Forums forums
PRIMETIMER
SilverStormm

QVC

3 hours ago, Retired at last said:

Boomer here. Don't forget the spirograph (is that the thing with the pen and you spin it around to make designs?) and the etch-a-sketch.

Wow, don’t give them ideas for next Christmas . Can’t you see Skunky making “ mad cool “ designs on the new , improved  Etch-A-Sketch?

• Like 1
  • Laugh 7

21 minutes ago, Lady J said:

Wow, don’t give them ideas for next Christmas . Can’t you see Skunky making “ mad cool “ designs on the new , improved  Etch-A-Sketch?

I can hear her saying "Esh-a-Skesh" 🤭

• Laugh 13

Well, if we're going down the rabbit hole...

bizzy.jpg

spiro.jpg

etc.jpg

I may have a thing for graphic arts.

Edited by SuprSuprElevated
  • Like 10

5 hours ago, PopItInUrWasher said:

Imagine if the Q brought back Twister? The presentations would be priceless 😆

Would it be paired with a new version of Operation?

• Like 4
  • Laugh 7

4 minutes ago, letusprocrastinate said:

Would it be paired with a new version of Operation?

I'd love to see Shawn get zapped. 😂

• Laugh 8
  • Surprise 1

We loved playing lawn darts.  I'm amazed that none of us never were spiked.  Those had real, thick metal spikes like a spear.  It did teach us to pay attention. (Today's kid with his head in his phone would not survive).  My brother had a potato gun.  You dug the sharp metal tip into a potato and shot the potato "bullet".  He could go through 2 or 3 potatoes at a time.  No wimpy soft nerf stuff. We also had metal shoes with  3 inch springs on the bottom.  Now that I think about it, almost all of our fun toys and games are now deemed too dangerous.  Sad.  It is even more sad that places like QVC try to bring safer versions.  If you can't provide the real item (like arcade games), just leave it.

• Like 7

52 minutes ago, CalicoKitty said:

We loved playing lawn darts.  I'm amazed that none of us never were spiked.  Those had real, thick metal spikes like a spear.  It did teach us to pay attention. (Today's kid with his head in his phone would not survive).  My brother had a potato gun.  You dug the sharp metal tip into a potato and shot the potato "bullet".  He could go through 2 or 3 potatoes at a time.  No wimpy soft nerf stuff. We also had metal shoes with  3 inch springs on the bottom.  Now that I think about it, almost all of our fun toys and games are now deemed too dangerous.  Sad.  It is even more sad that places like QVC try to bring safer versions.  If you can't provide the real item (like arcade games), just leave it.

I know it’s all in fun and nostalgia and all — until someone gets hurt and sues the manufacturer.  So there is that.

• Like 6

2 hours ago, Thumper said:

I know it’s all in fun and nostalgia and all — until someone gets hurt and sues the manufacturer.  So there is that.

This is true.  Although, back in the day, if I had been speared with a lawn dart my parents would have blamed me for not watching out and paying attention.  My fault, certainly not the manufacturer.  But as we all know, times have changed.  Instead of taking personal responsibility, people blame the company.

• Like 15

19 hours ago, PopItInUrWasher said:

The cap 🔫 that had the red plastic cylinders and when you fired it made smoke

These guys?....

image.png.5252d1d872a4b2adbc4fb97fdb703fb6.png

Fun

• Like 7

Yikes.

The Xmas tree TSV, H-227238, runs from $329 for the 5-foot tree to $859 for the 9-foot tree, but the S&H runs anywhere from $39 to $89.

(Anyone else remember last year when they had a tree on set and the lights on the top section of it weren't working? I'm sure they're going to make certain that doesn't happen this year.)

Edited by letusprocrastinate
  • Like 4
  • Laugh 1

On 7/1/2021 at 10:26 AM, Dottie D said:

After working from home since last March, I'll be back in the office full-time beginning next week. Early on in the panademic I had QVC on as background noise.  Having seen probably much more than I anticipated, I realize just how tired and predictable QVCs products and presentations are.  I certainly watch less now, and haven't purchased anything since January.

As soon as Susan Graver's theme song came on this morning, I quickly changed the channel. Why is she one of the few who gets a theme song? I have the same adverse reaction when I hear the TSV intro music. Click.

I'm curious to see if QVCs sales decline as more of us head back into the office.

All that being said, my favorite part of QVC is this forum!

The fake laughing and ridiculous dancing in the intro for her show is a bit too much. It's all staged and so juvenile.

• Like 5

Holy gaps in the lighting, Batman!

(If you read the reviews from last year's Home Reflections tree TSV, the biggest complaints were lights not working, lights strung as to leave gaps, gaps in the branches themselves, and the 9-foot tree arriving in two boxes but both boxes contained either the top part or the bottom part so they didn't receive the entire tree.)

tree.PNG

• Surprise 12

2 hours ago, letusprocrastinate said:

I'm sure they're going to make certain that doesn't happen this year.)

You are?  I'm thinking your confidence is misplaced, based on historical evidence.

• Like 3
  • Laugh 6

8 minutes ago, SuprSuprElevated said:

You are?  I'm thinking your confidence is misplaced, based on historical evidence.

Ok, maybe I'm optimistic they'll be checking every tree they have on set before they go live. 

Whether or not they look bad while completely lit up is an entirely different issue...

• Like 5
  • Surprise 1

I should just change the channel at this point.

Alberti gave a pat to the 7 1/2 foot tree and it visibly swayed.  A cat would take that down in a nanosecond and feel no guilt.

Oh, and the tree in the back has some lighting balance issues.

tree2.PNG

• Like 5
  • Laugh 4
  • Surprise 1

Last year Bethlehem Lights had a tsv tree and the top of the flocked tree was clearly burnt out and the camera guys still managed to take an overhead shot showing this malfunction.

598293996_Screenshot2021-07-1012_05_52PM.thumb.png.9760d2edde769e9d58a938542ecb9fc1.png

@RubberbandGirl even captured the moment when MBR was told in her earpiece to move away from the defunct tree! 🤣

giphy.gif

Edited by mpeeps
  • Laugh 12

By the end of the presentation (which is still on YouTube) the camera crew stopped showing the top half of most of the trees, unless it was a lone shot.

1160967498_Screenshot2021-07-1012_23_52PM.thumb.png.9075435dec91cc4335dd65f0dcefd4da.png

• Laugh 2
  • Surprise 5

1 hour ago, hummingbird said:

cat can take any tree down

It sure can!  It's why I haven't had a Christmas tree in 7 years.

This is one of mine at 6 mos old....after we put the tree up and left it undecorated for a few days "so they could get used to it".  Her brother, also 6 mos old, would take a running leap and belly flop into the tree.  They were doing this at night, while we were sleeping, and my husband and I just happened to catch them at it on a Sunday morning....

What you can't see is that this one is chewing through the light strand!  Yikes!

resized phpROes71PM (2).jpg

Edited by lovemesomejoolery
  • Like 3
  • Laugh 10
  • Surprise 6

Does anyone follow Jill on social media?   I'm curious why it is necessary for her to have a 'team'. What exactly does she do besides appear on tv once in a while or be the 3rd wheel with the Scotts.

• Like 9
  • Surprise 1

@shopping queen Like a few others who left the Q, your only options seem to be a lifestyle expert of some sort, cooking, decorating, beauty advice and selling more stuff on social media usually fb. Jilly has her own website of merchandise for sale. 

https://justjillshop.com/

• Like 4

I just can't believe all the ceramics offered today!!  Over 13K of these vehicles sold!!

20210710_155500.thumb.jpg.7d5c60102b089e65121967447b30e852.jpg

• Surprise 5
  • Sad 2

2 hours ago, shopping queen said:

Does anyone follow Jill on social media?   I'm curious why it is necessary for her to have a 'team'. What exactly does she do besides appear on tv once in a while or be the 3rd wheel with the Scotts.

I see her posts on Facebook sometimes, but I don’t read them much.  Wasn’t aware she has a  “team!”   Oh boy.

• Like 4

I watched a couple of Jill's fb shows and her "team" is 4-5 ppl. Her daughter interning with her for the Summer, a college girl she met on the Today show named Megan and her husband. 

Edited by mpeeps
  • Laugh 7
  • Surprise 1

2 minutes ago, From Where I Sit said:

I wanna team too!

I’ll be on your team. I’ll select your frumpy wardrobe. 

• Like 1
  • Laugh 12

1 hour ago, mpeeps said:

I watched a couple of Jill's fb shows and her "team" is 4-5 ppl. Her daughter interning with her for the Summer, a college girl she met on the Today show named Megan and her husband. 

You forgot this team member,  Rottweiler IT Guy.

39816E23-CB3F-42F6-9941-47EC7F384F5A.jpeg.676319c65e70d38a4d764d81de8e56ed.jpeg

• Like 3
  • Laugh 11

Just flipped on the tube…and there you have it…a HO-neee ham dressed like a pregnant elf selling honey hams. 

Art imitates life. (Or is it the other way around?)

Tick, tick, tick. One dead relative story and counting.

Breaking news…

Today, Duchess Kate wore a bright green dress and white shoes to Wimbledon.

Today, Duchette Janie wore a bright green twirly tarp and white shoes to Wimpytown.

Royal coincidence? Or Royal PIA?

Edited by BenchWarmer
  • Like 1
  • Laugh 8

Not sure what to make of the VPH illuminating trees or are they traffic cones? 

20210711_115621.thumb.jpg.c9618c9e31c48c719d443bd241d7ae89.jpg20210711_115906.jpg.8371367bb84cf9564287d5ad20f0f3be.jpg

• Laugh 18

Why are they selling Christmas stuff again? I thought they did that on or around the 25th of the month? Last thing I am though now is Christmas. 
I watched a bit of ITKWD today while on the phone with mom. I had to turn it off when they had yeast rolls (some sort of bread rolls, maybe one flavor was pumpkin spice?) for over $30. You have to be kidding me. I am sure I could find something similar locally for less. 
I am trying to enjoy the summer, not stock my freezer for the holidays. 

• Like 6

4 hours ago, hoosier80 said:

Why are they selling Christmas stuff again? I thought they did that on or around the 25th of the month?

I THINK they are doing their Christmas in July for the whole month, even though they started in June. Maybe next month they start doing the 25th. I am only worried that this means that those stupid Christmas movies will take over the regular movie channels. There is Hallmark channel for all Christmas stuff, but they are all going to start. (And I am sorry to all of those who can't get enough of those - enjoy them.)

• Like 6

4 hours ago, JohnnyStar5 said:

You know what Val can do with her illuminated traffic cones.....

And rotate ! 🤣🤣

• Laugh 4
  • Surprise 1

Awww, I kind of love Val.  She used to irritate me (head tilt, perhaps Stepford Wife-ish), but I think  she has rolled with the punches at QVC and survived.  Once in awhile I see something I like, but often it is too mercury-glass-ish or cutesy.  I give her credit for stay-power on the Q.  Her shows are calming for me.  And I love her with Rick!!!! 😁

Edited by Thumper
  • Like 8

I totally agree that Val doesn’t bother me in the least ....and even though I never buy anything from her, I enjoy watching her shows because she is very calm and sensible unlike the two morons who are doing the last two hours of Christmas in July....I cannot believe that Rachel and Jennifer are wearing those stupid felt elf headbands .....it’s not cute and it’s not funny ....I don’t understand why they just don’t act normal but they both want to be noticed and what better way than to wear some green felt on your head....

I don’t know which of these two annoy me more but I would have to say it’s a close tie .....I am about to turn this tripe  off .... I probably watched enough Christmas in July today anyway !

Thanks for letting me vent, my friends

• Like 2
  • Laugh 9

Eh, I figure TPTB encourage that stuff.  Or, they are so bored, they decide to do it for fun! 😂

• Like 2
  • Laugh 4

9 hours ago, SiouxB said:

I totally agree that Val doesn’t bother me in the least ....and even though I never buy anything from her, I enjoy watching her shows because she is very calm and sensible unlike the two morons who are doing the last two hours of Christmas in July....I cannot believe that Rachel and Jennifer are wearing those stupid felt elf headbands .....it’s not cute and it’s not funny ....I don’t understand why they just don’t act normal but they both want to be noticed and what better way than to wear some green felt on your head....

I don’t know which of these two annoy me more but I would have to say it’s a close tie .....I am about to turn this tripe  off .... I probably watched enough Christmas in July today anyway !

Thanks for letting me vent, my friends

Same here.  I don't mind Val at all.  She's actually relaxing to watch.

• Like 2

QVC's inventory issues are really starting to show up; 3 scheduled TSVs for this week have been swapped out:

-Tweak'd replaced with the FitNation Slimline Treadmill on Tuesday

-KitchenAid replaced with Kansas City Steaks on Wednesday

-New Balance replaced with Vince Camuto on clearance on Friday

• Surprise 8

8 minutes ago, letusprocrastinate said:

QVC's inventory issues are really starting to show up; 3 scheduled TSVs for this week have been swapped out:

-Tweak'd replaced with the FitNation Slimline Treadmill on Tuesday

-KitchenAid replaced with Kansas City Steaks on Wednesday

-New Balance replaced with Vince Camuto on clearance on Friday

QVC's issues are pretty well documented, true, but this could easily be a result of the worldwide supply chain pandemic.  It is incredible to me how much trouble is out there, with no indication that a fix is imminent.  The predominant industry in our area is steadily becoming crippled by the inability to ship finished product, while sales are record-setting, as the raw materials needed are just not coming.  Variety of reasons, but all appear to be long-term.  I fear for the economic impact on the horizon.

• Like 5
  • Sad 4

3 minutes ago, SuprSuprElevated said:

QVC's issues are pretty well documented, true, but this could easily be a result of the worldwide supply chain pandemic.  It is incredible to me how much trouble is out there, with no indication that a fix is imminent.  The predominant industry in our area is steadily becoming crippled by the inability to ship finished product, while sales are record-setting, as the raw materials needed are just not coming.  Variety of reasons, but all appear to be long-term.  I fear for the economic impact on the horizon.

I agree, and also agree that overall it's going to get worse before it gets better.

I know I've been one of the people who has rolled their eyes at TSVs being advanced orders expected to ship up to 6 weeks later, but I'm sure Q's programming people and show planners are not having fun these days now that it's necessary to have TSV Plan Bs in the works and potentially not being able to run them throughout the entire day.

• Like 5

And all those advanced "reservations" for the holiday food will have shipping issues later this fall when they are supposed to ship. Then we will see all the "QVC ruined my Thanksgiving/Christmas" complaints. NEVER order something you absolutely need by a certain date from them. 

• Like 8
  • Useful 1
  • Sad 2

5 hours ago, hummingbird said:

the headbands so dumb, and RB looked silly 

it's not cute at all 

I happened to catch the beginning of their show last night, and the two of them were cackling, acting ridiculous while riding around on a kids scooters.  I think Jennifer was the worst of the two, instant click

• Like 6
  • Sad 1

27 minutes ago, Thumper said:

Oh my gosh, no. Not everyone can wear that half tuck look. Personally I don't like it, even on thinner people. Does Q even sell regular pants anymore ? Everything is so tight it looks like leggings. 

@Booney this needs to go in the "poor model" category for your next poll. 

• Like 11

1 hour ago, Thumper said:

48 minutes ago, Benji said:

Oh my gosh, no. Not everyone can wear that half tuck look. Personally I don't like it, even on thinner people. Does Q even sell regular pants anymore ? Everything is so tight it looks like leggings. 

@Booney this needs to go in the "poor model" category for your next poll. 

Oh my! (It’s going in the fashion poll file!)

5AD8ACF6-E14F-4796-B95C-CF0B2A12407A.thumb.jpeg.3758d9477d7a32a5e8866ddbb609a5f1.jpeg

• Like 3
  • Laugh 3
  • Surprise 4
  • Sad 1

Apparently, QVC is under the impression that being "inclusive" with their sizing means that larger sized women need to look sloppy in clothing.

I checked Talbots, just to see what their plus size models look like in their clothing, and saw a more pulled together look.  My thought is that they have the models tuck in their shirts so that you can see what the clothing looks like, how it buttons, snaps, zippers, etc.

Lots of slim ankle styles in plus sizes, but I didn't see any jeggings.

image.png.2a3e486290563e5db05fb7b17e25d9e2.png

image.png.6de601079c45e3be3335e8a11322ee0f.pngimage.png.da8419ce94171bd91bdc1448244979a2.png

image.png.486071b495da8cfebf0dd6979fa19346.png

• Like 9

Nothing is funnier then seeing Lori Goldstein modeling in B Roll for her TSV. That was HARD pass. 

• Like 3
  • Laugh 1