Jump to content
Forums forums
PRIMETIMER
SilverStormm

QVC

Recommended Posts

Clothing has gone up everywhere, though.  Why would QVC be any different?

My only reference point is Talbots.  I used to be able to get a suit for around $300ish.  Now, it's around $400.  A pair of pants that were $99 are now $119 or $129.

Of course, I wait for a sale......but still, pricing has gotten expensive.

Edited by lovemesomejoolery
  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post

Qvc isnt selling suits. They're selling fast fashion that can be had for half the price at Kohls or Macy's. Their prices are prohibitively high.

Edited by sauce62
  • Like 9

Share this post


Link to post
6 minutes ago, sauce62 said:

Qvc isnt selling suits. They're selling fast fashion that can be had for half the price at Kohls or Macy's. Their prices are prohibitively high.

True, a suit isn't the same, comparably speaking.  I shop a lot at Macy's, too.  Unless it's on sale, their pricing has gone up, as well.

My point was that prices for EVERYTHING are going up EVERYWHERE.  Food, cars, gas, clothing, home stuff.  You name it, the price has gone up.  QVC is no different.

Edited by lovemesomejoolery
  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post

Could be.  I don’t do much shopping for clothes in stores right now, but I have noticed price increases in food and at Target.  Just saying for me, $50 for a top is something I have to think about, and I see it more and more at QVC.

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post

Has anyone else noticed that some items on air live do not show up on the web site?  I usually don't watch live, but I do check the "recently on air" items on the web site.  I just happened to have ITKWD on Sunday, and I wanted to order the Germack (sp??) nuts.  I went to the web site, and the "on air now" was the trash can that had been the previous item.  Then the item following the nuts showed up, but the nuts never did.  I called and placed a phone order, but that product was just not listed as being in the show.  They don't seem to have a problem with continuing to show an item that is sold out, so why did an existing an in-stock item get skipped?  It seems like someone is not paying attention.  I don't watch live much at all.  Does skipping items on the web site happen often?

  • Like 2
  • Surprise 3

Share this post


Link to post

8 hours ago, CalicoKitty said:

Has anyone else noticed that some items on air live do not show up on the web site?  I usually don't watch live, but I do check the "recently on air" items on the web site.  I just happened to have ITKWD on Sunday, and I wanted to order the Germack (sp??) nuts.  I went to the web site, and the "on air now" was the trash can that had been the previous item.  Then the item following the nuts showed up, but the nuts never did.  I called and placed a phone order, but that product was just not listed as being in the show.  They don't seem to have a problem with continuing to show an item that is sold out, so why did an existing an in-stock item get skipped?  It seems like someone is not paying attention.  I don't watch live much at all.  Does skipping items on the web site happen often?

I've noticed that.  I'm wondering if it's because those items have sold out?

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
8 hours ago, CalicoKitty said:

Has anyone else noticed that some items on air live do not show up on the web site?  I usually don't watch live, but I do check the "recently on air" items on the web site.  I just happened to have ITKWD on Sunday, and I wanted to order the Germack (sp??) nuts.  I went to the web site, and the "on air now" was the trash can that had been the previous item.  Then the item following the nuts showed up, but the nuts never did.  I called and placed a phone order, but that product was just not listed as being in the show.  They don't seem to have a problem with continuing to show an item that is sold out, so why did an existing an in-stock item get skipped?  It seems like someone is not paying attention.  I don't watch live much at all.  Does skipping items on the web site happen often?

And sometimes they show up on the app but not the website. 
I guess they don’t want people to actually see what they are (or aren’t) getting. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
On 9/19/2021 at 1:32 AM, ByaNose said:

Does Jen Coffey make lot of weird faces or is it just me? I remember when I used to confuse her and Kerstin up when they first started. I’m not sure why though. They don’t look at all alike. 

When I first started watching her I thought she made weird expressions with her face too. 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
On 9/19/2021 at 1:45 AM, emmawoodhouse said:

@Booney has done several series of Jenimations ( hope I spelled it righr). 😁 They're hilarious.

If she's had a nose job it seems her upper lip doesn't move naturally. It looks pulled up when she smiles just like when a horse neighs. Not wanting to sound mean but that's what it reminds me of. I worked with someone who had a nose job and her top lip did the same thing after the surgery. It was weird to see... 

  • Laugh 1
  • Sad 3

Share this post


Link to post

OK, just have to give a shout out to QVC Customer Service/Social Team. I sent a note yesterday asking about a missing package (surprise! That Never happens!). Anyway, I got a response within a few minutes that their system was down and they would look into it. This morning I got another note asking if I wanted a replacement since they were unable to track the package and within 5 minutes of responding, they had it sent out with upgraded shipping. I think the best avenue for any kind real help is that social team. They are empowered to make things right and are super responsive. OK - back to our regular programming.

  • Like 8
  • Useful 6

Share this post


Link to post
2 hours ago, Retired at last said:

OK, just have to give a shout out to QVC Customer Service/Social Team. I sent a note yesterday asking about a missing package (surprise! That Never happens!). Anyway, I got a response within a few minutes that their system was down and they would look into it. This morning I got another note asking if I wanted a replacement since they were unable to track the package and within 5 minutes of responding, they had it sent out with upgraded shipping. I think the best avenue for any kind real help is that social team. They are empowered to make things right and are super responsive. OK - back to our regular programming.

So glad you got your issue resolved.

But it's sad to me that a company has a customer service team that isn't empowered to take care of their customers, while a social team is..........

  • Like 7

Share this post


Link to post

8 hours ago, lovemesomejoolery said:

I've noticed that.  I'm wondering if it's because those items have sold out?

In my case, the item was still available and I was able to order by phone.  Usually (at least I think it is usually), the item still shows on the "items recently on air" program, but is faded out with a sold out sign.  Just not showing up at all was a new one for me.  They don't seem to mind running shows and showing sold out items as available, so I just don't get this one.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post

The tsv Mr. Christmas 2' candles look kind of cheap to me. More ways to junk up Christmas! The Q even put them in those GIANT lanterns! 

20210923_090646.thumb.jpg.34b077c5ccfc25390582b1fe9282867b.jpg

  • Like 7
  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
12 minutes ago, mpeeps said:

The tsv Mr. Christmas 2' candles look kind of cheap to me. More ways to junk up Christmas! The Q even put them in those GIANT lanterns! 

20210923_090646.thumb.jpg.34b077c5ccfc25390582b1fe9282867b.jpg

Well, they're made of plastic and weigh 2 pounds each (I'm guessing not including the batteries), so there you go. 

Wonder how many people will be calling Q to ask for the item number for those lanterns (do they sell them?).

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post

Did I miss the announcement from QVC about Christmas in September?  I caught myself feeling a little warm and fuzzy, even anticipatory, when I heard some jovial Christmas music when I flipped the channel to QVC yesterday.  Then I realized it's September.  Not July....not November.  It's September.

Maybe they are doing it now, since that's how long all this Christmas stuff takes to arrive at your door?  In any event, it's just too soon.

  • Like 10

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, lovemesomejoolery said:

Maybe they are doing it now, since that's how long all this Christmas stuff takes to arrive at your door? 

I just read something about how the overseas shipping infrastructure can't possibly handle the increased buying already going on: Shipping Crisis The person quoted even suggests consumers start holiday ordering now. 

 

 

  • Like 2
  • Surprise 4

Share this post


Link to post
25 minutes ago, sempervivum said:

I just read something about how the overseas shipping infrastructure can't possibly handle the increased buying already going on: Shipping Crisis The person quoted even suggests consumers start holiday ordering now. 

 

 

Or we could all take a freaking break from the frenetic "gotta buy stuff for people" mindset, which has morphed from largely symbolic religious customs.  Let the supply chain be righted, however long that may take.  Have dinner with your family/friends and pocket the result.  I have a feeling we're going to need it in our pockets far more than wrapped under our spectacular, bedazzled, pre-lit, $1,000 trees.

Edit - never mind me, lol.  Carry on.

Edited by SuprSuprElevated
  • Like 18

Share this post


Link to post

2 hours ago, mpeeps said:

The tsv Mr. Christmas 2' candles look kind of cheap to me. More ways to junk up Christmas! The Q even put them in those GIANT lanterns! 

20210923_090646.thumb.jpg.34b077c5ccfc25390582b1fe9282867b.jpg

FInally something to fit into that phonebooth sized lantern.

  • Laugh 12

Share this post


Link to post

I sometimes have this issue when looking at the Q2 “items currently on air” site, in which it will only show the ONE item currently on air.  Happened again tonight, but it is rather random.

Anyone else?

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post

So I ordered 3 items that were on clearance on 9/12.  They have been “preparing my order” for 2 weeks!  Same thing with vionics I ordered last Saturday.  The clearance items are fall weight clothing that I ordered for, you know, fall.  What really gets me though is that I cannot edit or cancel the order.  Then it will ship thru the mail and it will be Thannksgiving before I see it.  Yesterday I finally got a sweater I ordered mid August!  It was on clearance for $15 and I cant wear till now anyways, but still.  

Oh, but I did get an email from Q this week saying my orders were delayed.  Ya think?  Now, if in that email they gave me free or upgraded shipping or even a future coupon it would help, but c’mon, you gotta do something for your customers.  Dont give me the pandemic excuse anymore because every retailer is dealing with it but I havent had issues with any other one but the Q.  And their business is solely based on online sales so they, of all retailers, should be pros at this.  

 

  • Like 13

Share this post


Link to post
On 9/23/2021 at 11:43 AM, SuprSuprElevated said:

Or we could all take a freaking break from the frenetic "gotta buy stuff for people" mindset, which has morphed from largely symbolic religious customs.  Let the supply chain be righted, however long that may take.  Have dinner with your family/friends and pocket the result.  I have a feeling we're going to need it in our pockets far more than wrapped under our spectacular, bedazzled, pre-lit, $1,000 trees.

Edit - never mind me, lol.  Carry on.

I would gladly take a break from the need to buy stuff for people. I just don't think those people would appreciate it.

 

  • Like 5
  • Laugh 7

Share this post


Link to post

Since every now and then, we have a good laugh about Suzanne "I Have Sex 20 Times a Day" Somers, I thought it was my duty to inform you that both she and her sex machine (Alan) will be featured on Million Dollar Listing: Los Angeles.

I record that and just watched this week's episode.  The preview for next week showed her with one of the guys, listing her home for sale, complete with her outdoor bathtub.

As they sing in "Hamilton",  we'll probably get to see the room(s) where it happens!

  • Laugh 10

Share this post


Link to post

I'm assuming it's this house Suzanne and Alan are selling. I think it's been on and off the market for years. It's pretty unique.

 

Edited by mpeeps
  • Like 3
  • Useful 1

Share this post


Link to post

4 hours ago, mpeeps said:

I'm assuming it's this house Suzanne and Alan are selling. I think it's been on and off the market for years. It's pretty unique.

 

Yes - that's the one!

Share this post


Link to post

It looks like they had to do something to get David's new cookbook (I used the term loosely) moving again. Alberti just announced that if you pre-order it now, not only do you get the email with private FB link in about a week (ha!), but NOW, you get a voicemail from David himself, inviting you to join said group. Since I think it actually starts being delivered next month, I expect the sales pitches to ramp up. Did anyone order one (or did anyone who would admit it order one)? I did order the first one and maybe the second one, but have never made anything out of either of them. (But, I also ordered both Mary Beth's cookbooks ages ago - and DID make several of her recipes).

  • Useful 6

Share this post


Link to post

Oh boy, a canned voicemail from Dave would certainly entice me to buy the book!  😂. <sarcasm>

  • Laugh 15

Share this post


Link to post

Today’s TSV by Koolaburra.  It’s cute and looks cozy, but why no buttons or other fasteners?  Cheap?  Give the option.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
6 minutes ago, Thumper said:

Today’s TSV by Koolaburra.  It’s cute and looks cozy, but why no buttons or other fasteners?  Cheap?  Give the option.

I’m sure you could obi belt it. 😏

  • Laugh 8

Share this post


Link to post

The MukLuks cat said hello! I finally learned his name, Nibbles.

Carolyn was happy to see a kitty, and started talking to him. Nibbles looked around like, where is that voice coming from, saying my name?

misc pics QVC pets MukLuks cat Nibbles 1 9-26-21.jpg

misc pics QVC pets MukLuks cat Nibbles 2 9-26-21.jpg

  • Like 7

Share this post


Link to post

QVC’s TSV from yesterday & today’s HSN Special rare very similar. They are similar in price, too. The only difference is the HSN coat has a button. Everybody getting for fall. 

  • Like 2
  • Useful 3

Share this post


Link to post
On 9/20/2021 at 10:31 PM, Thumper said:

Prices on clothing have really gone up at Q.  Other than Cuddle Duds, the Not Cuddle Duds whose name escapes me, and some Denim & Company, most items are $50+.  

I buy some Cuddle Duds at Walmart less than $13.   Clearance late winter, range between $7 and $8.    I find QVC way over prices on all their items.   Joggers, sweaters, etc.   over priced and I wonder who buys the crap.   I wonder if the easy pay is the reason.   

On 9/26/2021 at 4:57 AM, mpeeps said:

I'm assuming it's this house Suzanne and Alan are selling. I think it's been on and off the market for years. It's pretty unique.

 

My Word!  That place is horrible (and tacky) 

 

  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post

Smokeless Grill TSV.  Your thoughts?  I am wondering if it is more of a steamer than a grill.  

Share this post


Link to post

@Thumper, did you end up ordering this? I had ordered it before and sent it back. Yes, it is more of a steamer. What works really well and does a fabulous job grilling is the Ninja Smart XL Grill. It air fries, grills, bakes, broils and has one of those probes that you just tell it how you want your food cooked and it beeps when it is done. I have made perfect steaks using that feature with the grill pan.

  • Useful 7

Share this post


Link to post

$178 for poly nylon span and it looks like matted shag carpet before you ever wear it new with tags!!

20210930_143206.thumb.jpg.5a8a20c7286628c1fbb1d8eaca621f29.jpg20210930_143231.thumb.jpg.d039133c7c6addcec7bb169219c63a81.jpg

Edited by mpeeps
  • Like 5
  • Surprise 7

Share this post


Link to post

7 minutes ago, mpeeps said:

$178 for poly nylon span and it looks like matted shag carpet before you ever wear it new with tags!!

20210930_143206.thumb.jpg.5a8a20c7286628c1fbb1d8eaca621f29.jpg20210930_143231.thumb.jpg.d039133c7c6addcec7bb169219c63a81.jpg

Unbelievable prices. They had a ribbed pullover when the show first started at $131 price tag...are you kidding me????

  • Like 5
  • Surprise 1

Share this post


Link to post
11 minutes ago, mpeeps said:

$178 for poly nylon span and it looks like matted shag carpet before you ever wear it new with tags!!

20210930_143206.thumb.jpg.5a8a20c7286628c1fbb1d8eaca621f29.jpg20210930_143231.thumb.jpg.d039133c7c6addcec7bb169219c63a81.jpg

Garbage!

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, Retired at last said:

@Thumper, did you end up ordering this? I had ordered it before and sent it back. Yes, it is more of a steamer. What works really well and does a fabulous job grilling is the Ninja Smart XL Grill. It air fries, grills, bakes, broils and has one of those probes that you just tell it how you want your food cooked and it beeps when it is done. I have made perfect steaks using that feature with the grill pan.

I did not order it.  Thanks for the information about the Ninja Grill!

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post

The Peace Lame World sweater they just presented reminds me of the lopsided shirt Denise Huxtable made for Theo 😂 

And Alina Villain-sante had the nerve to pipe in that her sweater would sell for way more than $500 if it were on 5th Ave in NYC.

Kenan Thompson Reaction GIF by Saturday Night Live

Screenshot 2021-09-30 215656.jpg

  • Laugh 9
  • Surprise 2

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, PopItInUrWasher said:

The Peace Lame World sweater they just presented reminds me of the lopsided shirt Denise Huxtable made for Theo 😂 

And Alina Villain-sante had the nerve to pipe in that her sweater would sell for way more than $500 if it were on 5th Ave in NYC.

Kenan Thompson Reaction GIF by Saturday Night Live

Screenshot 2021-09-30 215656.jpg

What the hell is it supposed to be?

  • Like 1
  • Laugh 1

Share this post


Link to post
3 hours ago, dextr1276 said:

What the hell is it supposed to be?

A mad cool edgy shirt.

 

  • Laugh 6

Share this post


Link to post

On 9/28/2021 at 5:10 PM, Dancing bear said:

I buy some Cuddle Duds at Walmart less than $13.   Clearance late winter, range between $7 and $8.    I find QVC way over prices on all their items.   Joggers, sweaters, etc.   over priced and I wonder who buys the crap.   I wonder if the easy pay is the reason.   

My Word!  That place is horrible (and tacky) 

 

Nobody ever said Suzanne Somers had taste. 😄

On 9/28/2021 at 11:13 PM, Thumper said:

Smokeless Grill TSV.  Your thoughts?  I am wondering if it is more of a steamer than a grill.  

I ordered it and then canceled it about 15 minutes later. I just decided I’d probably never use it. 😉

  • Like 7
  • Laugh 1

Share this post


Link to post
8 hours ago, PopItInUrWasher said:

 

And Alina Villain-sante had the nerve to pipe in that her sweater would sell for way more than $500 if it were on 5th Ave in NYC.

Kenan Thompson Reaction GIF by Saturday Night Live

Screenshot 2021-09-30 215656.jpg

                                       rjnMc22.jpg

  • Like 1
  • Laugh 5

Share this post


Link to post
On 9/25/2021 at 5:03 PM, lovemesomejoolery said:

Since every now and then, we have a good laugh about Suzanne "I Have Sex 20 Times a Day" Somers, I thought it was my duty to inform you that both she and her sex machine (Alan) will be featured on Million Dollar Listing: Los Angeles.

I record that and just watched this week's episode.  The preview for next week showed her with one of the guys, listing her home for sale, complete with her outdoor bathtub.

As they sing in "Hamilton",  we'll probably get to see the room(s) where it happens!

Watched it last evening. Suzanne looks somewhere north of 90 years old and Alan.....well Alan...there are no words. Well actually there are words but they're in rock bottom taste but I'll say it anyway....Alan looks like death warmed over. 

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
On 9/20/2021 at 10:31 PM, Thumper said:

Prices on clothing have really gone up at Q.  Other than Cuddle Duds, the Not Cuddle Duds whose name escapes me, and some Denim & Company, most items are $50+.  

So I bought this jacket that's on the Q now for $299 for $59 at Saks Off 5th. It really does retail for $299 so the Q isn't inflating the price, but I assume it's a coat from many seasons ago, hence why Saks had it on clearance. Yet, the Q is still trying to sell it like it's 2017. 😆

  • Like 4
  • Useful 3

Share this post


Link to post
17 minutes ago, PopItInUrWasher said:

So I bought this jacket that's on the Q now for $299 for $59 at Saks Off 5th. It really does retail for $299 so the Q isn't inflating the price, but I assume it's a coat from many seasons ago, hence why Saks had it on clearance. Yet, the Q is still trying to sell it like it's 2017. 😆

they must be carrying millions in inventory that should be sold 

  • Like 1
  • Laugh 2

Share this post


Link to post

@litehauskeeper Most likely! And then in a few years they will put in on "sale clearance price" for $293 and say that there's nothing wrong with it, they just can't get it back in stock, and it's the only order of the year. 😄

  • Like 3
  • Laugh 5
  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
2 minutes ago, PopItInUrWasher said:

@litehauskeeper Most likely! And then in a few years they will put in on "sale clearance price" for $293 and say that there's nothing wrong with it, they just can't get it back in stock, and it's the only order of the year. 😄

Yes!!!!

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...

Customize font-size