Forums forums
PRIMETIMER
SilverStormm

QVC

On 9/10/2021 at 7:05 PM, lovemesomejoolery said:

Let me guess.....they deleted the topic about a certain host using 9/11 to sell a cross body bag?

QVC deserves everything they're going to face, as more and more people stop buying from them, because they don't take criticism seriously AT ALL.

ETA:  No, that thread is still there.  I just checked.  But still, I stand by my statement about QVC not taking criticism seriously.

oh lordy- what did I miss? (and will I ever know?) sounds wild.

2 hours ago, Polliwollidoodle said:

oh lordy- what did I miss? (and will I ever know?) sounds wild.

It was Shawn; wander over to that thread because it was discussed.

22 minutes ago, litehauskeeper said:

set of 4 flashlights

I use my phone, who is the market for these

I use mini flashlights when I go for a walk. Although a headlamp would probably be more useful. 

• Like 3

25 minutes ago, litehauskeeper said:

set of 4 flashlights

I use my phone, who is the market for these

They do have their uses.  I'd have to look at what the product they're selling does but with quite a few of those small flashlights you can adjust the beam from narrow to wide.  I carry one in my purse.  Good size for younger kids and they can use them at night, for example if they need to make a bathroom run and they can use the flashlight instead of turning on overhead lights on the way there and back.  Or if you're taking Fido out for a nighttime walk and you don't want to waste your phone battery, it'll do the job.

• Like 4

I can never remember where I put those small flashlights for the infrequent occasion I've really needed one.  Manhattan blackouts are rare; the power lines are all underground. 

Super Storm Sandy was the last one and if something happens to the grid.

• Like 2
  • Useful 1

3 hours ago, JohnnyStar5 said:

I can never remember where I put those small flashlights for the infrequent occasion I've really needed one.  Manhattan blackouts are rare; the power lines are all underground. 

Super Storm Sandy was the last one and if something happens to the grid.

I was just getting ready to post something along the lines of this.....with a twist.  I have quite a few mini flashlights that I got at trade shows from manufacturers (the type where the manufacturer imprints their name on them).  Three of them are from Hewlett Packard and they are excellent - small and put out a ton of light. I try to keep up with them, or so I thought.

Not long ago, we had a very rare power outage here that lasted around 5 hours and started around 7:00.  I could not find even one of those HP flashlights!  Finally, I found one of them, and the dang batteries were dead!  Luckily, my plethora of Luminara candles did have good batteries (clearly, I have my priorities when it comes to batteries and safety!) and I was able to find the other two HP flashlights, also with dead batteries, and was able to replace the batteries in them.  It gave me something to do, I guess, since I couldn't watch TV.

Edited by lovemesomejoolery
  • Like 6

I have a good supply of flashlights and batteries in case of power failure.  I particularly like the lantern type ones.  I also keep a couple in my car.  More than one so I have a chance of having one that actually has working batteries if I need it.

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, emmawoodhouse said:

Did the new board go poof? I can't seem to find it.

According to information posted over there, they took it private, but new people can still register there. It is not one of those boards where you have to be invited. It's open to the public. Check the threads over there; posters give information on finding it and signing up. (I haven't seen the new board, and don't plan to join it.)

39 minutes ago, Coffeecup said:

According to information posted over there, they took it private, but new people can still register there. It is not one of those boards where you have to be invited. It's open to the public. Check the threads over there; posters give information on finding it and signing up. (I haven't seen the new board, and don't plan to join it.)

I was curious and joined it. Bookmarked it. Today? Zip. Zilch. Nada.

eta Found it. I had to re-bookmark it. Weird.

Edited by emmawoodhouse
  • Useful 2

Unfortunately, I do not find the NYDJ tsv jeans very flattering on anyone.  I wish they were, because the sizing seems too good to be true for denim.

Edited by mpeeps
  • Like 3

I wish NYDJ would abandon that "order one size down from your usual size" vanity sizing marketing ploy, and just change it to standard sizing. You can use their measurements charts to select your true size.

I have a few pairs of NYDJ, and the "one size down" thing never worked for me -- the jeans were too tight, like sausage casing tight! I had to get my usual size. I don't think NYDJ jeans are worth the money anyway. If you want high-priced jeans, Ralph Lauren is a better fit with better denim quality, and less expensive than NYDJ even at full price.  Also you can get good discounts on RL jeans whenever Macy's has a sale on them.

In general I usually have to go UP one size in jeans compared to dressy pants, because most designers cut jeans so narrow and tight.

• Like 4

I stick to my true size with NYDJ too.  With the tsv today, the hosts are saying to not size down this time.

• Like 1

I'm on a jeans hiatus. Work from home has taught me life is too short to wear pants with buttons. 

• Like 1
  • Laugh 5

The NYDJ jeans are pull ons without zippers, buttons or belt loops too but something just looks off about them.

655644339_Screenshot2021-10-116_10_52PM.thumb.png.4f0b67d63a95b279eadfb99d2896d937.png

• Like 4

47 minutes ago, mpeeps said:

The NYDJ jeans are pull ons without zippers, buttons or belt loops too but something just looks off about them.

Too much fabric in the abdomen/crotch area maybe. Everyone sort of looks like they have them on backwards.

• Useful 2
  • Laugh 2

And the regular inseam is 29". A 30" would make them sell better methinks. Especially with the flare, you need a little more length.

Edited by sauce62
  • Like 5

17 hours ago, mpeeps said:

I think they look weird because the shirts are tucked in.

ETA: Also, there is too much of a contrast with the bright white shirt.

Edited by Retired at last
  • Like 2
  • Useful 2

13 minutes ago, Retired at last said:

I think they look weird because the shirts are tucked in.

Pretty sure I haven't tucked since the Bush 41 administration.

• Like 2
  • Laugh 9

I ordered a pair.  Will let you know.  I have my doubts, but hope springs eternal.  😁

• Like 6

Elise just said it's the final Get Ready show of the year,

when all other retailers bring in Christmas  Holiday deals and boxes why not sell the same ? but they ditch it 

• Sad 3

It really is something how much the activity over there has slowed down since the snafu.

I feel bad for the people who think this reversal is permanent.  I'll put the over/under on the notice of the real, for-good shutdown of those forums at one week, and I'm being generous. 

• Like 8

49 minutes ago, letusprocrastinate said:

It really is something how much the activity over there has slowed down since the snafu.

I feel bad for the people who think this reversal is permanent.  I'll put the over/under on the notice of the real, for-good shutdown of those forums at one week, and I'm being generous. 

Which "over there" - the new or the old?  If it's the old, I can't tell if or how activity has dwindled or not...the way those QVC forums are set up makes it pretty difficult, especially since I don't go there that often.  I saw a pretty nasty dust up over the weekend on the QVC forums (there was more than one but most have been deleted, this one I'm referring to here is still there) and it served as a reminder to me about why I don't like the QVC boards. 

Also, I don't understand what you mean by the over and under on the shutdown of those forums.....are you saying you think they'll only be open a week or two?  Is that because so many have left and now, with no activity, you think QVC can go back and say "not enough people here?"

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, lovemesomejoolery said:

Which "over there" - the new or the old?  If it's the old, I can't tell if or how activity has dwindled or not...the way those QVC forums are set up makes it pretty difficult, especially since I don't go there that often.  I saw a pretty nasty dust up over the weekend on the QVC forums (there was more than one but most have been deleted, this one I'm referring to here is still there) and it served as a reminder to me about why I don't like the QVC boards. 

Also, I don't understand what you mean by the over and under on the shutdown of those forums.....are you saying you think they'll only be open a week or two?  Is that because so many have left and now, with no activity, you think QVC can go back and say "not enough people here?"

My bad.  I meant the Q forums, not the new site. 

As for the over/under, that's the amount of notice they'll give.  I think the Q boards will last into 2022 but when the plug gets pulled for good they won't be as generous with the the length of the notice like they were the other week when the notice was a month.

• Like 7

The new forum is booming.They hit a 1,000 members the other night. It is so much better than the Q boards. 

• Like 4
  • Useful 5

1 hour ago, letusprocrastinate said:

As for the over/under, that's the amount of notice they'll give.  I think the Q boards will last into 2022 but when the plug gets pulled for good they won't be as generous with the the length of the notice like they were the other week when the notice was a month.

Gotcha!  I agree with you, by the way, on how much notice they will give and the fact that they WILL close down  Unless discussion threads ramp up more about talk of QVC, I don't see it lasting much longer than the new year.  Just wanted to make sure I understood what you were saying!

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, lovemesomejoolery said:

Gotcha!  I agree with you, by the way.  Just wanted to make sure I understood what you were saying!

Proofreading it important.  I should do it more often.

• Laugh 3

2 hours ago, letusprocrastinate said:

Everybody knows they are going away except the stubborn ones who have their fingers in their ears and feet dug firmly in the ground. They are the ones screaming over and over that the women who started the new forums are going to data mine, sell email addresses and whatever else can come up with. It really is too bad. Those women had the best intentions and those negative Nellie’s have done nothing but show how miserable they are. I have no official affiliation with the new board other than I am amazed at how six strangers came together and pulled off what they did. Girl Power!

• Like 8

1 hour ago, Chrissykr said:

Everybody knows they are going away except the stubborn ones who have their fingers in their ears and feet dug firmly in the ground. They are the ones screaming over and over that the women who started the new forums are going to data mine, sell email addresses and whatever else can come up with. It really is too bad. Those women had the best intentions and those negative Nellie’s have done nothing but show how miserable they are. I have no official affiliation with the new board other than I am amazed at how six strangers came together and pulled off what they did. Girl Power!

Do they think QVC doesn't do that?

Do they think that Facebook, the king of data mining, doesn't do it?

• Like 9

16 minutes ago, Coffeecup said:

Exactly!  You can't go on QVC anymore without random pop-ups telling you that something you looked at eons ago has had its price lowered by a dollar (nevermind that it's been in their inventory for four years) or that something you looked at last night is "flying out the door" with 78 people putting it in their carts today.  

That's the in-your-face data mining QVC does.  

And don't get me started about Facebook.  I've posted enough of my opinion here for you to know where I stand on them!

• Like 7

1 hour ago, lovemesomejoolery said:

Exactly!  You can't go on QVC anymore without random pop-ups telling you that something you looked at eons ago has had its price lowered by a dollar (nevermind that it's been in their inventory for four years) or that something you looked at last night is "flying out the door" with 78 people putting it in their carts today.  

That's the in-your-face data mining QVC does.  

And don't get me started about Facebook.  I've posted enough of my opinion here for you to know where I stand on them!

I get that on site and in e-mails from various sites where I shop. "Take another look!" "Don't let your find get away!"  "Price drop on something you love!" "You might like ..." "Suggestions for you..." 

The one that always makes me laugh is my Amazon order history. For every item I bought, they have a place to click: "Buy it again!" Well, I guess the joke is on me, because there are some things I do re-order regularly, like my favorite toothpaste that my local stores stopped carrying.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Coffeecup said:

well many are terrrifed of FAcebook ( valid) but they have never used and many are lucky they can even the Q forum 

Q tracks you as do all the sites 

• Like 2

57 minutes ago, Coffeecup said:

I get that on site and in e-mails from various sites where I shop. "Take another look!" "Don't let your find get away!"  "Price drop on something you love!" "You might like ..." "Suggestions for you..." 

The one that always makes me laugh is my Amazon order history. For every item I bought, they have a place to click: "Buy it again!" Well, I guess the joke is on me, because there are some things I do re-order regularly, like my favorite toothpaste that my local stores stopped carrying.

You have to be careful with Amazon's buy it again feature!  Since the product changes all the time, what was in stock and Prime a month ago isn't always the case today.

My husband finally just understood that......I order k-cups for him through Amazon.  He ordered them the last time, using the "buy again" feature.  They were more expensive than the newer sku that was in stock.  Luckily, there wasn't that much of a price differential, but it took almost two weeks to arrive, since it was UPS'd versus in stock at Amazon and available on Prime.

Oh...and my other favorite thing Q does....sends emails with the subject line "you looked, we dropped the price".

Nine times out of ten, the item is something I've NEVER looked at!  Ever.  

• Like 4

9 minutes ago, lovemesomejoolery said:

No thanks, QVC.  Land O' Lakes suits me just fine........

In other news, WTF are they thinking?  Who buys this stuff?

1207030250_2021-10-13(4).png.62a1388c2717ea53ba0390edfb2f347c.png

For your survival shelter?

• Useful 1
  • Laugh 7

7 hours ago, lovemesomejoolery said:

No thanks, QVC.  Land O' Lakes suits me just fine........

In other news, WTF are they thinking?  Who buys this stuff?

1207030250_2021-10-13(4).png.62a1388c2717ea53ba0390edfb2f347c.png

And someone has to churn this thing for 10 minutes to get butter from the heavy whipping cream put into it, which means that since I don't have a dairy farm nearby I'm going to the grocery store to buy whipping cream and butter is going to be in close proximity.

Edited by letusprocrastinate
  • Like 8
  • Laugh 4

5 hours ago, letusprocrastinate said:

And someone has to churn this thing for 10 minutes to get butter from the heavy whipping cream put into it, which means that since I don't have a dairy farm nearby I'm going to the grocery store to buy whipping cream and butter is going to be in close proximity.

They should cross-promote it with FitNation as an arm-strengthening device. Wouldn't we love to see Kerstank selling that? A fitness product - love, love, love!! But it makes...BUTTER - eww, eww, eww!

• Like 2
  • Laugh 7

Couldn’t we make butter from cream with our (KitchenAid) mixer a lot more easily???  If we so chose ..

I guess it might keep kids busy for awhile.

Edited by Thumper
  • Like 6
  • Useful 2
  • Laugh 2

15 minutes ago, Thumper said:

Couldn’t we make butter from cream with our (KitchenAid) mixer a lot more easily???  If we so chose ..

I guess it might keep kids busy for awhile.

Just coming to say this. I have accidentally turned whipping cream into butter. Very sweet butter. 

• Like 2
  • Useful 1
  • Laugh 5

1 hour ago, LeeDenny said:

Just coming to say this. I have accidentally turned whipping cream into butter. Very sweet butter. 

Haha, me too. It’s a whole different kitchen category: The battle of the accidental butter batch.

• Laugh 10

1 hour ago, From Where I Sit said:

Haha, me too. It’s a whole different kitchen category: The battle of the accidental butter batch.

I've always been curious about this.  I can see where it would be sweet, but can you use it as conventional butter?

1 hour ago, SuprSuprElevated said:

I've always been curious about this.  I can see where it would be sweet, but can you use it as conventional butter?

Not if you put vanilla and powdered sugar in it. 😁

• Laugh 4

Just now, LeeDenny said:

Not if you put vanilla and powdered sugar in it. 😁

Well, lol, I meant just to whirl up some heavy cream, sans the vanilla and sugar.

I used to make butter with my Kindergarten classes.  Everyone had a baby food jar with cream.  It goes a little faster if the cream is more room temperature and not right out of the refrigerator.  And then we shook the jars.  And shook the jars.  And it turned into butter in about 10 minutes. (The secret of making butter with that many kids is to use a small amount of cream in each jar.) Then we spread it on crackers and had a good snack.  The kids really had a good time.  Yes, you can eat fresh butter from cream.  And you don't need a special jar with beaters to make it.

• Like 10
  • Useful 8

Oh Gawd, you gave her an idea for Great Depression Chic.....

Oh Gawd, you gave her an idea for Great Depression Chic.....

• Laugh 4

18 hours ago, CalicoKitty said:

I used to make butter with my Kindergarten classes.  Everyone had a baby food jar with cream.  It goes a little faster if the cream is more room temperature and not right out of the refrigerator.  And then we shook the jars.  And shook the jars.  And it turned into butter in about 10 minutes. (The secret of making butter with that many kids is to use a small amount of cream in each jar.) Then we spread it on crackers and had a good snack.  The kids really had a good time.  Yes, you can eat fresh butter from cream.  And you don't need a special jar with beaters to make it.

When I was in elementary school 60-some years ago, we made butter in class. I couldn't remember how we did it, but that's probably what we did. I also remember spreading it on crackers.

• Like 5
  • Useful 1
  • Laugh 1