Forums forums
PRIMETIMER
SilverStormm

QVC

Are we supposed to be amused by "Beach Week"?...IDC if they are filming from a beach house, it's just another home to be envious of (David Dangle's being the most enviable) 😄

• Like 6

1 hour ago, lovemesomejoolery said:

And there's a windmill on it....aren't windmills associated more with The Netherlands?

It says Moulin Rouge under the windmill, so that's appropriate. But doesn't make up for having Fransais right there on the front of the shoulder where everyone can see it. C'est dommage ! 

• Like 1
  • Laugh 6

Just clicked onto Gourmet Holiday…$38 a pound for chocolate bark????  Are they insane?  Maybe they think their audience can’t multiply 4 X 4?

• Like 1
  • Laugh 1
  • Surprise 7

The Lindt OAP is bland.  The selection of truffles included in today's TSV is somewhat uninspiring.  A holiday offering without a chocolate-peppermint combo?  I picked up a bag last December at CVS which had 2 different kind of chocolate-peppermint truffles.

Edited by Dottie D · Reason: corrected sentence
  • Like 6
  • Useful 3

48 minutes ago, hummingbird said:

it's amazing they are still selling it, I bet nobody has even noticed that 

It was noticed. Take a look at the reviews and Q & A's.

• Like 3
  • Useful 1
  • Laugh 2

I don't speak French, but I believe the Francais should be written as francais in that example?

QRate should really have a stern talking-to with their Asian supplier, their Asian supplier's quality control supervisor, their Asian supplier's quality control supervisor's IT liason, and the Asian supplier's quality control supervisor's IT liason's software designer.

The grammar check isn't working.

• Like 4
  • Laugh 7

12 minutes ago, SuprSuprElevated said:

I don't speak French, but I believe the Francais should be written as francais in that example?

QRate should really have a stern talking-to with their Asian supplier, their Asian supplier's quality control supervisor, their Asian supplier's quality control supervisor's IT liason, and the Asian supplier's quality control supervisor's IT liason's software designer.

The grammar check isn't working.

You are right about the lowercase.  If it's an adjective or being used in reference to the French language one uses français. 

At least they didn't do phonetic spelling of the Parlez-vous (Parlay voo?).

• Like 2
  • Laugh 6

August 1st cannot come soon enough.  Between the xmas gatzi stuff and the overpriced holiday gourmet stuff I am completely tapping out on the Q this week.  Next week looks just as bad.  Although my wallet is happy!

• Like 11

1 hour ago, Cupcake04 said:

August 1st cannot come soon enough.  Between the xmas gatzi stuff and the overpriced holiday gourmet stuff I am completely tapping out on the Q this week.  Next week looks just as bad.  Although my wallet is happy!

And, it’s not even July 25th. I don’t like rush the summer but in QVC I’m ready for August.

• Like 3
  • Laugh 3

A $90+ ham? 

Martha’s best in the universe generic wine?

Raw dough cookies?

No words.

• Like 2
  • Laugh 6

I have to say, I'm getting a kick out of the reviews for the Paris inspired D&Co blouse!  Wouldn't it have been Gary's responsibility to review the pattern before giving the OK for it to be made?  Somebody dropped the ball big time.

@hummingbird the building that looks like the Taj Mahal is Sacre Coeur.

Edited by Dottie D · Reason: Added text
  • Like 5
  • Useful 1
  • Laugh 1

Please tell me someone else heard one of the newer hosts refer to Jill’s tank as a “wife beater” today. 😳 It’s at the 4min mark of the video. I’m shocked and stunned. 

• Laugh 2
  • Surprise 15
  • Sad 2

Yep. I heard it!  That new host needs a talkin' too. Back to training. Wonder who her mentor is? Tone deaf much? 

Edited by mpeeps
  • Like 9
  • Useful 1

4 hours ago, mpeeps said:

Yep. I heard it!  That new host needs a talkin' too. Back to training. Wonder who her mentor is? Tone deaf much? 

She's expecting a baby, I believe in September, so she's going to be getting some planned time off in the near future.

When I've watched her I noticed she took a lot of pauses while she was talking; whether she was pausing to listen to someone talking in her earpiece or figuring out what to say next, or maybe both, I don't know.  She also can come across as unprepared. 

I'm sure she's going to get a "don't ever use that term again, please and thank you", sometime soon, if she hasn't already.

Edited by letusprocrastinate
  • Like 8

Sorry, no excuse is acceptable to me.

Cancel Culture would require a male host be fired immediately. 

More innocuous things have been said to greater repercussions. 

Q walks the talk or it doesn't. 

Edited by JohnnyStar5
  • Like 8

1 hour ago, JohnnyStar5 said:

OMG!  That was bad.   I see her going the way of Alex Butler.  

What did Alex Butler do or say? 

• Useful 1

Just now, mpeeps said:

I don't think it was for anything specific but a realization she wasn't cut out to be a host and no amount of extra training was going to help.  She was gone about 4 months after she started on-air.

(Someone can correct me on this assessment.)

• Like 2
  • Useful 2

Alex used vernacular like "da bomb", but nothing outrageous or offensive.  It made her seem unsuitable for the job at hand (in my opinion.)

To me, "wife beater" is street slang completely inappropriate for a shopping channel.

• Like 10
  • Surprise 1

1 minute ago, JohnnyStar5 said:

Alex used vernacular like "da bomb", but nothing outrageous or offensive.  It made her seem unsuitable for the job at hand (in my opinion.)

To me, "wife beater" is street slang completely inappropriate for a shopping channel.

And yet Shawn lives on.

• Like 9
  • Laugh 1
  • Surprise 1

1 hour ago, Coffeecup said:

Closeup, makeup and hair in A393917 Prive Revaux High Power Blue Light Blocking Readers.

She said, “If you’re ordering in the 0.0 [reader strength] , it’s just a fashion story,  you just are wearing them because you love the eye candy of jewelry on your face.” As someone who went through a lifetime of wearing glasses and contacts before I was finally freed of those things through cataract surgery, I strongly disagree. I absolutely hated glasses. I never considered them as "jewelry for the face." I just wanted to get rid of them.

These PR glasses looked better on her than her usual thick, huge, ugly frames. Also she looked better with some color on her lips than 

Edited by rocketinu

14 minutes ago, rocketinu said:

Ignore. No coffee this morning

• Like 2
  • Laugh 5

My online TV guide is showing all the Q's shows with this title.952841005_ScreenShot2021-07-23at6_09_14PM.thumb.png.8748d468e9de8f84691284ad0720afce.png

• Like 1
  • Laugh 15

On 7/23/2021 at 8:10 AM, JohnnyStar5 said:

Sorry, no excuse is acceptable to me.

Cancel Culture would require a male host be fired immediately. 

More innocuous things have been said to greater repercussions. 

Q walks the talk or it doesn't. 

^This!!!

That term has always bothered me when I have seen used elsewhere like social media for example and to use it on a shopping channel as a selling point…ugh!!  Once again, QVC is making it difficult to want to do business with them letting behavior like this and the bullshit antics of the unwashed one slide right on by with no acknowledgement or punishment of any kind. 

AM Style is almost totally unwatchable now. The other “general” fashion shows..like Fashion’s Night In for example seem to have a better mix than AM Style which is now Breezies, Susan Graver, Renee, endless presentations of beauty items and overpriced accessories. And the prices….yowza! In today’s show, there was a basic animal print SG top for $57 and a really plain and basic (in my opinion) Logo top for $56. With tax and shipping…both would be over $60. But they probably will sell tons because they love to slap that “only order this year” graphic up there.

• Like 9

The Q has an LTS of a carved bone pendant!  Jen and Jeff never mentioned the origin of the bones!! Ack!  It is not mentioned in the description and someone questioned it and the question remains unanswered!  No reviews either. I assume it's animal bones but that doesn't sit right with me either and I'm a carnivore.734851184_Screenshot2021-07-2411_08_45AM.thumb.png.f9e6c1bcf4ff16b53b247b1274f89ccb.png941111588_Screenshot2021-07-2411_10_09AM.png.d9151c6a955a61c84c0cff09bd81e69b.png

Edited by mpeeps
  • Like 1
  • Surprise 8
  • Sad 4

Not to interrupt anyone’s experience of “immersive storytelling” 🤮 today, but I saw this and it occurred to me: have they done any more shows from “the beach house” since the first night with Jane?

https://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/qvc-a-leader-of-live-video-commerce-celebrates-beach-week-with-a-remote-broadcast-in-wildwood-crest-nj-301337723.html

Sounded like they planned a bunch of remotes all week, but I can’t recall seeing any more the past few days. 🤔

• Like 1
  • Useful 2

1 hour ago, mpeeps said:

The Q has an LTS of a carved bone pendant!  Jen and Jeff never mentioned the origin of the bones!! Ack!  It is not mentioned in the description and someone questioned it and the question remains unanswered!  No reviews either. I assume it's animal bones but that doesn't sit right with me either and I'm a carnivore.734851184_Screenshot2021-07-2411_08_45AM.thumb.png.f9e6c1bcf4ff16b53b247b1274f89ccb.png941111588_Screenshot2021-07-2411_10_09AM.png.d9151c6a955a61c84c0cff09bd81e69b.png

I’m trying to figure out which is more unsettling:

• the pendant carved from bones; or,
  • the fact that someone with the handle of “romancewriter” would write that grammar-strangling question.

The pendant on the far left looks like a cartoon turkey. 🦃 🤣

• Laugh 13

22 minutes ago, MisterShrug said:

Not to interrupt anyone’s experience of “immersive storytelling” 🤮 today, but I saw this and it occurred to me: have they done any more shows from “the beach house” since the first night with Jane?

https://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/qvc-a-leader-of-live-video-commerce-celebrates-beach-week-with-a-remote-broadcast-in-wildwood-crest-nj-301337723.html

Sounded like they planned a bunch of remotes all week, but I can’t recall seeing any more the past few days. 🤔

The Quacker Factory from the beach house show the other day was only on Facebook.

12 minutes ago, MisterShrug said:

I’m trying to figure out which is more unsettling:

• the pendant carved from bones; or,
  • the fact that someone with the handle of “romancewriter” would write that grammar-strangling question.

Probably a self-publisher.

Edited by letusprocrastinate · Reason: Not to disparage all self-publishers, but some need editors.
  • Useful 4
  • Laugh 1

But it seems like the beach house promo is turning out to be what a lot of Q's "This is going to be exciting!" promos end up:  The you-just-lost sound on The Price is Right.

• Laugh 10

Any mention of the foam shortage used to make matresses during the hard sell presentations today?

• Useful 2
  • Laugh 2

I'm sorry, but the comparable retail value for the Mattress TSV is a joke (H230062).  $909 for a twin and $519 as the TSV?  And it's a bed in a bag.

BTW, the others are Twin XL $999/$519, Full, $1219/$589, Queen $1399.00/$639 and King/Cal King $1899/$699.

Just watching Jennifer sitting on the end of it makes me know it's a piece of crap.

• Like 2
  • Surprise 3

Do any of you get the LTD Commodities catalogs?  I just received my fall one today.  Tara/Temptations is selling some fall/Halloween items in it!   I thought she was an "only on QVC" brand.

• Like 1
  • Useful 4
  • Surprise 5
  • Sad 1

I was on Amazon the other day, looking for cat treats and noticed there is a fair amount of Temptations on Amazon, too.   I was surprised to see it there, but haven't people said it's also available at World Market or some other import place?

• Like 2
  • Useful 4
  • Surprise 2

57 minutes ago, lovemesomejoolery said:

I was on Amazon the other day, looking for cat treats and noticed there is a fair amount of Temptations on Amazon, too.   I was surprised to see it there, but haven't people said it's also available at World Market or some other import place?

I'm curious as to what other "QVC" brands are available elsewhere.  I have seen the Spurtel Lady (Mad Hungry) on an infomercial selling the same sets as on QVC.

Edited by CalicoKitty
  • Like 3
  • Useful 4

1 hour ago, lovemesomejoolery said:

LOL, you had me confused for a moment. I just bought Temptations cat treats at the store today. Then I went Doh! THOSE Temptations! 😂

• Like 2
  • Laugh 14

14 hours ago, lovemesomejoolery said:

I wouldn't trust any name brand on Amazon. I've gotten a number of things that were clearly counterfeit.

• Like 3
  • Useful 3
  • Surprise 3
  • Sad 1

Shoot me please.  Just shoot me.  I cannot freaking take any more of this Christmas in July.  A day, even a weekend, ok.  Fine.  But a whole freaking MONTH?  

• Like 10
  • Sad 1

9 minutes ago, Cupcake04 said:

Shoot me please.  Just shoot me.  I cannot freaking take any more of this Christmas in July.  A day, even a weekend, ok.  Fine.  But a whole freaking MONTH?  

By the looks of it, on main Q just avoid the rest of today as well as next Saturday, the 31st; the rest of the schedule for the next week is pretty non-CIJ.

• Like 6
  • Useful 2
  • Sad 1

It officially began on June 26.

• Like 2
  • Laugh 2

I’ll admit to having a soft spot for the VPH shows.  Have two items in my basket.  (Not mercury glass! 😂)

Not sure I’m ready to buy yet.

• Like 7

On 7/23/2021 at 7:16 AM, mpeeps said:

Alex kept saying "the bomb dot com" every other breath. After watching her for 30 minutes one day, I was done with her. My ears don't have the patience for that anymore. 

• Like 3
  • Laugh 5

The lack of tact of some OAPs stuns me sometimes. The DERMAFLASH OAP was talking about what areas the mini precision (A-457443) can be used so the camera shows model Stacy using it on her sideburns and the OAP says actually Stacy is using it where she shouldn't be using it! which caused Stacy to hesitate for a split second and quickly move on to another area. The OAP could've been more graceful by saying something like, "we see Stacy using it near her sideburns, but we actually recommending using it on just the X Y Z areas..."

• Like 2
  • Surprise 7