Forums forums
PRIMETIMER
SilverStormm

QVC

27 minutes ago, Coffeecup said:

What happened to proofreading? The NY Post called that ship "Ever Given" throughout the article. You can clearly see from the pictures and video that the name is "Evergreen." Did somebody dictate the article to AI software, and it screwed up the name?

Evergreen is the shipping line and Ever Given is the actual ship. Articles have flip-flopped the names. 
I’m really all in on this news for some reason. 🤷‍♀️

• Like 1
  • Useful 2

1 hour ago, LeeDenny said:

Evergreen is the shipping line and Ever Given is the actual ship. Articles have flip-flopped the names. 

Yes. I worked in import-export for 20+ years. All of their ship names are Ever "something". Ever Glory, Ever Globe, etc. Those container ships really are huge. It was always frustrating trying to explain to customers or sales reps why, once the ship arrived, you couldn't get their order through Customs and delivered faster than all the other ones on the same ship. You don't really have much of a choice where your container is on the ship. I think you can request above deck or below deck but other than that no choice.

• Useful 9

4 hours ago, LeeDenny said:

Thanks for the clarification! I would never have guessed the ship's real name was Ever Given, because it didn't make any sense. Just looked the Evergreen Marine Company up on Wikipedia, and learned that they name their cargo ships Ever-[something]. For example, they have a new one named the Ever Fortune.

Anyway, this was a terrible accident in terms of international commerce.  I didn't realize how important the canal is, accounting for 30% of daily container ship traffic globally. The Suez Canal is used for transporting oil as well as merchandise, so gas prices might go up temporarily, according to news reports.

*sigh* Another shipping delay excuse for QVC.

Edited by Coffeecup
  • Like 4

40 minutes ago, Coffeecup said:

so gas prices might go up temporarily, according to news reports.

Uh huh.  Gas prices go up when a gnat farts in Sioux Falls, so...

• Like 2
  • Laugh 8

I am amused and bemused when a whole evening or day will go by with no comments here.  Is anyone watching?  I’ll admit I don’t watch Wednesdays much because I know it will be kitchen.  Same with gardening or electronics.  Byeee!!! 😁

Edited by Thumper

9 hours ago, Coffeecup said:

*sigh* Another shipping delay excuse for QVC.

They should rename that ship: Ever Late. (I can picture Blabby submitting her name request to that company: Ever Jane)

I'm waiting for an item I ordered on March 16th and it doesn't show as shipped yet. I've been wondering if I should cancel. Doubtful my item is on that ship, but I couldn't resist poking fun.

• Like 6
  • Laugh 3

3 hours ago, TexasTiffany said:

They should rename that ship: Ever Late. (I can picture Blabby submitting her name request to that company: Ever Jane)

I'm waiting for an item I ordered on March 16th and it doesn't show as shipped yet. I've been wondering if I should cancel. Doubtful my item is on that ship, but I couldn't resist poking fun.

Ever Jane!  I love it! Then she could ask that the entire ship be full of shoes for her shows.

• Like 1
  • Laugh 6

9 hours ago, Thumper said:

I am amused and bemused when a whole evening or day will go by with no comments here.  Is anyone watching?  I’ll admit I don’t watch Wednesdays much because I know it will be kitchen.  Same with gardening or electronics.  Byeee!!! 😁

I'm serious when I say that I have averaged maybe 5 minutes of viewing per month over the past year or so.  I'm just not interested in the theater, nor the personalities involved.  If I think that QVC may have a product I'm looking for (that itself is becoming a rare event), I will check the website.

I was never really a watcher of HSN or the other also-rans, so yeah, I'm pretty much out.

• Like 9

I kind of love the Miz Mooz TSV sandal, because it is different in a funky but not (to me) “matronly” sandal.  Just not sure I’d get much  use out of it.  Also,  the ankle strap, which cuts off the leg line.  Will ponder.

I have a Miz Mooz bootie, and the leather is so soft.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Thumper said:

I kind of love the Miz Mooz TSV sandal, because it is different in a funky but not (to me) “matronly” sandal.  Just not sure I’d get much  use out of it.  Also,  the ankle strap, which cuts off the leg line.  Will ponder.

I have a Miz Mooz bootie, and the leather is so soft.

They are cute, but ankle straps drive me crazy. I’ve tried but I just can’t wear them. Sigh. 🙁

• Like 2

The TS sandals are really cute. 

Sadly, I can’t wear ankle straps either. I am very much Princess and the Pea when it comes to shoes. 

• Like 3

That jumpsuit is cute, but for someone with a flat tummy.  Not me!😂😂. Also a pain for bathroom.  I must be old that I am so practical! 🤪

• Like 1
  • Laugh 4

I'm willing to wear ankle strap shoes because they keep the shoes on my feet! I have trouble getting a good fit because by the time I find a shoe that doesn't pinch my toes, the heel is too loose. Lots of problems with heel slippage; I am always having to put those adhesive heel pads in the backs of my shoes. The ankle strap keeps me from walking out of the shoe.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Coffeecup said:

I'm willing to wear ankle strap shoes because they keep the shoes on my feet! I have trouble getting a good fit because by the time I find a shoe that doesn't pinch my toes, the heel is too loose. Lots of problems with heel slippage; I am always having to put those adhesive heel pads in the backs of my shoes. The ankle strap keeps me from walking out of the shoe.

That is a problem. I remember shoe shopping with my mom, she had a quad heel. This was pre- internet, and I remember being surrounded by shoe boxes, and it seemed like we were in the store for hours. I’m grateful for my easy to find and fit 9.5 B’s.

• Like 2

I think it’s funny they are spray painting everything blue with the TSV. I guess it’s the only color that shows up bright enough on screen. It’s not a bad price ($99.98) but after using it once I’d probably never use it again. OMG! I just realized Shawn’s glasses & painters vest are blue, too. Maybe, they’ll switch it up later today & use the color red. 

• Like 3

11 hours ago, Thumper said:

I must be old that I am so practical! 🤪

That's not age, that's wisdom.  I stopped wearing jumpsuits in my 30's because belt + jumpsuit + bathroom = unfortunate circumstances.

• Like 1
  • Laugh 2

42 minutes ago, SuprSuprElevated said:

That's not age, that's wisdom.  I stopped wearing jumpsuits in my 30's because belt + jumpsuit + bathroom = unfortunate circumstances.

Yep. I tried wearing jumpsuits when I was young too, and had the same problem.

• Like 2

It’s Spring on the Q today. Perfect timing since it was 80 degrees in the West Chester area yesterday. It’s in the 70’s today. They usually have outdoor rugs so I will have to what they show today & what price. I have a Lowe’s literally 2 minutes from me so I’ve been shopping up a storm there. 

• Like 4

6 hours ago, ByaNose said:

It’s Spring on the Q today. Perfect timing since it was 80 degrees in the West Chester area yesterday. It’s in the 70’s today. They usually have outdoor rugs so I will have to what they show today & what price. I have a Lowe’s literally 2 minutes from me so I’ve been shopping up a storm there. 

I turned it on since the weather has me thinking of working in the garden. Saw some stupid adjustable stool and a fake boxwood sphere and turned it right off again.

Edit: Turned it on again now and they are selling a Rose of Sharon for $85 that I could get at the local garden center for maybe $35. And my local garden center is fairly expensive. 

Edited by Captain Bob
  • Like 7
  • Surprise 1

2 hours ago, Captain Bob said:

I turned it on since the weather has me thinking of working in the garden. Saw some stupid adjustable stool and a fake boxwood sphere and turned it right off again.

Edit: Turned it on again now and they are selling a Rose of Sharon for $85 that I could get at the local garden center for maybe $35. And my local garden center is fairly expensive. 

Everything usually looks good and gives you great ideas but is sooooooo overpriced. That said, I was just at Target (I really want to spend today, don’t I?) and, everything was already picked over. The outdoor stuff was very bare. I was kind of shocked. I guess people went out earlier this year since they feel better about their surroundings this spring/summer than last year which didn’t  exist. 

• Like 3

The LOGO tsv is beyond hideous and unflattering!  When is the Q going to start selling some real clothing!?

• Like 7

52 minutes ago, mpeeps said:

The LOGO tsv is beyond hideous and unflattering!  When is the Q going to start selling some real clothing!?

it's a retread of stuff she has done before,

#overit

• Like 2
  • Laugh 1

1 hour ago, mpeeps said:

I venture a guess that QVC is going to go down in flames still pushing Logo until its final show hits the air!

In other TSV news, Jiggly Jill's version of the Comfy is a TSV, too.  This is that one she was pushing on Instagram back in the Fall.  Guess it didn't sell very well? 

It's spring.......soon to be summer.......why now?  This should have been a TSV months ago if it wasn't already - sorry, I don't pay too much attention to their clothing, so I don't know if it's already been one or not.

• Like 5

2 minutes ago, lovemesomejoolery said:

It's spring.......soon to be summer.......why now? 

"perfect for when you are at the boardwalk/beach/cabin/boat for when it gets a bit chilly". will be the pitch

Loris' stuff is beginning to look stale and done already she needs to intro some new looks or she will be  on Q5 

• Like 5
  • Laugh 4

Agree that Logo is getting repetitive, but I do like the tie-dye top part of the TSV.  Not a fan of the pleated ruffle at the bottoms of the under layer tank.  

• Like 4

3 hours ago, mpeeps said:

That is the UGLYIST SHIT.  Just looks tired.  Get rid if LOGO.  It's done.

• Like 3

I didn't see the Logo TSV but I did see Gili Jill and the jumpsuit which was actually very nice and a great clearance price. ( I think it was like $32 or something like that . Definitely under 40). Anyway, she was wearing the jumpsuit in the red print,,,,,,,, and then took the furry blanket bathrobe looking jacket ( in rose) , put it on and was saying how great it was. 

the jumpsuit was like an orange red, and flowing ( as I said- it was very nice). but then put on this sweatshirt looking thing. I believe it looks like she done lost it. Big Time!

• Like 4

just got an email for a pallett of home shopping stuff all Logo, IM , others, but pix mainly Logo, and Isaac.  they must order way more than they ever sell,  yet some stuff just sits on Q.com ,  

"We have bulk packs and pallets of well known brands from favorite TV shopping networks.  One of the perks of buying brands like these is that it comes with a built in customer base. Women, especially on eBay, know these brands and know how they fit. 

Brands you'll find in the pallet and NWT/RETURNS Mature packs include:

H by Halston

LOGO by Lori Goldstein

GILI

G by Giuliana

IMAN

and more!"

• Like 3
  • Useful 3
  • Surprise 2

Saw a commercial for QVC on another channel this morning. Diva, CoKo, and Rachel (!) were featured. 

• Like 2
  • Surprise 3

40 minutes ago, hummingbird said:

just got an email for a pallett of home shopping stuff all Logo, IM , others, but pix mainly Logo, and Isaac.  they must order way more than they ever sell,  yet some stuff just sits on Q.com ,  

"We have bulk packs and pallets of well known brands from favorite TV shopping networks.  One of the perks of buying brands like these is that it comes with a built in customer base. Women, especially on eBay, know these brands and know how they fit. 

H by Halston

LOGO by Lori Goldstein

GILI

G by Giuliana

IMAN

and more!"

"Mature" packs? Meaning., they've been siting around in the warehouse until they were about to disintegrate from old age? 😄

And do these packs really come with a "built-in customer base"? If there were that many customers who liked those products, they wouldn't have to be dumped onto a pallet and sold cheap.

• Like 2
  • Useful 1
  • Laugh 4

14 minutes ago, Coffeecup said:

"Mature" packs? Meaning., they've been siting around in the warehouse until they were about to disintegrate from old age? 😄

And do these packs really come with a "built-in customer base"? If there were that many customers who liked those products, they wouldn't have to be dumped onto a pallet and sold cheap.

Mature vs. Junior sizes , 

the resell biz is huge,  I am more interested in the Q selling so much paletted stuff instead of selling on the site or TV even at a reduced price ,  

• Useful 5

1 hour ago, hummingbird said:

Mature vs. Junior sizes , 

the resell biz is huge,  I am more interested in the Q selling so much paletted stuff instead of selling on the site or TV even at a reduced price ,  

Thanks for the factoid. I always thought the categories were called "misses" and "junior." Guess I'm out of date on fashion industry terminology, or else I never had it straight to begin with.

Speaking of juniors, remember when QVC was selling a cropped sweatshirt the other day, and everybody was commenting how silly it looked on Jackie? I saw a cropped sweatshirt today at Target -- in the little girls' department! That's who should wear it, young girls and teens. It looks wrong on adult women.

• Like 6
  • Useful 1

5 hours ago, hummingbird said:

H by Halston

LOGO by Lori Goldstein

GILI

G by Giuliana

IMAN

and more!"

Don't ask how I know this, but if you get on Wally World's website and do a search for women's pedal pushers nearly all of the results are Q and HSN brands being sold by third-party vendors.

• Like 1
  • Useful 4
  • Laugh 1
  • Surprise 2

6 hours ago, Coffeecup said:

Thanks for the factoid. I always thought the categories were called "misses" and "junior." Guess I'm out of date on fashion industry terminology, or else I never had it straight to begin with.

Mature is the wording that vendor uses,  meaning grown ass women I guess

• Like 1
  • Laugh 4

Mally is FOS

cooking up lip balms in her kitchen for the biggest celebrity who had sore lips 

sell me a bridge as well 

• Laugh 9

Skype pet: The Spenco shoe rep's cat, Tiny Cat. Kitty was sleepy and let out a huge yawn.

misc pics QVC pets Spenco TIny Cat 5 collage 1 3-29-21.jpg

misc pics QVC pets SPenco Tiny Cat 6 collage 2 3-29-21.jpg

• Like 1
  • Laugh 14

When my procrastinating self needs to get a life:  Looking at A-381553, Breezies underpants, and thinking to myself that the color described as Tanzanite looks nothing like the real thing.

• Laugh 7

4 hours ago, letusprocrastinate said:

When my procrastinating self needs to get a life:  Looking at A-381553, Breezies underpants, and thinking to myself that the color described as Tanzanite looks nothing like the real thing.

To piggyback on the thought........why do we need underpants/ bra models?  I think it’s totally unnecessary and find it irritating that they have the models standing there in their Breezies

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Coffeecup said:

Skype pet: The Spenco shoe rep's cat, Tiny Cat. Kitty was sleepy and let out a huge yawn.

misc pics QVC pets Spenco TIny Cat 5 collage 1 3-29-21.jpg

misc pics QVC pets SPenco Tiny Cat 6 collage 2 3-29-21.jpg

Or that’s the cat’s opinion of the shoes . 😏

• Like 2
  • Laugh 9

38 minutes ago, Lady J said:

Or that’s the cat’s opinion of the shoes . 😏

I'm with the cat. Those shoes were fug.

• Like 4
  • Laugh 7

33 minutes ago, emmawoodhouse said:

I'm with the cat. Those shoes were fug.

Looks like a Fred Flintstone driving shoe...

• Like 2
  • Laugh 10

What do you think of this Calista Fauxblo TSV?  I normally ignore this stuff, but am watching a presentation now.  For some reason, I thought it blow-dried while it curled.  But no.  You still need to dry it first.    She said it’s like using a round brush, but I never mastered that technique and I think it would get stuck in my hair!  lol

I have a straight bob, but wouldn’t mind changing it up now and then.  Even just a little more volume would be nice.

• Like 3

I’m checking in here to see what everyone thinks about the Calista TSV. I watched an online presentation earlier and heard Caroline recommend that we get one in all three sizes.  🙄

My hair is just past my shoulders and I’m ready for something new, but not sure if this is going to work.  🤔

I used to have a couple of very similar brushes. Conair or Revlon. About $30.

• Like 4

Believe it or not, just ordered a FlauxBlo on ebay for $40!  I will report back. I currently use the Calista  Perfector Pro round hot brushes and love them.  I also use the InStyler rotating iron which I really like too.  The Perfector's highest temp is 395 degrees and the InStyler goes as high as 425 degrees.  Both hot enough if you have thick, full and/or frizzy hair.  The InStyler is for a straighter smoother curled look and the the Perfector allows for more body and smooth bounce.  Calista said the FlauxBlo is a 365 degree heat which seems low to me, but she said that heat is the the same temp of your hairdryer when you do a blowout and will provide a blowout look with more volume.  Not sure that's what I want especially after seeing Unwashed One last night, but look forward to trying it and experimenting during these mundane trying times when we aren't going anywhere. 

Edited by mpeeps
  • Like 4
  • Useful 2

Thanks, LeeDenny, I wondered if there’s a less expensive alternative. 

Thanks, mpeeps. That’s a bargain you found on eBay. Great find! I’ve been looking for reviews and I’ve seen several that said the Perfector was favored over the FauxBlo if someone was interested in trying one of the Calista products. I have an InStyler too and like it for straighter looks and was looking at FauxBlo for something to give more volume/body. I agree that the FauxBlo temp seemed low compared to others out there.

• Like 1

All this hair talk makes me think of hot rollers. I loved those things. Roll the hair, put on makeup and take it out. 
The tools always seem easy to use when the professionals use them. 

• Like 8

I dug out my hot rollers a couple of years ago and keep them conveniently under the sink with the hopes of using them more often again as I like the result but sadly still never use them. 

Edited by mpeeps
  • Like 4