Forums forums
PRIMETIMER
SilverStormm

QVC

22 hours ago, litehauskeeper said:

have seen H shoes at Marshalls,  

wonder why they couldn't make that brand work on Q,?  

Good question.  I wonder if it had anything to do with the tall dorkey guy that was the spokesperson???  Wounder what happened to him  Can't remember his name.

1 minute ago, JT57 said:

Good question.  I wonder if it had anything to do with the tall dorkey guy that was the spokesperson???  Wounder what happened to him  Can't remember his name.

Cameron 

I don't think so. he had a fashion background, I think it started  "dressier" for lack of a better word, category and Q just wants to peddle casual stuff and the line became joggers etc 

• Like 4
  • Useful 1
  • Sad 2

3 hours ago, SuprSuprElevated said:

re:  Cameron Silver

He still shows H Halston/H by Halston references on all of his search engine info, so either there is still some life in it somewhere, or no one cares enough to update it.

cameronsilver.com

I really like Cameron as a presenter. He's knowledgable, professional and has a good sense of humor. Something from the web page linked above caught my eye: 

"Since fashion philanthropist Cameron Silver opened the doors of Decades in 1997, the dress code in Los Angeles has irrevocably changed due – in large part – to Silver exhorting his frequently-photographed, trendsetting clientele to “dress up!” 

He should've exhorted the hosts he worked with to "dress up!" too. Hmmm, maybe he did and that's why we don't see him as much any more. God forbid anyone should dress up in the Q land of pajamas, sweats and loungewear.

• Like 12

1 hour ago, Booney said:

I really like Cameron as a presenter. He's knowledgable, professional and has a good sense of humor. Something from the web page linked above caught my eye: 

"Since fashion philanthropist Cameron Silver opened the doors of Decades in 1997, the dress code in Los Angeles has irrevocably changed due – in large part – to Silver exhorting his frequently-photographed, trendsetting clientele to “dress up!” 

He should've exhorted the hosts he worked with to "dress up!" too. Hmmm, maybe he did and that's why we don't see him as much any more. God forbid anyone should dress up in the Q land of pajamas, sweats and loungewear.

I always liked him too.  A bit quirky, but very knowledgable and respectful of his chosen vocation.

• Like 10

1 hour ago, Booney said:

Since fashion philanthropist Cameron Silver opened the doors of Decades in 1997, the dress code in Los Angeles has irrevocably changed due – in large part – to Silver exhorting his frequently-photographed, trendsetting clientele to “dress up!” 

Well, that was before COVID so there's "that." 

I used to "dress up" all the time. 

Now it's exactly what they're selling (not that I buy my clothes from them).

I do hope that others are more inclined than I am to "dress up."  I'm simply not in the mood.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, pdlinda said:

Well, that was before COVID so there's "that." 

I used to "dress up" all the time. 

Now it's exactly what they're selling (not that I buy my clothes from them).

I do hope that others are more inclined than I am to "dress up."  I'm simply not in the mood.

Many here have often made the distinction that the hosts/presenters should not be considered on par with their viewers in as much as their mode of dress, etc.  I'm somewhere in the middle of the debate.  While I understand the theory of being "relatable" and wearing the inventory they're efforting to sell, I do find the uber casual dress and attitudes to be a bit off-putting, when done to the level they are now; 24/7/365.  For me, the right way would be to have the occasional hours of selling that style, sandwiched with business casual/dressy offerings.  I do however recognize that the work world is changing at a frantic pace.

Edited by SuprSuprElevated
  • Like 9

Q has no modulation it's either 24/7

joggers and PJs and leggins not everyone wears them all day

new phrase Moment

supply chain etc

adding heavy use of "memories" as well

Edited by litehauskeeper
  • Like 6

50 minutes ago, SuprSuprElevated said:

Many here have often made the distinction that the hosts/presenters should not be considered on par with their viewers in as much as their mode of dress, etc.  I'm somewhere in the middle of the debate.  While I understand the theory of being "relatable" and wearing the inventory they're efforting to sell, I do find the uber casual dress and attitudes to be a bit off-putting, when done to the level they are now; 24/7/365.  For me, the right way would be to have the occasional hours of selling that style, sandwiched with business casual/dressy offerings.  I do however recognize that the work world is changing at a frantic pace.

Some hosts look they just stumbled out of bed. I can't stand all the hours of pajamas with camp socks and beanie hats, and I'm fed up with every host saying you can wear these getups out in public. "I would totally wear that to [the grocery store, pick up the kids at school, lunch with friends]."

The best dressed host, IMO, is Katrina. Love her shows with Dennis Basso. The clothes can qualify as dressy/business casual.

• Like 17

1 minute ago, Coffeecup said:

Some hosts look they just stumbled out of bed. I can't stand all the hours of pajamas with camp socks and beanie hats, and I'm fed up with every host saying you can wear these getups out in public. "I would totally wear that to [the grocery store, pick up the kids at school, lunch with friends]."

The best dressed host, IMO, is Katrina. Love her shows with Dennis Basso. The clothes can qualify as dressy/business casual.

Agreed.

• Like 9

6 hours ago, SuprSuprElevated said:

re:  Cameron Silver

He still shows H Halston/H by Halston references on all of his search engine info, so either there is still some life in it somewhere, or no one cares enough to update it.

cameronsilver.com

H Halston showed up on HSN after H by Halston left Q. Not much is there now, and nothing appears to be for the current season.

https://www.hsn.com/shop/h-halston-womens-clothing/fa0153-8104

• Useful 5

Katrina and Sandra manage to look nice while dressing casually. Maybe because everything they wear goes together instead of throwing on whatever idea on the top of the clean laundry pile. 

• Like 18

12 minutes ago, LeeDenny said:

Katrina and Sandra manage to look nice while dressing casually. Maybe because everything they wear goes together instead of throwing on whatever idea on the top of the clean laundry pile. 

Also, their hair is well groomed and attractive. 

Some of the hosts (names shall remain unspoken) do look like they are styling the "disheveled" look to "perfection."  Some are in desperate need of "touch-up" in the color department and others simply look like a wig was thrown on without styling.

• Like 7

I forgot Vanessa. She always looks clean, groomed and well dressed. I won’t begrudge her signature nails. For the most part they look good. 

• Like 9

55 minutes ago, LeeDenny said:

I forgot Vanessa. She always looks clean, groomed and well dressed. I won’t begrudge her signature nails. For the most part they look good. 

I agree with you on everything EXCEPT the "signature nails."  

As hard as I try, I can't give her a pass on those colorful "daggers."  Look trashy to me.  She deserves better.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, LeeDenny said:

Maybe because everything they wear goes together instead of throwing on whatever idea on the top of the clean laundry pile. 

I have a feeling that one of them grabs things from the bottom of the dirty pile!

• Like 3
  • Laugh 1

And ALL the same blankets and throws from all of the Q brands they are offering to wear with your pjs and cabin socks is out of control now.  

• Like 9

4 hours ago, LeeDenny said:

I forgot about her, too!  I don't begrudge her the nail look - she's young and, as you said, it's mostly done well.

It's because I rarely see her.....QVC insists on utilizing the same old hosts on their main channel that are just as stale as their product!  They relegate anyone good (which can be read as "new") to the late night hours.

• Like 9
  • Useful 1

I’m shocked they aren’t selling another Barefoot Dreams something. LOL!!! How will they survive? The TSV did look cozy but I didn’t like the price of $86. I saw Carolyn today and she tries but always looks so frump no matter what she wears. Unfortunately, a lot of it is Denim & Company. It’s just a good look for her and her helmet head. They must sell a lot of it since it’s a weekly show. I also saw Candice Cameron Bure and her stuff looks cute…..if you are skinny and still look like you did in the 80’s and 90’s like she does. She’s a very young looking 45 with a body that hasn’t changed much. Her stuff is causal and not frumpy looking. It isn’t horribly priced either. I’ve seen several of the host wearing her  Stripe Open Stitch Summer Sweater. People went crazy for it. 

https://www.qvc.com/Candace-Cameron-Bure-Stripe-Open-Stitch-Summer-Sweater.product.A396655.html

• Like 3

Hey - it's April already! My order of Kitchenaid bowls that were on advanced order to be shipped next April, were just shipped! I hope to get them sometime before April. I hope they aren't returns.

• Like 4
  • Laugh 8

The complaints have been starting to appear over the past few days about Corky's turkey and ham TSV from last month not showing up in time for things to thaw prior to Thanksgiving Day, so people are cancelling orders, running out to the store at the last minute, etc. 

Edited by letusprocrastinate
  • Like 3
  • Surprise 10
  • Sad 3

1 hour ago, letusprocrastinate said:

The complaints have been starting to appear over the past few days about Corky's turkey and ham TSV from last month not showing up in time for things to thaw prior to Thanksgiving Day, so people are cancelling orders, running out to the store at the last minute, etc. 

I would not trust anything I really need to show up on time this year. 

• Like 16

Has anyone EVER seen the winners of any of the Q's sweepstakes? I vaguely recall one being featured live on air via Skype (before video calling became the norm). But I could be imagining that. 🤷🏽‍♀️

I feel like a fool entering daily, and yet I can't stop. 😄

• Like 3
  • Laugh 3

44 minutes ago, PopItInUrWasher said:

Has anyone EVER seen the winners of any of the Q's sweepstakes? I vaguely recall one being featured live on air via Skype (before video calling became the norm). But I could be imagining that. 🤷🏽‍♀️

I feel like a fool entering daily, and yet I can't stop. 😄

Heck, don't feel foolish. You might win something. It's not like spending money on lottery tickets. The sweepstakes are free to enter.

• Like 7

On 11/23/2021 at 3:02 PM, LeeDenny said:

I bet Katrina has PTSD having to wear LOGO or PJ's or how about Quacker Factory.  Or how about they pair Katrina with Caro ! ! ! !

• Like 1
  • Laugh 7

Male model Reggie has it all going on. I think they should make him a host. I have no idea if he can present but that hasn’t stopped other host. LOL!!! They are actually presenting Men’s Cuddl Duds. They look comfy and reasonable priced at $49.50. 

• Like 6
  • Laugh 3

I shouldn't be surprised by this......but a quick look at all of the items that have been on air today reveals that they literally are showing the same items, day after day after day......

Sure, it's in stock and ready to ship!  But it's all probably been there for a good couple of years (at least)!

It's going to be a looooooong Christmas holiday at the Q!

Edited by lovemesomejoolery
  • Like 4
  • Laugh 7

9 minutes ago, lovemesomejoolery said:

I shouldn't be surprised by this......but a quick look at all of the items that have been on air today reveals that they literally are showing the same items, day after day after day......

Sure, it's in stock and ready to ship!  But it's all probably been there for a good couple of years (at least)!

It's going to be a looooooong Christmas holiday at the Q!

🤣🤣🤣 I clearly have been watching too much QVC lately (mainly because I am over the news networks, and I like the background noise when I am doing housework) - but my other half walked in on a show I had on last night and said, "Wasn't that the same thing that's been on since last week? Definitely can't be a special! They must be clearing out the warehouse..." haha! How right he is!

Edited by DallysMom
  • Like 8
  • Laugh 6

I received the Beatrice fruitcake (chocolate variety).

If you are planning on ordering, have ready your Mark Charles shears upon receipt because that thing is boxed like Fort Knox.

It is chock full of fruit and nuts (candied cherries and pineapple, raisins, and walnuts) and prettily studded with a few blanched almonds and more candied cherries, and generously sprinkled with pecans.

It also seems to be loaded with alcohol (bourbon and rum are listed ingredients), as evidenced by the strong odor when I opened the plastic wrapping, the chubbiness of the raisins, and the intense flavor.

It is not conducive to slicing (even after refrigerated) due to the soft texture that reminds me of a rich chocolate brownie that has only been partially baked.

This is probably the reason Marie Louise was reminiscing about everyone picking at the fruitcake when her grandmother made it.  She did not paint an appealing picture.

Would I buy it again?  Probably not.  Maybe the original kind next.

Something about the festiveness of the jewel-like fruit always awakens my inner child.

But then the actual eating of it is usually a disappointment.

• Like 4
  • Useful 6

8 minutes ago, CandyApple said:

I received the Beatrice fruitcake (chocolate variety).

If you are planning on ordering, have ready your Mark Charles shears upon receipt because that thing is boxed like Fort Knox.

It is chock full of fruit and nuts (candied cherries and pineapple, raisins, and walnuts) and prettily studded with a few blanched almonds and more candied cherries, and generously sprinkled with pecans.

It also seems to be loaded with alcohol (bourbon and rum are listed ingredients), as evidenced by the strong odor when I opened the plastic wrapping, the chubbiness of the raisins, and the intense flavor.

It is not conducive to slicing (even after refrigerated) due to the soft texture that reminds me of a rich chocolate brownie that has only been partially baked.

This is probably the reason Marie Louise was reminiscing about everyone picking at the fruitcake when her grandmother made it.  She did not paint an appealing picture.

Would I buy it again?  Probably not.  Maybe the original kind next.

Something about the festiveness of the jewel-like fruit always awakens my inner child.

But then the actual eating of it is usually a disappointment.

I ordered it a year or two ago, but I don’t think it was the chocolate flavor.  My mom’s name was Beatrice and she loved fruitcake, so I bought one to a family gathering in her memory.  I don’t like all those chewy things in most fruitcakes, but this one was pretty good.  The fruits seemed like real fruit, the nuts were good, and the cake tasty.

• Like 5
  • Useful 2

7 minutes ago, From Where I Sit said:

980FE9A8-0297-494F-8B2E-728C7A301B77.thumb.jpeg.f67eba10aeda2e8771ae3cfe8b65b95a.jpeg

huh? Went to look at that laser cut foot file thing and this is what I saw.

must be busy on those phone lines though

The website loaded for me just now, but I'm not trying to order anything, just wanted to browse.

• Like 2

Wow they are in full scale hard sell mode tonight. I am at my mom’s, and she watches 1000% more than I do. I may watch a few minutes of ITKWD while on the phone with mom at times. She hasn’t ordered a thing from QVC in probably a year; not really the engagement they want.

Kept touting that there were 40k at QVC.com. Uh, if you’re in even 1 million households, which I believe it’s more than that, that’s a crappy percentage. Guessing all of your online competition is at least quadrupling your 40k. 

Then hyper Rick is boasting that the TSV at midnight is the computer of the year! It will be for a few days, then there will be the new bestest ever in a week or two. I know why I don’t watch that often. The hard sell is too much.

If I say wow this is awful, mom says why are you so down on them or you’re just crabbing. She truly thinks they are still the cutting edge retailer. That ship has long sailed along. 

• Like 11

8 hours ago, hoosier80 said:

Wow they are in full scale hard sell mode tonight. I am at my mom’s, and she watches 1000% more than I do. I may watch a few minutes of ITKWD while on the phone with mom at times. She hasn’t ordered a thing from QVC in probably a year; not really the engagement they want.

Kept touting that there were 40k at QVC.com. Uh, if you’re in even 1 million households, which I believe it’s more than that, that’s a crappy percentage. Guessing all of your online competition is at least quadrupling your 40k. 

Then hyper Rick is boasting that the TSV at midnight is the computer of the year! It will be for a few days, then there will be the new bestest ever in a week or two. I know why I don’t watch that often. The hard sell is too much.

If I say wow this is awful, mom says why are you so down on them or you’re just crabbing. She truly thinks they are still the cutting edge retailer. That ship has long sailed along. 

I've noticed that it's not just QVC, but all of the shopping channels have upped the hard sell in the past few weeks.  I don't even need the volume on to know; the body language makes it loud and clear.

On 11/24/2021 at 7:49 PM, DallysMom said:

🤣🤣🤣 I clearly have been watching too much QVC lately (mainly because I am over the news networks, and I like the background noise when I am doing housework) - but my other half walked in on a show I had on last night and said, "Wasn't that the same thing that's been on since last week? Definitely can't be a special! They must be clearing out the warehouse..." haha! How right he is!

I've found in my years of reading here that the significant others or kids of posters make some of the most pointed, and correct, assessments of a shopping channel as they're doing walk-bys of the TV.

Edited by letusprocrastinate
  • Like 17
  • Laugh 1

On 11/24/2021 at 5:35 PM, ByaNose said:

Male model Reggie has it all going on. I think they should make him a host. I have no idea if he can present but that hasn’t stopped other host. LOL!!! They are actually presenting Men’s Cuddl Duds. They look comfy and reasonable priced at $49.50. 

YES...  Reggie is a Sex God.  Nice smile.  I'd love to see him host.  Look out fat boy, Diva David.

• Like 2
  • Laugh 3

If someone gave me any kind of hairsetting device for a present, I'd throw it back in their face.  It would be like the hubby giving a sweeper or crockpot for Christmas.  I couldn't believe when one of the hosts said you could separate the Hot Tools and give them as individual gifts.  Not !!!

I've used Hot Tools that I've purchased from Ulta and I've really liked how they worked.  Did a nice job curling my very thin hair.  

• Like 5

I tuned in occasionally on Thanksgiving, and immediately noticed they brought in all the big guns to host. Hard sell equals desperate in my book. It's so obvious. 

• Like 3

Talk about same old stuff......

Saturday's TSV is .....wait for it.....another Halo Volt!

A hyper caffeinated Rick just popped up between Diva & Skunky's (talk about an odd couple!) presentations....apparently this new iteration of this Halo is better than last year's model, he said we'll all want to UPGRADE!!!!!

Um no Rick, don't think so Rick, another reason not to tune in tomorrow....

• Like 7
  • Laugh 1

7 hours ago, Polliwollidoodle said:

And no one has asked @litehauskeeper what 2 winning items they were? 

Ok, I'm asking! Do tell!!

the hot tools set

and the little plug in heaters, my bathroom gets very cold 

oh and yesterday a DMQ ring, oval set east/west that was clearance 

• Like 9

True Confessions continued:  I bought the Temptations Christmas platter for my sister in law who hosts Christmas Eve and Christmas Day.  Seems nice for cookies and pastries.  Waited for FS to order.

How many days till Christmas Eve?  Fingers crossed. 

• Like 8