Forums forums
PRIMETIMER
SilverStormm

QVC

When I got the recent lanterns TSV turns out I had the problem of all batteries being stored in a jumbled box!  HSN had the battery organizer/tester on sale with FS!

Turns out most of my AAAs were dead but the AAs were fine.

The lanterns are terrific and I should have bought an organizer earlier.

• Useful 4

3 minutes ago, ByaNose said:

It’s ITKWD mug time. Hard pass.

He is such a talentless fake and yet he has hundreds of thousand followers.  America, we are effed with stupidity.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, hummingbird said:

What happens to the mattresses they keep opening all listings negotiable and I ship the next day day ?

why not just show a tape 

I believe that since they've been opened and obviously can't be put back in the box, they get donated instead.  I do know that if you buy a mattress in a box and don't like it after you've opened it, you don't send it back; you get a refund and what you do with it after that is your decision ( @Burlywaxed eloquently on this subject a while back).

Although that would be the type of thing to sell at a discount to employees with the employees being responsible for picking them up and taking them home.  (Not that I have any idea if they do that, just throwing out a thought.)

Edited by letusprocrastinate
  • Like 1
  • Useful 3

42 minutes ago, letusprocrastinate said:

I believe that since they've been opened and obviously can't be put back in the box, they get donated instead.  I do know that if you buy a mattress in a box and don't like it after you've opened it, you don't send it back; you get a refund and what you do with it after that is your decision ( @Burlywaxed eloquently on this subject a while back).

Although that would be the type of thing to sell at a discount to employees with the employees being responsible for picking them up and taking them home.  (Not that I have any idea if they do that, just throwing out a thought.)

I am assuming that is what happens 

2 hours ago, letusprocrastinate said:

I do know that if you buy a mattress in a box and don't like it after you've opened it, you don't send it back; you get a refund and what you do with it after that is your decision

Knowing this, consider what the massive profit margin must be on mattresses.  I've always figured this, just based on the considerable amount of time/space dedicated to advertising, but if e-tailers can afford to take everyone at their word and not have them returned (obviously the cost of handling/shipping is great), then there must be a lot of chedda in the matt biz.

• Like 7

34 minutes ago, SuprSuprElevated said:

Knowing this, consider what the massive profit margin must be on mattresses.  I've always figured this, just based on the considerable amount of time/space dedicated to advertising, but if e-tailers can afford to take everyone at their word and not have them returned (obviously the cost of handling/shipping is great), then there must be a lot of chedda in the matt biz.

I agree.

Speaking for myself, the only type of mattress I'd be remotely tempted to buy from a shopping channel is an air mattress. 

• Like 3

After a Rastelli TSV yesterday and 7 hours of Gourmet Holiday, not to mention ITKWD and all the other times the TSV was shown, it's an all-cooking day on Q on Sunday with a Le Cruset TSV.  Seriously, if you don't like the kitchen/food shows just stay off of Q for 24 hours.

Although I have to think that as the 7-hour Gourmet Holiday stretched on even the people there realized 7 consecutive hours is way too long to sell food and nothing else.  But GH takes a hiatus after Tuesday's show and won't be back until the week after Turkey Day.

Edited by letusprocrastinate · Reason: It was 7 hours, not 6
  • Useful 2

21 hours ago, TOAD said:

He is such a talentless fake and yet he has hundreds of thousand followers.  America, we are effed with stupidity.

He should be King of America! It would be a paradise of Potsticker Lasagna from coast to coast!

• Laugh 4

Is H by Halston gone from QVC -- along with Cameron Silver?

I ask because "H Halston" is now on HSN -- with an OAP named Kim Lives (who was titled a "fashion contributor).

(ETA: The OAP's last name isn't actually Lives (I don't think. I think spell check changed it .....and I can't correct it, because I can't recall what her name really is.....and I don't care what it is....oh well.)

Edited by selhars
  • Like 1

24 minutes ago, selhars said:

I ask because "H Halston" is now on HSN -- with an OAP named Kim Lives (who was titled a "fashion contributor).

I took one look at Kim and switched to depressing news instead. Kim is no Cameron Silver!

• Like 1
  • Sad 2

33 minutes ago, selhars said:

Just saw your post after seeing HSN's live feed and posted in HSN thread.

I think Cameron bought a place in PA too,  

wonder why it they got rid of it, other than QVC devolved the line into tunics and leggings like everything else, 

• Like 1

Wasn't it mentioned here that Cameron took some time off to take care of his sick Dad in California but is coming back to the Q next year with another clothing line?  It might even be a revamped Halston line.?

Edited by mpeeps
  • Useful 2

As a sales pitch David just said so many people may not like mattress shopping because they don't want to make a decision on something that's supposed to last for years and years and they don't want to lay down on a mattress in front of strangers. So I suppose a better option is to make that decision based on a QVC huckster and buy a mattress we've never laid on even once?

Edited by selhars
  • Like 3
  • Laugh 11

David is way casual tonight. A t-shirt, sweater & jeans. I can’t recall the last time he wore a tie let alone a tuxedo. Back in the day they would dress up for their jewelry shows. Now, it’s business casual and pajamas everyday. It’s sort like my work but I think they should attempt to dress up a little for tv. 

• Like 10

1 hour ago, mpeeps said:

Wasn't it mentioned here that Cameron took some time off to take care of his sick Dad in California but is coming back to the Q next year with another clothing line?  It might even be a revamped Halston line.?

I know I posted he was in LA to be with his parents, not sure about the QVC or PA house mention.  I don't think that was me. 

I follow him on Instagram.  His dad passed away in early October.  He really was so devoted to his parents.  I haven't seen any mentions of QVC there since his dad passed away, even some comments from QVC people don't mention anything about his return.  If he's like a lot of people, the death of a parent changes your perspective on things, especially when you're an only child.  He may be rethinking leaving LA now, since his mother is alone.

• Sad 8

8 hours ago, mpeeps said:

His Dad died he is an only child and very close to this parents,  

8 hours ago, selhars said:

As a sales pitch David just said so many people may not like mattress shopping because they don't want to make a decision on something that's supposed to last for years and years and they don't want to lay down on a mattress in front of strangers. So I suppose a better option is to make that decision based on a QVC huckster and buy a mattress we've never laid on even once?

doesn't make sense, 

• Like 2

All the hosts sing the praises of all the space heaters they sell. But one just said she has 8 Duraflame Infrared Stove Heaters. If a person has eight of those, don't you just need a better heating system -- or to just turn up the darn heat? I just don't get why anyone, QVC host or not, would need, or use, 8 space heaters. Is it possible that is more financially prudent?  -- more economical than just turning up your house heat? The OAP just said they're a decor heating item.

I didn't grow up with space heaters, never have used them. Only seen co-workers use very small ones to keep feet warm, or warm a cold office. The host intimated "yes," it's cheaper because keeping the overall heat down and just turning on the Duraflame when you're in that room saves money.  Maybe so. But if you're in the LR, and the heat is down in the kitchen, family room or a bedroom....And the heat's down in that area, but you need to go there, then isn't that room cold when you walk in.  Who wants cold rooms all over the house?

I've just never been a "space heater" kind of person. Never needed one I suppose, or thought of heating my house, as wasting or losing money to the point that I had to figure out how to save somehow -- with space heaters.

• Like 3

The Nespresso TSV is now available,  there was conversation about this awhile ago:

Nespresso Vertuo Espresso & Coffee Maker

$159.98, 62 capsules, travel mug.

Most important, 5 color options!

Don't know if this is a good deal or not!

Edited by JohnnyStar5
  • Like 2

Josie Maran was her usual happy-go-lucky self tonight. She wore a sparkly cocktail top, which coordinated with her sparkly Christmas decorations. She has the Saturday TSV.

misc pics QVC Josie Maran Holi-Yay sparkly dress 1 11-13-20.jpg

misc pics QVC Josie Maran Holi-Yay sparkly dress 2 11-13-20.jpg

misc pics QVC Josie Maran HOli-Yay sparkly dress 3 11-13-20.jpg

misc pics QVC Josie Maran Holi-Yay sparkly dress 4 11-13-20.jpg

• Like 6

10 hours ago, selhars said:

All the hosts sing the praises of all the space heaters they sell. But one just said she has 8 Duraflame Infrared Stove Heaters. If a person has eight of those, don't you just need a better heating system -- or to just turn up the darn heat? I just don't get why anyone, QVC host or not, would need, or use, 8 space heaters. Is it possible that is more financially prudent?  -- more economical than just turning up your house heat? The OAP just said they're a decor heating item.

I didn't grow up with space heaters, never have used them. Only seen co-workers use very small ones to keep feet warm, or warm a cold office. The host intimated "yes," it's cheaper because keeping the overall heat down and just turning on the Duraflame when you're in that room saves money.  Maybe so. But if you're in the LR, and the heat is down in the kitchen, family room or a bedroom....And the heat's down in that area, but you need to go there, then isn't that room cold when you walk in.  Who wants cold rooms all over the house?

I've just never been a "space heater" kind of person. Never needed one I suppose, or thought of heating my house, as wasting or losing money to the point that I had to figure out how to save somehow -- with space heaters.

Or you've got really drafty windows, an insulation problem in part or all of the house, that type of stuff.  I've owned space heaters for those reasons.  I think they can also be useful in places where it gets really cold and for the sake of your heating bill and the life of your furnace it's better to keep the thermostat lower instead of having the furnace chug all day long to try to keep your house at 68. 

I guess it also depends on whether or not you have central heat.  Not everyone does.  Although 8 Duraflames seems like a lot.  Maybe she likes the fireplace look all over her house.

Hopefully the Q hosts are mentioning frequently to plug them directly into an electrical outlet. 

• Like 2
  • Useful 4

7 hours ago, JohnnyStar5 said:

The Nespresso TSV is now available,  there was conversation about this awhile ago:

Nespresso Vertuo Espresso & Coffee Maker

$159.98, 62 capsules, travel mug.

Most important, 5 color options!

Don't know if this is a good deal or not!

You will be shocked to learn that is an older model. It's bulkier than the newer models. And I think it requires an extra step to lock the top before you brew. I'd say it's a good deal if you don't mind those minor inconveniences.

Otherwise Macy's offers good "pack-ups" during the holidays.

• Useful 4

14 hours ago, selhars said:

I enjoy my Duraflame, but it is NOT a cost-saver. It adds warmth and a cozy ambience to my living room, but, even with the thermostat turned down, my electric bill goes way up. I think I recall an OAP bragging that the Duraflame costs only 25 cents per hour to operate. Thank goodness I never run it 24/7,  because that would be $180 per month, which is far more than my entire electric bill!

• Like 6
  • Useful 4
  • Surprise 2

Carlo's Bakery Pecan, Pumpkin & Spice Stuffed Pie Cake (I call it the Thanksgiving Layer Cake)

Layers:

Pecan pie

Pumpkin pie

Apple pie

Spice Cake

Cinnamon buttercream

One question:  Did it need sprinkles, too?

I would probably eat each layer individually.  Tasting all of those flavors at once won't make much sense in the mouth.  In that case, maybe it should also be called The Quintessential 2020 Cake.

$99.00

https://www.qvc.com/SH-127-Carlos-Bakery-8"-Pecan-Pumpkin-%26-Spice-Stuffed-Pie-Cake.product.M71618.html?sc=SRCH

Edited by CandyApple
  • Like 3
  • Laugh 1
  • Surprise 2

2 minutes ago, CandyApple said:

Carlo's Bakery Pecan, Pumpkin & Spice Stuffed Pie Cake (I call it the Thanksgiving Layer Cake)

Layers:

Pecan pie

Pumpkin pie

Apple pie

Spice Cake

Cinnamon buttercream

I would probably eat each layer individually.  Tasting all of those flavors at once won't make much sense in the mouth.  In that case, maybe it should also be called The Quintessential 2020 Cake.

$99.00

https://www.qvc.com/Carlos-Bakery-8"-Pecan%2C-Pumpkin-%26-Spice-Stuffed-Pie-Cake.product.M71616.html

blech

• Like 4
  • Laugh 3

1 hour ago, CandyApple said:

Layers:

Pecan pie

Pumpkin pie

Apple pie

Spice Cake

Cinnamon buttercream

$99.00

https://www.qvc.com/Carlos-Bakery-8"-Pecan%2C-Pumpkin-%26-Spice-Stuffed-Pie-Cake.product.M71616.html

That looks disgusting.

• Like 9

On 11/14/2020 at 11:15 AM, HissyFit said:

I enjoy my Duraflame, but it is NOT a cost-saver. It adds warmth and a cozy ambience to my living room, but, even with the thermostat turned down, my electric bill goes way up. I think I recall an OAP bragging that the Duraflame costs only 25 cents per hour to operate. Thank goodness I never run it 24/7,  because that would be $180 per month, which is far more than my entire electric bill!

I used to have one out on the ranch before we moved into town. Remember I had a bazillion cats out there. I’d get their blankets and cat beds together and they would all crowd in and get cozy. And then, I’d turn on the buzz saw!  No, I’d turn on their little Duraflame fireplace and the warm air would waft over them and everyone was very happy. The end. 

• Like 10

32 minutes ago, letusprocrastinate said:

They've been selling that stuff under the same item number since the middle of 2018.  Did they find a bunch of it crammed in the corner of a warehouse?

😟

10 hours ago, letusprocrastinate said:

Considering it's the middle of November, Q can probably do away with the "Only Order This Year" line for the next little while.

beyond their capabilities of the IT

• Laugh 5

Slippers, socks, PJ's, blankets. Over and over and over again. Every single day. Warm and cozy are the key words. I guess I know what most of America is getting for Christmas. 

• Like 7

23 minutes ago, Thumper said:

Everyone could use it!  Giving it as a gift is another matter.  😂

Joke gift for the no-longer-a-teenage brother in your life.  Put on the card, "Wish we had this around the house back when..."

• Like 1
  • Laugh 7

41 minutes ago, bichonblitz said:

Slippers, socks, PJ's, blankets. Over and over and over again. Every single day. Warm and cozy are the key words. I guess I know what most of America is getting for Christmas. 

Gift cards?

• Like 2

Not spending almost $90 on a maximum 6-lb. turkey breast, but I have to say that Rastelli’s seasoned breast in an EZ cook bag looks good even with Alberti mauling it. But the $16 frozen bird I got last week will do just fine!

• Like 5