SilverStormm

QVC

1 hour ago, hummingbird said:

yes,  she has really improved though

what is Shawns? 🤔

MILF. Or at least she thinks so.

• Like 1
  • Laugh 8

When I saw these, I thought they were slippers. No, they’re sandals - the “Fuzz-ee” by Koolaburra. SMH.

5A56E974-64FD-4652-9208-8830C38A4C05.thumb.jpeg.023937abb22d14ae1429a97deca7025a.jpeg

• Laugh 2
  • Surprise 4
  • Sad 1

7 minutes ago, Booney said:

When I saw these, I thought they were slippers. No, they’re sandals - the “Fuzz-ee” by Koolaburra. SMH.

5A56E974-64FD-4652-9208-8830C38A4C05.thumb.jpeg.023937abb22d14ae1429a97deca7025a.jpeg

Makes about as much sense as a cold shoulder goose down parka.

• Laugh 11

1 hour ago, Booney said:

I have seen these elsewhere.  Seem to be a thing this year.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Thumper said:

I have seen these elsewhere.  Seem to be a thing this year.

I see them on teens/early 20s. I think they look cute in them. I’d look ridiculous. 

• Like 6

4 hours ago, Booney said:

Koolaburra by UGH! 

• Laugh 10

Does anyone know what happened to “Little David”?  That Cabbage Patch doll which resembled David V.  Haven’t seen him in years, must not have been a favorite to the foodies

• Like 3

7 hours ago, Etherbunny said:

Does anyone know what happened to “Little David”?  That Cabbage Patch doll which resembled David V.  Haven’t seen him in years, must not have been a favorite to the foodies

This little guy?  Picture 1.

misc pics QVC David Venable toy David 11-08-20.jpg

They should make a solar David garden sculpture. If it lights up, people will buy it. Like this one -- just put his face on it instead of the bear or owl.

misc pics QVC David Venable garden solar animals 4 2-18-21.jpg

Edited by Coffeecup
  • Laugh 12

Hi All. Missed you! Miss laughing till I cry then wet myself. Don’t know if anyone remembers me but I sure remember all of you! Been reverse reading your posts...snark gold. As seasoned Kobe Style bull wranglers, do you have any suggestions as to what land mines I should avoid here?

• Like 18

25 minutes ago, BenchWarmer said:

Hi All. Missed you! Miss laughing till I cry then wet myself. Don’t know if anyone remembers me but I sure remember all of you! Been reverse reading your posts...snark gold. As seasoned Kobe Style bull wranglers, do you have any suggestions as to what land mines I should avoid here?

Hi, @BenchWarmer!  I remember you.  Welcome Back!

• Like 9

38 minutes ago, BenchWarmer said:

How could we not remember you?  So good to hear from you!  Welcome back!

Edited by lovemesomejoolery
  • Like 10

1 hour ago, BenchWarmer said:

Welcome back!  I don't know how long you've been gone, but there are two land mines, things we are not allowed to post about any more. No posts about a certain former beauty queen QVC host who was very popular, and no posts about the hosts' children. Other than that, snark away! 

• Like 7

15 hours ago, kittygirl said:

David in my garden would be creepy.

David anywhere would be creepy lol

• Like 2
  • Laugh 5

Anyone buy yesterday’s TSV? Love the chicken upsell shtick. Being a million years old, I can remember when chicken was 69cents/lb. Wings were 39cents/lb and considered greasy meatless throw-aways. I’ve never tried Corky’s, so maybe I’m a culinary Neanderthal. No offense to Neanderthals.

Today’s TSV is a gut buster as well... Pricey HP computers built for email and candy crush only? OAP spiel specifically states these are bottom feeding machines not fit for anything beyond casual use.

• Like 4
  • Laugh 6

2 minutes ago, BenchWarmer said:

Anyone buy yesterday’s TSV? Love the chicken upsell shtick. Being a million years old, I can remember when chicken was 69cents/lb. Wings were 39cents/lb and considered greasy meatless throw-aways. I’ve never tried Corky’s, so maybe I’m a culinary Neanderthal. No offense to Neanderthals.

Today’s TSV is a gut buster as well... Pricey HP computers built for email and candy crush only? OAP spiel specifically states these are bottom feeding machines not fit for anything beyond casual use.

LOL, so they're catfish computers.

misc pics animals catfish with long whiskers 1.jpg

• Like 2
  • Laugh 8

20 minutes ago, Coffeecup said:

Welcome back!  I don't know how long you've been gone, but there are two land mines, things we are not allowed to post about any more. No posts about a certain former beauty queen QVC host who was very popular, and no posts about the hosts' children. Other than that, snark away! 

Thanks @Coffeecup! Good to know house rules before I soil the furniture.

• Laugh 11

24 minutes ago, BenchWarmer said:

I find it hilarious that they're saying the actual retail value is over $1100 because of all the add-ons.  The HP protection is useful, and the 1-year Microsoft Office is nice, but then they add all that trial-basis bloatware to make it look like you're getting an outstanding deal. 

But at least they're finally being honest about what these laptops are capable of; I remember reading the product pages back when they were selling various HP laptops in the lead-up to Christmas and one of the most common questions was whether they were suitable for gaming because the person asking wanted to buy one as a gift. 

As for the chicken, I found the timing of the TSV to be rather interesting since last week it was proclaimed from the rooftops there is a nationwide shortage of chicken.

Edited by letusprocrastinate
  • Like 2
  • Useful 6

18 minutes ago, letusprocrastinate said:

I find it hilarious that they're saying the actual retail value is over $1100 because of all the add-ons.  The HP protection is useful, and the 1-year Microsoft Office is nice, but then they add all that trial-basis bloatware to make it look like you're getting an outstanding deal. 

But at least they're finally being honest about what these laptops are capable of; I remember reading the product pages back when they were selling various HP laptops in the lead-up to Christmas and one of the most common questions was whether they were suitable for gaming because the person asking wanted to buy one as a gift. 

As for the chicken, I found the timing of the TSV to be rather interesting since last week it was proclaimed from the rooftops there is a nationwide shortage of chicken.

Let’s dissect the Corky’s TSV chicken thing... If Hulk-sized legs flooded the cyber marketplace yesterday, humongous breasts, backs, wings and thighs can’t be far behind. I can see a national shortage due to a pandemic domino effect. QVC must’ve grown their own.

• Like 2
  • Laugh 3

5 minutes ago, BenchWarmer said:

Let’s dissect the Corky’s TSV chicken thing... If Hulk-sized legs flooded the cyber marketplace yesterday, humongous breasts, backs, wings and thighs can’t be far behind. I can see a national shortage due to a pandemic domino effect. QVC must’ve grown their own.

I did have a thought yesterday that ran along the lines of, "What on Earth are they feeding these chickens!?!?"

• Like 1
  • Laugh 4
  • Surprise 2
  • Sad 1

33 minutes ago, letusprocrastinate said:

I did have a thought yesterday that ran along the lines of, "What on Earth are they feeding these chickens!?!?"

I predict several Corky’s chicken-parts TSVs built around upcoming bb-Q holidays. Ginormous stuffed breasts for Father’s Day. Intoxicated bourbon wings for the 4th. Maximus thighs and strong back broth for Labor Day. Drumsticks were the entrance drug...

• Laugh 8

LOgo stretch lace leggings

1980's Madonna called she wants them back 

Lori needs to go buy herself a new Birkin and let someone else do this stuff

• Laugh 10

1 hour ago, hummingbird said:

LOgo stretch lace leggings

1980's Madonna called she wants them back 

Lori needs to go buy herself a new Birkin and let someone else do this stuff

LOgo is a NOgo. ITA. I was up early and experienced overnight programming several times over. Looks like LoCo used the lace leggings as a shrug and on her arms as well...fashion’s equivalent of the Swiss Army Knife. Surprised it wasn’t also a veiled turban.

Apologies to those who find the TSV sheek. Reminds me of 50s Aunties and Grannies who wore starched and ironed housedresses. Sunday was church and family together day. Monday was wash and ironing day. I can still remember the aroma of marginally scorched cotton fresh off the ironing board.

I’m totally convinced barely-out-of-their-teens Q jr execs sit around a conference table trying to guess what TSVs grandma would find delightful. Maybe stripped down laptops? Retro housedresses? $20/lb meat? Surprise! Granny has a PhD in IT and is a venture capitalist or the Queen of England.

• Like 2
  • Laugh 11

1 minute ago, BenchWarmer said:

LOgo is a NOgo. ITA. I was up early and experienced overnight programming several times over. Looks like LoCo used the lace leggings as a shrug and on her arms as well...fashion’s equivalent of the Swiss Army Knife. Surprised it wasn’t also a veiled turban.

Apologies to those who find the TSV sheek. Reminds me of 50s Aunties and Grannies who wore starched and ironed housedresses. Sunday was church and family together day. Monday was wash and ironing day. I can still remember the aroma of marginally scorched cotton fresh off the ironing board.

I’m totally convinced barely-out-of-their-teens Q jr execs sit around a conference table trying to guess what TSVs grandma would find delightful. Maybe stripped down laptops? Retro housedresses? $20/lb meat? Surprise! Granny has a PhD in IT and is a venture capitalist or the Queen of England.

the idea of a dress isn't bad and the price is OK but that hem is a  not current and the shirred pocket thing isn't my thing either, a simpler style would be better, but that isn't LoGo I guess

it is not modern or chic, sorry George 

ETA. Elbow sleeve a plus, over sleeveless or that awful capsleeve

• Like 2
  • Laugh 1

9 minutes ago, hummingbird said:

the idea of a dress isn't bad and the price is OK but that hem is a  not current and the shirred pocket thing isn't my thing either, a simpler style would be better, but that isn't LoGo I guess

Maybe the dipped hem allows for butt lift and the kangaroo pockets are for bagless grocery shopping. Eco AND pandemic pounds friendly.

• Laugh 5

52 minutes ago, hummingbird said:

I’d rather take fashion advice from Lori than from George, he bothers me that much lol

• Laugh 4
  • Surprise 1

37 minutes ago, Etherbunny said:

I’d rather take fashion advice from Lori than from George, he bothers me that much lol

Whatever happened to Cold Shoulder (code shoder in Amy Stran speak) George? Everyone copied his novel designs...then...poof!

• Like 1
  • Laugh 2

That TS dress looks like it could have a D&Co label, Anybody, Cuddl duds...

Seems Lori is easing out of the designing after her contract deal. Dress is ubiquitous, lace leggings are Lori. 

• Like 6

29 minutes ago, LeeDenny said:

That TS dress looks like it could have a D&Co label, Anybody, Cuddl duds...

Seems Lori is easing out of the designing after her contract deal. Dress is ubiquitous, lace leggings are Lori. 

I’m a little late to the party. What contract deal? *oops. 

A few months ago Lori confessed that sometimes she had to do a lot of celebrity client convincing back in her stylist days. Even bizarro rock-n-rollers found her styling to be beyond their crazy threshold.

*researched...Xcel Brands acquired LOGO in April

Edited by BenchWarmer · Reason: Too much coffee
  • Like 5
  • Laugh 1

Lori's company was purchased last month by Xcel Brands, the company that also owns Isaac.  Needless to say she made out well financially and is now a paid Xcel employee spokesperson for the brand. 

• Like 3

28 minutes ago, JohnnyStar5 said:

Lori's company was purchased last month by Xcel Brands, the company that also owns Isaac.  Needless to say she made out well financially and is now a paid Xcel employee spokesperson for the brand. 

I didn’t know this but knew something was up when Isaac and Logo Rags are always on

• Like 3
  • Sad 1

One reason Martha Stewart isn't on QVC - she's busy designing Bic lighters, which will be available at Wal-Mart starting in July.  She even got her friend Snoop to do a commercial with her about them!

Says Snoop:  They're perfect for grills, candles and so much more!

Edited by lovemesomejoolery
  • Laugh 14
  • Surprise 1

her stuff was good on Q wonder why she left or they ditched her

her clothing was talked about positively on the boards 

• Like 5

6 hours ago, lovemesomejoolery said:

One reason Martha Stewart isn't on QVC - she's busy designing Bic lighters, which will be available at Wal-Mart starting in July.  She even got her friend Snoop to do a commercial with her about them!

Says Snoop:  They're perfect for grills, candles and so much more!

Jailbirds of a feather...

Re Wal-Martha’s possible Q poof:  Good ol’ Marty never let an honest business relationship get in the way of her cash register. Back in the day, Walmart, KMart, Macy’s and HSN were serially dumped for the next. Was the Q jilted for her ex, Walmart, and their pyro shoppers? Or are we merely waiting for her cargo ship of off-shore-manufactured Q Qrap to be unstuck from some muddy port?

Edited by BenchWarmer · Reason: Because
  • Useful 2
  • Laugh 2

If I hear JRT say she has the chills about one more stupid thing...

• Like 2
  • Laugh 13

The LOGO TSV (for posterity, A-397297) seems like one of those TSVs where people put them in the cart and they crow about number sold and then the numbers drop after people change their minds.

Earlier today a host said they had sold 37,000 but they've got plenty still available at 9:30 eastern, including the vast majority in sizes showing up in green, and Lori and Amy are doing a really hard sell.

Edit to add:  Lori just said about the Azure Blue solid she was wearing, "You can only pick 3 solids, you're like, what are you going to do?  And we were...if you only knew how many paint chips we picked."  Interesting...

• Like 1
  • Laugh 4

So shoot me, I ordered the TSV in two sizes, petite.  When I saw one of the models, who appears bigger than me (cameras?) was in a medium, I ordered a medium too.  I ordered the green print.  

I would just like some casual dresses.  The gathers on the side and in the back should be ok.  I have a flat butt.  Depends on how my stomach looks!  It may be horrible or it may be fine!  Will report back.

Edited by Thumper
  • Like 15

4 minutes ago, Thumper said:

So shoot me, I ordered the TSV in two sizes, petite.  When I saw one of the models, who appears bigger than me (cameras?) was in a medium, I ordered a medium too.  I ordered the green print.  

I would just like some casual dresses.  The gathers on the side and in the back should be ok.  I have a flat butt.  Depends on how my stomach looks!  It may be horrible or it may be fine!  Will report back.

Go for it.  I'm also on Team Casual Dresses, but I know the TSV would not work out for me. 

• Like 7

3 minutes ago, letusprocrastinate said:

Go for it.  I'm also on Team Casual Dresses, but I know the TSV would not work out for me. 

Amy looked really nice in the Rene Greenstein dress with the panel across the middle. I really considered it in black. 🤔

• Like 7

1 hour ago, Thumper said:

Haven’t seen this on the show (Shawn — blecchhhh), but in each photo on line the top is either knotted, tucked in, or half-tucked.   Not a good sign for me.   I would like to see it untucked.  

https://www.qvc.com/Candace-Cameron-Bure-Linen-Blend-Henley-Tee.product.A396646.html?sc=IROA

I interpret that as there is something wrong with the fit or cut that they are trying to hide.

• Like 4
  • Useful 3

14 hours ago, BenchWarmer said:

Whatever happened to Cold Shoulder (code shoder in Amy Stran speak) 

I laughed SO HARD at this comment!

Thank you for the wee bit of extra snark about something that never ceases to annoy me. I will gladly think of you when I happen to stumble upon her cawwing something a code shoder item.

• Like 3
  • Laugh 9

6 hours ago, Thumper said:

ITA, nothing beats a casual summer dress for an easy pulled together look. Here’s hoping your TSVs work well for you. The evening models were styled well and looked great.

I must say JRT got her money’s worth by filling out every nook, cranny and expandable side pleat of her blue number...later to be complimented by stuffing her upper torso into a size xxxsmall fully buttoned denim sausage casing disguised as a jacket.

• Laugh 11

Is Jen Coffey aware that she makes about 500 faces in a five minute span? She looks good in most of the clothes though because she skinny. If you are skinny you can make any of the clothes from the Q look good. Except for the ugly Logo stuff. Nobody in an size looks good in her crap. 

I saw Candice Cameron last night and it looks like she is the new new queen of fashion because her stuff is flying out the door. Granted her stuff is so casual it would sell in general but her line is exploding. She has a quite a fan base. There were one or two things I gave a look at but I’m way older and I don’t think I could carry her stuff off. LOL!!!!!!

• Like 5
  • Laugh 2

Hey now! 😁.  Amy looks good in Logo.  Jayne Brown looks good in Logo.  I even look good in some Logo! 😁

Edited by Thumper
  • Like 8

1 hour ago, Thumper said:

Amy looks good in Logo.  Jayne Brown looks good in Logo.  I even look good in some Logo! 😁

Yeah, blanket statements, not unlike blankets themselves, don't fit everyone.

• Like 1
  • Useful 1

Watching Susan Graver now (semi cold day in Philly....at least for me.....LOL!!!) and, she’s hawking set of 2 tank tops for $47.98 which actually are kind of pretty. The thing I noticed and haven’t seen it in years is Quantity Ordered counter. It was at 1723 when I last checked. Have I’ve been missing a counter clock? I can’t recall the last time I’ve seen it. I know the host mention it but I guess I don’t pay attention to the screen (mostly background noise for me) and, it’s been done for a while. Anyhoo, the tops are rather tasteful. I think I’ll buy them. It has to get HOT sometime, right? Happy Saturday y’all.

• Like 5

4 hours ago, ByaNose said:

Is Jen Coffey aware that she makes about 500 faces in a five minute span? She looks good in most of the clothes though because she skinny. If you are skinny you can make any of the clothes from the Q look good. Except for the ugly Logo stuff. Nobody in an size looks good in her crap. 

I saw Candice Cameron last night and it looks like she is the new new queen of fashion because her stuff is flying out the door. Granted her stuff is so casual it would sell in general but her line is exploding. She has a quite a fan base. There were one or two things I gave a look at but I’m way older and I don’t think I could carry her stuff off. LOL!!!!!!

CCB does have some nice things, but like so much fashion on the Q, I find the prices ridiculous.  Then add in shipping and handling and it's beyond insane.  I'll keep my hard earned dollars for things reasonably priced.  

• Like 5

1 hour ago, ByaNose said:

Watching Susan Graver now (semi cold day in Philly....at least for me.....LOL!!!) and, she’s hawking set of 2 tank tops for $47.98 which actually are kind of pretty. The thing I noticed and haven’t seen it in years is Quantity Ordered counter. It was at 1723 when I last checked. Have I’ve been missing a counter clock? I can’t recall the last time I’ve seen it. I know the host mention it but I guess I don’t pay attention to the screen (mostly background noise for me) and, it’s been done for a while. Anyhoo, the tops are rather tasteful. I think I’ll buy them. It has to get HOT sometime, right? Happy Saturday y’all.

One day I noticed a timer clock!  It's been a long time since I've seen the clock count down, too.

19 hours ago, Thumper said:

Haven’t seen this on the show (Shawn — blecchhhh), but in each photo on line the top is either knotted, tucked in, or half-tucked.   Not a good sign for me.   I would like to see it untucked.  

https://www.qvc.com/Candace-Cameron-Bure-Linen-Blend-Henley-Tee.product.A396646.html?sc=IROA

Here it is. QVC didn't put Shawn's video on the website, but the presentation was on their YouTube live stream. (Complete with Shawn's nose wipe.)

misc pics Shawn Killinger nose wipe Candace Henley shirt 1 5-07-21.jpg

Edited by Coffeecup
  • Like 1