Forums forums
PRIMETIMER
SilverStormm

QVC

1 hour ago, lovemesomejoolery said:

Apparently, QVC is under the impression that being "inclusive" with their sizing means that larger sized women need to look sloppy in clothing.

I checked Talbots, just to see what their plus size models look like in their clothing, and saw a more pulled together look.  My thought is that they have the models tuck in their shirts so that you can see what the clothing looks like, how it buttons, snaps, zippers, etc.

Lots of slim ankle styles in plus sizes, but I didn't see any jeggings.

image.png.2a3e486290563e5db05fb7b17e25d9e2.png

image.png.6de601079c45e3be3335e8a11322ee0f.pngimage.png.da8419ce94171bd91bdc1448244979a2.png

image.png.486071b495da8cfebf0dd6979fa19346.png

It looks like these models still have a flatter tummy, which helps with a tucked-in shirt.  (Agree QVC probably did it to show the waistband, but yikes!)

I always have a round tummy, even when I lose weight.  No tucking in for me! 😂

• Like 6

The original was made by another member who hasn't been around for a couple years. I added in July last year.

1626923239_stoneforestpicchristmasinjuly.png.266595b809e2a3925ddedd1871c1ec4b.png

• Like 3
  • Laugh 12
  • Surprise 1

20 hours ago, RubberbandGirl said:

The original was made by another member who hasn't been around for a couple years. I added in July last year.

1626923239_stoneforestpicchristmasinjuly.png.266595b809e2a3925ddedd1871c1ec4b.png

Dear Lord, Tova looks like a skunk. altho I have a pretty Dominique ring of hers

• Like 4

13 minutes ago, One Tough Cookie said:

Dear Lord, Tova looks like a skunk. altho I have a pretty Dominique ring of hers

At least Skunk is wearing actual clothes and not footie pajamas. 

• Laugh 4

Does this mean we will have fewer computer/electronics shows???  Please!!!!! 

• Like 8

He got a $1.4 million signing bonus!

I would have applied if I knew that was on the table.

• Like 3
  • Laugh 13

8 minutes ago, JohnnyStar5 said:

He got a $1.4 million signing bonus!

I would have applied if I knew that was on the table.

First order of business - get rid of the skunk!

• Like 10
  • Laugh 4

About the new head honcho:  One, it's obvious Qurate is going to push forward with curating new QVC and HSN customers, especially those under the age of 40 or so, via their digital and online presence.  Not to say that QVC and HSN on TV are going away since they have plenty of customers who still watch and pick up the phone (although I suspect that number is dwindling year by year), but these days Qurate's main competition is online, especially the big boys like Amazon, WalMart, etc. 

Which brings me to his previous position with Grainger Global Online, and whether he tackles Q's shipping and inventory problems head-on.  They sell, among other things, motors, lighting, material handling, fasteners, plumbing, tools, safety supplies, and inventory management services.  Their primary clientele is industry, which often needs things in a jiffy, and have warehouses large and small full of supplies to keep track of.  I once had a job back in their catalog days in which the department I was working dealt with the local Grainger store several times a week, and they were very well aware that if we said we needed something in a hurry we weren't joking, especially since we could always take our business elsewhere.

Edited by letusprocrastinate
  • Like 5
  • Useful 5

I ordered a Lug Trolley cosmetics bag to send to a friend for her birthday.  Was surprised to see that QVC’s price was $15 less than the price at luglife.com!  The shipping from Lug was also $18!  (Only UPS was offered for shipping.)

The Lug site has more colors, but for the price difference, I found a suitable one for my friend.

BTW, I really like my Trolley bag.

• Like 6
  • Useful 3

Well.....this tells you everything you need to know about QVC's demographic.

I record Bravo's "Watch What Happens Live" every night and watch it when I have time.  Last night, after Real Housewives of New York, which I also record, Andy Cohen had one of the ladies on from RHONY, along with Isaac Mizrahi.  Andy also had both of his parents tending bar.

A big broo-ha-ha ensued on RHONY, wherein one of the ladies (a friend that Ramona Singer brought on this girl's trip to Salem, MA) called the group a bunch of "grandmas" because they weren't rowdy enough or something. 

Andy asked both of them what they thought of the comment, of being called "grandmas" and Isaac said he would take it as a compliment.  He looked back at Andy's parents and said he loves grandmas.  Then - get this - he looked right at Andy and said "and grandmas buy a lot of stuff on QVC".

• Like 1
  • Laugh 16
  • Surprise 2

46 minutes ago, lovemesomejoolery said:

Well.....this tells you everything you need to know about QVC's demographic.

I record Bravo's "Watch What Happens Live" every night and watch it when I have time.  Last night, after Real Housewives of New York, which I also record, Andy Cohen had one of the ladies on from RHONY, along with Isaac Mizrahi.  Andy also had both of his parents tending bar.

A big broo-ha-ha ensued on RHONY, wherein one of the ladies (a friend that Ramona Singer brought on this girl's trip to Salem, MA) called the group a bunch of "grandmas" because they weren't rowdy enough or something. 

Andy asked both of them what they thought of the comment, of being called "grandmas" and Isaac said he would take it as a compliment.  He looked back at Andy's parents and said he loves grandmas.  Then - get this - he looked right at Andy and said "and grandmas buy a lot of stuff on QVC".

That probably explains Carolyn's longevity at the Q!

• Like 2
  • Laugh 10

6 hours ago, letusprocrastinate said:

About the new head honcho:  One, it's obvious Qurate is going to push forward with curating new QVC and HSN customers, especially those under the age of 40 or so, via their digital and online presence.  Not to say that QVC and HSN on TV are going away since they have plenty of customers who still watch and pick up the phone (although I suspect that number is dwindling year by year), but these days Qurate's main competition is online, especially the big boys like Amazon, WalMart, etc. 

Which brings me to his previous position with Grainger Global Online, and whether he tackles Q's shipping and inventory problems head-on.  They sell, among other things, motors, lighting, material handling, fasteners, plumbing, tools, safety supplies, and inventory management services.  Their primary clientele is industry, which often needs things in a jiffy, and have warehouses large and small full of supplies to keep track of.  I once had a job back in their catalog days in which the department I was working dealt with the local Grainger store several times a week, and they were very well aware that if we said we needed something in a hurry we weren't joking, especially since we could always take our business elsewhere.

My main problem with David Rawlinson is that he has no retail experience. He's been in the business of wholesale (?) industrial supplies. I remember how hedge fund manager Eddie Lampert screwed up Sears.  Robert Nardelli, an engineer who had been CEO of GE Power Systems, was put in charge of Home Depot although he had no retail experience, messed up, and was kicked out (2007).

Rawlinson just seems focused on the multiplatform technology aspects of QVC, according to the layers of trendy business buzz-speak in the press release. He's not going to care what the customers think about product quality, product variety, free shipping incentives, shipping time problems, the terrible QVC website, customer service responsiveness,, host personalities, or other issues that are important to customers down here on the ground.. I'm afraid he'll just sit in his ivory tower executive office thinking about new social media platforms and smartphone apps.

• Like 6
  • Surprise 2
  • Sad 1

5 hours ago, lovemesomejoolery said:

he looked right at Andy and said "and grandmas buy a lot of stuff on QVC".

Not for nuthin - grandmas come in a variety of ages.  Through the benefit of marriage, I became a grandmother at 29.  I'm 61 now, and about to become great grandmother to #2 and #3 by the end of the year.

Not everyone ages the same way either.  If Isaac/Qurate pigeon hole their customer base, a new CEO won't fix what the old CEO couldn't.

• Like 8
  • Useful 2

13 hours ago, Coffeecup said:

Rawlinson just seems focused on the multiplatform technology aspects of QVC, according to the layers of trendy business buzz-speak in the press release. He's not going to care what the customers think about product quality, product variety, free shipping incentives, shipping time problems, the terrible QVC website, customer service responsiveness,, host personalities, or other issues that are important to customers down here on the ground.. I'm afraid he'll just sit in his ivory tower executive office thinking about new social media platforms and smartphone apps.

Kinda like William Holden's speech in

Executive Suite (1954)

Basically...How (much of the time) the bottom line ($$$$$) is put above quality products

image.png.e596ff59ef13bc3df08a24057c0b7092.png

• Like 6

18 hours ago, Booney said:

"and grandmas buy a lot of stuff on QVC".

WOW.  I knew Isaac was a TOTAL POS....  That proves it to no end.... !  

• Like 1

Are the TS boots leftovers or returns from the last time they were a TS?

• Like 1
  • Laugh 6

3 hours ago, LeeDenny said:

Are the TS boots leftovers or returns from the last time they were a TS?

Seems like it wasn’t too long ago. Ugly to the F

• Like 4
  • Laugh 1

23 hours ago, JT57 said:

WOW.  I knew Isaac was a TOTAL POS....  That proves it to no end.... !  

Helllloooo QVC…

Grandma’s now a commodities broker, no longer rocking on the porch smoking her corncob pipe, peeling taters for her kinfolk.

Edited by BenchWarmer
  • Like 4
  • Laugh 4

With this repeat tsv, maybe this is a sign of new inventory and manufacturing delays here and abroad.  The new stuff may really be on a slow boat from China ETA 2022. 

• Like 4
  • Useful 1
  • Laugh 2

1 hour ago, hummingbird said:

not sure but if they are it's a sign they way over ordered and they need to be cheaper. not for nothing but the Nord Anniversary Sale starts today, counterprogrammng?   

They were a TSV late last September; they are using the same item number today (A382367).  It does not appear to have sold well on the first go-around given how many sizes they still have available in all of the colors. 

4 minutes ago, mpeeps said:

With this repeat tsv, maybe this is a sign of new inventory and manufacturing delays here and abroad.  The new stuff may really be on a slow boat from China ETA 2022. 

I tend to agree; today's TSV was scheduled to be from New Balance before it was pulled from the schedule and replaced with Camuto.

• Useful 7

Not liking the busy looking tsv Lug bag.  I bet it's not as functional as they say. Much smaller than usual Lug bags at that price. The patterns are off too.

• Like 8

1 hour ago, mpeeps said:

Not liking the busy looking tsv Lug bag.  I bet it's not as functional as they say. Much smaller than usual Lug bags at that price. The patterns are off too.

Yes,  those patterns.  WOW.  I mean,,, TOO MUCH.  It's not a bad bag, but too much with the patterns.

• Like 2

I ordered the black and then canceled. I like a small purse but I’m not a fan of a built in wallet. I like mine separate for a quick change of bag. 

• Like 9

Sooooooo...

Yesterday's Camuto boots TSV (A382367), which was priced at $84.95 and free shipping instead of the QVC price of $109 plus shipping, is now listed as being on clearance at $93.98 with free shipping.

🤔

Edited by letusprocrastinate
  • Useful 1
  • Surprise 8

Only black and gray sold out in the Lug TSV. I wonder if it's lack of interest in the bag or the awful patterns.

• Like 5

15 hours ago, LeeDenny said:

Only black and gray sold out in the Lug TSV. I wonder if it's lack of interest in the bag or the awful patterns.

What on earth would those patterns go with? I understand matchy matchy is out, but they're not even cute patterns. I would have bought in a solid brown, green or red. Do better Lug!!

• Like 8

1 hour ago, sauce62 said:

What on earth would those patterns go with? I understand matchy matchy is out, but they're not even cute patterns. I would have bought in a solid brown, green or red. Do better Lug!!

Agree! Lug has done some nice camo patterns in different colors in the past but no camo option here. 

Can’t believe I am considering the upcoming PLW TSV. It’s a cute hoodie and their quality is actually pretty good..have a few items that are several years old that have held up well but I swore I wouldn’t buy more because their presentations have become so off putting and haughty.

• Like 4
  • Useful 2

Does anyone know if they announced the winner of the June birthday sweepstakes?

I entered almost every day. 

Laugh Reaction GIF by GIPHY News

• Like 1
  • Useful 1
  • Laugh 7

On 7/17/2021 at 10:08 PM, LeeDenny said:

As of 10:57 PM Sunday, the Lug TS is now available in black. There must have been lots of cancellations.

• Like 4
  • Useful 2

1 hour ago, hummingbird said:

NO

I hope she is doing what she should have which is get off SM and focus on her health 

My mother and aunt had cancer a few years ago.   Social media and the web gave them many happy days during their journey.  They networked with other patients/survivors, asked and answered questions.   They were an inspiration to  new patients and ones going through treatment.   They had each other and expressed concerns and emotions with others who were going through or went through the same thing.

Back in the old days, before social media, there were cancer support groups.  Patients and survivors had to attend  meetings.    This is social media and web days.   I think Antonella is simply going with the flow and the networking/support team probably uplifts her spirits.  Whatever it takes to get through the battle, whatever it takes to help others who are the lowest point in their lives, more power  them. 

• Like 7
  • Useful 1

Then there's Ant's GoFundMe up to $117,950 (goal $150K) as of last week, but I'm sure she's not counting.

Edited by mpeeps
  • Like 4
  • Surprise 2

1 hour ago, mpeeps said:

Then there's Ant's GoFundMe up to $117,950 (goal $150K) as of last week, but I'm sure she's not counting.

Seems the pace has slowed.  Probably time for her to film a chemo session, or perhaps show us a gory scar or something.

Edited by SuprSuprElevated
  • Like 5
  • Sad 1

Thanks everyone for your feedback.

I wish Ant well…but…yikes!

This is the whole circus.

Gaging by an additional family member relocating, renting new digs and joining the production crew - and the massive gold jewelry adorning our sick friend -  I’m guessing televangelist cash must be rolling in at a healthy clip. 

Edited by BenchWarmer
  • Like 1
  • Useful 1
  • Sad 6

What the heck happened to Kathy Gendel?

She was beautiful. 

Tonight I saw a woman with witch hair, ballooned waxy cheeks and slits for eyes. She was dressed as a Les Miserables urchin.

I’m shocked.

• Like 5
  • Laugh 2
  • Sad 1

2 minutes ago, BenchWarmer said:

What the heck happened to Kathy Gendel?

She was beautiful. 

Tonight I saw a woman with witch hair, ballooned waxy cheeks and slits for eyes. She was dressed as a Les Miserables urchin.

I’m shocked.

She's been botched. Horrible plastic surgery.

• Like 6
  • Surprise 1
  • Sad 2

5 minutes ago, letusprocrastinate said:

Whoops.  This D&Co blouse has a minor issue written all over it:

https://www.qvc.com/Denim-%26-Co-Printed-A-Line-Blouse-with-Crossover-V-Neck.product.A396455.html

parlez.PNG

Right? 😲

I saw that on live and thought, "Seriously?"

I told Mrs. Shrug that Madame Williams (my high-school French teacher)--assuming she is no longer with us at this point--must be spinning in her grave at that! 😇

• Like 10
  • Laugh 3

5 minutes ago, MisterShrug said:

Right? 😲

I saw that on live and thought, "Seriously?"

I told Mrs. Shrug that Madame Williams (my high-school French teacher)--assuming she is no longer with us at this point--must be spinning in her grave at that! 😇

I know you can go elsewhere and see people excusing this because well, they don't know anyone who speaks French or there are probably not many people in their state who do so it's not a big deal.  But since D&Co is a QVC brand, was there no one there during the creation of this blouse with at least some knowledge of French or who could have instead decided to use a remarkable invention called a search engine to confirm the spelling instead of going with how it sounds phonetically?

• Like 10
  • Useful 1
  • Laugh 2

47 minutes ago, letusprocrastinate said:

I know you can go elsewhere and see people excusing this because well, they don't know anyone who speaks French or there are probably not many people in their state who do so it's not a big deal.  But since D&Co is a QVC brand, was there no one there during the creation of this blouse with at least some knowledge of French or who could have instead decided to use a remarkable invention called a search engine to confirm the spelling instead of going with how it sounds phonetically?

And that is STILL a dumb reason!!!!   Honestly, the dumbing down of America!!😩😩😩

• Like 11

I don't speak French, but I know how to spell and am reasonably literate. That is an inexcusable mistake and someone should be mortified!!!

• Like 14