Forums forums
PRIMETIMER
SilverStormm

QVC

53 minutes ago, LeeDenny said:

I use the return label also. I combine separate returns in one box. I also write on the outside of the box "3 items for return" or whatever. 

I use the return label also. I also take a pix of the label with my phone in case I ever have to prove I sent it. 

• Like 4
  • Useful 4

I use the Q's return label too and it could take 1-3 weeks to.get to them. I also take a picture of the label before sending though return tracking  is usually provided in your order status/account info online.

Edited by mpeeps
  • Like 3
  • Useful 1

not loving those D and C tops with the "peplum" have seen a few in the stores and they look too juvenile to me, even though the prints are OK,  a shirt would be nice 

they sold out!

• Like 1
  • Surprise 3

15 hours ago, Cupcake04 said:

I need some advice on returns......what method do you all use?  I have been using the Q return labels and eating the 6.95 cost mostly cuz I am lazy and I can send husband to PO to just drop off and wont get 5 phone calls from him asking what to do!  So with the USPS mail situation it is really aggravating me.  I sent 3 separate retuns on March 29th wihich was 2 weeks ago today.  They were going from western NY to PA and they are STILL not there.  Tracking is basically useless....the tracking shows no activity for a week now 2 of the 3 are sitting in NJ.  In the meantime, today the second of the easy pays on all 3 have gone thru.  So how do you guys send your returns?  UPS?  FedEx?  Is the price about the same?  I wouldnt mind spending same or even a little more if it gets there in a few days....even a week.  But using the PO label for 6.95 and its not there 14 days later is ridiculous.  I could have driven it there myself in a day!  Of course I have 2 more returns now so looking for a better method.  TIA.

BTW...the AnyBody vneck crop jumpsuit is awesome if anyone is looking at it.  Now if it would just warm up and stop freakin raining so I can wear it!

If your packages are stuck at the NJ USPS facility I'm thinking of, that place is legendary for being a package bottleneck, and that's putting it politely.

• Useful 3

18 hours ago, Cupcake04 said:

I need some advice on returns......what method do you all use?  I have been using the Q return labels and eating the 6.95 cost mostly cuz I am lazy and I can send husband to PO to just drop off and wont get 5 phone calls from him asking what to do!  So with the USPS mail situation it is really aggravating me.  I sent 3 separate retuns on March 29th wihich was 2 weeks ago today.  They were going from western NY to PA and they are STILL not there.  Tracking is basically useless....the tracking shows no activity for a week now 2 of the 3 are sitting in NJ.  In the meantime, today the second of the easy pays on all 3 have gone thru.  So how do you guys send your returns?  UPS?  FedEx?  Is the price about the same?  I wouldnt mind spending same or even a little more if it gets there in a few days....even a week.  But using the PO label for 6.95 and its not there 14 days later is ridiculous.  I could have driven it there myself in a day!  Of course I have 2 more returns now so looking for a better method.  TIA.

BTW...the AnyBody vneck crop jumpsuit is awesome if anyone is looking at it.  Now if it would just warm up and stop freakin raining so I can wear it!

I always use their label. I take the package to the PO, have it scanned in, and get a paper receipt. I've never been concerned how long it takes to get to them once I have proof of mailing.

Edited by RubberbandGirl
  • Like 5

On 4/9/2021 at 7:51 PM, LeeDenny said:

I'm looking through the 3 pages of lunchtime specials (apparently available at any time). There are a couple of Logo items that I am sure are at least 3 years old. I don't understand why they pay to store stuff for years, and then other stuff goes on pallets. How that business is run is a mystery.

I've wondered if the items they sell on the pallets are seconds or have visible flaws that they can't sell regularly. With some LOGO items it would be hard to tell. Unmatched seams, loose threads, fabrics that look splotchy or stained... might be how Lori intended. 

• Like 1
  • Laugh 7

9 minutes ago, TexasTiffany said:

I've wondered if the items they sell on the pallets are seconds or have visible flaws that they can't sell regularly. With some LOGO items it would be hard to tell. Unmatched seams, loose threads, fabrics that look splotchy or stained... might be how Lori intended. 

It's a bit of everything:

https://bstock.com/qvc/conditions/

• Useful 4

Taking a photo of the tracking label is good advice. A few years ago now, I had to mail cable boxes back to the cable company and thought to snap pics of the tracking just in case. I suddenly got a bill for the returned cable boxes. WTF. After several phone calls it was straightened out but I had to provide proof that it was delivered to their company and signed for by their employee, etc. I also had the equipment registration numbers. Big hassle. They either do this on purpose to make more money and/or every company finds the stupidest, laziest people to work customer service jobs. 

• Like 7

I've got a small issue right now with QVC. I ordered an item March 15. I thought I'd receive it in 2 weeks. Nope. I checked the order status which said estimated delivery was April 9. It pissed me off, but I decided to wait a little longer until the 9th. No package arrived. 

Since yesterday (the 12th) I've been trying to cancel my order. The first time I went thru the cancel process it didn't seem to cancel that item. Instead it updated the estimated delivery to April 24. I'm starting to get mad. I don't want the item any more. I clicked on the cancel item button again and it asked me to confirm I wanted to cancel. But, the page refreshed and gave a new estimated delivery date of April 29. I'm determined to cancel this thing. I wait a few hours to see if the page says canceled, it does not. I repeat the whole cancel process again. The page refreshes and gives a new delivery date of April 30.  I call their customer service number to get some answers and cancel that way. I go through the automated choices. Yes, I want to cancel my item. The system hangs up on me. Tried it 3 times. Same result. Effing Q.

If my card is charged and they send me that item, I'm going to reverse those charges. At this point, I'm mad. 

• Like 6
  • Surprise 6

9 minutes ago, TexasTiffany said:

I've got a small issue right now with QVC. I ordered an item March 15. I thought I'd receive it in 2 weeks. Nope. I checked the order status which said estimated delivery was April 9. It pissed me off, but I decided to wait a little longer until the 9th. No package arrived. 

Since yesterday (the 12th) I've been trying to cancel my order. The first time I went thru the cancel process it didn't seem to cancel that item. Instead it updated the estimated delivery to April 24. I'm starting to get mad. I don't want the item any more. I clicked on the cancel item button again and it asked me to confirm I wanted to cancel. But, the page refreshed and gave a new estimated delivery date of April 29. I'm determined to cancel this thing. I wait a few hours to see if the page says canceled, it does not. I repeat the whole cancel process again. The page refreshes and gives a new delivery date of April 30.  I call their customer service number to get some answers and cancel that way. I go through the automated choices. Yes, I want to cancel my item. The system hangs up on me. Tried it 3 times. Same result. Effing Q.

If my card is charged and they send me that item, I'm going to reverse those charges. At this point, I'm mad. 

Have you tried contacting QVC Social Team (same people who moderate the Q boards) with your order info?  From what I understand, they're pretty quick to respond.

QVCSocialTeam@qvc.com

Edited by letusprocrastinate
  • Like 5
  • Useful 4

7 minutes ago, letusprocrastinate said:

Have you tried contacting QVC Social Team (same people who moderate the Q boards) with your order info?  From what I understand, they're pretty quick to respond.

QVCSocialTeam@qvc.com

Good idea. I will check that out.

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, TexasTiffany said:

Cite the federal mail order law. Tell them you don't agree to the delay and want to cancel.

https://www.ftc.gov/enforcement/rules/rulemaking-regulatory-reform-proceedings/mail-internet-or-telephone-order

• Useful 6

30 minutes ago, TexasTiffany said:

Good idea. I will check that out.

Qvc's live chat is also very helpful. Good luck!

• Like 1
  • Useful 3

2 hours ago, RubberbandGirl said:

I always use their label. I take the package to the PO, have it scanned in, and get a paper receipt. I've never been concerned how long it takes to get to them once I have proof of mailing.

I do/did the same; once I have the receipt from the PO in hand, I stop worrying about how long it takes to get back.  I say "did," because my last QVC order was 5 months ago, and I am doing my best not to get sucked back into their shipping nightmare, which for me was the "in process" delay of 3-5 days and the handoff from UPS to USPS delay of 1-2 IF it wasn't a weekend or holiday; that would mean a 3-4 day delay.

Everything I have ordered on line from other retailers since then has gotten to me in a week or less, and all with free shipping.

QVC, I'm just not that into you anymore, except to watch a few minutes of certain "favorite" hosts for "material."

• Like 13

7 minutes ago, Friday said:

Everything I have ordered on line from other retailers since then has gotten to me in a week or less, and all with free shipping.

This is my experience, too. In the last 3 months I have ordered vitamins, and several clothing shipments. Everything arrived as expected or sooner. The clothing was free ship. Q is a house of cards. Place an order but it's uncertain you will get your item or not. 

• Like 8

5 minutes ago, TexasTiffany said:

This is my experience, too. In the last 3 months I have ordered vitamins, and several clothing shipments. Everything arrived as expected or sooner. The clothing was free ship. Q is a house of cards. Place an order but it's uncertain you will get your item or not. 

and you cant cancel,  they can't ship it , you are over it, the no cancel is BS,

• Like 8

There are job posting for all the fulfillment centers with urgent openings (or something like that). From the reviews of working there, the complaints sound like any warehouse, overworked and underpaid. 

Edited by LeeDenny
  • Like 1
  • Useful 3
  • Surprise 2

Jane is selling a slide sandal that costs 179.00!

A378485 Think! Leather Adjustable Slide Sandals- Mizzi

That price is ridiculous.

• Like 5
  • Surprise 6

2 minutes ago, Coffeecup said:

And the sandal was fugly, to boot (pun intended)!

• Like 3
  • Laugh 7

4 hours ago, Coffeecup said:

It looks similar to the Birkenstock Arizona sandal. ITA it is FUG.

That price is ridiculous. I can already buy the Arizona for half that price and Birkenstock I know. 

• Like 4

MBR must live under a rock, or just plays the  I don't know anything role for the customers

never planted Iris, ? knows nothing about them,  never had a baygel 

• Like 4
  • Sad 3

41 minutes ago, hummingbird said:

MBR must live under a rock, or just plays the  I don't know anything role for the customers

never planted Iris, ? knows nothing about them,  never had a baygel 

That's all her clueless schtick and it's beyond annoying!

• Like 7

5 minutes ago, Dottie D said:

That's all her clueless schtick and it's beyond annoying!

yeah it is getting old I think....but it worked 25 years so no reason to change,  even tho the world has

• Like 2
  • Useful 1
  • Laugh 3

There's a new "Channels" link on the top of the qvc.com home page which I'm not quite sure what it's about. It features different hosts and OAPs, their background, interviews, etc. Seems kind of redundant. 

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, hummingbird said:

IS IT me or is QVC having more sales and markdowns  recently ?

I ordered this Joan Rivers blouse (marbled blue) 04/10/21 for $19.96

I looked today..and..it is now $35.06

Originally..it was apparently $67.50..

image.png.eb19f5c93b2e0bad185be7191973f8e3.png

• Like 1
  • Useful 1
  • Surprise 6

Terry Conn said at 1pm that it was the final presentation of the Jantzen tsv swimsuit!! Must be appealing to many women. Nice colors I guess. 

Edited by mpeeps
  • Like 3
  • Surprise 1

I saw this about XCEL Brands.  The Ripka thing is interesting because they had already accelerated the depreciation of the brand to have a useful life ending in a few years:

On April 15, 2021, the Company issued a press release announcing that it has not completed its audit for the year ended December 31, 2020 and will not be timely filing its Annual Report on Form 10-K for the year ended December 31, 2020 with the SEC. The Company anticipates that the Annual Report on Form 10-K will be filed with the SEC next week. In connection with completing its audit, the Company has determined that it will record an impairment charge of approximately $13 million to the carrying value of the Judith Ripka brand trademarks due to delays and uncertainty in implementing the brick-and-mortar retail store strategy for a portion of the brand, primarily as a result of the novel coronavirus disease pandemic.

• Useful 7

I don't think it's CV that has diluted the Ripka brand  partially but Q killed it 

• Like 4

Here's some more about how XCEL values the Ripka brand.  With the latest write down I bet they eventually mark it down to near zero or attempt to dump it for cents on the $.  Especially since they now have Lori.

Effective January 1, 2020, the Company determined that the Ripka Brand, inclusive of all its trademarks, has a finite life of 15 years, and is amortized on a straight-line basis accordingly. Prior to January 1, 2020, the Ripka Brand trademarks were considered indefinite-lived assets.

The trademarks related to the Isaac Mizrahi Brand have been determined to have indefinite useful lives and, accordingly, no amortization has been recorded for these assets.

• Useful 8

23 minutes ago, JohnnyStar5 said:

Here's some more about how XCEL values the Ripka brand.  With the latest write down I bet they eventually mark it down to near zero or attempt to dump it for cents on the $.  Especially since they now have Lori.

Effective January 1, 2020, the Company determined that the Ripka Brand, inclusive of all its trademarks, has a finite life of 15 years, and is amortized on a straight-line basis accordingly. Prior to January 1, 2020, the Ripka Brand trademarks were considered indefinite-lived assets.

The trademarks related to the Isaac Mizrahi Brand have been determined to have indefinite useful lives and, accordingly, no amortization has been recorded for these assets.

when was the last time Ripka was on?  like many of the brands on Q, they overexposed it, till the customer bought all she wanted,

I also read that once Ripka was on the Q, dept stores no longer wanted to sell her product.  that was in a different era 

I have some lovely pieces when you could pay $100 and under but i never wear them 

• Like 3

I have several pieces of Ripka that I wear and really like.  I got them at her boutiques, a few from places like Last Call (a Needless Markup outlet) & TJ Maxx and only a couple from QVC.

There is a marked difference between those that I got from everywhere but QVC and the ones I got from QVC.  The two I got from QVC are clunkier, the silver is cheaper looking, the detail on them not as sharp.  Most people wouldn't notice this unless they saw an actual piece from a department store or boutique, but there's definitely a difference.

The biggest difference, one that matters most to me, is that the ones I didn't get from QVC have real stones in them - white topaz or quartz or even a small diamond vs Diamonique.  And they're daintier, less clunky.

Edited by lovemesomejoolery
  • Like 2
  • Useful 7

11 minutes ago, hummingbird said:

when was the last time Ripka was on?  like many of the brands on Q, they overexposed it, till the customer bought all she wanted,

I also read that once Ripka was on the Q, dept stores no longer wanted to sell her product.  that was in a different era 

I have some lovely pieces when you could pay $100 and under but i never wear them 

They're busy overexposing it on HSN now.

QVC seems to mostly be bringing in her 14k line - pricing is over the top high on these for what you actually get....even on sale, it's too expensive.

• Like 1
  • Useful 5

8 minutes ago, letusprocrastinate said:

So Q has launched a "We Love QVC" Facebook group and is pushing a #loveQVC hashtag.  My question is, why didn't they do this much earlier?

Because there's nothing to "love" now and they're desperate to create some buzz and sales?

• Like 12
  • Useful 1
  • Laugh 1

9 minutes ago, lovemesomejoolery said:

Because there's nothing to "love" now and they're desperate to create some buzz and sales?

They're even running a sweepstakes to get people to join the group.  Prize is a $1000 Q e-gift certificate.

I have never, ever had a Facebook account, and I acknowledge that Facebook is still the Big Kahuna of the social media world, and I also agree it's a marketing ploy, but all of the carrying on of "Look at what we just did!  We made a new Facebook group!  Isn't that awesome!" just looks silly, IMO.

Edited by letusprocrastinate
  • Like 9
  • Laugh 1
  • Surprise 1

52 minutes ago, hummingbird said:

I couldn't spend 1 K at QVC if I tried 

I could. I'd buy a few popular styles of Dooney & Bourke and list them on Amazon or Ebay. 

1 hour ago, letusprocrastinate said:

So Q has launched a "We Love QVC" Facebook group and is pushing a #loveQVC hashtag.  My question is, why didn't they do this much earlier?

#yearstoolateQVC

• Like 2
  • Laugh 8

🤔

I find it interesting that QVC sells grills/smokers like today's Traeger TSV (K-54456) but does not separately sell the wood pellets.  Yes, I know you can find wood pellets at big-box places like Lowes and Home Depot, but why does Q include pellets as part of the TSV and after people use them up they have to find them elsewhere?

• Useful 1
  • Surprise 1

3 hours ago, letusprocrastinate said:

I think they were counting on a more youthful social media strategy - like Twitter or IG. I saw a post on the QVC board about how many followers each of the hosts have and it was really low, compared to even some of the no name, self-made social media "stars." So, maybe they figured the old base would at least know Facebook?

• Like 4
  • Useful 3

27 minutes ago, Retired at last said:

I think they were counting on a more youthful social media strategy - like Twitter or IG. I saw a post on the QVC board about how many followers each of the hosts have and it was really low, compared to even some of the no name, self-made social media "stars." So, maybe they figured the old base would at least know Facebook?

I saw that post too, and was also surprised at how low the numbers are.  You make an excellent point.

• Like 3

Facebook is not where it's at.  For a number of reasons, but a big one is that a lot of younger folks are abandoning it because of ...... reasons. 

Edited by lovemesomejoolery
  • Like 8

35 minutes ago, lovemesomejoolery said:

Facebook is not where it's at.  For a number of reasons, but a big one is that a lot of younger folks are abandoning it because of ...... reasons. 

As in ... their parents are on it!!!!  😂😂😂😂😂.   My adult sons told me to stay away from Twitter, but IG might be okay.  I’m too lazy to sign up.   Yet.  😁

• Laugh 5

29 minutes ago, Thumper said:

As in ... their parents are on it!!!!  😂😂😂😂😂.   My adult sons told me to stay away from Twitter, but IG might be okay.  I’m too lazy to sign up.   Yet.  😁

Let's just say that Facebook's owner, Mark Zuckerberg, isn't exactly 'beloved'. 

I'll just leave it at that.

• Like 7
  • Surprise 2

44 minutes ago, lovemesomejoolery said:

Let's just say that Facebook's owner, Mark Zuckerberg, isn't exactly 'beloved'. 

I'll just leave it at that.

Ohhhh okay.  That’s deeper than my comments. 

• Like 2

I don’t think young people on Instagram are the demographic watching QVC. Even if they had young host it wouldn’t draw a young crowd (viewership). I think the ship has sailed on for that crowd. 

• Like 7