Forums forums
PRIMETIMER
SilverStormm

QVC

Since Spanx are sold at QVC, thought I'd share this.  

(in case you don't want to click the link, she gave each employee 2 round trip tickets to anywhere in the world they wanted to go, as well as $10,000 each.  What a BOSS! )

Edited by lovemesomejoolery
  • Like 8
  • Surprise 4

RE: item K-54387 silicone popcorn popper.  I have one similar to this and it is fantastic.  Perfect popcorn every time.  However, I bought mine on Amazon for $13.99 instead of QVC price of over $30. True, I only got one, but it makes any size batch you want.  I have never had an unpopped kernel.  And it collapses for storage.  I'm sure the one on QVC works as well, and I am extremely happy with this type of popper.  And I don't have an extra popper that I don't want.  I can make a "personal size' serving by just putting less popcorn in the popper!  Certainly not worth paying over twice as much.

• Like 4
  • Useful 4

On 10/19/2021 at 12:19 AM, Thumper said:

I really dislike camouflage and Q goes overboard with it.

This  might not make sense, but to me it is disrespectful to those who serve(d) and earned the right to wear camo (or had to).  As for hunters, I guess I just don’t want to look like a hunter! 😂

Camouflage and animal print. QVC needs new purchasing agents.

• Like 6

I enjoyed and participated in the camo/tie dye/animal print phase, but I have moved on, although I still wear (and am wearing an animal print top now) and enjoy these (many) pieces, I am done with purchasing them.  I don't know what the new trend it, but I've been buying more solid color pieces; I have enough prints for now.

• Like 2

Why would someone buy a (Sherpa) jacket that would make them look humongous? I get the warm but the humongous part not so much. Pass. I swear they just had another Sherpa TSV earlier in the month. I don’t get the trend. I like my jackets to look nice on me but keep me warm. There are better options. IMO!

• Like 4

13 hours ago, ByaNose said:

Why would someone buy a (Sherpa) jacket that would make them look humongous? I get the warm but the humongous part not so much. Pass. I swear they just had another Sherpa TSV earlier in the month. I don’t get the trend. I like my jackets to look nice on me but keep me warm. There are better options. IMO!

Good frienemy gift. As soon as I saw this jacket, I immediately thought of you so I picked one up for you in red. Let me take a picture. 

• Laugh 8

21 minutes ago, Showthyme said:

Good frienemy gift. As soon as I saw this jacket, I immediately thought of you so I picked one up for you in red. Let me take a picture. 

Too funny! Like any gift I’m sure some would love it and others wouldn’t. I was just thinking it looks so huge and isn’t figure flattering. Of course, a lot those puffer coats aren’t figure flattering either. People just want the warmth. I’m from the northeast and I understand it but I still wouldn’t buy that Sherpa coat. 

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, Showthyme said:

We usually call those items here Gifts of Spite!! 😉  The Q has so many!!

Edited by mpeeps
  • Laugh 4

2 hours ago, mpeeps said:

We usually call those items here Gifts of Spite!! 😉  The Q has so many!!

Do they still mention the gift closet? LOL!!!L after all these years I still don’t have one. And, with the pandemic no one ever comes and visits. 

• Like 3

13 minutes ago, ByaNose said:

Do they still mention the gift closet? LOL!!!L after all these years I still don’t have one. And, with the pandemic no one ever comes and visits. 

Over the past two Christmases, friends finally agreed to stop buying each other gifts just because we knew the other person was going to give us something.

Now I will just make a bigger donation to the local food bank, which makes me happy.

And when I was in my gift giving years, no gift closet.  I tried to buy what I thought the person would like.  Not sure how successful that was though. 😂   

• Like 3

1 hour ago, ByaNose said:

Switched to “buy it now. We’ve all heard about the shipping issues.”

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

25 minutes ago, LeeDenny said:

Switched to “buy it now. We’ve all heard about the shipping issues.”

They are preparing early for any potential angry shoppers. I doubt they’ll use the guarantee delivery before Christmas in the last week before as they did for years. I used to like the Christmas Eve show. Kathy Levine would do a 12pm-4pm shift. A lot of the host had little kids and/or were traveling so she would sort of help out and let them get a jump start. I’m not even sure what time they end on Christmas Eve now. I can’t recall the last time watching the show close that night. I miss the old days when it was a quaint crappy little Mom & Pop shop show. LOL!!!! Now, they (mostly the females) want to be (so called) television stars and act so stupid. Of course, Kathy left to become a (wanna be) talk show host and it didn’t pan out. Maybe, MaryBeth & Rick are the smart ones who never left and make a boat load of money while doing it. 

• Like 1