Forums forums
PRIMETIMER
SilverStormm

QVC

It's an interesting problem. Young people will sit for a long time watching makeup tutorials made by young women on YouTube and Instagram, as well as videos young people upload on other topics. But they are not going to sit and watch product presentations on the "Grandma" shopping channels or the "Mom and Dad" Facebook. It's not their world, in the digital context.

• Like 11

My oldest is 33 and rarely watches tv. And of course only streaming. My youngest is 20 and only watches the mandalorian, on his laptop. They are guys but point being, younger demographic  aren’t watching stuff that can be found on cable tv. And they certainly aren’t about to watch “old” people sell them last generation electronics or try to sell them cosmetics. 

• Like 14

Maybe the Q hosts should take a crack at some Tik Tok vids. Like a Dave's Happy Dance Challenge! 🤣

Edited by mpeeps
  • Laugh 11

IG is fun and you can have a private account with a fake name, people are still on there with their me, me but lots of fun pix of cats or what floats your boat

• Like 4

11 hours ago, lovemesomejoolery said:

Let's just say that Facebook's owner, Mark Zuckerberg, isn't exactly 'beloved'. 

I'll just leave it at that.

Agree.  A lot of FB's problems are self-inflicted. 

I remember back in the mid-aughts when FB was shiny and new and people looked at me funny because I wasn't on it.  Fast forward 10 years to the mid-teens and people started telling me it wasn't a bad idea that I had avoided it.  And now that the millennials and younger are outright rejecting it in favor of other things, it's definitely starting to take on a "Facebook is for old people" vibe (and by "old" I mean people in their forties and and up).

• Like 8

Q may over estimate its shoppers interest in FB.  Whenever there is a negative report about FB, many posters respond "I don't do it, I've never done it, I won't do it, I don't trust it......"

Pushing Q and HSN customers to social media and the app, I predict,  will not be successful. 

There was a thread dedicated to why "I will never use the app."

• Like 5
  • Useful 3

36 minutes ago, JohnnyStar5 said:

Q may over estimate its shoppers interest in FB.  Whenever there is a negative report about FB, many posters respond "I don't do it, I've never done it, I won't do it, I don't trust it......"

Pushing Q and HSN customers to social media and the app, I predict,  will not be successful. 

There was a thread dedicated to why "I will never use the app."

I would be interested in knowing how many people actively participate in the FB "chats" that Q does during shows and on the other channels that do it (JTV, for example).  Plus David has his Coffee Talk chat once a week.  I'm guessing they're mainly made up of small groups of regulars who treat it as their social hour.

• Like 8

The TSV is completely underwhelming. The crumpled sleeves look terrible. They could have at least tried to steam them before presenting. Has no one heard of Old Navy or Kohls? Tee-shirts aplenty for half the price. Is Candace supposed to be a selling point? A hard no for me.

• Like 7

12 minutes ago, sauce62 said:

The TSV is completely underwhelming. The crumpled sleeves look terrible. They could have at least tried to steam them before presenting. Has no one heard of Old Navy or Kohls? Tee-shirts aplenty for half the price. Is Candace supposed to be a selling point? A hard no for me.

The sleeves are designed that way.  No amount of steaming will help.

Edited by letusprocrastinate
  • Like 1
  • Useful 1

Considering that a very large % of "younger" folks don't even watch traditional television, I'm not sure there is much of anything that shopping TV can do to draw them in.  

QVC television et al are facing a looming crisis of obsolescence, that should be a giant gong sounding in the hallways over there in PA, FL, MN.  They should concentrate on digital platforms and streaming.  Anyone still unwilling to shop via computer will likely be left in the dust before too much more time passes.

judge judy.gif

• Like 6
  • Sad 1

5 hours ago, SuprSuprElevated said:

Considering that a very large % of "younger" folks don't even watch traditional television, I'm not sure there is much of anything that shopping TV can do to draw them in.  

QVC television et al are facing a looming crisis of obsolescence, that should be a giant gong sounding in the hallways over there in PA, FL, MN.  They should concentrate on digital platforms and streaming.  Anyone still unwilling to shop via computer will likely be left in the dust before too much more time passes.

judge judy.gif

Exactly.  Not a fun thing trying to balance between keeping happy the current bread-and-butter customers who will still pick up the phone while trying to draw in the future bread-and-butter customers who shop in a completely different manner.

I know there is the refrain of "QVC has millions of viewers watching."  If the most-watched shows on the Food Network, which are on the weekends in the daytime, get Nielsen ratings between 1 and 1.3 million viewers on average I am skeptical even the most popular Q shows are cracking a million viewers at any given time, and not all of those viewers are looking to buy stuff.  And if that's the case with QVC, imagine the numbers the other networks are pulling in.

Edited by letusprocrastinate · Reason: Grammar
  • Like 7
  • Useful 1

1 hour ago, letusprocrastinate said:

Another day, another TSV that gets a final presentation during Terri's noon show.

Safe to say that their inventory purchases are a small fraction of what they were at one time.

• Like 3
  • Useful 1

On HSN yesterday they readily admitted that a large portion of IMAN's bag TS inventory had to be on delayed delivery due to "global circumstances " in these uncertain trying times.

• Like 1
  • Useful 1
  • Laugh 1
  • Surprise 1

44 minutes ago, SuprSuprElevated said:

Safe to say that their inventory purchases are a small fraction of what they were at one time.

They brought in 80,000 of the TSV today.  Less than 5000 left at 1 p.m. eastern.

The entire line was selling like gangbusters, and Terri was joking that CCB may not make it to the evening fashion block of shows.

Edit:  There are still colors and sizes available, particularly in the white, but they probably can't do full-hour presentations of the TSV (A396315).

• Like 1
  • Useful 1
  • Surprise 1

4 hours ago, hummingbird said:

and then there's sweet PJD with her "dial in" she needs to update that 

Sometimes, she seems to me to not who where she is

• Like 1

6 hours ago, letusprocrastinate said:

I would be interested in knowing how many people actively participate in the FB "chats" that Q does during shows and on the other channels that do it (JTV, for example).  Plus David has his Coffee Talk chat once a week.  I'm guessing they're mainly made up of small groups of regulars who treat it as their social hour.

like us?😉

• Like 1
  • Useful 1
  • Laugh 4

1 hour ago, letusprocrastinate said:

They brought in 80,000 of the TSV today.  Less than 5000 left at 1 p.m. eastern.

The entire line was selling like gangbusters, and Terri was joking that CCB may not make it to the evening fashion block of shows.

Edit:  There are still colors and sizes available, particularly in the white, but they probably can't do full-hour presentations of the TSV (A396315).

predicting CBB will the new Logo, QF or who ever for 2021

• Like 1

The CCB tsv tshirt already looks washed, worn and stretched out before you even wear it!  It even can pass for a maternity top to me.  Overpriced too but you're paying for natural fibers I guess or a blend of it!

• Like 5

I’m just glad Candace was able to find her daughter a job. Unless, they become influencers or models they are screwed. Kids of celebrities don’t like real work. LOL!!! That said CCB looks amazing. 

• Like 5

Again, I must ask "Who's buying this stuff?"

Here's a $70 illuminated frog birdbath.  And how nice!  You can choose what gender you want represented in your front yard!

frog.jpg

And here's another item by the same manufacturer.  A whirly gig sort of thing.

whirygig.jpg

Edited by lovemesomejoolery
  • Like 1
  • Laugh 7
  • Surprise 3

11 minutes ago, lovemesomejoolery said:

Here's a $70 illuminated frog birdbath.  And how nice!  You can choose what gender you want represented in your front yard!

frog.jpg

Looking at this photo before reading what you wrote, my first thought was, "Is that supposed to be a candy holder?"

• Like 3
  • Laugh 5

Those tacky lawn ornaments are just another reason why I could never be a host at that Q.  My attitude would be: I'm not presenting this crap!  I always joked with a friend of mine that they should have a host who gave their honest opinion during presentations.  That would certainly be a lot more entertaining.

• Like 4
  • Laugh 6

59 minutes ago, lovemesomejoolery said:

I’ll add this item to the list of this stuff. One animal choice includes a faux candle at an unnatural angle inside the belly. I just think that there has to be a better way to execute this for $42 or $38 + s&h.🙂

64A1F890-B0FC-4A62-A833-A2FB40E6956F.jpeg.c1ad23b1f0fc122398499024d603b872.jpeg

1E3DC12A-48D4-4452-8F87-0C01738335D1.jpeg.fccbd1e4df628677ec441352837c6ca0.jpeg

• Laugh 4
  • Surprise 4

With an illuminated filagree ribcage design, these animal decos might as well just be designed to hold the candle, have it placed on its head or sitting on it!! It's getting that ridiculous.

• Like 1
  • Laugh 6

Mary Beth introduced one of the three new show hosts; Monifa Day.  She is an actor and director from LA.....sounds like the perfect fit.

Why would they lay three off, only to hire three new hosts?

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Dottie D said:

Those tacky lawn ornaments are just another reason why I could never be a host at that Q.  My attitude would be: I'm not presenting this crap!  I always joked with a friend of mine that they should have a host who gave their honest opinion during presentations.  That would certainly be a lot more entertaining.

One name.......Mike Rowe

1 minute ago, From Where I Sit said:

A glimpse...Vanessa Herring

13B1D799-57CF-4E5E-8F0E-607B5D721C88.jpeg.7b6e1b320f1b6013377dbf7876dca2e1.jpeg

and Rosina Grosso 

83CD84F3-BE78-472D-9DC1-48E37F647F5F.jpeg.e1dadefe1e29ae2da252a79086aa4d17.jpeg

It seems the only people they’re hiring are people in the entertainment business

• Like 8
  • Useful 1
  • Laugh 1

3 minutes ago, Etherbunny said:

It seems the only people they’re hiring are people in the entertainment business

True. That’s what was refreshing about Antonella. She didn’t come from the University of Prior Newsroom Experience etc

• Like 7

5 minutes ago, Etherbunny said:

One name.......Mike Rowe

easier learning curve?

and I would venture to say those people have come to realize their future in entertainment is limited and to take that Q$

• Like 7

13 minutes ago, hummingbird said:

easier learning curve?

and I would venture to say those people have come to realize their future in entertainment is limited and to take that Q$

If the Q keeps things are they are, their career being an online huxster is limited too

• Like 5
  • Useful 1
  • Laugh 2

4 hours ago, From Where I Sit said:

I’ll add this item to the list of this stuff. One animal choice includes a faux candle at an unnatural angle inside the belly. I just think that there has to be a better way to execute this for $42 or $38 + s&h.🙂

That thing is hideous!

Who is buying this stuff?  Seriously?

• Like 7

there has to be a better way to execute this

execute being the key word.  Kill it.  Kill it dead.

Edited by SuprSuprElevated
  • Laugh 7

They've sold 7 of the goose in the last day!  Hurry, it's going fast!

This honestly could be a gift of spite.  Look at how the candle is positioned inside the goose.  How do you think you're getting it in and out to replace the batteries?

• Laugh 2
  • Sad 1

31 minutes ago, letusprocrastinate said:

They've sold 7 of the goose in the last day!  Hurry, it's going fast!

This honestly could be a gift of spite.  Look at how the candle is positioned inside the goose.  How do you think you're getting it in and out to replace the batteries?

Not to be indelicate, but from its butt, I would assume.

• Like 3
  • Laugh 6

Every time I try exchanging something, they just end up returning my item, despite that the new item I want is in stock and available. One time I tried calling ahead of time and they told me you don’t have to do that anymore. 
Free exchanges is apparently bullshit. 

• Useful 3
  • Sad 6

I like the TSV, but I really only want the green candle.  

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Thumper said:

I like the TSV, but I really only want the green candle.  

try ebay in a month 

• Like 2

P J set for a TSV I thought "we are all wanting new clothes to go places" now that "things are opening up"

6 months from now PJ and sweats will be cheap

• Like 2

16 hours ago, lovemesomejoolery said:
20 hours ago, From Where I Sit said:

I’

Expand  

Edited by artisto

image.png.27db2fd214a0cad20437827dba9fe155.png

16 hours ago, lovemesomejoolery said:

That thing is hideous!

Who is buying this stuff?  Seriously?

These guys?

image.png.a829a2f9d48b056c5c2fadeeb0c8cb18.png

• Laugh 5

Q is clearing out the Diamonique stackable rings TSV from last September that got terrible reviews because of sizing, being uncomfortable to wear, and stones falling out, and was also noteworthy for having rings being shown on-air with stones noticeably missing.  J367723, dropped from the QVC price of $54.25 (comparable retail value of $74.50) to $26.22.

They pretty much had no choice. 

• Like 4
  • Useful 2
  • Surprise 4

On 9/9/2020 at 2:09 AM, mpeeps said:

Our very observant @Fromwhereisit noticed one of our favorite hosts presenting the tsv rings with a missing stone or two!  Unbelievable!  Who is asleep at the wheel over there? 

20200909_020127_compress95.jpg.e511c875ec8c921e15c04387da614608.jpg20200909_015955_compress72.thumb.jpg.d36775c43f33c5822b86113647810147.jpg

To remind everyone...

• Like 2
  • Laugh 7
  • Surprise 1

On 4/21/2021 at 10:58 AM, From Where I Sit said:

Most hoarders probably don't open the boxes anyhow. 

• Like 1
  • Laugh 5

Maybe because I already lived through the 1970’s, but these AHDORNED handbags with the two embroidered straps do not appeal to me at all.  The straps cheapen the look, IMO.   Also, $99 for faux leather?

Amy seems to be a big fan.

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, Thumper said:

Maybe because I already lived through the 1970’s, but these AHDORNED handbags with the two embroidered straps do not appeal to me at all.  The straps cheapen the look, IMO.   Also, $99 for faux leather?

Amy seems to be a big fan.

Body 100% PVC; lining 100% cotton; straps 100% nylon or 100% cotton

A392094

• Useful 1

And I wonder just how long Amy will continue her allegiance to her hairstyle of choice.

It’s edgy, but the shelf life of ‘edgy’ is often shorter than expected.

I think she just can’t admit the relationship with this one might be over.

I call it, The Bedraggled

DDD468D0-A577-423D-B6F3-B2DF6EE17839.jpeg.88fa6b171b28e7932ba08efbbecb23ae.jpeg

I’m quite sure it takes a while to get it to look like this.

The OAP for the Ahdorned brand and Amy Stran are pretty dug in on the anthropomorphism of these bags. They’re all females, the bags I mean.

• Like 3
  • Laugh 5