Forums forums
PRIMETIMER
SilverStormm

QVC

I was hoping they were going to have the new Shark hairdryer. Sometimes they do have good “pack ups” for appliances. I bought directly from Shark with a BF deal. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, LeeDenny said:

I was hoping they were going to have the new Shark hairdryer. Sometimes they do have good “pack ups” for appliances. I bought directly from Shark with a BF deal. 

guess the shark dryer is a knock off supersonic?  will look for it

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, litehauskeeper said:

guess the shark dryer is a knock off supersonic?  will look for it

Yes, I think it is. I got the attachment that works like the RevAir dryer. 
I’m really surprised Q didn’t have it for the holidays. 

• Like 2

5 hours ago, litehauskeeper said:

the hot tools set

and the little plug in heaters, my bathroom gets very cold 

oh and yesterday a DMQ ring, oval set east/west that was clearance 

Would you report back in on the little plug-in heaters?  I was wondering about them.

• Like 5

1 hour ago, doglover67 said:

POOR JEN, her face is melting  off!

That reminds me of a story. . . my friend and I took her young daughter to NYC to see the show The Little Mermaid. It was incredibly hot and humid in the city, as well as raining off and on - I was trying to mop up the sweat and she looked at me in horror - "Miss xx, your face is falling off!"

• Laugh 6
  • Surprise 2

It's because she's wearing that horrible red lipstick. Way too harsh and aging. It was nice for a one off Jen, but go back to a nude lip.

• Like 7

1 hour ago, sauce62 said:

It's because she's wearing that horrible red lipstick. Way too harsh and aging. It was nice for a one off Jen, but go back to a nude lip.

I think you're right! I was trying to place what was off with Jen, and it *has* been ever since she started wearing that colour of lipstick. I normally love red, but I think her lip shape would do much better with a neutral shade.

• Like 4

I agree that dark and red lipstick colors are not flattering to older (including me!) women, especially anyone (like me) with thinner lips.

Similar to the dark under eye liner — stop at a certain age (MBR and JRT).  If you must do the under eye, go to a softer brown or gray color.

I’m not even into makeup, and I’ve learned these tips!  😁

• Like 8

1 hour ago, One4Sorrow2TooBad said:

Here we go again with the Halo Bolt jump pack power charger. Has anyone who bought one of these( or similar unit)  still has one that works and hasn't become a $140.00 paperweight???? 

I keep one in the car and one in the house.  I have had to use it twice to jump my car, and it worked as advertised.  I have used both of them in the house during a power failure.  I have given a couple as gifts.  They do work, they do not take up much room to store, and they hold a charge for a year.  This is one item the Q sells that does do its job.  Well worth the price, in my humble opinion.

• Like 8
  • Useful 3

7 hours ago, CalicoKitty said:

I keep one in the car and one in the house.  I have had to use it twice to jump my car, and it worked as advertised.  I have used both of them in the house during a power failure.  I have given a couple as gifts.  They do work, they do not take up much room to store, and they hold a charge for a year.  This is one item the Q sells that does do its job.  Well worth the price, in my humble opinion.

I totally agree. I have two and have had them both for a few years. They both still work well. One of the best purchases I've made from the Q over the years.

• Like 6
  • Useful 2

8 hours ago, CalicoKitty said:

Well worth the price, in my humble opinion.

Good to know...

Back on 11/13/21, I ordered the following from amazon:

HALO Bolt 58830 mWh Portable Phone Laptop Charger Car Jump Starter with AC Outlet and Car Charger**

Price including tax=$95.91

**Minus the air compressor

• Like 4

18 hours ago, One4Sorrow2TooBad said:

Here we go again with the Halo Bolt jump pack power charger. Has anyone who bought one of these( or similar unit)  still has one that works and hasn't become a $140.00 paperweight???? 

That'd be me.  $75 bucks on Ebay 4 yrs ago.  Used it again 2-3 weeks ago.

Edited by SuprSuprElevated
  • Like 2

47 minutes ago, Cupcake04 said:

Man what an underhwleming black friday weekend on the Q.  

I think someone else mentioned they are probably stuck selling what’s been sitting in the warehouse for a while. 😕

• Like 6

They've been showing the same stuff, over and over, for more than just Black Friday weekend.  This has been going on for at least a good week.

What am I saying?  It's been like this for the past couple of years!

• Like 4
  • Useful 1
  • Laugh 5

For those of you wishing that OAPs would be back in studio, it looks like that's not happening any time soon.  Maybe not ever?

I follow Megan Murray on Instagram....she posted that she's started a business with her best friend in New Jersey.  Check out what she says about her QVC job.  

1452838189_2021-11-28(2)_LI.thumb.jpg.07071f47de53e7258e60da5d8bf62e6d.jpg

• Like 3
  • Useful 4

27 minutes ago, emmawoodhouse said:

Oh, she's moving to my SIL's neck of woods. A nice, upscale town. 

I don't think she's moving - her current home is too splendid for that!  I think she's just commuting there as time allows.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, lovemesomejoolery said:

I don't think she's moving - her current home is too splendid for that!  I think she's just commuting there as time allows.

I was wondering about that. Summit is in Northern NJ, suburban NYC really. 

• Like 2

21 hours ago, Booney said:

I totally agree. I have two and have had them both for a few years. They both still work well. One of the best purchases I've made from the Q over the years.

Is having to jump start your car a cold weather thing?  

36 minutes ago, AuntCarol said:

if you have an old battery, have not run your car to  charge it recently, and it's very very cold

extremely cold weather it harder on the battery 

Edited by litehauskeeper
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, AuntCarol said:

I have been taking one of our two vehicles out of service for 6 mos at a time for the past few years, as hubs didn't want to acknowledge that he wasn't likely going to drive anymore.  His truck-based SUV was used in the winter, and my crossover was used in the summer.  Well, before I bought a battery tender to keep on the stored vehicle, I found myself having to jump start the battery several times if I didn't start and run it often enough (yes, cold months will run down a battery quicker).  Don't know why the battery had to be jumped a couple weeks ago, but the Halo did it's thing without hesitation.  We have now finally sold hubs vehicle, so I can stop playing switcheroo, and will gain half a garage.  Bittersweet really.

• Like 9
  • Useful 1
  • Sad 1

Car batteries don't withstand extreme heat very well either. It was a real problem in Phoenix. I had to jump my car plenty of times there.

• Like 4
  • Useful 6

7 hours ago, litehauskeeper said:

if you have an old battery, have not run your car to  charge it recently, and it's very very cold

extremely cold weather it harder on the battery 

I always check my car battery (at the dealer) 2X/year before and after our scorching summer heat in Phoenix, AZ.  Two or 3X the battery had to be replaced.  They told me that extreme heat is very hard on car batteries. 

The thought of having a dead battery in 110 degree heat compels me to make that trip to the dealer without hesitation each year!

Edited by pdlinda
  • Like 11
  • Useful 1

8 hours ago, AuntCarol said:

Nope.  I used to live in Stockton CA, and had to jump my battery when I was parked by the court house for jury duty.  No snow there.  And again when I was shopping, and my battery was dead (apparently it was time to replace it).  And I drive newer, well-maintained cars.  It happens.  I have also used my Halo to help people when their car batteries went dead.  I have learned that it is better to be prepared than be stuck.  Maybe it is just me.....

• Like 8

On 11/29/2021 at 10:19 AM, LeeDenny said:

Car batteries don't withstand extreme heat very well either. It was a real problem in Phoenix. I had to jump my car plenty of times there.

ITA, I live in Illinois (which can't compare to heat in AZ or CA) every time I had a car battery fail it's been in August.  The mechanic told me the same @LeeDenny,  he replaced more batteries in the summer than winter..

I've learned my lesson (with age comes wisdom)  & like @pdlinda get my battery checked twice a year.  I also have a Halo (thanks Ebay) in my glove box, fortunately haven't needed it (knocking on wood!)

• Like 3

Do you think the lurex in the TSV slippers would be scratchy?  I’m not into sparkle but the blush ones look less sparkly.

6 minutes ago, Thumper said:

Do you think the lurex in the TSV slippers would be scratchy?  I’m not into sparkle but the blush ones look less sparkly.

If they are fully lined, it should be okay. Otherwise, I think lurex is always scratchy.

• Like 5

Here’s a little tidbit I found amusing while at Mom’s. She truly believes that the Q selects hosts for the gourmet food shows based upon their weight. Well she said they are picked be because they don’t gain weight. 

I said no way, it’s based upon sales numbers. It’s a business, not a old friends club(she considers some old time hosts like friends).Nope, it’s because they don’t gain weight. Now keep in mind she watches but hasn’t ordered a thing in over a year. 

If the Q was concerned about hosts gaining weight due to food presentations, Diva would have been pulled from his shows a few years back. 

The Halo does work. Jumped my car about a year ago, then my brother used it for mom’s car. I got mine via Amazon, charcoal gray color as it had an online 10% coupon. I think it came to $85 approximately. 

• Like 2

I did my grocery shopping this morning and on an endcap in the freezer section, a lovely Juniors cheesecake caught my eye, so I bought it!  I took a picture of it and then realized I could just go online and grab a picture there......it's a small, 6", 1 1/2 pound one, perfect for my husband and I.  And ONLY $9.99.  It looks like a larger version of those mini-cheesecakes they sell at QVC, has green and red round sprinkles on it.

Just for reference, QVC has a 3 1/4 pound one of this raspberry swirl (they call it Christmas Swirl) on their website for $54.  No doubt, $20 of that is the shipping charge, but still, you can find these things out in the wild!

1787193303_2021-12-01(4).png.f512ce615dd67c91ffa76b2412e9456a.png

Edited by lovemesomejoolery
  • Like 6
  • Useful 2
  • Surprise 2

16 minutes ago, Retired at last said:

OMGLOL! I CANNOT! lolol! Diva just walked in on Alberti and Rachel's show during a (paraphrasing here) "regional cake favourite" that was being presented, and the OAP only had a few words in. David looked over the mess that Rachel made with pinching all the food apart and tasting it, and asked where his piece was! And then the tiresome happy dance. He literally hijacked the end of that show! 🤣🤣🤣

1 minute ago, DallysMom said:

Edited, because I inadvertently crossed over to Retired At Last's topic. Sorry about that, Retired At Last!

Edited by DallysMom
  • Like 5

1 hour ago, Thumper said:

How’s it taste?

It's frozen and we probably won't crack it open until Saturday or Sunday.  I have gotten a plain Juniors cheesecake from Wegmans before and it was good.  I've also bought slices from Juniors in NYC.  It's very dense, so it will last us awhile.  I'll probably cut it in half and refreeze one half for later.  My husband and I both like cheesecake, but my husband likes a fluffier texture than that of Junior's.  I'd have to agree, but both of us love cheesecake so we wouldn't turn any brand down!  We'll probably eat this one and not have it again for a year!

• Like 7

I ordered a lemon cheesecake from QVC one year from Junior's and it was delicious. It was very much a NY cheesecake and NOT a Sara Lee one. But, with a nice cup of tea, it is wonderful. (On keto, that is one of the easiest desserts too make, so I keep trying to have one on hand all the time.)

• Like 5

1 hour ago, Retired at last said:

I ordered a lemon cheesecake from QVC one year from Junior's and it was delicious. It was very much a NY cheesecake and NOT a Sara Lee one. But, with a nice cup of tea, it is wonderful. (On keto, that is one of the easiest desserts too make, so I keep trying to have one on hand all the time.)

Do they still make Sarah Lee cheesecakes?  I looked for them and don't see them anywhere.

My husband likes Cheesecake Factory's cheesecake.  It's dense, but not as dense as Juniors.  Neither one of us are big cheesecake fans, but we've been craving it lately.  If we go to the Cheesecake Factory, we'll get a slice each there and that does us for awhile.  I like the size of this one I got today by Juniors and I love raspberry, so I know it's going to be good!  

• Like 4

I do remember that on her last show with Killinger, there was some mention of it being her last show on Dare to Share because Elise was doing something they couldn't talk about.  That was months ago, though.  At least it feels like it.

• Like 10

I think when Elise left Shawn it was to do her new Monday morning and Tuesday morning shows.  Those seemed to have been sidelined (maybe just for the holiday season) and she appears to be relegated back to Q2.

Elise's Reinvention 2.0

• Like 5
  • Useful 1