Forums forums
PRIMETIMER
SilverStormm

QVC

Gosh, looks like Greasy Moron was so late rushing yo the set this morning that she accidentally forgot to put her dress on over her slip!!

nightgown.jpg

• Like 24

3 hours ago, CueVeeCeeGirl said:

I'm not seeing how the TSV is faux fur. It looks just like fleece. I mean who would ever mistake that for fur?

It looks like shaved fur (they used to do that quite often) or perhaps faux seal fur.

Women used to wear those types of fur to avoid the bulk of regular fur.

• Like 8

5 minutes ago, mpeeps said:

Basso's TSV also looks like a Berkshire blanket converted into a jacket!  LOL!

Yes!!   That’s it.  

My apologies to those who like it but Basso’s coats’ quality has gone down hill.  They all look fake. For that price I want the coat to look real.   Caught the show last night for a minute.  He was showing a faux leather jacket and it looked fake. If it looked that bad on TV, pretty sure it looks awful in person. 

I have a faux shearling jacket i bought from Basso and the Q years ago.  It looks real and still looks good.  Bought another coat a few years ago.  Quality is no where near as good.  

• Like 14

4 hours ago, SuprSuprElevated said:

Josie didn't bother getting dressed this morning.  Have nightgown, will shill.

Screenshot (3).png

And Jayne is as covered up as she can be, so she doesn't have to spread any of that goop on herself. ?

• Like 20

1 hour ago, LGGirl said:

Yes!!   That’s it.  

My apologies to those who like it but Basso’s coats’ quality has gone down hill.  They all look fake. For that price I want the coat to look real.   Caught the show last night for a minute.  He was showing a faux leather jacket and it looked fake. If it looked that bad on TV, pretty sure it looks awful in person. 

I have a faux shearling jacket i bought from Basso and the Q years ago.  It looks real and still looks good.  Bought another coat a few years ago.  Quality is no where near as good.  

I ordered a Basso vest recently and the faux leather portions looked nothing like leather. I have seen much more convincing pleather even in  junk juniors garments.  The faux fur on the Basso was lovely though. But the fit was boxy so I went it back.

On what planet does that panel resemble leather lol? Someone in the reviews said it looks like frozen chocolate that was in the freezer too long lol.

5a301fdea0aba_ScreenShot2017-12-12at1_28_31PM.png.a3f429ecfad12b68b55274c126899257.png

Edited by CueVeeCeeGirl
  • Like 15

Brunette Maria, dressed head to toe in black (including stockings and shoes) with the fit-and-flare Basso dress, looked like a Sicilian widow from 1948.

Dennis told Mary D. "I'm afraid of Shawn"

1972 called, Jill.  It wants your peasant skirt back.

• Like 23

I wonder of those cute little skater girls are getting dizzy from skating on such a small rink?

I kind of like this outdoor concept, though.  The little glass tabletop fires are cool.

Of course the daughters are there.  Oldest daughter's Basso TSV was long on her arms but looked like she couldn't snap it.  Aaaaaand there's a sister Chrissy shout out! ???

Can't believe that shiny GILI cross body bag is $100. But she said it could be used as a makeup bag too!! ?

JRT is in her element!  

Edited by Thumper
  • Like 19

I'm not watching, just checking in occasionally, but I don't mind the outdoor theme of Jane's show.  It's a helluva lot more interesting than the boring drivel they've been broadcasting for 60+ days, IMO.

I really like that watch/bracelet combo, but I am NOT a buyer at $120 bux.

Edited by SuprSuprElevated
  • Like 12

I'm really enjoying keeping Jane's Posh Presents Show on.  I thought it might be hokey, but I think it's kind of fun.  It certainly is something different from the norm, even if the products aren't - lol!!

PS&BTW  I really liked that plaid skirt David Dangle presented - first product out of the gate.  I'd wear it in a heartbeat!

Edited by Fishy · Reason: typos, always typos
  • Like 17

21 hours ago, Gracie615 said:

Saturday morning my Keurig broke. A piece inside it cracked off. I thought it was strangely coincidental that it was the TSV. Before I spent money, I tried one last resort call to Keurig. So I'm here to say, the customer service is excellent and they are replacing the broken part (which snaps out, who knew) for FREE. So, I saved at least $100 on that deal. 

Their customer service is notoriously good!

• Like 9

Agree that blabbys  posh presents is a nice change. It is fun and different. Last year it was more over the top. Still great snark this year. 

At least someone gave a shit in putting this show together.

And not a flashlight or surge protector in sight.

Shittish is going to host the dennis and Jill show later? 

• Like 14

11 hours ago, CueVeeCeeGirl said:

I'm not seeing how the TSV is faux fur. It looks just like fleece. I mean who would ever mistake that for fur?

To me the gray one looks like a bathrobe.  

I see RLM didn’t bother to wash his hair for the Posh Party.  

• Like 14

20 minutes ago, Fishy said:

I'm really enjoying keeping Jane's Posh Presents Show on.  I thought it might be hokey, but I think it's kind of fun.  It certainly is something different from the norm, even if the products aren't - lol!!

PS&BTW  I really liked that plaid skirt David Dangle presented - first product out of the gate.  I'd wear it in a heartbeat!

Agree.  Jane's enthusiasm works well here.

I liked that plaid skirt too, but I know it would not look good on me.

Also liked that Diamonique watch and bracelet set.  I just want the watch, though!  I think JRT said it was new today.   I don't watch Diamonique shows, so I wouldn't know.

Cool bracelet by RLM.  Not for me, but cool and simple.

• Like 10

8 hours ago, Jaded said:

Really interesting and informative.  I think this hit me like a brick for some reason - "Dennis Basso is hunting for cookies. The 62-year-old Manhattan-based fashion designer, known for his luxe furs,..."  I would have never guessed him to be 62.  I really would have thought him to be in his late 60's.  Maybe it's the silver hair?

8 hours ago, Snark Byte said:

It looks like shaved fur (they used to do that quite often) or perhaps faux seal fur.

Women used to wear those types of fur to avoid the bulk of regular fur.

To me, this TSV looks very bulky.

• Like 8

2 minutes ago, SuprSuprElevated said:

Really interesting and informative.  I think this hit me like a brick for some reason - "Dennis Basso is hunting for cookies. The 62-year-old Manhattan-based fashion designer, known for his luxe furs,..."  I would have never guessed him to be 62.  I really would have thought him to be in his late 60's.  Maybe it's the silver hair?

To me, this TSV looks very bulky.

But imagine how much bulkier it would look with longer "fur".

It's all relative!

• Like 10

FYI -- Cyndi Lauper fashions on HSN right now.  I have clicked over once or twice.  Cyndi (or is it the camera lens) looks great!

MERGE!!!!!

2 minutes ago, SuprSuprElevated said:

Isaac looks straight-up stupid in that parka.  Would it have killed him to wear a nice, wool overcoat (reefer is it?)   Fish out of water.

Yeah, it's not very "cool designer" look, is it?  Yet somehow, I find it endearing in Isaac.  He must be cold and he is dressing for it! ?

Edited by Thumper
  • Like 11

31 minutes ago, Phronsie said:

To me the gray one looks like a bathrobe.  

I see RLM didn’t bother to wash his hair for the Posh Party.  

His hair ALWAYS looks dirty. GROSS!!!

• Like 7

NOTE to full-of-herself GILI Jill - the cross body bag you're selling would NOT cost $1000 elsewhere

NOTE to BASSHOLE - The faux fur coat you're selling looks like a fleece bathrobe and looks REALLY bulky. I doubt that anyone would wear it with a dressy dress. The price ($140) if the blanket you're selling is RIDICULOUS. Greedy much???

Edited by ITALIA
  • Like 6

The grey TSV is not a good look -- maybe if it were more of a charcoal (darker) grey.

Everyone looks cold!

Well done, JRT.  One of the more entertaining shows all year, with a good variety of items.

• Like 13

8 hours ago, Jaded said:

It was an interesting article. They could get every “it” designer out there, but if they’re charging $3-5 per item on shipping, they’re going to lose their customer. They should branch out more with their channels ala IQ, maybe a cooking/hgtv themed channel or a style channel that sells stuff like clothing/shoes/jewelry. 

• Like 6

Have to laugh that that guy was playing that music all show long and I never recognized one tune!!   Hee

Yes, this show was certainly better than an hour long MyPillow show.  Well done, Jane!

Edited by Fishy
  • Like 17

10 minutes ago, Thumper said:

The grey TSV is not a good look -- maybe if it were more of a charcoal (darker) grey.

Everyone looks cold!

Well done, JRT.  One of the more entertaining shows all year, with a good variety of items.

I agree about the grey choice.  It needs some variegation or something IMO.  I agree about the show too!

• Like 9

Sandra Bennett posted a picture o Wheels last host holiday luncheon, take a guess who wasn't there, good old Shawnie Sue.

• Like 15

2 hours ago, Thumper said:

I wonder of those cute little skater girls are getting dizzy from skating on such a small rink?

I kind of like this outdoor concept, though.  The little glass tabletop fires are cool.

Of course the daughters are there.  Oldest daughter's Basso TSV was long on her arms but looked like she couldn't snap it.  Aaaaaand there's a sister Chrissy shout out! ???

Can't believe that shiny GILI cross body bag is $100. But she said it could be used as a makeup bag too!! ?

JRT is in her element!  

I like the outdoor concept too.  I have to give JRT props for the love she shows to her family.  They all appear to be very close and so happy to be together.  It's so nice to see especially when most families have so much drama going on.

• Like 19

51 minutes ago, Stacey1014 said:

They should branch out more with their channels ala IQ, maybe a cooking/hgtv themed channel or a style channel that sells stuff like clothing/shoes/jewelry. 

Way back in the day (early 90s, maybe?) QVC had The Fashion Channel (I still remember the theme song, which was "The Fashion Chann-nelll ..." lol). It was all fashion and beauty, and maybe some jewelry, and I used to watch it all the time. They sure used to try to unload a lot of old old inventory on some of those fashion shows. Now I am thinking about some of those long-gone product lines. Fashion Formulas. Yves Rocher. Il-Makiage.

• Like 19

5 hours ago, Bronxie Babe said:

Brunette Maria, dressed head to toe in black (including stockings and shoes) with the fit-and-flare Basso dress, looked like a Sicilian widow from 1948.

Dennis told Mary D. "I'm afraid of Shawn"

1972 called, Jill.  It wants your peasant skirt back.

TBH, I think Jill B. looks like a Sicilian widow when she wears black (which is often).  But then again, whenever I wear black I always add a colorful accessory. This way I feel like I'm not channeling my Sicilian Nannie (no offense to my beloved grandma, or any others for that matter).

Shawn is indeed scary - and lives up to that image every time she's on the air with her crazy-ass outfits, hair and makeup. 

• Like 14

Another look at Jackie's tuna can ('scuse the buffering widget)

Can you think of a more annoying trio, vocally, than these three? (Shhhawn, Basso, GJ)  They should have thrown Rachael B in for the superfecta.

Screenshot (8).png

• Like 15

This is all so terribly awkward to watch. There is palpable tension emanating from Jill and it's all a disorganized mess. Who the hell is in charge over there?

• Like 15

7 minutes ago, sauce62 said:

This is all so terribly awkward to watch. There is palpable tension emanating from Jill and it's all a disorganized mess. Who the hell is in charge over there?

It really is a mess.  

• Like 10

2 hours ago, Lady J said:

Sandra Bennett posted a picture o Wheels last host holiday luncheon, take a guess who wasn't there, good old Shawnie Sue.

Wait! Dan is leaving? How did I miss this?! He’s been there forever. Why is he leaving now? 

• Like 6

2 hours ago, Kathcart said:

Way back in the day (early 90s, maybe?) QVC had The Fashion Channel (I still remember the theme song, which was "The Fashion Chann-nelll ..." lol). It was all fashion and beauty, and maybe some jewelry, and I used to watch it all the time. They sure used to try to unload a lot of old old inventory on some of those fashion shows. Now I am thinking about some of those long-gone product lines. Fashion Formulas. Yves Rocher. Il-Makiage.

I was shifting around summer/winter clothing and found a pair of Fashion Formula pants still in their packaging. :-) 

• Like 14

25 minutes ago, ByaNose said:

Wait! Dan is leaving? How did I miss this?! He’s been there forever. Why is he leaving now? 

Yup.  At the end of the month.  You can go to his Facebook page and watch a short video of him and Sharon.  That was his official announcement.

It was yesterday right before their food show.

• Like 10

1 hour ago, SuprSuprElevated said:

Another look at Jackie's tuna can ('scuse the buffering widget)

Can you think of a more annoying trio, vocally, than these three? (Shhhawn, Basso, GJ)  They've should have thrown Rachael B in for the superfecta.

Screenshot (8).png

I think that jacket looks nice on both of them.  I can't wear that style, unfortunately. The tuna can hairstyle though, nuh-uh. 

• Like 13

30 minutes ago, ByaNose said:

He mentioned a little bit ago that he has started a ministry, and it will keep him busy.  His new FB will be Dan Wheeler, Public Figure.

• Like 9

I liked the Posh show too!  I only caught the last half hour (had our office Christmas party tonight).  It was bitterly cold and windy here in PA tonight!  The temps really dipped and the winds picked up in what seemed like a short time when I arrived at the restaurant.  I give everyone credit for hanging outside in that weather.  It was very pretty & festive...a classy show! 

I heard Dennis' comment to Shawn about her hair...teeeheee!  At one point during the Dennis & Jill show, Dennis looked like he was going to fall asleep and slip off that tall stool. 

• Like 14

1 hour ago, Autumn Love said:

I liked the Posh show too!  I only caught the last half hour (had our office Christmas party tonight).  It was bitterly cold and windy here in PA tonight!  The temps really dipped and the winds picked up in what seemed like a short time when I arrived at the restaurant.  I give everyone credit for hanging outside in that weather.  It was very pretty & festive...a classy show! 

I heard Dennis' comment to Shawn about her hair...teeeheee!  At one point during the Dennis & Jill show, Dennis looked like he was going to fall asleep and slip off that tall stool. 

He said he was exhausted.  I am sure he was.

• Like 14