Jump to content
Forums forums
PRIMETIMER
SilverStormm

QVC

Recommended Posts


1 hour ago, Thumper said:

Barefoot Dreams TSV?  I like  the cowl and it looks soft, but I do not like the curved hem or the price.  Some have commented that this fabric sheds a lot.

 

 

It seems very long and too full or something from the waist down. I'm not a fan of the curved hem either.

  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post
6 hours ago, LeeDenny said:

It seems very long and too full or something from the waist down. I'm not a fan of the curved hem either.

BFD doesn't even feel that comfortable. It's not breathable, all polyester I think, not natural materials. It's just another overrated version of SG's liquid sh*t.  Similar to a Berkshire blanket but even a Berkshire blanket feels more comfortable against the skin and is more affordable!!

Edited by mpeeps
  • Like 9
  • Useful 1

Share this post


Link to post
2 hours ago, mpeeps said:

BFD doesn't even feel that comfortable. It's not breathable, all polyester I think, not natural materials. It's just another overrated version of SG's liquid sh*t.  Similar to a Berkshire blanket but even a Berkshire blanket feels more comfortable against the skin and is more affordable!!

That specific top is 71% nylon/29% viscose. But I don't like it either. Huge cowl necks like that feel too bulky to me.

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
12 hours ago, Thumper said:

Barefoot Dreams TSV?  I like  the cowl and it looks soft, but I do not like the curved hem or the price.  Some have commented that this fabric sheds a lot.

 

 

Not a fan of a curved hem, either! 

By the way, I have a BF Dreams bathrobe and a throw - neither one of them shed!  I would assume the quality is the same at QVC, but who knows.  I got the robe direct from their website where it was on sale and I got a discount for signing up for their emails or something, but found the throw at Nordstrom Rack.

  • Like 4
  • Useful 5

Share this post


Link to post
On 8/5/2021 at 4:26 AM, Coffeecup said:

Angel Smedley's dog made a brief walk-on in her show. He entered the viewing area and walked behind her, then turned around and went to stand next to her. He looked up at her expectantly, wagging his tail, but she didn't acknowledge him or pet him, so he walked away.

Product video: A270756 Quacker Factory Regular Knit Corduroy Pull-On Slim Leg Pant. The presentation was on Q2, Aug. 4.

Holy horizontal stripes, John, what is that thing you're wearing?  It's so vibrant that it just about jumped out and bit me when I was browsing the QVC-TV YouTube page.

misc pics QVC pets Angel Smedley dog 4 8-04-21.jpg

 

He's a cutie. His name is Finnegan. Angel posts images of him calling them Finnegan Fridays. 

From Angel Smedley's page:

234254029_674031946855869_14453412093883

It’s Finnegan Friday!!!
🦮
Finnegan loves food!!! And he loves bananas!!
Whenever we peel one, he is close by for a taste!! I thought this photo captures his love for bananas.

  • Like 14

Share this post


Link to post

My first experience with Clarks shoes was buying them from QVC years ago. The lower prices and a few cute styles got me to buy. I've had to send most of them back b/c they didn't fit right. I ordered my regular size. They'd be too big, or too narrow, or way too wide, or whatever. I swore off getting them. Well. Recently I tried on a few pairs in a store. No fit problem at all. Was the Clarks brand sending all of their "seconds" to QVC to get rid of them? Foisting their problems on us? I don't know, but I had NO trouble with the sandals at the store. 

Edited by TexasTiffany
  • Like 3
  • Useful 9

Share this post


Link to post

I don’t know if they are selling seconds to QVC.  Can’t recall if I have ever kept any Clark’s from Q, but I do know that some styles in shoe stores have not fit me well, either.  I can’t remember the style name, but it is too narrow in the toe box for me.

The Clark’s store at the Mall of America has many cuter styles than what Q sells, too.  I’m better off buying in a store.

 

  • Like 2
  • Useful 6

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, TexasTiffany said:

My first experience with Clarks shoes was buying them from QVC years ago. The lower prices and a few cute styles got me to buy. I've had to send most of them back b/c they didn't fit right. I ordered my regular size. They'd be too big, or too narrow, or way too wide, or whatever. I swore off getting them. Well. Recently I tried on a few pairs in a store. No fit problem at all. Was the Clarks brand sending all of their "seconds" to QVC to get rid of them? Foisting their problems on us? I don't know, but I had NO trouble with the sandals at the store. 

I had the same problem with Clarks. Even in the store. I've had Clarks from size 10 to 13 that were the exact same fit. There is zero quality control.

  • Like 3
  • Useful 6

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, Captain Bob said:

I had the same problem with Clarks. Even in the store. I've had Clarks from size 10 to 13 that were the exact same fit. There is zero quality control.

I guess I got lucky that day. I tried on 3 pairs of sandals. 

2 hours ago, Thumper said:

The Clark’s store at the Mall of America has many cuter styles than what Q sells, too.

ITA, much cuter than what QVC shows us. 

  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post

I have trouble with the Clark's fit regardless of where I buy them. Too much heel slippage. I can only wear their sandals, and even then there are problems. In thong sandals, they always put the thong too far forward. My toes go right up to the edge of the sandal, but there is excess length in the back behind the heel. I get a better fit in other brands.

  • Like 3
  • Useful 2

Share this post


Link to post

I wear Clarks flip-flop type sandals all summer, but I have never found Clarks shoes comfortable at all.  The seem to run too wide for me.  I have good luck with the sandals because they are adjustable in the strap.  Clarks in the summer, Merrills in the winter.  Or Finn Comfort.  But I wear the same shoes for several years, so I don't mind paying the price.  Good thing I am not a shoe diva! 

  • Like 7

Share this post


Link to post

57 minutes ago, Booney said:

And so the pandemic sales bump is beginning to deflate for QuRate - QVC & HSN sales were down 1% in the second quarter. Mike George continues the babblespeak to try to spin this as positive.

https://homeshoppingista.wordpress.com/2021/08/12/qvc-hsn-combined-see-1-revenue-drop-in-second-quarter/

Gee, who would've predicted this?

EVERYONE!

  • Like 4
  • Laugh 3

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, Booney said:

And so the pandemic sales bump is beginning to deflate for QuRate - QVC & HSN sales were down 1% in the second quarter. Mike George continues the babblespeak to try to spin this as positive.

https://homeshoppingista.wordpress.com/2021/08/12/qvc-hsn-combined-see-1-revenue-drop-in-second-quarter/

Important to note, they didn't retain customers. That's not good at all. And despite the retained customers spending more, it didn't make up the difference. 

  • Like 7
  • Useful 3
  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, Shaking My Head said:

I think a QVC package was stolen from my mailbox. Do they cover it?

NM found it. It's a shirt and they put it in a small box instead of a bag. I thought the box was something else.

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post

11 hours ago, LeeDenny said:

Important to note, they didn't retain customers. That's not good at all. And despite the retained customers spending more, it didn't make up the difference. 

Excellent observation.  Perhaps this will be an incentive for them to actually put some effort into fixing Q's shipping issues?  (HSN seems to have less problems in the shipping department, but given that they combine the results we cannot know for certain how badly they're doing overall.)

The need for Q to put more items on advanced order is not helping, and that is mostly out of their control.  But if you read "over there" with any regularity, it's chock-a-block with complaints about "Where is my order!?!?!"  Sure, not every order winds up in the "in process" status of doom, and other times blame can be placed on the mailing system that involves UPS handing things over to USPS and then the fun begins.  But in this day and age if your shipping to customers is slow and unreliable there are plenty of other places they can go.

  • Like 8

Share this post


Link to post
2 hours ago, letusprocrastinate said:

Excellent observation.  Perhaps this will be an incentive for them to actually put some effort into fixing Q's shipping issues?  (HSN seems to have less problems in the shipping department, but given that they combine the results we cannot know for certain how badly they're doing overall.)

The need for Q to put more items on advanced order is not helping, and that is mostly out of their control.  But if you read "over there" with any regularity, it's chock-a-block with complaints about "Where is my order!?!?!"  Sure, not every order winds up in the "in process" status of doom, and other times blame can be placed on the mailing system that involves UPS handing things over to USPS and then the fun begins.  But in this day and age if your shipping to customers is slow and unreliable there are plenty of other places they can go.

I agree with you here.  I haven't bought a lot from QVC over the past year or so, but the few times I've had what I thought was a 'beyond the norm shipping time', I always found it was compounded by the fact that it took a week or more to just to leave the QVC warehouse!  I didn't consider it to be some "in process" issue, just their standard operating procedure.  I didn't call anyone to inquire, it just took it's natural course through their warehouse.  Thankfully, the item got to me rather quickly once it shipped, but it's way beyond the norm for QVC, based on my past experience.  At the height of the issue, what really put me off is the way QVC tried to blame the carriers......carriers, as you say in your post, have their issues, too, but just based on my experience, it was made worse by QVC's slowing processing, lack of communication and lack of customer service to be able to resolve (from what I've read "over there" when people call customer service, they get no answers about the "in process" status of their order).

I'm really wondering if this "in process" hell people were going through was QVC's way of dealing with the advanced order.  Now, the item clearly states it's shipping on "September 10".....maybe before, they weren't telling customers?

  • Like 5
  • Sad 2

Share this post


Link to post

My Slatkin candles came in. They are always nicely presented in beautiful glass jars. I usually by the cheapest ones though. The ones I buy are in the $30 range. They sell others in the $40-$60 range which I don’t buy because I think that’s way too expensive. I often give them as a housewarming/party gifts and people are always raving about them the next time I see them and I want to know where I got them. I will usually keep one for me. In fact, I had one burning and my realtor came over for an assume that of my home and wanted to where, when and how much of the candle. It cracked me up. I’m sure you could buy just a s good candles at the store or Yankee Candle. Wait! Are there still Yankee Candle stores? I haven’t been to a mall in years. I’m all Amazon & QVC for my shopping. I’m such a shut in. LOL!!!!!!

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post

Waiting for VPH lantern TSV.   But have to wait for Innovations in Electronics show first.  Zzzzzzzzz

I know I can order it now, but I want to see it on TV first.  

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post

3 hours ago, Thumper said:

Waiting for VPH lantern TSV.   But have to wait for Innovations in Electronics show first.  Zzzzzzzzz

I know I can order it now, but I want to see it on TV first.  

I love a good lantern. I have a million Luminara Lanterns but I don’t care for the VPH one. The colors are nice but the candle light thing looks fake to me. I’ll be passing on it but I hope you like yours. Like I said, all of the colors are really nice. You can do fall with the the black and brown and the red and white for the holidays. It’s nice that she has a variety of colors. 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
6 hours ago, ByaNose said:

I love a good lantern. I have a million Luminara Lanterns but I don’t care for the VPH one. The colors are nice but the candle light thing looks fake to me. I’ll be passing on it but I hope you like yours. Like I said, all of the colors are really nice. You can do fall with the the black and brown and the red and white for the holidays. It’s nice that she has a variety of colors. 

I saw the lantern, and I feel like the vine motif was a bit overdone.  $50 bux is a bunch.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
10 hours ago, SuprSuprElevated said:

I knew there was a reason I hadn't jumped on the Instant Pot bandwagon.  Yikes!

I recall reading a story years ago about a pressure cooker blowing and the lid ended up embedded in the ceiling.

  • Surprise 5

Share this post


Link to post

Still haven’t ordered the lantern … I like the vine motif better than another she did recently, which was too “heart-y” for me.  I do wonder about the light it  emits as I love my Luminara candles.  Since I just cancelled an $80 pre-order for another lantern, this one would be a bargain!  😂

  • Like 2
  • Laugh 3

Share this post


Link to post

If you like liquorice I can vouch for Harry’s Black Magic candles. I bought them  from QVC U.K. last year and when I got them immediately ordered another set. It’s the most intense, juicy liquorice scent, so much that you feel you could chew it. Needless to say my liquorice consumption increased last autumn! 🤗.

  • Like 6
  • Useful 1
  • Laugh 1

Share this post


Link to post

Thanks! I am going to go order some now. I just don't get the hatred for black licorice. Oh well - more for us (she says as she sips her licorice tea)!

  • Like 4
  • Laugh 3

Share this post


Link to post

The Mr. Halloween “Nostalgic” trees are weird to me.  I guess if I were really into Halloween, the black tree with the pumpkin topper would be my choice.  
 

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
On 8/11/2021 at 3:35 PM, TexasTiffany said:

My first experience with Clarks shoes was buying them from QVC years ago. The lower prices and a few cute styles got me to buy. I've had to send most of them back b/c they didn't fit right. I ordered my regular size. They'd be too big, or too narrow, or way too wide, or whatever. I swore off getting them. Well. Recently I tried on a few pairs in a store. No fit problem at all. Was the Clarks brand sending all of their "seconds" to QVC to get rid of them? Foisting their problems on us? I don't know, but I had NO trouble with the sandals at the store. 

I’ve worn Clarks for years. Loved the quality and sturdiness. They were a heritage niche brand catering to the “sensible” shoe crowd. Think Miss Marple. Margaret Thatcher casual . Queen Elizabeth in her dowager years.

IMO, now that they’ve gone “trendy” their quality is in the toilet. Flimsy. Paper thin insoles. Stretchy but uncomfortable…oxymoronic.

I was seduced into running around in their Cloudsteppers. Comfy, at first, turned into ouchy then unwearable. Last week a long bone (fifth metatarsal) spontaneously broke while walking. The cute shoes offered no protection from hard ground. Vain me.

  • Surprise 4
  • Sad 5

Share this post


Link to post

@BenchWarmer, you weren't vain. You were just wearing poor quality shoes because you used to trust the brand, and you hoped you'd get a good pair.

  • Like 8

Share this post


Link to post
On 8/13/2021 at 12:13 PM, lovemesomejoolery said:

I agree with you here.  I haven't bought a lot from QVC over the past year or so, but the few times I've had what I thought was a 'beyond the norm shipping time', I always found it was compounded by the fact that it took a week or more to just to leave the QVC warehouse!  I didn't consider it to be some "in process" issue, just their standard operating procedure.  I didn't call anyone to inquire, it just took it's natural course through their warehouse.  Thankfully, the item got to me rather quickly once it shipped, but it's way beyond the norm for QVC, based on my past experience.  At the height of the issue, what really put me off is the way QVC tried to blame the carriers......carriers, as you say in your post, have their issues, too, but just based on my experience, it was made worse by QVC's slowing processing, lack of communication and lack of customer service to be able to resolve (from what I've read "over there" when people call customer service, they get no answers about the "in process" status of their order).

I'm really wondering if this "in process" hell people were going through was QVC's way of dealing with the advanced order.  Now, the item clearly states it's shipping on "September 10".....maybe before, they weren't telling customers?

We have to keep in mind it’s all about booking “numbers.” “In Process” no-mans-land cements our orders in place. No one at the Q knows when or if our order will be delivered. It may not have been produced yet. All they know is they have our bank account by the short curlies.

Many items are drop shipped from third parties which turn into logistics nightmares. Everyone is at the mercy of John or Jane Doe and their factory.

Unbelievably, a certain trendy seller of black & white check household goods is worse than the Q. I ordered an “in stock” item April 1, waited six weeks for delivery. Nada. Checked their website in June. The item was back ordered till November. I called - no customer service due to COVID. Emailed with no reply. They played with my money until a week ago…customer service is finally back. I canceled. No apology from them.

  • Like 1
  • Surprise 6
  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
13 minutes ago, BenchWarmer said:

We have to keep in mind it’s all about booking “numbers.” “In Process” no-mans-land cements our orders in place. No one at the Q knows when or if our order will be delivered. It may not have been produced yet. All they know is they have our bank account by the short curlies.

Many items are drop shipped from third parties which turn into logistics nightmares. Everyone is at the mercy of John or Jane Doe and their factory.

Unbelievably, a certain trendy seller of black & white check household goods is worse than the Q. I ordered an “in stock” item April 1, waited six weeks for delivery. Nada. Checked their website in June. The item was back ordered till November. I called - no customer service due to COVID. Emailed with no reply. They played with my money until a week ago…customer service is finally back. I canceled. No apology from them.

I remember you telling us about this happening with the "black and white check" company!  I'm sorry you weren't able to get the item.

I was going to suggest at the time - and I may have - that you check out horchow.com.  They carry a lot of that brand.  The only thing is, if it's not available with the MC, I doubt any other companies THEY sell to will have it, either.  But it's worth a try if you really like and want the item.  At least you could call Horchow customer service before placing the order!  Be advised, though, that Horchow is in Texas. 

 

Edited by lovemesomejoolery
  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post

1 hour ago, BenchWarmer said:

We have to keep in mind it’s all about booking “numbers.” “In Process” no-mans-land cements our orders in place. No one at the Q knows when or if our order will be delivered. It may not have been produced yet. All they know is they have our bank account by the short curlies.

Many items are drop shipped from third parties which turn into logistics nightmares. Everyone is at the mercy of John or Jane Doe and their factory.

Unbelievably, a certain trendy seller of black & white check household goods is worse than the Q. I ordered an “in stock” item April 1, waited six weeks for delivery. Nada. Checked their website in June. The item was back ordered till November. I called - no customer service due to COVID. Emailed with no reply. They played with my money until a week ago…customer service is finally back. I canceled. No apology from them.

That's BBB territory right there.

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
3 minutes ago, letusprocrastinate said:

That's BBB territory right there.

Yup.

Rationally, yes. Realistically, lol.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
4 hours ago, lovemesomejoolery said:

I remember you telling us about this happening with the "black and white check" company!  I'm sorry you weren't able to get the item.

I was going to suggest at the time - and I may have - that you check out horchow.com.  They carry a lot of that brand.  The only thing is, if it's not available with the MC, I doubt any other companies THEY sell to will have it, either.  But it's worth a try if you really like and want the item.  At least you could call Horchow customer service before placing the order!  Be advised, though, that Horchow is in Texas. 

 

I loved Horchow in the 90's! Beautiful home decor. I've still got a spaniel oil painting and 2 venetian glass mirrors from there. Some of Valerie's items remind me of Horchow. 

  • Like 5
  • Useful 3

Share this post


Link to post
On 8/15/2021 at 7:13 AM, SuprSuprElevated said:

I saw the lantern, and I feel like the vine motif was a bit overdone.  $50 bux is a bunch.

Her prices on most items have increased substantially, especially when you add in tax and shipping.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post

Valerie's TSV lantern is really pretty. I considered getting it but the price stopped me. I might find something I like just as well later.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post

As an addendum to my post re a broken foot compliments of Cloudsteppers…

…I have been wearing a pair of Spenco slides that hold my foot together without pain and get me through an active work or play day. They actually feel really comfy good.

Don’t know the style name, but they are canvas and look like Birkenstock clogs. I’m so pleased, I ordered a pair of black flannel ones to go with black work trousers.

  • Like 5
  • Useful 1

Share this post


Link to post

Okay, that underwire bra TSV looks very “cast iron,” as I used to refer to some of mine in the past.

The band underneath looks uncomfortable and like it would roll up.  I’ve had some luck with Bali, but I’ll wait on this one.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
33 minutes ago, Thumper said:

Okay, that underwire bra TSV looks very “cast iron,” as I used to refer to some of mine in the past.

The band underneath looks uncomfortable and like it would roll up.  I’ve had some luck with Bali, but I’ll wait on this one.

It looks very much like (save for the straps) a couple of Jockey products Q carries.  I own a couple Jockeys with that underband thingy, and I don't find it particularly troubling.

  • Like 1
  • Useful 2

Share this post


Link to post
19 minutes ago, SuprSuprElevated said:

It looks very much like (save for the straps) a couple of Jockey products Q carries.  I own a couple Jockeys with that underband thingy, and I don't find it particularly troubling.

I own them too, @SuprSuprElevated!  They aren’t too bad.  For some reason, this one with the underwire seems worse.  Will see what the reviews say.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, Thumper said:

I own them too, @SuprSuprElevated!  They aren’t too bad.  For some reason, this one with the underwire seems worse.  Will see what the reviews say.

Macy's carries this bra.  There are some reviews for it:

https://www.macys.com/shop/product/bali-womens-one-smooth-u-bounce-control-underwire-bra-df3456?ID=12592550&CategoryID=55799&isDlp=true&swatchColor=Black

I think what confuses me is the name of the bra "Bounce Control".  I've worn the One Smooth You bra in both the balconette and the concealing and shaping styles for years and years.  Nothing bounces in these styles, so I don't get what makes this long-line bra so special? 

  • Like 1
  • Useful 4

Share this post


Link to post

Seriously, did anyone in the design process for that necklace consider taking a prototype around to get opinions, as in check to see if the palm trees were actually believable, versus things like:

*They look like they have fangs.

*If those are palm trees, did they just survive a hurricane?

*They look like characters from the Muppet Show.

  • Like 1
  • Laugh 5
  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post

I'm sending back the TSV set of six silicone Spurtles. Nowhere on the packaging or on the Q web site or on the company's web site can I find the country of origin or whether the material is certified food-grade silicone. There is a difference. I'm bummed.

  • Useful 3
  • Surprise 5

Share this post


Link to post

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...

Customize font-size