Forums forums
PRIMETIMER
SilverStormm

QVC

I saw/heard MaryBeth say they hired 3 new host and she introduced one of them. A female who’s name I can’t recall. I’m assuming the other two are woman since QVC hates male host. LOL!!! 

Watching the Food Network the past few days,  I've seen ads for QVC several times. Q must be desperate now since they are marketing on other networks. I'm not sure I've ever seen that. I found QVC accidentally by channel surfing.

In their ad they show items I wouldn't buy (like a purse that is held like a lantern) and brands I have yet to see but I'm already unimpressed. They show Shawn and Sandra presenting items and acting like it's one big party with models and OAPs. 

• Like 3
  • Useful 2
  • Sad 1

a whole day of seeing those burgers being cut, squeezed and stacked, 

the stacking must be some kind of sales thing what it is supposed to show is beyond me 

• Like 12

6 minutes ago, hummingbird said:

what it is supposed to show is beyond me 

Shows many meat patties oozing, as opposed to one single patty oozing.

What are you, daft?

• Laugh 13

13 hours ago, TexasTiffany said:

Watching the Food Network the past few days,  I've seen ads for QVC several times. Q must be desperate now since they are marketing on other networks. I'm not sure I've ever seen that. I found QVC accidentally by channel surfing.

In their ad they show items I wouldn't buy (like a purse that is held like a lantern) and brands I have yet to see but I'm already unimpressed. They show Shawn and Sandra presenting items and acting like it's one big party with models and OAPs. 

What times of day were you seeing these ads?  Have you seen them on the weekends too, especially daytime weekends, when their viewership tends to be highest? 

21 minutes ago, letusprocrastinate said:

What times of day were you seeing these ads?  Have you seen them on the weekends too, especially daytime weekends, when their viewership tends to be highest? 

IIRC, I started seeing them last Saturday in the afternoon. Monday and Tuesday afternoon also. 

• Useful 1

I must not get out enough but I’ve never heard Wagyu Kobe Style Beef. Should I have? I guess this isn’t sold at my local Giant. So, if I buy the 12 count it breaks down to $5.83166667. I guess that isn’t horrible. I think our local Five Guys (Philly area) is about that for a burger I believe but is it Wagyu Kobe? That’s the question. LOL!!!! It’s currently 88 degrees here (not far from QVC) and, I hope everyone has a great day. 

• Like 4
  • Laugh 1

7 hours ago, letusprocrastinate said:

I've seen some QVC commercials as well. I couldn't tell you when or where, but I just noticed because I never saw them before. 

• Like 5

1 hour ago, ByaNose said:

I must not get out enough but I’ve never heard Wagyu Kobe Style Beef. Should I have? I guess this isn’t sold at my local Giant. So, if I buy the 12 count it breaks down to $5.83166667. I guess that isn’t horrible. I think our local Five Guys (Philly area) is about that for a burger I believe but is it Wagyu Kobe? That’s the question. LOL!!!! It’s currently 88 degrees here (not far from QVC) and, I hope everyone has a great day. 

You're not going to find it at Giant  😉

Waygu (literally, "Japanese cow") beef is produced by four breeds of Japanese cattle.  Kobe is one because of the region it usually comes from.  The Japanese take the reputation of the beef produced very seriously.  As a result, it's highly regulated. 

Said cattle do get exported to other countries, such as the US.  Kobe-style means crossbreeding between cattle which by the definition would produce Kobe beef and American cattle, usually Aberdeen.  Essentially you're getting dual-citizenship beef, which is why Q and Rastelli have to use that phrasing.  There are producers in the US which produce straight-up Waygu but that is a heckuva lot more expensive to buy. 

One feature of Waygu and the crossbreeds is marbling and therefore high fat content. 

Edited by letusprocrastinate
  • Like 1
  • Useful 10

6 minutes ago, letusprocrastinate said:

You're not going to find it at Giant  😉

Waygu (literally, "Japanese cow") beef is produced by four breeds of Japanese cattle.  Kobe is one because of the region it usually comes from.  The Japanese take the reputation of the beef produced very seriously.  As a result, it's highly regulated. 

Said cattle do get exported to other countries, such as the US.  Kobe-style means crossbreeding between cattle which by the definition would produce Kobe beef and American cattle, usually Aberdeen.  Essentially you're getting dual-citizenship beef.  There are places in the US that produce straight-up Waygu but that is a heckuva lot more expensive to buy.

One feature of Waygu and the crossbreeds is marbling and therefore high fat content.

Thanks for the info. Who knew? I will pass and stick with my frozen patties or cheap ground beef. That said, the outdoor QVC set is really nice. I’d love to have that backyard.

• Like 6

I knew it is considered very “high end,” but I didn’t really know why. Thanks for the explanation!

• Like 4

17 minutes ago, ByaNose said:

Thanks for the info. Who knew? I will pass and stick with my frozen patties or cheap ground beef. That said, the outdoor QVC set is really nice. I’d love to have that backyard.

15 minutes ago, Thumper said:

I knew it is considered very “high end,” but I didn’t really know why. Thanks for the explanation!

You're welcome!

If you asked me, not that you would but I'll answer anyway, if you could travel overseas to get world-class beef on a regular basis my answer would be to go to Japan and Argentina.

• Like 1
  • Useful 6

52 minutes ago, emmawoodhouse said:

What exactly is Wagyu Kobe STYLE beef? What's the fake out? 

"Unfortunately, while “Kobe” beef is trademarked in Japan, that trademark does not extend outside the country’s borders. Many shady restaurants, grocery stores, and wholesalers will attempt to sell non-authentic Wagyu beef and steaks as “Kobe,” “Kobe-Style,” or “Wagyu” in order to charge higher prices."

https://www.mychicagosteak.com/steak-university/wagyu-kobe-beef-difference/

Edited by RubberbandGirl
  • Like 4
  • Useful 7

8 minutes ago, RubberbandGirl said:

"Unfortunately, while “Kobe” beef is trademarked in Japan, that trademark does not extend outside the country’s borders. Many shady restaurants, grocery stores, and wholesalers will attempt to sell non-authentic Wagyu beef and steaks as “Kobe,” “Kobe-Style,” or “Wagyu” in order to charge higher prices."

https://www.mychicagosteak.com/steak-university/wagyu-kobe-beef-difference/

Thanks.  Absolutely an important thing to know.

• Like 6

1 hour ago, letusprocrastinate said:

You're welcome!

If you asked me, not that you would but I'll answer anyway, if you could travel overseas to get world-class beef on a regular basis my answer would be to go to Japan and Argentina.

I have a friend who went to Argentina for a week. She and her husband did nothing but grill various cuts of beef for their vacay.

• Like 7

We have close friends who are from Argentina - they moved here to the US in 2001.  Watching them barbecue meat is really a thing of beauty.  It's very simple - salt and pepper.  With chimichurri sauce (oil, vinegar, parsley and garlic) on the side, usually.  Of course, they complain that beef here is not as good, cuts of beef here are very different....fortunately for us, they have friends who own an Argentine grocery store, so they have a "source".

And, of course, it's nothing but meat at their barbecues.  No sides - LOL!  Maybe a salad?  Argentinians are very meat-centric. 

Edited by lovemesomejoolery
  • Like 8
  • Useful 1

17 minutes ago, lovemesomejoolery said:

We have close friends who are from Argentina - they moved here to the US in 2001.  Watching them barbecue meat is really a thing of beauty.  It's very simple - salt and pepper.  With chimichurri sauce (oil, vinegar, parsley and garlic) on the side, usually.  Of course, they complain that beef here is not as good, cuts of beef here are very different....fortunately for us, they have friends who own an Argentine grocery store, so they have a "source".

And, of course, it's nothing but meat at their barbecues.  No sides - LOL!  Maybe a salad?  Argentinians are very meat-centric. 

Probably complaining about prices for decent Malbec too...

• Like 2

Watching Q2 with a “blouson” swimsuit top.  Note to all swimsuit designers, from a tummy-challenged person:  YOU ARE NOT FOOLING US!  A blouson screams “ I have a belly!!!!”        Now Stop It!   

• Like 1
  • Laugh 7

3 hours ago, Thumper said:

They drink champagne.

• Like 2

On 4/27/2021 at 10:26 AM, HissyFit said:

I was interested in the DynaTrap TSV to repel mosquitoes from my outdoor dining table, but the 2/$39 price includes only a half dozen 6-hour scent pads. Using both "candles" for an afternoon-to-evening cookout, that's only three uses! Three uses for 40 bucks? No, thanks. For the TSV, they should have included several dozen refills.

I was interested in that too until I saw how many refills are in it. Sounds like I could spend a small fortune on those refills every summer. I passed.

• Like 5

So interesting listening to the background information from people here about the Waygu and Kobe beef.

Started me wondering about Kobe Bryant, the late great NBA player who was killed in a helicopter crash with many, including his daughter.

He was named Kobe after the famous beef of Japan. His parents saw it on a restaurant menu...hah! And now you know...the rest of the story. 😊

• Like 2
  • Useful 4
  • Surprise 1
  • Sad 1

I must say Katia looks stunning this morning. She has her up & tussled looking and wearing one of Graver’s printed tops off the shoulder. Oh! To be young and thin. Really though she looks amazing. It’s funny how Graver’s clothes look like Dolce & Gabbana compared to the god awful and ugly LOVO stuff. 

• Like 3

Sounds like the newly-created I Love QVC Facebook group contains plenty of people who would rather express why they don't love QVC (ie. whole lotta complaining going on).

• Laugh 12

They are just spittin’ in the wind. Props to them for trying though. 

• Laugh 3

My God!  The rules on that "I Love QVC" Facebook group!

If you feel compelled to have to post rules saying you can't bash QVC - IN AN "I LOVE QVC" Facebook GROUP (imagine me yelling that part), you know you've got a problem! 

Here are a few of my favorite ones:

Be Kind - Negativity is not welcomed here

No Bashing QVC as a whole, not the hosts, guests or customer service. Keep opinions to yourself regarding hosts appearances, product pricing, where products are made or any general negativity.

No Pandemic Negativity

We are in a pandemic, the world is different. No posts regarding slow ship times, long customer service hold time, hosts not being able to eat the food or mentioning “social distance” or wearing masks

(my comment here:  Interesting that they continue to want to say all of their "problems" are due to it being a pandemic and that the "world is different".  The world hasn't been all that "different", with respect to delivery and order issues, at any other place I shop!)

No Venting Complaints or Order Issues to the Group

If you dislike the way QVC does something or have a problem with your orders please contact customer service and keep the negativity out of our group. Thank you!

Edited by lovemesomejoolery
  • Laugh 9
  • Surprise 7

It sounds like people aren’t following those rules! 😂

• Like 1
  • Laugh 7

54 minutes ago, lovemesomejoolery said:

If you feel compelled to have to post rules saying you can't bash QVC - IN AN "I LOVE QVC" Facebook GROUP (imagine me yelling that part), you know you've got a problem! 

No Bashing QVC as a whole, not the hosts, guests or customer service. Keep opinions to yourself regarding hosts appearances, product pricing, where products are made or any general negativity.

No Pandemic Negativity

We are in a pandemic, the world is different. No posts regarding slow ship times, long customer service hold time, hosts not being able to eat the food or mentioning “social distance” or wearing masks

(my comment here:  Interesting that they continue to want to say all of their "problems" are due to it being a pandemic and that the "world is different".  The world hasn't been all that "different", with respect to delivery and order issues, at any other place I shop!)

If you dislike the way QVC does something or have a problem with your orders please contact customer service and keep the negativity out of our group. Thank you!

Rules like the on the internet are almost begging for negative comments.

• Like 1
  • Laugh 7

I'd like to know if the rules were there from the beginning and people have been ignoring them or if they had to add them soon after they realized that the "I Love QVC" Facebook group was not turning into the bastion of sunshine, lollipops, and rainbows they envisioned and they set themselves up for the loveqvc hashtag to be an object of mockery.

• Like 7
  • Useful 2

I call those who would happily participate on that Facebook page "QVC Angels."

They tolerate no negative comments about the Q Mothership and swoop down and smack violators on the head.

• Like 6
  • Laugh 2

Good grief, with all those rules, what is there left to say?  They'll have to just repeat "QVC is so wonderful and I love it so much. The End."🙄

• Like 2
  • Laugh 7

37 minutes ago, Coffeecup said:

Good grief, with all those rules, what is there left to say?  They'll have to just repeat "QVC is so wonderful and I love it so much. The End."🙄

My guess is that FB page is not long for this world due to this ^^^ and banning anyone who isn’t following the draconian rules.

• Like 5

3 hours ago, lovemesomejoolery said:

No Pandemic Negativity

Sounds like this group is ounces of fun.

• Laugh 7

18 minutes ago, Friday said:

Sounds like this group is ounces of fun.

Sounds like a cult. 😇🤫

• Like 3
  • Laugh 3

I joined !😂.  It’s not that bad.  So far I have seen discussion of items, photos of members in clothing, questions about upcoming TSVs.  I look at photos and think “ boy the QVC audience is old!”  Of course I guess I’m in that demographic too!  😂. ( No photos ...)

Edited by Thumper
  • Useful 1
  • Laugh 7

5 minutes ago, Thumper said:

I joined !😂.  It’s not that bad.  So far I have seen discussion of items, photos of members in clothing, questions about upcoming TSVs.  I look at photos and think “ boy the QVC audience is old!”  Of course I guess I’m in that demographic too, I guess!😂. ( No photos ...)

I did too, just to check it out, I won’t be there long. 

• Like 6

11 hours ago, lovemesomejoolery said:

No Pandemic Negativity

Why didn't they call it "Lemmings Love QVC"?

I wouldn't be welcome on their forum. My latest problem with an order was it took 8 days of me going to "order status" and clicking the "cancel" button on that item for them to officially change it as CANCELED. 

Let me try... I LOVE my lock'n'locks I ordered, but it took 6 weeks to get them. Nope, I wouldn't be there long. 

Edited by TexasTiffany
  • Like 6
  • Laugh 2

No green thumb?  The faux tomato plant we discussed here at some point is on 'Lunchtime Specials' for $8.47........get it while it's H-O-T !

image.png.87c78620ac557bee23a7f1957754e8d6.png

• Like 1
  • Laugh 11

17 hours ago, Booney said:

My guess is that FB page is not long for this world due to this ^^^ and banning anyone who isn’t following the draconian rules.

Is Twitter guy the moderator?

image.png.d88b063365e6e372eb9cd3807c72bb19.png

• Laugh 8

20 hours ago, lovemesomejoolery said:

"I Love QVC" Facebook group

What they envisioned:

image.png.056058e5fa00158ef3fb28f7ce20bd1c.png

The reality:

image.png.b28f5d34bc1af7681e75b11e4f13faf3.png

• Laugh 13

1 hour ago, lovemesomejoolery said:

No green thumb?  The faux tomato plant we discussed here at some point is on 'Lunchtime Specials' for $8.47........get it while it's H-O-T !

image.png.87c78620ac557bee23a7f1957754e8d6.png

Kinda like seein’ an old friend. This time, I might go for it. 😊

• Like 7

2 hours ago, From Where I Sit said:

Kinda like seein’ an old friend. This time, I might go for it. 😊

If it's speaking to you, go for it.

I don't have as much time to garden right now but I miss having flowers on my balcony. This year I'm trying something really different. I ordered artificial flowering boxwood plants (for outdoors) from Amazon. They aren't real, so what. I'm only trying to please myself. 

• Like 9

The faux boxwoods can pass for real. That former host made a business out of faux flower arrangements! 

• Like 5

Another Bose Wave IV TSV tomorrow!?

Looks like the same model that was a TSV not long ago and HSN did a TS on the IV also recently. 

• Like 1
  • Surprise 2
  • Sad 3

“Something special” coming on Sunday. Generally means free shipping or EZ Pay. If it is free shipping again, hopefully the website can handle it this time. During the free shipping day last weekend, took me several tries throughout the day to place my order. Their website continues to be awful.

• Like 4
  • Sad 2