Forums forums
PRIMETIMER
SilverStormm

QVC

On 3/15/2021 at 10:43 PM, lovemesomejoolery said:

So, Estee Lauder products are going to be sold on QVC?

It's not like Lauder can't be bought anywhere else........very boring.

It's not most of their junk can't be bought anywhere else. Honestly, the channel has gotten so bad it's almost not even fun to mock it anymore. 

• Like 10

I wonder how successful they have been with the products they bring in to attract a younger audience. It seems like the clothing lines don't last very long. I bet a lot of the makeup lines are shipped directly from the vendor so it probably doesn't cost the vendors much to be on there. And if they don't sell much through Q, no big deal. Programmer Jennifer, we demand answers.

• Like 1
  • Laugh 5

I love looking at the sweaters on Irish days, but I have two that I never wear.  Too expensive to give away!! 😂. I guess I will just look at them and admire them.  lol.   Kind of like that Quacker Factory appliquéd suede jacket I have!

• Like 5
  • Laugh 4

On 3/15/2021 at 10:50 PM, mpeeps said:

Estee Lauder is actually going to be a tsv!  I guess with all the malls and dept stores closing, they need to resort to home shopping. Their night repair is a great product though as boring as it is. Tried and true!

Unfortunately, everybody on QVC presented it as an old lady product. They all went on and on about remembering their mothers using it, and other old products such as Youth Dew. Estee Lauder needs a perked-up ad campaign for the product, leaving out the emphasis on the history of the Mrs. Lauder, and positioning it as competitive with newer products. Maybe they could also repackage it in some more attractive bottles. Those bottles are very meh.

• Like 12
  • Useful 3

EL is definitely recognized as a mature and classic product line. An original in the beauty business. Sadly, the Q hosts made sure to remind us over and over.  I discovered the Night Repair from numerous bonus samples my Mom or I would get by purchasing their other products over the years. I didn't realize it worked until I stopped using it for and few days. It's one of the few serums that absorbs quickly into the skin, is not smelly (very important), nice texture and makes your skin feel and look soft. Their Doublewear foundation is great too but expensive and there's much more affordable and just as good out there in the drugstores.  They should update the boring brown bottle. Reminds me of Perricone which I tried a sample and not good.  

Edited by mpeeps
  • Like 4
  • Useful 6

7 hours ago, Coffeecup said:

Unfortunately, everybody on QVC presented it as an old lady product. They all went on and on about remembering their mothers using it, and other old products such as Youth Dew. Estee Lauder needs a perked-up ad campaign for the product, leaving out the emphasis on the history of the Mrs. Lauder, and positioning it as competitive with newer products. Maybe they could also repackage it in some more attractive bottles. Those bottles are very meh.

because they are obsessed with "story" thing ,  too much on everything with the "story"  it's one brief sentence you go into the product 

I can never tell who QVC wants to sell to ,

• Like 4
  • Useful 1

9 hours ago, Thumper said:

I love looking at the sweaters on Irish days, but I have two that I never wear.  Too expensive to give away!!

Make them into objets d'art:

image.png.9a8173e76fdc016a897e04c4cff09835.pngimage.png.69b1623769649e9255a555480b01c925.png

18 minutes ago, hummingbird said:

I can never tell who QVC wants to sell to ,

image.png.ef89e38a33e1f854dd577ad702f40ec9.png

• Like 2
  • Useful 1
  • Laugh 8

9 hours ago, Thumper said:

I love looking at the sweaters on Irish days, but I have two that I never wear.  Too expensive to give away!! 😂. I guess I will just look at them and admire them.  lol.   Kind of like that Quacker Factory appliquéd suede jacket I have!

error

Edited by hummingbird

15 hours ago, Coffeecup said:

Almost ten years ago, Estee Lauder did their collab with Lilly Pulitzer. It was very popular, but I think people were buying rando stuff just to get the Lilly bag and Lilly branded GWP items. I don't think it did anything to create brand loyalty. I myself did not continue to use any of the products I bought so I could get the GWP. Estee Lauder was a few years ahead of the 2015 Lilly x Target that basically broke Target and caused the cancellation of the in-person Lilly Pulitzer Warehouse Sale (of which I was a camp out veteran). 

I agree on the repackaging and I think they would be wise to launch another collab with brighter/more luxe looking containers. In this age of social media and social media influencing, everything is about how things look in photographs. Although I do think Advance Night Repair should stay the same in its chem lab bottle - that is a forever classic!

• Like 3
  • Useful 1

On 3/17/2021 at 10:54 PM, Coffeecup said:

And the callers always start out like... "I'm 80 years old"....

• Laugh 1

6 minutes ago, rocketinu said:

So is Quacker Factory gone from qvc?

No, but the hours have been drastically reduced and most of the little time it has is spent over on Q2 (Angel is one of the OAPs who does a host-your-own live show once a week).  Angel has said on air more than once that it's because they're having trouble getting new product in from overseas so they have less available to sell.  They've also started saying this more with respect to D&Co and I'm sure they have problems with others, so there's more than one clothing brand in which they're digging stuff out of the warehouse just to have stuff to put on air.

• Like 4
  • Useful 2

1 hour ago, JT57 said:

And the callers always start out like... "I'm 80 years old"....

Old lady product or not, it is a great line, IMHO.

• Like 4

47 minutes ago, letusprocrastinate said:

No, but the hours have been drastically reduced and most of the little time it has is spent over on Q2 (Angel is one of the OAPs who does a host-your-own live show once a week).  Angel has said on air more than once that it's because they're having trouble getting new product in from overseas so they have less available to sell.  They've also started saying this more with respect to D&Co and I'm sure they have problems with others, so there's more than one clothing brand in which they're digging stuff out of the warehouse just to have stuff to put on air.

Does this mean *gasp* no more pallets?!

• Laugh 7

2 hours ago, LeeDenny said:

Does this mean *gasp* no more pallets?!

"Joe, get that off the pallet!  They need to fill up time next Tuesday!"

(In all seriousness, right now the reigning Champeen of the Pallet Treatment is Christmas decor, led by VPH products, followed by the perpetually-there Breezies.  Quacker doesn't seem to show up that often.)

Edited by letusprocrastinate · Reason: As always, I need to get a life
  • Like 3

Shawn with her hair & glasses. Yeah! I can’t take her seriously at all. That said, the sweater is cute. I don’t know if I’d wear it but it’s sorta cute, right?

5DE1FF5D-042C-4FAD-B31C-F994133C6093.jpeg

• Like 4
  • Surprise 1

5 minutes ago, ByaNose said:

Shawn with her hair & glasses. Yeah! I can’t take her seriously at all. That said, the sweater is cute. I don’t know if I’d wear it but it’s sorta cute, right?

5DE1FF5D-042C-4FAD-B31C-F994133C6093.jpeg

I’d get that sweater if it were longer. 

• Like 2

not surprised there are not tiny daisies on those glasses, 

just no 

I  clicked the channel and changed it pdq last night

• Laugh 4

4 minutes ago, SuprSuprElevated said:

phpYQ4YuaAM.jpg

dog says excuse me,  I went to the groomers today

• Like 1
  • Laugh 7

Read on Facebook that Kerstin’s mom passed away.  Sad, she appeared to be quite young 

• Sad 5

3 hours ago, Etherbunny said:

Read on Facebook that Kerstin’s mom passed away.  Sad, she appeared to be quite young 

Kerstin said her mom was born in 1947, so she was 71, young for a senior.

• Surprise 1
  • Sad 3

She would be 74 in 2021. So she was either 73 or 74 depending on her birthday.

• Like 3

10 hours ago, kittygirl said:

She would be 74 in 2021. So she was either 73 or 74 depending on her birthday.

Still quite young for this to happen. I wonder if she had early onset Alzheimer's. My mother had it, but she didn't show symptoms until she was almost 80.

• Like 1
  • Useful 1
  • Sad 2

Nearly $25 per pan of a 2-set of St. Clair's 2-lb spinach casserole and mac and cheese?  Good grief.

(M-73076)

Edited by letusprocrastinate
  • Surprise 6

18 hours ago, Coffeecup said:

Kerstin said her mom was born in 1947, so she was 71, young for a senior.

And Kerstin is young to be losing her Mother.  Sad and life changing 😔

• Like 2
  • Sad 2

I thought about trying this Laura G TSV when I saw it on the QVC home page a couple of days ago, but watching Laura’s brief demo video about the colors made me see it’s not for me. Not one cool shade for those who have pink undertones.  Her range is more limited that It Cosmetics.

• Like 1
  • Useful 3

oy Chaz Dean selling his self tanner, trying to tell me it's different, 

they all look alike to me , they all look orange 

Sandra going with every BS he is saying 

• Like 8

I don't buy the story that they can't get product.  Other lines like Logo, Gravel, Graver and the like don't seem to be having problems getting their stuff.  Maybe if they didn't produce their products in slave labor camps in China, they wouldn't have so many problems.  Yeah, yeah, I know things would cost more, but I have no problem with that.  Hell, Graver's stuff is already expensive even though it's made overseas.

When did Q start not allowing returns on sale items?  I noticed today on Q2, they're doing clearance items and it's all sales final, no returns whatsoever.  I know I've returned sale items before when they didn't fit.  

• Like 2
  • Useful 2
  • Surprise 2

18 hours ago, KLovestoShop said:

I don't buy the story that they can't get product.  Other lines like Logo, Gravel, Graver and the like don't seem to be having problems getting their stuff.  Maybe if they didn't produce their products in slave labor camps in China, they wouldn't have so many problems.  Yeah, yeah, I know things would cost more, but I have no problem with that.  Hell, Graver's stuff is already expensive even though it's made overseas.

When did Q start not allowing returns on sale items?  I noticed today on Q2, they're doing clearance items and it's all sales final, no returns whatsoever.  I know I've returned sale items before when they didn't fit.  

From what I understand, with the items that get the final sale designation returns are only allowed if something is defective or Q screwed up, like sending someone the wrong item.  Otherwise, congrats, you own it.

Some of that stuff has likely been sitting around for years.  As well, they're also clearing out things that are very limited in size and/or color, so even if you wanted to do an exchange you probably can't.

Edited by letusprocrastinate
  • Like 4

I watched a bit of Chaz Dean's WEN stuff this afternoon.  I don't even know where to start.......he's always been a bit odd to me in both the looks department and demeanor.  Now, he's over the top.  Just plain weird.  I swear, he's like a Bubble Boy - can't do this, can't wear that, this gives him migraines, can't be in the sun.......on and on and on.  I get it and feel for him, but couldn't he try to be just a little bit normal?

• Like 10
  • Laugh 1

6 minutes ago, lovemesomejoolery said:

I watched a bit of Chaz Dean's WEN stuff this afternoon.  I don't even know where to start.......he's always been a bit odd to me in both the looks department and demeanor.  Now, he's over the top.  Just plain weird.  I swear, he's like a Bubble Boy - can't do this, can't wear that, this gives him migraines, can't be in the sun.......on and on and on.  I get it and feel for him, but couldn't he try to be just a little bit normal?

I think that once people become wealthy, they can get more nitpicky, especially if they are celebrities who have an entourage of people stroking their egos.. The rest of us have to learn to live with a lot of crap.

Edited by Coffeecup
  • Like 9
  • Useful 1

It's been an all day beauty day at QVC, yet Jane still has to get in her 2 hour namesake shoe shopping show.

I swear that QVC looks at their inventory and just gives her the ugliest shoes they have in their warehouse to sell in these two hours.

• Like 9
  • Laugh 5

4 hours ago, Coffeecup said:

4 hours ago, lovemesomejoolery said:

I think that once people become wealthy, they can get more nitpicky, especially if they are celebrities who have an entourage of people stroking their egos.. The rest of us have to learn to live with a lot of crap.

Edited 4 hours ago by Coffeecup

Maybe Chaz Dean and the Unwashed One could be sent to a camp this summer. Some sort of bucolic place where they can be coaxed out of their eccentricities and back to a sense of renewed normalcy.

Arts, crafts, songs.  Whatever it takes. Hmm?

• Laugh 12

12 minutes ago, lovemesomejoolery said:

It's been an all day beauty day at QVC, yet Jane still has to get in her 2 hour namesake shoe shopping show.

I swear that QVC looks at their inventory and just gives her the ugliest shoes they have in their warehouse to sell in these two hours.

LOL, probably that's what they do. Jane is so enthusiastic that she will make her best effort to sell anything they give her.

• Like 7

43 minutes ago, lovemesomejoolery said:

Agree.  Once in awhile she gets some funky L’Artiste shoes that I like — others may find them ugly! 😁

I like the colorful shrug she is wearing.  Anyone know if it’s a Q item?

• Like 4

58 minutes ago, Thumper said:

That's Isaac A395164, in mint. 

I'll be here all week. 

• Like 7
  • Laugh 3

1 hour ago, lovemesomejoolery said:

They'd better be clearing out the warehouse. There aren't any new shoes getting through the Suez Canal. 🤔

image.png.2b950afe88f6c626d57c6a8e4bf04392.png

• Laugh 7

22 minutes ago, LeeDenny said:

They'd better be clearing out the warehouse. There aren't any new shoes getting through the Suez Canal. 🤔

Oops !  Someone asleep at the wheel ? 

• Laugh 3

11 hours ago, Thumper said:

Agree.  Once in awhile she gets some funky L’Artiste shoes that I like — others may find them ugly! 😁

Has anyone noticed this about our friend Jane......She is CONSTANTLY adjusting whatever top/shirt she wears, she even pulls it down prior to sitting down on the couch.  It almost is a nervous tick, it is constant.  Next time she’s on, watch it.  It’s very odd 

• Like 3
  • Useful 4

10 hours ago, LeeDenny said:

I said to parallel park!

• Laugh 4

32 minutes ago, Etherbunny said:

Has anyone noticed this about our friend Jane......She is CONSTANTLY adjusting whatever top/shirt she wears, she even pulls it down prior to sitting down on the couch.  It almost is a nervous tick, it is constant.  Next time she’s on, watch it.  It’s very odd 

Jill B did that all the time,  it's because the clothing doesn't fit them properly

across the sizes of all the women most of the time they are in too small clothing , even Ade had on some pants that were too tight for her 

• Like 5

The ship is still blocking the canal. So all the other ships are waiting. The canal is used by about 10% of the world’s shipping. If you look at the very right, where the sand and water meet, you can see a digger. That ship is massive!

Maybe we’ll be seeing a lot more advanced ordering. 

• Like 3
  • Useful 2

1 hour ago, hummingbird said:

Jill B did that all the time,  it's because the clothing doesn't fit them properly

across the sizes of all the women most of the time they are in too small clothing , even Ade had on some pants that were too tight for her 

It’s almost like a nervous tick.  Wouldn’t you just wear a shirt that fits properly?  Since I noticed this, I am fixated on it, not even paying attention to what she is selling lol

• Like 3
  • Laugh 3

12 hours ago, Drogo said:

That's Isaac A395164, in mint. 

I'll be here all week. 

Thank you!  I took a closer look and it’s a “no” for me.

• Laugh 2

5 hours ago, Etherbunny said:

I've noticed it too. Very distracting.

4 hours ago, hummingbird said:

Absolutely! Everything is ill-fitting (i.e., too small) and therefore shows every lump and bump, which is why the constant tugging. Carolyn does it too, although not nearly as much as Jane.

• Like 8

It's amazing how sensitive world-wide shipping is to the slightest hiccup in the system. I think covid related stoppages led to many of the advance order items.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, letusprocrastinate said:

They've got the ship, which is longer than 4 football fields laid end-to-end(!), partially dislodged:

https://nypost.com/2021/03/24/giant-container-ship-blocking-suez-canal-partially-moved/

What happened to proofreading? The NY Post called that ship "Ever Given" throughout the article. You can clearly see from the pictures and video that the name is "Evergreen." Did somebody dictate the article to AI software, and it screwed up the name?

• Like 1
  • Laugh 3

7 hours ago, LeeDenny said:

The ship is still blocking the canal. So all the other ships are waiting. The canal is used by about 10% of the world’s shipping. If you look at the very right, where the sand and water meet, you can see a digger. That ship is massive!

Maybe we’ll be seeing a lot more advanced ordering. 

Yeah, each one of those shipping containers loaded on board are about the size of a semi trailer.  Makes one wonder wth happened.

• Like 1