Forums forums
PRIMETIMER
SilverStormm

QVC

23 hours ago, lovemesomejoolery said:

Tula is a brand of skincare that QVC was touting quite a lot.

I just read that TULA has settled a class action lawsuit.  I didn't read the whole thing, but thought I would post it here in case any of you are interested in it.  FWIW, I have a friend who uses this product and she swears her skin has never looked or felt better she buys it from Ulta.

Tula settled to avoid a costly lawsuit.  In a nutshell, plaintiffs said they were misled into believing that Tula had live probiotic "cultures" in their product.  Tula maintains they us probiotic "extracts".   Tula does not admit any wrongdoing and the court hasn't said anyone is right or wrong.  Settlement reached to avoid costly litigation.

http://www.skincaresettlement.com/media/3523818/tuo_not_web_210805.pdf

I have used their Hydrating Day & Night Cream for several years.  I don't recall ever being particularly swayed by the 'probiotic' aspect.  Not even sure why I originally tried it, maybe a TSV or something.  I typically buy from eBay sellers.   https://www.tula.com/collections/skincare-moisturizers/products/hydrating-day-night-cream

• Useful 1

Is it my imagination or are the Q2 Big Deals leftovers from old TSVs? I wonder if they are returns.

• Like 1
  • Useful 6

27 minutes ago, LeeDenny said:

Is it my imagination or are the Q2 Big Deals leftovers from old TSVs? I wonder if they are returns.

Also notice how it has no reviews. Hmm. Fishy.

• Like 1
  • Useful 5

The Isaac TSV is actually nice. Perhaps, a little overpriced though. I think the cognac color on Shawn with the riding boots looks nice on her. I still don’t believe she’s an extra small but whatevs. 

• Like 1

Never mind the hideous overpriced clothing. Check out that HUGE lantern!! 

20210911_040551.jpg.c38912e78feae3ad839bed7e50324942.jpg

20210911_035908.jpg.4f3189f937b4b8fa384e685b90ff2825.jpg

Edited by mpeeps
  • Laugh 8

1 hour ago, mpeeps said:

Check out those two huge blue lanterns! 🤪

4 hours ago, ByaNose said:

The Isaac TSV is actually nice. Perhaps, a little overpriced though. I think the cognac color on Shawn with the riding boots looks nice on her. I still don’t believe she’s an extra small but whatevs. 

I bought the black one. I need a pseudo rain coat here and I think this will work. Never needed a rain coat in CA.  

• Like 4

5 hours ago, mpeeps said:

They’ve used that lantern on the set a few times & I’m always struck by how huge it is. The scale is just too big and the candle is too small. They should have a few in various sizes (God knows they have them) scattered around the set. Just not one huge humongous one. Otherwise, their outside set is beautiful. They were lucky to have beautiful weather yesterday and today for the fall event. Although it’s going to be in the 80’s around here today. 

• Like 6

9 minutes ago, From Where I Sit said:

That is a very large lantern.

Could have filled it with something and had a sweepstakes for the customer who guesses the right amount…😉A622EF5F-D8BB-47DC-87B5-1E084DFBAF03.jpeg.1ce01dda782b0507678620939b014caf.jpeg

Good idea! Could be a new game like those games of old -

The Lucky Number machine

4B563E85-978B-499A-8C53-8491B7F83BC7.jpeg.1f876df4297266b4be90fabf7f49f56c.jpeg

The QVC Price Wheel (that’s PJD getting ready to spin the wheel) -

4CA26987-72C6-44A5-8EA2-A02924229F1F.jpeg.9cd20da937364abefc4545268ebdc792.jpeg

And who could forget Q Bird?

157C20C5-7735-410F-B76E-DAD96F896C88.jpeg.6669f7e8a8015581ce83386dd369b298.jpeg

• Like 5
  • Laugh 4

I actually won $200 on that scrambled word game they used to have! It was in my early days of QVC shopping, Blabby was the host, and the mystery word was 'Diamonique."

And that picture below needs to be in the bad fashion file. The colors don't work together, the gold slippers are awful and I can't tell if she is wearing a necklace that doesn't work or if that is on the sweater. And it doesn't fit.

image.png.0e8c23f9e547d7bc45e44f514746e436.png

Edited by Retired at last
  • Like 9
  • Useful 1

7 minutes ago, Retired at last said:

I actually won $200 on that scrambled word game they used to have! It was in my early days of QVC shopping, Blabby was the host, and the mystery word was 'Diamonique."

And that picture below needs to be in the bad fashion file. The colors don't work together, the gold slippers are awful and I can't tell if she is wearing a necklace that doesn't work or if that is on the sweater. And it doesn't fit.

Saved to the fashion poll photo file!

• Like 5
  • Laugh 6

1 hour ago, Retired at last said:

They would never do this to Katie. LOL!!! I totally agree. None of this outfit goes together. It looks awful on the model, too. I guess they needed the gold shoes to compliment the HUGE gold lantern. 

• Like 6
  • Laugh 2

3 hours ago, From Where I Sit said:

Could have filled it with something and had a sweepstakes for the customer who guesses the right amount

By "right amount", I'm hoping you mean the amount of time it would take me to consume those M&Ms. 😋 

• Like 1
  • Laugh 2

What's with all the plaid?? I'm not picking up what they're putting down.

$52.00 for a fleece jacket? Q has lost their everloving minds.

Edited by sauce62
  • Like 4
  • Laugh 2

4 hours ago, PopItInUrWasher said:

Over on the Duece, Peace Lame World lady said, "I'm happy to be the Latin face of QVC..." 🙄 If Alina wasn't already so obnoxious, that statement wouldn't have come off so...obnoxious. 

I wonder if that new host, Rosina (the one who is out on maternity leave), whose Facebook posts are sometimes in both English and Spanish, appreciates this blow hard Alina's comment about being the Latina face of QVC?

Edited by lovemesomejoolery
  • Like 2
  • Useful 2
  • Sad 4

11 hours ago, PopItInUrWasher said:

Over on the Duece, Peace Lame World lady said, "I'm happy to be the Latin face of QVC..." 🙄 If Alina wasn't already so obnoxious, that statement wouldn't have come off so...obnoxious. 

Here ya go....

“Peace Love World is a subsidiary of their parent company, Notions from a Narcissist (All Rights Reserved)”

• Laugh 9

Is it just me, or when Q advertises a product like today's KitchenAid food processor TSV with "Lowest Price We've Found" does anyone else's mind automatically wander to the idea that it's because said product was made to Q's specifications* so therefore it can't be found in that exact form anywhere else?

(*With maybe some corner-cutting involved to lower production costs)

Edited by letusprocrastinate
  • Like 1
  • Useful 6
  • Sad 1

18 minutes ago, letusprocrastinate said:

Is it just me, or when Q advertises a product like today's KitchenAid food processor TSV with "Lowest Price We've Found" does anyone else's mind automatically wander to the idea that it's because said product was made to Q's specifications* so therefore it can't be found in that exact form anywhere else?

(*With maybe some corner-cutting involved to lower production costs)

🙋‍♀️

• Like 6
  • Laugh 1

I think when it comes to small appliances, it's the "pack ups" (thank you David Venable) that make it very difficult to get a price comparable to what QVC is selling it for on a TSV. 

I've bought a few major brand name small appliances from QVC.  I don't worry about the quality of them, as the warranty is being serviced through the manufacturer.  I have this food processor that's a tsv today (I got it from QVC when it was a One Time Only price), except mine was a 9-cup and it didn't come with the dicing kit......it was my fault, but I dropped the lid and it broke.  I called Kitchen Aid to buy a replacement lid and they were out of the lid only, so they replaced my entire food processor, even though it was my fault!  All I had to do was take my old processor and put it in the box that the new one was shipped in and Kitchen Aid even paid for the shipping back to them.  When the new one came in, out of curiosity, I checked to see if everything was the same, made the same, had the same warranty and manual book, had the same labels on it - and it all checked out!

• Like 2
  • Useful 9
  • Surprise 1

Since I pretty much just watch QVC for cooking and appliances (you should see my warehouse in the garage since I need to have "back-ups" of all of my toys!), today is a good day for me. However, I just watched MBR and my goodness, what a mess she is! Her hair is horrible and stringy and she was getting flustered (I guess it is understandable) because she was having issues trying to get the ice cream maker set up correctly from behind. I also don't think she had any make-up on (or that's how it looked to me) and she is definitely not aging well. I was pretty shocked to see how she ;looked today.

That ice cream maker looked nice, but that is a lot of money and a lot of space for a one trick pony machine - even if it is a Ninja. I have my little Wolfgang ice cream maker and that works well for me, plus there are now some really good keto ice creams available at the store, so I haven't been making that much lately. BUT, if I did, I would really want that Ninja one! In Rose Gold, of course.

• Like 7

They definitely need to keep Mary Beth out of the kitchen, although her goofs and gaffes can be amusing. 

Believe it or not, her hardcore fans actually still believe she's a home chef whipping up fabulous meals for her crowd.

• Like 2
  • Laugh 9
  • Sad 1

6 minutes ago, JohnnyStar5 said:

They definitely need to keep Mary Beth out of the kitchen, although her goofs and gaffes can be amusing. 

Believe it or not, her hardcore fans actually still believe she's a home chef whipping up fabulous meals for her crowd.

Because years ago she produced two cookbooks!

(Which were essentially made up of family recipes.)

• Like 2
  • Sad 3

59 minutes ago, letusprocrastinate said:

Because years ago she produced two cookbooks!

(Which were essentially made up of family recipes.)

Yep, and I had them both. They were essentially family or church potluck type recipes. Some were pretty close to David's!

• Like 2
  • Useful 3
  • Laugh 1

On 8/11/2021 at 3:35 PM, TexasTiffany said:

My first experience with Clarks shoes was buying them from QVC years ago. The lower prices and a few cute styles got me to buy. I've had to send most of them back b/c they didn't fit right. I ordered my regular size. They'd be too big, or too narrow, or way too wide, or whatever. I swore off getting them. Well. Recently I tried on a few pairs in a store. No fit problem at all. Was the Clarks brand sending all of their "seconds" to QVC to get rid of them? Foisting their problems on us? I don't know, but I had NO trouble with the sandals at the store. 

I read a long time ago that whatever is sold on QVC is made for QVC.....that could explain the difference in size and fit. If I buy Skechers from QVC the right foot is always much bigger than the left.  If I buy them in a store they fit perfectly fine.....

Edited by dextr1276
  • Like 2
  • Useful 1
  • Surprise 4
  • Sad 2

Did anyone else watch the afternoon Halloween decor show today with Alberti and Janine Graff?  I’ve heard her name before, but don’t really know her.  Is she a decorating “expert?”   Practically everything in her show was black!  Including a black “Halloween Tree.”   Not my idea of fun Halloween decor, but then I’m not a huge Halloween fan.    

• Like 3

27 minutes ago, Thumper said:

Did anyone else watch the afternoon Halloween decor show today with Alberti and Janine Graff?  I’ve heard her name before, but don’t really know her.  Is she a decorating “expert?”   Practically everything in her show was black!  Including a black “Halloween Tree.”   Not my idea of fun Halloween decor, but then I’m not a huge Halloween fan.    

Janine Graff used to be the Luminara OAP.  A couple of years ago, she came out with her own line of Christmas decorations called Simply Stunning, a very limited array that included some glittery, round candles made by.....Luminara!  I think she still remains the Luminara rep, but it's been some time since I've seen a Luminara presentation so that may have changed.

Remember this?  We used to post about her nails all the time and how she'd hold her hands up next to the flame...couldn't find a picture of that now, though!

image.png.d0c729855f8a6a8c35dff0e659c0adb7.png

image.png.03181f03c2e121e7b3ce9e49a0c65c19.png

• Like 2
  • Laugh 4

I cannot stand Jeannine Graff ...She is an automatic click for me because she is in love with herself and her home....  I always get the vibe from her “see my fabulous house and my pool...aren’t you jealous ?”

Also she is way way way too dressed up for all of her presentations and she just comes off to me as one big phony but that’s only my opinion...some people may actually like her, but I cannot abide her

Edited by SiouxB
  • Like 7
  • Laugh 1

7 hours ago, Thumper said:

I’m not a big Halloween fan either but I really liked her products. Pretty classy I thought. 

• Like 3

9 hours ago, SiouxB said:

I cannot stand Jeannine Graff ...She is an automatic click for me because she is in love with herself and her home....  I always get the vibe from her “see my fabulous house and my pool...aren’t you jealous ?”

Also she is way way way too dressed up for all of her presentations and she just comes off to me as one big phony but that’s only my opinion...some people may actually like her, but I cannot abide her

Ditto - totally agree! I almost expect her to make a dramatic entrance - carrying a Luminara candle, of course - down the staircase in her fabulous house, in an over-the-top evening gown, a la Loretta Young.

93587162_LorettaYoung.thumb.jpeg.0a548580fa3eb726ac43c556f6314a63.jpeg

• Like 3
  • Laugh 7

Looks like J. Graff is trying to "elevate" Halloween and add a different flare to the holiday especially with this $465 Halloween tree and wreath that looks like a black feather boa!

617528089_Screenshot2021-09-1712_05_58PM.thumb.png.c2d73bf7202bf8b3d9628b390b8431b0.png

Edited by mpeeps
  • Laugh 1
  • Surprise 6
  • Sad 3

1 hour ago, mpeeps said:

Looks like J. Graff is trying to "elevate" Halloween and add a different flare to the holiday especially with this $465 Halloween tree and wreath that looks like a black feather boa!

617528089_Screenshot2021-09-1712_05_58PM.thumb.png.c2d73bf7202bf8b3d9628b390b8431b0.png

To me, what's sad about that stuff is that ALL of it - down to the black crows - has been done before.....by Martha Stewart.  Who, if I remember correctly, considered herself the Queen of Halloween.

Been there, seen that, bought the t-shirt.

• Like 8
  • Useful 1

I'm surprised the Shark TSV doesn't have one of those kickstands that was a customer favorite selling point.

Mary Beth just leaned it against a table and it crashes to the floor.  "Oopsie!" squeals MBR.

• Laugh 4

On 9/16/2021 at 8:29 AM, artisto said:

Interesting article. But where QVC has the advantage is being on TV - TV is easier to thrown on in the background while you do other things. Laptops, phones, etc. aren't.

I used to throw QVC on as background noise for my office. I've worked at home since 2002 so I liked the sound of voices (I'd keep volume low enough to hear but too low to make out what people were saying). But since my wife started working from home because of the Rona, I can talk to an actual human being instead. And, to be honest, its probably not great for our romantic life if she sees my alone in a room with QVC playing all day.

Edit: In the past QVC had better looking presenters which didn't hurt. Even the few remaining attractive ones (Amy, Jen) started looking odd and bizarre. I know in the age of the internet and unlimited access to the world's filthiest content it sounds weird to watch a shopping channel just to see attractive women. But I am a man of simple tastes.

Edited by Captain Bob
  • Like 1
  • Laugh 1