Forums forums
PRIMETIMER
SilverStormm

QVC

Saw some of those Snoopy Berkshire throws at Home Goods today for $14.99.

$23 at QVC.

• Like 3
  • Useful 4

Since I posted on HSN I thought I'd post here too: if anyone does Rakuten both QVC and HSN are offering 10% back today.

• Like 4
  • Useful 1

10 minutes ago, artisto said:

You'll recognize the men daring to wear depression chic styles, as they'll be the ones headed to the ER after having gotten their asses thoroughly kicked.

9 minutes ago, artisto said:

and....

clothes actually worn during the depression:

image.thumb.png.2d9156aba8bc291ff820d119036531d0.png

Yeah, those models look more like they got lost somewhere between Gatsby Avenue and Bagger Vance Blvd.

• Like 4

11 minutes ago, letusprocrastinate said:

The left and center photos reminded me of what the late pro golfer Payne Stewart would wear during tournaments.

He wore knickers in honor of Bobby Jones, a golfing icon, but he always wore them with a standard golf shirt or sweater. 

• Like 1

Borrowing this reaction for the

fashion industry who thinks that they are clever:

image.png.9fd359e96662b151f852001b3ecdc157.png

• Laugh 5

Mary Beth is sure trying hard to sell the "new" Gen 8 iPad.  Apple is selling Gen 9, so QVC is not selling the newest, even though that is what the are saying.  I'm not sure all the "extras" they are including would be worth the higher price they are asking.  Apple has a better price, I think.

• Like 4
  • Useful 2

13 minutes ago, CalicoKitty said:

Mary Beth is sure trying hard to sell the "new" Gen 8 iPad.  Apple is selling Gen 9, so QVC is not selling the newest, even though that is what the are saying.  I'm not sure all the "extras" they are including would be worth the higher price they are asking.  Apple has a better price, I think.

Not to mention the included keyboard, stylus, and earbuds are not Apple-branded products.

• Like 3
  • Useful 2
  • Surprise 4

I did but their PJ TSV. Although, I’m not going to be taking one of those family photos were everyone else is wearing the same one. I just wanted something comfy to wear and didn’t feel like checking Amazon or the stores. I got pair in the Red Buffalo Check and the Navy/Green Tartan. I think I should be covered for our Philadelphia cold and winter season. I hate thinking about it already. Happy Sunday!

• Like 7

LOL, David just mentioned as a selling point that the set of LnL is actually IN STOCK and can ship right away, as opposed to all of the advance sales they have been doing. It's good that he mentioned it, but it's sad that it is the current state of the QVC business.

• Like 8

There is nothing to buy anywhere. My sister can't find a sleeper sofa that will be available any sooner than 9 months. I can't find a particular pair of jeans I'm looking for. Ikea only has 3 styles of dining chairs available locally. It's not a good time to be a retailer.

• Like 1
  • Surprise 4
  • Sad 1

4 hours ago, LeeDenny said:

There is nothing to buy anywhere. My sister can't find a sleeper sofa that will be available any sooner than 9 months. I can't find a particular pair of jeans I'm looking for. Ikea only has 3 styles of dining chairs available locally. It's not a good time to be a retailer.

I went to Costco and bought all sorts of random stuff because they had it. Granted it’s furniture you had to put together and some clothes I wouldn’t normally buy but they fit and weren’t fugly. I’m still shop mostly with Amazon on smaller stuff but anything big is either out of stock or have shipping delays for who knows how long. I bought the Mux Luxs pj set TSV the other day. One set says Preparing Your Order and the other set says Advance Order. Which is crazy because they were both in stock and I ordered them within seconds of each other. Even back in the day the Q was sucky on shipping and with the current shipping conditions now it ain’t gonna be any better. 

• Like 6

6 hours ago, SuprSuprElevated said:

Something to consider when wrapping all the QVC gifts of spite - 

wrapping paper meme.jpg

Duly noted. 

• Like 1
  • Laugh 1

3 hours ago, Thumper said:

Any fans of the  Clarks TSV?  I don't want sparkles on my sneakers.

It would seem that the Clarks folk have, after eleventy hundred years, run out of ideas.  Those look like the Mr. Potato Head of the sneaker world.

Edited by SuprSuprElevated
  • Like 2
  • Laugh 6

1 hour ago, sauce62 said:

I was thinking the same thing. Rhinestones? Really?

Just the thing to wear with your Quacker . 😼

• Like 1
  • Laugh 5

I'm not sure what is the ugliest thing on the shoes. The fabric, the fake looking leather, the rhinestones, the soles that look mud spattered?

They don't seem to be selling well.

• Like 5

2 hours ago, SuprSuprElevated said:

It would seem that the Clarks folk have, after eleventy hundred years, run out of ideas.  Those look like the Mr. Potato Head of the sneaker world.

You may have a point.F6ED18D0-E5B6-4462-B668-09C97849EEFC.jpeg.2c694c4418a65fa01f36dfa74546a506.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Laugh 9

When true love goes wrong....Jill Martin version!

You can get the 2020 version of true love (last year's version) of Potion 54 for NINE BUCKS AND CHANGE!!

(I was watching the third hour of the Today Show this morning.....Jill Martin was on as a co-host and I found her incredibly annoying)

1973330952_2021-10-18(2).thumb.png.bf7c49e591307abdf46f372584b764d6.png

• Like 2
  • Laugh 5

I guess the Muk Luks “family photo” PJs TSV didn’t sell as well as they expected, because they’re back on the air for an encore.

And they’re still trying to tell us to wear them out to the movies. 😒

(Full disclosure: Mrs. Shrug did buy these for her, me, and our two dogs over the weekend. But I refuse to send out a photo.) 😉

• Laugh 10

1 minute ago, MisterShrug said:

I guess the Muk Luks “family photo” PJs TSV didn’t sell as well as they expected, because they’re back on the air for an encore.

(Full disclosure: Mrs. Shrug did buy these for her, me, and our two dogs over the weekend. But I refuse to send out a photo.) 😉

But you'll post one here, right? (At least the pups)

• Like 4
  • Laugh 5

1 minute ago, MisterShrug said:

I think it's a cute and fun idea!

Be honest....Mrs. Shrug's making you do a Christmas Card picture, isn't she?

• Laugh 6

image.png.d081161655cc77ae41c367c6837992be.png

The D&C camo tunic is really high contrast camo in all the patterns. 😬 Q went all in on camo.

• Laugh 4

29 minutes ago, LeeDenny said:

image.png.d081161655cc77ae41c367c6837992be.png

The D&C camo tunic is really high contrast camo in all the patterns. 😬 Q went all in on camo.

Do they not know the meaning of camouflage??? 😂

• Like 2
  • Laugh 9

I really dislike camouflage and Q goes overboard with it.

This  might not make sense, but to me it is disrespectful to those who serve(d) and earned the right to wear camo (or had to).  As for hunters, I guess I just don’t want to look like a hunter! 😂

• Like 10

8 hours ago, Thumper said:

This  might not make sense, but to me it is disrespectful to those who serve(d) and earned the right to wear camo (or had to).  As for hunters, I guess I just don’t want to look like a hunter! 😂

Speaking of overboard, the Marlin Blue camo reminds me of when someone in the Navy decided the day-to-day fatigues needed an upgrade and they were changed to a digital pattern in various shades of blue.  They were debuted with great fanfare in 2010 but quietly went away starting in 2016 and replaced with something else after widespread ridicule and mockery, including that they weren't fire-resistant, they were uncomfortable, and even though they were only supposed to be worn onshore, you were going to blend in with the water if you somehow wound up in it and needed to be rescued.

camo.PNG

Edited by letusprocrastinate
  • Like 2
  • Surprise 3

11 hours ago, LeeDenny said:

But you'll post one here, right? (At least the pups)

Maybe the pups, because they will be adorable. 🐶

• Like 5
  • Laugh 7

16 hours ago, Thumper said:

I get your point, I like the camo prints, as I like greens and the rather subtle mixing of colors.

although that DC top above is hardly subtle 

• Like 4

I just did a search on QVC for "HomeWorx" as I'm looking for something in particular.  I didn't find it, but look how some random piece of Tara Temptations showed up in the search, as an "as is" item!

She really is taking over!

2021-10-21.png

• Sad 2

Ms. Mr. Christmas OAP is selling blown mold plastic now which looks like ceramic!  She had to mention that a couple of items were not ceramic but heirloom vintage plastic!!!! At ceramic prices.

1696922431_Screenshot2021-10-215_49_49PM.thumb.png.34b291ad152f2f8cc603fbb984a00fca.png

• Laugh 5
  • Surprise 5
  • Sad 4

2 hours ago, Thumper said:

“heirloom vintage plastic”???????   😂😂😂

She found an old vat of Bakelite?

• Like 1
  • Laugh 7

2 hours ago, Thumper said:

“heirloom vintage plastic”???????   😂😂😂

What you call your breast implants after you’ve had them for 50 years.

• Laugh 16

12 hours ago, letusprocrastinate said:

Is JAI capable of doing anything different than a box style of jewelry? 

I've wondered about that too. Surely they could do something in a different link.

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, Coffeecup said:

I've wondered about that too. Surely they could do something in a different link.

According to the JAI guy, the box link is JAI's "signature" and is the most popular/requested, so I guess he's selling what people want.  Even a couple of rings that I looked at had that boxy detailing - I liked this ring when it came out, but I'm not crazy about the box detailing, even though it's not prominent.

382284293_2021-10-23(2).png.c4afba1433be7a5d3994cd5beac7e364.png

• Like 4

Jai is this decades version of Ripka she did links of all kinds

and BTW that presentation for the rainbow bridge ring?   nauseating

he is another one milking the. emotions of viewers

smarmy personified 

• Like 4

Is it me or is the Q lineup of shows been pretty lackluster the last couple of weeks?  Even going forward a couple weeks is not great.  I am assuming it has to do with what products are available.

Why has AM Style been cut to 2 hrs today and last week?  Hope this will not be the norm.  I need my 3 hrs of Leah on Sat mornings!  

• Like 5

Are Shawn & Alberti told to act Ike 12 year olds or do they think we went want them to act like 12 year old? They are so embarrassing together. 

• Like 4
  • Sad 3

4 hours ago, Cupcake04 said:

Is it me or is the Q lineup of shows been pretty lackluster the last couple of weeks?  Even going forward a couple weeks is not great.  I am assuming it has to do with what products are available.

It's not just you. I'm barely watching lately because of a stale lineup, stale products and stale hosts. Every time I turn it on it's Jabberwocky Jane and I can't change the channel fast enough. They've got to be losing viewers like crazy.

• Like 10
  • Laugh 1

12 minutes ago, Booney said:

It's not just you. I'm barely watching lately because of a stale lineup, stale products and stale hosts. Every time I turn it on it's Jabberwocky Jane and I can't change the channel fast enough. They've got to be losing viewers like crazy.

It just feels like nothing we haven’t already seen, add to that the obnoxious hosts.

• Like 7

5 hours ago, Cupcake04 said:

Why has AM Style been cut to 2 hrs today and last week?  Hope this will not be the norm.  I need my 3 hrs of Leah on Sat mornings!  

they want to shoot the load on the stupid TSVs like the useless power bank 

too crude?

• Like 2
  • Laugh 3

I saw Cuddi Duds for men with Alberti. Would a man admit to wearing Cuddi Duds to his buddies? LOL!!!

• Like 1
  • Laugh 4