Forums forums
PRIMETIMER
SilverStormm

QVC

10 minutes ago, artisto said:

You'll recognize the men daring to wear depression chic styles, as they'll be the ones headed to the ER after having gotten their asses thoroughly kicked.

9 minutes ago, artisto said:

and....

clothes actually worn during the depression:

image.thumb.png.2d9156aba8bc291ff820d119036531d0.png

Yeah, those models look more like they got lost somewhere between Gatsby Avenue and Bagger Vance Blvd.

• Like 4

11 minutes ago, letusprocrastinate said:

The left and center photos reminded me of what the late pro golfer Payne Stewart would wear during tournaments.

He wore knickers in honor of Bobby Jones, a golfing icon, but he always wore them with a standard golf shirt or sweater. 

• Like 1

Mary Beth is sure trying hard to sell the "new" Gen 8 iPad.  Apple is selling Gen 9, so QVC is not selling the newest, even though that is what the are saying.  I'm not sure all the "extras" they are including would be worth the higher price they are asking.  Apple has a better price, I think.

• Like 4
  • Useful 2

13 minutes ago, CalicoKitty said:

Mary Beth is sure trying hard to sell the "new" Gen 8 iPad.  Apple is selling Gen 9, so QVC is not selling the newest, even though that is what the are saying.  I'm not sure all the "extras" they are including would be worth the higher price they are asking.  Apple has a better price, I think.

Not to mention the included keyboard, stylus, and earbuds are not Apple-branded products.

• Like 3
  • Useful 2
  • Surprise 4

I did but their PJ TSV. Although, I’m not going to be taking one of those family photos were everyone else is wearing the same one. I just wanted something comfy to wear and didn’t feel like checking Amazon or the stores. I got pair in the Red Buffalo Check and the Navy/Green Tartan. I think I should be covered for our Philadelphia cold and winter season. I hate thinking about it already. Happy Sunday!

• Like 7

LOL, David just mentioned as a selling point that the set of LnL is actually IN STOCK and can ship right away, as opposed to all of the advance sales they have been doing. It's good that he mentioned it, but it's sad that it is the current state of the QVC business.

• Like 7

There is nothing to buy anywhere. My sister can't find a sleeper sofa that will be available any sooner than 9 months. I can't find a particular pair of jeans I'm looking for. Ikea only has 3 styles of dining chairs available locally. It's not a good time to be a retailer.

• Like 1
  • Surprise 4
  • Sad 1

4 hours ago, LeeDenny said:

There is nothing to buy anywhere. My sister can't find a sleeper sofa that will be available any sooner than 9 months. I can't find a particular pair of jeans I'm looking for. Ikea only has 3 styles of dining chairs available locally. It's not a good time to be a retailer.

I went to Costco and bought all sorts of random stuff because they had it. Granted it’s furniture you had to put together and some clothes I wouldn’t normally buy but they fit and weren’t fugly. I’m still shop mostly with Amazon on smaller stuff but anything big is either out of stock or have shipping delays for who knows how long. I bought the Mux Luxs pj set TSV the other day. One set says Preparing Your Order and the other set says Advance Order. Which is crazy because they were both in stock and I ordered them within seconds of each other. Even back in the day the Q was sucky on shipping and with the current shipping conditions now it ain’t gonna be any better. 

• Like 3