Forums forums
PRIMETIMER
SilverStormm

QVC

12 minutes ago, Booney said:

Mr. Booney says it looks like someone tipped over a can of paint on it.

They might be improved if someone did.

• Like 1
  • Laugh 5

I just saw Leah with the TSV Affinity Diamond ring, and the OAP was trying to convince everyone that visible inclusions in your diamonds (they were graded an I2, second worst) are a good thing because they make the diamond your own.  Right.  That’s why most reputable jewelers won’t sell diamonds of that grade.

• Like 3
  • Surprise 5

9 minutes ago, MartyQui said:

I just saw Leah with the TSV Affinity Diamond ring, and the OAP was trying to convince everyone that visible inclusions in your diamonds (they were graded an I2, second worst) are a good thing because they make the diamond your own.  Right.  That’s why most reputable jewelers won’t sell diamonds of that grade.

It probably pains Michele, the OAP, to have to talk them up. 

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, MartyQui said:

riight?  brooklyn-bridge.jpg&f=1&nofb=1

Amazon sells great CZ rings for under 80$ which will do that job 

• Like 1
  • Laugh 4

I’ve been checking out the Lunchtime Specials this week. I didn’t realize they kept the same items posted each day if they don’t sell out. They must have several warehouses of hand sanitizer because it’s been prominently featured as the top LTS item each day. 🤔

• Like 4
  • Sad 1

7 minutes ago, Neiman said:

I’ve been checking out the Lunchtime Specials this week. I didn’t realize they kept the same items posted each day if they don’t sell out. They must have several warehouses of hand sanitizer because it’s been prominently featured as the top LTS item each day. 🤔

And there are a lot of items on there every day. 

• Like 2

16 hours ago, Booney said:

Mr. Booney says it looks like someone tipped over a can of paint on it.

That rug looks like absolute SHIT ! ! ! !

• Laugh 1

I'm looking through the 3 pages of lunchtime specials (apparently available at any time). There are a couple of Logo items that I am sure are at least 3 years old. I don't understand why they pay to store stuff for years, and then other stuff goes on pallets. How that business is run is a mystery.

• Like 8

13 minutes ago, LeeDenny said:

I'm looking through the 3 pages of lunchtime specials (apparently available at any time). There are a couple of Logo items that I am sure are at least 3 years old. I don't understand why they pay to store stuff for years, and then other stuff goes on pallets. How that business is run is a mystery.

🖕 exactly

• Like 1

https://www.indeed.com/cmp/Qvc/reviews

You can't see all the reviews about working there, although if you click on the "ratings by category" boxes, different reviews come up.

I've been messing around, reading lots of reviews. A lot about management being clueless, only the favorites get promoted, positions are eliminated to get rid of employees and then reappear after people are fired, self-promoters over hard-workers.

And customer service reps saying the phone calls are old, confused people yelling.

Edited by LeeDenny
  • Surprise 7

15 minutes ago, LeeDenny said:

https://www.indeed.com/cmp/Qvc/reviews

You can't see all the reviews about working there, although if you click on the "ratings by category" boxes, different reviews come up.

I've been messing around, reading lots of reviews. A lot about management being clueless, only the favorites get promoted, positions are eliminated to get rid of employees and then reappear after people are fired, self-promoters over hard-workers.

And customer service reps saying the phone calls are old, confused people yelling.

"Only the favorites get promoted." Well, that explains the Unshowered One's prominence in prime time. She's somebody's favorite.

• Like 8

25 minutes ago, Coffeecup said:

"Only the favorites get promoted." Well, that explains the Unshowered One's prominence in prime time. She's somebody's favorite.

And a self-promoter, but not a hard worker.

• Like 7

I was reading an article last night, I think from 2019. It was from some management society org. The author was talking about stores losing their way and she was talking about QVC. She talked about how PM style used to feature upscale clothing and designers and how that devolved into QVC brands or basic clothing. I had forgotten how they used to feature nice, quality clothing in PM style. Now all the brands are fungible.

That Laurie Felt shirt looks like D&C.

• Like 11

So it appears they are now back to only selling TSV’s on the same day as opposed to several days in advance. They still do the presale emails I believe. I fear this means the already way too long TSV presentations will get even longer. Caught some of AM Style today and the TSV presentation went on and on and on. I like the Lug brand (not this particular TSV though) and generally enjoy the shows but this was just too much. Also, AM Style, one of the very few shows I will still watch is getting incredibly stale. Those Breezies women are on every damn week...really sick of them and that obnoxious Renee.

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, CaffeinatedAunt79 said:

So it appears they are now back to only selling TSV’s on the same day as opposed to several days in advance. They still do the presale emails I believe. I fear this means the already way too long TSV presentations will get even longer. Caught some of AM Style today and the TSV presentation went on and on and on. I like the Lug brand (not this particular TSV though) and generally enjoy the shows but this was just too much. Also, AM Style, one of the very few shows I will still watch is getting incredibly stale. Those Breezies women are on every damn week...really sick of them and that obnoxious Renee.

Shawn was mentioning pre-sale numbers when she rattled off how many sold last night. So, they're selling them somehow.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, emmawoodhouse said:

Shawn was mentioning pre-sale numbers when she rattled off how many sold last night. So, they're selling them somehow.

I think it was on the website Friday during the day, but not before that.

• Useful 1

Never in a million years would I have come up with this outfit. I suppose that’s why I’m not a QVC designer. 😂

188A3062-6DA8-429B-9604-1007B8954165.jpeg

• Like 2
  • Laugh 7
  • Surprise 5

1 hour ago, Neiman said:

Never in a million years would I have come up with this outfit. I suppose that’s why I’m not a QVC designer. 😂

Seriously, do you ever see anyone dressing like this?  Because I sure don't, ever.  Even if unintentional. Fashions come & go, I would have thought her stuff would have been long gone by now.  Layers & mixed prints & ruffles, then just repeat.  She looks like the Carol Burnett  bag lady maid, the only thing she's missing is the shower cap thingy on her head.  

Edited by Snarkastikate · Reason: Typo
  • Like 6
  • Laugh 5

1 hour ago, Neiman said:

Looks like Punky Brewster cosplay. 😝

• Laugh 8

I can’t believe the number of colors offered for so many Lug items.  Why?   David would have a field day! 

• Like 2
  • Laugh 4

21 minutes ago, MisterShrug said:

36 minutes ago, Snarkastikate said:

Seriously, do you ever see anyone dressing like this?  Because I sure don't, ever.  Even if unintentional. Fashions come & go, I would have thought her stuff would have been long gone by now.  Layers & mixed prints & ruffles, then just repeat.  She looks like the Carol Burnett  bag lady maid, the only thing she's missing is the shower cap thingy on her head.  

Explains ,why skunk and squirrel are so popular 

• Laugh 3

1 hour ago, MisterShrug said:

It looks like she was blindfolded and went into the closet, grabbed a few item an put them on. 

• Laugh 5

Anyone watching the Belle/Kim Gravel show tonight?  I like many of her items (have a few), but the prices are so high!  Most $50+.

Courtney seems to be having fun with her!  

• Like 3

15 minutes ago, Thumper said:

Anyone watching the Belle/Kim Gravel show tonight?  I like many of her items (have a few), but the prices are so high!  Most $50+.

I think it's the Southern thing. It's so nice to see Courtney away from the unwashed one. She's a good host on her own.

• Like 4

Well, I guess we know who filled in for the Skunk tonight. Will Courtney take this shift permanently, banishing Shawn to the Deuce on Wednesdays?

• Like 3
  • Useful 1

4 minutes ago, emmawoodhouse said:

Well, I guess we know who filled in for the Skunk tonight. Will Courtney take this shift permanently, banishing Shawn to the Deuce on Wednesdays?

Maybe Kim Gravel requested her. Or unrequested the other one. I wonder if the biggie vendors have that kind of pull.

• Like 3

Oh, so tonight would normally have been Shawn’s?   Ugh.  Happy to see Courtney.

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, Thumper said:

Oh, so tonight would normally have been Shawn’s?   Ugh.  Happy to see Courtney.

Yes, Shawn has been working M/T/F/Sa for a while. 

• Like 1
  • Useful 1

4 minutes ago, emmawoodhouse said:

Yes, Shawn has been working M/T/F/Sa for a while. 

Thanks, I thought she was on every weeknight except Wednesday, so figured she was off on the weekends.

• Like 1

Jill & the Scott brothers. Yawn! I will say there are so many of those beds in a box that I have no idea which one is better then the others. Of course, you can return it but it seems like such a hassle. I’m on the fence. I don’t like my mattress currently. Rick said the queen was selling the most which what I would order. If it’s still in stock in the a.m. I might pull the trigger. Also, Jill is not needed for this presentation. The brothers are fine by themeselves. It’s so weird that she flew out to LA during a pandemic (better now) when she probably lives a half hour from the QVC studios. So dumb. 

• Like 5
  • Sad 1

2 hours ago, ByaNose said:

Jill & the Scott brothers. Yawn! I will say there are so many of those beds in a box that I have no idea which one is better then the others. Of course, you can return it but it seems like such a hassle. I’m on the fence. I don’t like my mattress currently. Rick said the queen was selling the most which what I would order. If it’s still in stock in the a.m. I might pull the trigger. Also, Jill is not needed for this presentation. The brothers are fine by themeselves. It’s so weird that she flew out to LA during a pandemic (better now) when she probably lives a half hour from the QVC studios. So dumb. 

Once it's out of the box you're not going to get it back in; instead of returning it they'll give you a refund and you can do with it what you wish (throw it out, donate it, give it to someone else, keep it for some reason, whatever).

• Like 1
  • Useful 4

7 hours ago, Thumper said:

I like her shows but  I think Marshalls when I see her line,  only differ the size ranges no xxs to 5x there

4 hours ago, ByaNose said:

see my post on this totally dumb . unless they wanted a hand off but dumb

• Like 1

That mattress is 80 lbs. for the full size. That seems awfully heavy.

• Like 2
  • Surprise 2

19 hours ago, Thumper said:

I can’t believe the number of colors offered for so many Lug items.  Why?   David would have a field day! 

I think the Lug line took over for Vera Bradley.  They had their bags in every imaginable color

• Like 3

For those who have been watching today, how is the TSV mattress doing in terms of sales? A success or flop or somewhere in between?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Neiman said:

For those who have been watching today, how is the TSV mattress doing in terms of sales? A success or flop or somewhere in between?

I was watching before 10:00 pm and it didn’t sound like they sold out in any size. 

• Useful 4

10 hours ago, Neiman said:

I just looked it up, and that "Going, Going" appeared informing me that 864 shoppers had purchased the queen size in the last day.  But yes, all of the sizes are still available.

Will, add though, that they were designed and built in the USA.

• Like 1
  • Useful 1

Sorry I can’t get the actual picture here, but look at these photos.  Do you think they are flattering or are a good way to sell the item????   To me, they are way too tight and bunchy in the crotch.  In one of the other photos, the model looks like she has a wedgie in back.   Not my idea of comfortable pjs!  

https://www.qvc.com/MUK-LUKS-Cloud-Knit-3-Piece-PJ-Set-w-Shorts-and-Cropped-Pants.product.A394710.html?sc=IROA

1 hour ago, Thumper said:

Sorry I can’t get the actual picture here, but look at these photos.  Do you think they are flattering or are a good way to sell the item????   To me, they are way too tight and bunchy in the crotch.  In one of the other photos, the model looks like she has a wedgie in back.   Not my idea of comfortable pjs!  

https://www.qvc.com/MUK-LUKS-Cloud-Knit-3-Piece-PJ-Set-w-Shorts-and-Cropped-Pants.product.A394710.html?sc=IROA

Got some pics. My gosh, those things look awful! Both the live shots and the website photos show camel toes and wedgies. QVC has a long history of squeezing models into clothes that are too tight, but this is ridiculous. Who would want to buy those MukLuks pajamas, seeing how badly they bunch up? I noticed that they put a long top on the plus size model, maybe to hide the camel toe disaster zone?

misc pics QVC fashion pajamas MukLuks tight 8 collage 1 4-12-21.jpg

misc pics QVC fashion pajamas MukLuks tight 4 4-12-21.jpg

misc pics QVC fashion pajamas MukLuks tight 6 4-12-21.jpg

misc pics QVC fashion pajamas MukLuks tight 7 4-12-21.jpg

• Like 2
  • Surprise 8

Holy crap.  Get the jaws of life to pull those pajama bottoms out of her butt crack. Who wants to wear pj’s that are so tight?  I buy pj’s in a size larger than normal because I can’t sleep in a sausage casing. 

• Like 9
  • Laugh 2

Thanks for the pics, @Coffeecup!    I watched the video online and they even  recommended going up a size from your regular qvc size.   Stylists fail again!

• Like 4

I need some advice on returns......what method do you all use?  I have been using the Q return labels and eating the 6.95 cost mostly cuz I am lazy and I can send husband to PO to just drop off and wont get 5 phone calls from him asking what to do!  So with the USPS mail situation it is really aggravating me.  I sent 3 separate retuns on March 29th wihich was 2 weeks ago today.  They were going from western NY to PA and they are STILL not there.  Tracking is basically useless....the tracking shows no activity for a week now 2 of the 3 are sitting in NJ.  In the meantime, today the second of the easy pays on all 3 have gone thru.  So how do you guys send your returns?  UPS?  FedEx?  Is the price about the same?  I wouldnt mind spending same or even a little more if it gets there in a few days....even a week.  But using the PO label for 6.95 and its not there 14 days later is ridiculous.  I could have driven it there myself in a day!  Of course I have 2 more returns now so looking for a better method.  TIA.

BTW...the AnyBody vneck crop jumpsuit is awesome if anyone is looking at it.  Now if it would just warm up and stop freakin raining so I can wear it!

5 minutes ago, Cupcake04 said:

I need some advice on returns......what method do you all use?  I have been using the Q return labels and eating the 6.95 cost mostly cuz I am lazy and I can send husband to PO to just drop off and wont get 5 phone calls from him asking what to do!  So with the USPS mail situation it is really aggravating me.  I sent 3 separate retuns on March 29th wihich was 2 weeks ago today.  They were going from western NY to PA and they are STILL not there.  Tracking is basically useless....the tracking shows no activity for a week now 2 of the 3 are sitting in NJ.  In the meantime, today the second of the easy pays on all 3 have gone thru.  So how do you guys send your returns?  UPS?  FedEx?  Is the price about the same?  I wouldnt mind spending same or even a little more if it gets there in a few days....even a week.  But using the PO label for 6.95 and its not there 14 days later is ridiculous.  I could have driven it there myself in a day!  Of course I have 2 more returns now so looking for a better method.  TIA.

BTW...the AnyBody vneck crop jumpsuit is awesome if anyone is looking at it.  Now if it would just warm up and stop freakin raining so I can wear it!

I recently had a return take VERY long to get to QVC — it was the rare expensive item (a handbag) and of course I did not get a receipt as I just dropped it off with the prepaid label.  It finally got there.

I use the prepaid label most of the time unless it is a very light item like a piece of jewelry.  Honestly, from my area (MN) the cost is often the same or pretty darn close, and I don’t have to wait in line to mail it.   However, I will often save several returns, bag each separately with return slip inside, then put them all in one box or bigger bag with ONE of the return labels for $6.95 so I’m not paying return $$ for each separately.  Hope that makes sense.  I usually do USPS.  I think they are just slow right now.  Hope that helps.

• Like 1
  • Useful 3

I use the return label also. I combine separate returns in one box. I also write on the outside of the box "3 items for return" or whatever. 

• Like 2
  • Useful 4