally being honest about what these laptops are capable of; I remember reading the product pages back when they were selling various HP laptops in the lead-up to Christmas and one of the most common questions was whether they were suitable for gaming because the person asking wanted to buy one as a gift. 

As for the chicken, I found the timing of the TSV to be rather interesting since last week it was proclaimed from the rooftops there is a nationwide shortage of chicken.

Let’s dissect the Corky’s TSV chicken thing... If Hulk-sized legs flooded the cyber marketplace yesterday, humongous breasts, backs, wings and thighs can’t be far behind. I can see a national shortage due to a pandemic domino effect. QVC must’ve grown their own.

  • Like 2
  • Laugh 3

Share this post


Link to post
5 minutes ago, BenchWarmer said:

Let’s dissect the Corky’s TSV chicken thing... If Hulk-sized legs flooded the cyber marketplace yesterday, humongous breasts, backs, wings and thighs can’t be far behind. I can see a national shortage due to a pandemic domino effect. QVC must’ve grown their own.

I did have a thought yesterday that ran along the lines of, "What on Earth are they feeding these chickens!?!?"

  • Like 1
  • Laugh 4
  • Surprise 2
  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
33 minutes ago, letusprocrastinate said:

I did have a thought yesterday that ran along the lines of, "What on Earth are they feeding these chickens!?!?"

I predict several Corky’s chicken-parts TSVs built around upcoming bb-Q holidays. Ginormous stuffed breasts for Father’s Day. Intoxicated bourbon wings for the 4th. Maximus thighs and strong back broth for Labor Day. Drumsticks were the entrance drug...

  • Laugh 8

Share this post


Link to post

LOgo stretch lace leggings

1980's Madonna called she wants them back 

Lori needs to go buy herself a new Birkin and let someone else do this stuff

  • Laugh 10

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, hummingbird said:

LOgo stretch lace leggings

1980's Madonna called she wants them back 

Lori needs to go buy herself a new Birkin and let someone else do this stuff

LOgo is a NOgo. ITA. I was up early and experienced overnight programming several times over. Looks like LoCo used the lace leggings as a shrug and on her arms as well...fashion’s equivalent of the Swiss Army Knife. Surprised it wasn’t also a veiled turban.

Apologies to those who find the TSV sheek. Reminds me of 50s Aunties and Grannies who wore starched and ironed housedresses. Sunday was church and family together day. Monday was wash and ironing day. I can still remember the aroma of marginally scorched cotton fresh off the ironing board.

I’m totally convinced barely-out-of-their-teens Q jr execs sit around a conference table trying to guess what TSVs grandma would find delightful. Maybe stripped down laptops? Retro housedresses? $20/lb meat? Surprise! Granny has a PhD in IT and is a venture capitalist or the Queen of England.

  • Like 2
  • Laugh 11

Share this post


Link to post
1 minute ago, BenchWarmer said:

LOgo is a NOgo. ITA. I was up early and experienced overnight programming several times over. Looks like LoCo used the lace leggings as a shrug and on her arms as well...fashion’s equivalent of the Swiss Army Knife. Surprised it wasn’t also a veiled turban.

Apologies to those who find the TSV sheek. Reminds me of 50s Aunties and Grannies who wore starched and ironed housedresses. Sunday was church and family together day. Monday was wash and ironing day. I can still remember the aroma of marginally scorched cotton fresh off the ironing board.

I’m totally convinced barely-out-of-their-teens Q jr execs sit around a conference table trying to guess what TSVs grandma would find delightful. Maybe stripped down laptops? Retro housedresses? $20/lb meat? Surprise! Granny has a PhD in IT and is a venture capitalist or the Queen of England.

the idea of a dress isn't bad and the price is OK but that hem is a  not current and the shirred pocket thing isn't my thing either, a simpler style would be better, but that isn't LoGo I guess

it is not modern or chic, sorry George 

ETA. Elbow sleeve a plus, over sleeveless or that awful capsleeve

  • Like 2
  • Laugh 1

Share this post


Link to post
9 minutes ago, hummingbird said:

the idea of a dress isn't bad and the price is OK but that hem is a  not current and the shirred pocket thing isn't my thing either, a simpler style would be better, but that isn't LoGo I guess

it is not modern or chic, sorry George 

ETA. Elbow sleeve a plus, over sleeveless or that awful capsleeve

Maybe the dipped hem allows for butt lift and the kangaroo pockets are for bagless grocery shopping. Eco AND pandemic pounds friendly.

 

  • Laugh 5

Share this post


Link to post
52 minutes ago, hummingbird said:

the idea of a dress isn't bad and the price is OK but that hem is a  not current and the shirred pocket thing isn't my thing either, a simpler style would be better, but that isn't LoGo I guess

it is not modern or chic, sorry George 

ETA. Elbow sleeve a plus, over sleeveless or that awful capsleeve

I’d rather take fashion advice from Lori than from George, he bothers me that much lol

  • Laugh 4
  • Surprise 1

Share this post


Link to post

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...

Customize font-size