Forums forums
PRIMETIMER
SilverStormm

QVC

Amy looked great in this wig. She said she'd worn this haircut in the past, and she probably would have it cut that way again. Pics from August 2020. Please, Amy, we're still waiting!

misc pics QVC Amy Stran wig Savvy Wig 3 collage 1 8-01-20.jpg

• Like 2

Amy’s hair looked like that every time I’ve tuned in the past few years except the color changes. I’ve never cared for her hairstyle.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Coffeecup said:

Amy looked great in this wig. She said she'd worn this haircut in the past, and she probably would have it cut that way again. Pics from August 2020. Please, Amy, we're still waiting!

misc pics QVC Amy Stran wig Savvy Wig 3 collage 1 8-01-20.jpg

I think that style is too old for her

but don't like how she chopped it this week either 

• Like 7

2 hours ago, Thumper said:

Maybe because I already lived through the 1970’s, but these AHDORNED handbags with the two embroidered straps do not appeal to me at all.  The straps cheapen the look, IMO.   Also, $99 for faux leather?

Amy seems to be a big fan.

Those bags are not attractive, especially that puffy tote thing they sell. And every time I see the name, ABHOR pops into my head. It's that superfluous H.

• Like 3
  • Laugh 7

4 minutes ago, LeeDenny said:

image.png.6260e84cb487118c4396c84f01a31cb7.pngimage.png.2ab386b688a0d5027419cab5ad6f8ebf.png

Those TS sandals look like stress fracture shoes.

Ugly. 

You know what I liked? Rebecca Minkoff's bags. Too pricey, but super cute. Pity that you east coasters missed the live show at 2am your time. 

• Like 6

19 minutes ago, LeeDenny said:

image.png.6260e84cb487118c4396c84f01a31cb7.pngimage.png.2ab386b688a0d5027419cab5ad6f8ebf.png

The exact same color of the TSV sandals as depicted on the left contributed to the ensemble that got Jane put once again into @Booney's fashion poll file last night.

• Like 5

26 minutes ago, LeeDenny said:

When I saw these I broke into that old cheer.

U  G  L  Y  You Ain’t Got No Alibi 

You’re Ugly,  👏👏

You’re Ugly.

• Laugh 6

29 minutes ago, emmawoodhouse said:

Ugly. 

You know what I liked? Rebecca Minkoff's bags. Too pricey, but super cute. Pity that you east coasters missed the live show at 2am your time. 

Check out Nordstrom Rack, which carries Rebecca Minkoff on the regular.  I've been unexpectedly pulled in and bought one or two on various trips there.  Their website has a lot of them, too!

• Like 1
  • Useful 2

1 hour ago, hummingbird said:

I think that style is too old for her

but don't like how she chopped it this week either 

I agree about that style being too old for her.  I’m in a party of one who likes her current style. 😁.  She takes some chances — it’s cute and messy!  

• Like 3

19 minutes ago, Lady J said:

When I saw these I broke into that old cheer.

U  G  L  Y  You Ain’t Got No Alibi 

You’re Ugly,  👏👏

You’re Ugly.

A cheer for The Unwashed One.

• Like 1
  • Laugh 3

Polypropylene is the Q's new favorite toxic fabrication in lots of their gardening products! I really hope they have no plans or bright ideas of making clothing out of this stuff too!! 

Edited by mpeeps
  • Like 4
  • Sad 1

12 hours ago, From Where I Sit said:

Are those veneers that Amy has

Yes, thats why she has difficulty pronouncing some words 

• Like 1
  • Surprise 1

I realize I'm late commenting on this, but CBB was underwhelming.

Screen Shot 2021-04-24 at 2.58.16 PM.png

• Like 3
  • Sad 1

Is QVC's over the air signal not in HD? We recently just cut the cord since we really only stream and hardly watch cable. I watch PBS Create for the cooking shows and QVC for the anger and unintentional comedy - but the QVC signal is very low quality. its not pixelated like the channels we barely get, but very low definition. I was just wondering if that's just the way it is. The HSN signal is pretty bad too. Even reruns of the Brady Bunch on MeTV are higher quality.

Edit: I acknowledge my test in TV is pretty strange.

On 4/24/2021 at 3:01 AM, mpeeps said:

Polypropylene is the Q's new favorite toxic fabrication in lots of their gardening products! I really hope they have no plans or bright ideas of making clothing out of this stuff too!! 

I assumed that's what "Liquid Knit" was...

Edited by Captain Bob
  • Laugh 5

5 minutes ago, Captain Bob said:

Is QVC's over the air signal not in HD? We recently just cut the cord since we really only stream and hardly watch cable. I watch PBS Create for the cooking shows and QVC for the anger and unintentional comedy - but the QVC signal is very low quality. its not pixelated like the channels we barely get, but very low definition. I was just wondering if that's just the way it is. The HSN signal is pretty bad too. Even reruns of the Brady Bunch on MeTV are higher quality.

Edit: I acknowledge my test in TV is pretty strange.

I assumed that's what "Liquid Knit" was...

I experienced low picture quality when I was watching QVC with an antenna.  I now use Youtube TV for streaming, and the Q comes in in excellent quality.  I think it has to do with programs "over the air" just being of lesser quality in general, but it is fine on Youtube TV.

• Like 1
  • Useful 2

Read “over there” that tonight at 7pm est, a former q diva host will interview Antonella Nestor on the former’s Facebook page...FWIW

• Useful 1
  • Surprise 1
  • Sad 3

1 hour ago, CalicoKitty said:

I experienced low picture quality when I was watching QVC with an antenna.  I now use Youtube TV for streaming, and the Q comes in in excellent quality.  I think it has to do with programs "over the air" just being of lesser quality in general, but it is fine on Youtube TV.

Interesting, because my local channels display over the air is vastly better than the cable HD. Most of the over the air shows look great, but there are some issues with older shows which weren't filmed in HD. QVC and HSN are really stand outs in how bad the quality is. But since I mostly stream shows its not an issue. But I do miss just switching over to QVC now and then to see what BS they are trying to sell. 

1 hour ago, From Where I Sit said:

Read “over there” that tonight at 7pm est, a former q diva host will interview Antonella Nestor on the former’s Facebook page...FWIW

Which former diva? The one we can't mention by name? If so, where can I see this trainwreck as it unfolds?

• Like 1
  • Laugh 1

13 minutes ago, Captain Bob said:

Interesting, because my local channels display over the air is vastly better than the cable HD. Most of the over the air shows look great, but there are some issues with older shows which weren't filmed in HD. QVC and HSN are really stand outs in how bad the quality is. But since I mostly stream shows its not an issue. But I do miss just switching over to QVC now and then to see what BS they are trying to sell. 

Which former diva? The one we can't mention by name? If so, where can I see this trainwreck as it unfolds?

Trainwreck is on Facebook. I couldn't watch it -- not an FB member and they block me. But I've been hearing about it from others. It's after 8 p.m. ET now, so the chat might be over. Probably it will be archived on the person's FB page, so it will be available to watch.

• Useful 1

1 minute ago, Coffeecup said:

Trainwreck is on Facebook. I couldn't watch it -- not an FB member and they block me. But I've been hearing about it from others. It's after 8 p.m. ET now, so the chat might be over. Probably it will be archived on the person's FB page, so it will be available to watch.

I quit Facebook a long time ago. Sadly, I knew I would come to regret that decision...

• Like 2
  • Laugh 1

17 minutes ago, Captain Bob said:

Yes. The one we can't mention. And she doesn't shut up during the whole time. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Captain Bob said:

I quit Facebook a long time ago. Sadly, I knew I would come to regret that decision...

It's possible that Ant will request that the video of the chat be put on YouTube. If Ant taped it herself, pretty sure it will turn up on YT.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Benji said:

Yes. The one we can't mention. And she doesn't shut up during the whole time. 

Which is why I won’t watch.

• Like 4

14 hours ago, From Where I Sit said:

Why was David Markstein on there?  I didn’t watch, only saw it posted when I was scrolling on Facebook 

David Markstein works for former host and has been to Italy with Ant and shared some stories about her love for jewelry to maybe convince you to donate to Ant's GFM. 

• Like 3

3 hours ago, mpeeps said:

David Markstein works for former host and has been to Italy with Ant and shared some stories about her love for jewelry to maybe convince you to donate to Ant's GFM. 

Ohhhhh, got it, thanks 

Ugh, I realize it's a clearance show, but why is Rinna on my teevee screen? I saw several late night (CA time) shows that were host only. I thought we were done with her. 

• Like 3
  • Sad 2

8 minutes ago, emmawoodhouse said:

Ugh, I realize it's a clearance show, but why is Rinna on my teevee screen? I saw several late night (CA time) shows that were host only. I thought we were done with her. 

Wishful thinking. Another one who appeals to the lowest common denominator. 

• Like 5
  • Laugh 1
  • Sad 1

I wonder of ankle bracelets are back in style?  I’ve been hearing about them here and there, and Amy just had a JAI one on for $100.

• Surprise 2

31 minutes ago, Thumper said:

I wonder of ankle bracelets are back in style?  I’ve been hearing about them here and there, and Amy just had a JAI one on for $100.

It pairs really well with orange. 
Her faux tan is awful. 

• Laugh 7
  • Sad 1

15 minutes ago, LeeDenny said:

It pairs really well with orange. 
Her faux tan is awful. 

You know whose faux tan is even worse? Model Jacqui. Just awful.

• Like 4
  • Laugh 1
  • Sad 1

Shawn’s on, so I’m done with tonight’s Fashion Night In.  

Time to finish my book.

• Like 6
  • Laugh 1

I’ve seen Amy & her husband do unboxing (on her Instagram) of the items she has bought from QVC. She does it Friday night and usually has 3-5 packages. She mentioned they get a 30% discount. Anyway, she buys a lot and her packages seem to arrive in 5 days because she keeps saying I bought these from Monday’s show. Her husband isn’t on camera since he’s filming her but he sounds like a nice guy and comments on the outfits. In general it’s only nice comments. She has a nice gig and might as well buy it while you can. LOL!!!!

P.S.: Who is it that we can’t mention and why? Are they a criminal or something? 

• Like 2

11 hours ago, Thumper said:

I don't think they ever went out of style. I like them in the summer

4 hours ago, ByaNose said:

P.S.: Who is it that we can’t mention and why? Are they a criminal or something? 

A former host who left with much fanfare to strike up on her own.  Had her own forum thread at one time, which was shut down and comments about her forbidden after she filed some sort of cease and desist action against this site.

My details are probably fuzzy, but the gist is there.

Edited by SuprSuprElevated
  • Like 6
  • Useful 1

3 hours ago, hummingbird said:

I don't think they ever went out of style. I like them in the summer

I used to wear them a lot in summer.  

I was interested in the DynaTrap TSV to repel mosquitoes from my outdoor dining table, but the 2/$39 price includes only a half dozen 6-hour scent pads. Using both "candles" for an afternoon-to-evening cookout, that's only three uses! Three uses for 40 bucks? No, thanks. For the TSV, they should have included several dozen refills.

• Like 4
  • Useful 4

4 hours ago, SuprSuprElevated said:

A former host who left with much fanfare to strike up on her own.  Had her own forum thread at one time, which was shut down and comments about her forbidden after she filed some sort of cease and desist action against this site.

My details are probably fuzzy, but the gist is there.

Which also marked the beginning of the end for QVC. Not that she was best thing about it, but back during her era it was generally much better across the board. The sets were better. The Christmas decorations/lights were better. Even ITKWD was more interesting.

Now it's all dollar store crap and oddly overpriced food.

Edited by Captain Bob
  • Like 9
  • Useful 1

42 minutes ago, Captain Bob said:

Which also marked the beginning of the end for QVC. Not that she was best thing about it, but back during her era it was generally much better across the board. The sets were better. The Christmas decorations/lights were better. Even ITKWD was more interesting.

Now it's all dollar store crap and oddly overpriced food.

Agreed, at least as it pertains to the broadcasts.  The website has a vast array of products that never make it on air, though with Q's unreliable shipping and customer unfriendly cancel policies, it's a little scary to pull the trigger.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, HissyFit said:

I was interested in the DynaTrap TSV to repel mosquitoes from my outdoor dining table, but the 2/$39 price includes only a half dozen 6-hour scent pads. Using both "candles" for an afternoon-to-evening cookout, that's only three uses! Three uses for 40 bucks? No, thanks. For the TSV, they should have included several dozen refills.

Eight-packs of refills for $22.50 plus the usual shipping and tax.

Why they aren't flashing that up on screen during presentations I don't know.  Although I agree it wouldn't take long to run through the pads, especially if you need to put both of the units into use at the same time.

https://www.qvc.com/DynaTrap-Set-of-8-Repeller-Tabs-for-DynaShield.product.F14394.html

Edited by letusprocrastinate
  • Like 3

Citronella candles or torches work great for a lot less money. 

• Like 9

1 hour ago, LeeDenny said:

Citronella candles or torches work great for a lot less money. 

They sure do...we even like the Off Citronella coils.

• Like 6

Mosquitoes hate wind. If you can aim a big electric fan at your seating area, that will help chase them away. You could also try a small battery-powered personal fan and point it at your face.

• Like 3
  • Useful 7

15 minutes ago, Coffeecup said:

Mosquitoes hate wind. If you can aim a big electric fan at your seating area, that will help chase them away. You could also try a small battery-powered personal fan and point it at your face.

Good to know.  I know citronella works, but I don’t like the smell.

• Like 2