Jump to content
Forums forums
PRIMETIMER
SilverStormm

QVC

Recommended Posts

It seems unfair that the models can't sue the Q for forcing them to appear on national TV in some of these getups.  Those skin-tight pants are obscene.  But I guess a job is a job......

  • Like 3
  • Laugh 4

Share this post


Link to post

1 hour ago, PopItInUrWasher said:

Well, well, well, look at what I found at Burlington today...Brooke Shields Timeless blouse for dirt cheap 😆

Also saw a Martha Stewart button down blouse for $4.99, and a D&Co sweater that looked like it had been kicked around the store for $9.99 (I thought it should've been clearance for like $3). 

20210706_115937.jpg

Good to know!  Might have to check out our store.

 

 

  • Like 5
  • Laugh 1

Share this post


Link to post
16 hours ago, CalicoKitty said:

It seems unfair that the models can't sue the Q for forcing them to appear on national TV in some of these getups.  Those skin-tight pants are obscene.  But I guess a job is a job......

And they're paid QUITE WELL.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
On 7/6/2021 at 12:00 PM, hummingbird said:

LOL Q promo for "retro electronics"

aren't all of their electronics outdated anyway?

Yes,  but at the Q ...  They are WAY WAY outdated.  And i9 would be good for years to come with NO problem.  A Xeon even better.  But the prices for these really super nice processors would be a little different that the junk they sell. 

  • Like 1
  • Useful 1

Share this post


Link to post

For electronics, it really is you get what you pay for.

  • Useful 2

Share this post


Link to post

LOL, on the QVC board, someone was kind enough to post a reminder that ITKWD would be hosted by Blabby since David is still on his WDV. The first two responses were to thank her for the post since they avoid the Blabster at all costs.

  • Laugh 8
  • Surprise 2

Share this post


Link to post

watching Q2 Zuda leggings.  The OAP has a somewhat dark pair on with a definite seam line right down her crotch.  Attention, much?  Camel toe, much?  Mmm no.  Not for me, at least.    Plus, $48.   A452015 

  • Like 1
  • Laugh 1
  • Surprise 2

Share this post


Link to post
28 minutes ago, Thumper said:

watching Q2 Zuda leggings.  The OAP has a somewhat dark pair on with a definite seam line right down her crotch.  Attention, much?  Camel toe, much?  Mmm no.  Not for me, at least.    Plus, $48.   A452015 

I think leggings need some cotton to avoid the R-rated crotch shot. Stretchy nylon or polyester doesn't leave much to the imagination

  • Like 5
  • Laugh 1

Share this post


Link to post

The Q buying team looks like a bunch of focus group twelve-year-olds. 

I lol whenever a team blurb comes on explaining how and why they choose items to be sold. 

The latest promo talks about vintage and nostalgia.

These kids aren’t old enough to remember much beyond CDs vs streaming and vinyl is not just a nail enamel finish.

I imagine a weekend cram session explaining that grandma had glowing ceramic holiday crap lining every nook, cranny, corner and shelf from Thanksgiving through Easter.

  • Like 2
  • Laugh 6

Share this post


Link to post

@BenchWarmer I would love to read some dialogue between you and your grands if you bought them the "retro" portable PacMan tsv arcade game that you hang on wall or secure to a table! 😂 You think the nursing home could use a few of these?

1783749142_Screenshot2021-07-0812_28_33PM.png.a7b9601983cf839f7b6dbf6edc74f4aa.png

Edited by mpeeps
  • Like 1
  • Laugh 7

Share this post


Link to post

When I was a younger Procrastinator, my family owned arcade games in an even more portable form than the TSV, as in a 5-year-old could easily carry one around.  You could play one with it sitting on your lap.

  • Like 5
  • Useful 1

Share this post


Link to post

They are really pushing those oversized ceramic trees for $100!  Looks like they added even more colors!!

457566901_Screenshot2021-07-081_32_30PM.thumb.png.8d3753b4d490e33b929c344d96cd4f25.png

  • Like 2
  • Surprise 7

Share this post


Link to post

The variety of colors must have been at David's insistence.

(Giant ceramic trees tossed off camera to unsuspecting interns!)

They really must appeal to a very special interest audience.  Other than white or green, I can't imagine what you would do with some of these colors!

  • Like 12

Share this post


Link to post

This is getting ridiculous.  They show a picture of a group of adults watching another adult play the arcade TSV and guess what the former are all holding?  That's right, glasses of wine.

  • Laugh 4
  • Surprise 2
  • Sad 6

Share this post


Link to post
On 7/6/2021 at 5:10 PM, PopItInUrWasher said:

Well, well, well, look at what I found at Burlington today...Brooke Shields Timeless blouse for dirt cheap 😆

Also saw a Martha Stewart button down blouse for $4.99, and a D&Co sweater that looked like it had been kicked around the store for $9.99 (I thought it should've been clearance for like $3). 

20210706_115937.jpg

GREAT info.  Thanks for the heads up.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, LeeDenny said:

Those arcade game things are embarrassing. 

Especially how they are showing them. . .Jen playing in an elf hat. . .a group of people drinking wine acting like they're having a great time gathering in front of a door. . .the OAP shifting suddenly to hide all the cords behind him. . .

  • Like 6
  • Laugh 1
  • Sad 3

Share this post


Link to post

19 minutes ago, Neiman said:

Especially how they are showing them. . .Jen playing in an elf hat. . .a group of people drinking wine acting like they're having a great time gathering in front of a door. . .the OAP shifting suddenly to hide all the cords behind him. . .

I didn't see it, but your description reminds me of when they used to do those Posh Present shows around the holidays and people would be milling about, as i they were at a real party.  Or, when they did one of their faux Academy Awards shows, three days after the awards were on TV, at a rooftop bar in LA, with models milling around and "drinking".

These guys really need to cut the performative stuff.  It's too much.  Really, it is.

  • Like 12

Share this post


Link to post
3 hours ago, From Where I Sit said:

If you have the time, watch the video for this product. Laughter will perhaps follow.7D8FC194-CD6C-4131-9EE3-3F85E8757039.jpeg.80b7b8fab22d2caee045d84deb0715b4.jpeg

monifa-bounce-battle-b-rev.gif

  • Laugh 8

Share this post


Link to post
2 hours ago, LeeDenny said:

Those arcade game things are embarrassing. 

Don't tell anyone, but I want the big stand up Pac Man one

Thread Talk GIF

 

  • Like 2
  • Laugh 10

Share this post


Link to post
9 hours ago, mpeeps said:

@BenchWarmer I would love to read some dialogue between you and your grands if you bought them the "retro" portable PacMan tsv arcade game that you hang on wall or secure to a table! 😂 You think the nursing home could use a few of these?

1783749142_Screenshot2021-07-0812_28_33PM.png.a7b9601983cf839f7b6dbf6edc74f4aa.png

@mpeeps the dialogue would be simple…

Him:  Grandma can I have the money instead?

Me:  (thinking about having to rebox, schlep and ship this monstrosity back) Absolutely. No problem dear.

This kid is a triplet. His brother and sister would want the money too…so…I’d have to spring for the cost of the thing x 3. 

 

Edited by BenchWarmer
  • Like 2
  • Laugh 4

Share this post


Link to post
3 hours ago, LeeDenny said:

Those arcade game things are embarrassing. 

Beyond.

I blame it on the buying team’s stable of twelve year old dweebs. They have no clue. Grandma has moved on from a monster Motorola console to Bose.

Years ago Goodwill/Salvation Army were the recipients of my basement “collection” of the nostalgic crapola Q is selling today.

The loud sound you hear is my wallet slamming shut.

 

 

  • Like 9
  • Laugh 1

Share this post


Link to post

1 hour ago, PopItInUrWasher said:

Don't tell anyone, but I want the big stand up Pac Man one

Thread Talk GIF

 

Lol. A legit sized one is cool. It’s the tabletop machines, and the 20 Atari games in one things that are sad. Kids would be like WTF, as would adults I imagine. 

  • Like 2
  • Laugh 3

Share this post


Link to post

Re: The arcade games and other "throwback" stuff. 

(Oh no, she's pontificating again!)

A theory:  If the Q's buyers are as young as they appear to be, their parents are Gen X, which means they played arcade games and grew up and came of age with vinyl (and 8-track!) going into cassette tapes and into CDs.  The later Gen X would have been the first from a young age to have the ability to play both arcade games and games on computers (Commodore 64, Atari, the original Nintendo, games on Apple and PC computers). 

All of that paragraph to say that the throwback is to the 80s and early 90s.

Edited by letusprocrastinate
  • Like 7

Share this post


Link to post
39 minutes ago, letusprocrastinate said:

Re: The arcade games and other "throwback" stuff. 

(Oh no, she's pontificating again!)

A theory:  If the Q's buyers are as young as they appear to be, their parents are Gen X, which means they played arcade games and grew up and came of age with vinyl (and 8-track!) going into cassette tapes and into CDs.  The later Gen X would have been the first from a young age to have the ability to play both arcade games and games on computers (Commodore 64, Atari, the original Nintendo, games on Apple and PC computers). 

All of that paragraph to say that the throwback is to the 80s and early 90s.

You forgot the grandmama of them all…live concerts.

*shameless plug for my desire to go out on the road with Led Zeppelin which ain’t gonna happen because they said so, but a girl has her dreams. I’d settle for one night in Kashmir 

  • Like 4
  • Laugh 7
  • Surprise 1

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, letusprocrastinate said:

Re: The arcade games and other "throwback" stuff. 

(Oh no, she's pontificating again!)

A theory:  If the Q's buyers are as young as they appear to be, their parents are Gen X, which means they played arcade games and grew up and came of age with vinyl (and 8-track!) going into cassette tapes and into CDs.  The later Gen X would have been the first from a young age to have the ability to play both arcade games and games on computers (Commodore 64, Atari, the original Nintendo, games on Apple and PC computers). 

All of that paragraph to say that the throwback is to the 80s and early 90s.

Which is why I find the stuff on the Q very sad. There was a certain aura to an arcade that can't be replicated in your family room. Don't try to take that from me with those pale imitations 😢

  • Like 5
  • Laugh 2
  • Sad 2

Share this post


Link to post

1 hour ago, From Where I Sit said:

2C309A81-3A49-4543-8DEA-8C9002E82CCF.gif.d62e01e502502cd07743505c4ec6c14a.gif

Last year. Oh yippee- can’t wait.

@RubberbandGirl This has to be yours. 

It's about $20 more this time around. Interesting.

  • Like 2
  • Useful 1
  • Surprise 3
  • Sad 2

Share this post


Link to post
2 hours ago, LeeDenny said:

Lol. A legit sized one is cool. It’s the tabletop machines, and the 20 Atari games in one things that are sad. Kids would be like WTF, as would adults I imagine. 

True, the tabletop one looks lame. It doesn't have the same nostalgia. Like @letusprocrastinate perfectly summed up, the allure is supposed to be that 80s/90s feeling, but this ain't it. I'm an older millennial, so I wasn't quite old enough to play the arcade games at the pizzeria and by the time I became a tween/teen, it was all about home gaming systems, but I fondly remember the arcade games...which is probably why I would totally get the stand up version...if I had a den or play room...not just like, bam! in my foyer.

  • Like 8
  • Laugh 1

Share this post


Link to post

Just when I think the TSVs can’t get any more ridiculous…a camouflaged and armored “Beauty Case?”

Are things so bad that we have to carry Malley around in a bulletproof suitcase?

 

 

Edited by BenchWarmer
  • Like 7
  • Laugh 7

Share this post


Link to post
16 hours ago, mpeeps said:

They are really pushing those oversized ceramic trees for $100!  Looks like they added even more colors!!

457566901_Screenshot2021-07-081_32_30PM.thumb.png.8d3753b4d490e33b929c344d96cd4f25.png

Saw that presentation last night...not only was the price ridiculous, but the amount of colors struck me as I was watching..there were at least five different blues alone !
 I remember thinking to myself all the confusion this would wreak during the ordering process ..

Is this qvc ? Would love that tree in blue please 

We have teal blue, navy blue, ocean blue, frosted blue, light blue with clear lights, light blue with colored lights....hello, are you still there ????

 

  • Like 2
  • Laugh 11

Share this post


Link to post
21 hours ago, mpeeps said:

They are really pushing those oversized ceramic trees for $100!  Looks like they added even more colors!!

457566901_Screenshot2021-07-081_32_30PM.thumb.png.8d3753b4d490e33b929c344d96cd4f25.png

Kids, it looks like we have an example of something for everyone…

Everything goes with nothing LoGo inspired? 

An offshoot of the tie dye trend? Twisted, dipped and sprinkled.

Retro psychedelic? Flashes spins and plays sitar version of Jingle Bells.

In honor of cupcakes and giggles month the star topper projects unicorns onto the ceiling.

Some nutcase will collect every . single . one

12 hours ago, From Where I Sit said:

92F79158-D177-4A38-9485-E8D237860C23.jpeg.bcfb0e67dabbc65ccd7b75a232442f0e.jpegI’m not sure, but I think this is Beer Pong for teetotalers.😅

FEB82923-E903-4C0E-8411-B22573D3E879.jpeg.2e206374a1e19884f0ed5b8a1b4c2838.jpeg585862D6-0607-470B-ABBC-9B4F24B2D5CE.jpeg.a25e8b4a0ecd2dfaf48f1d69fab56658.jpeg Look how much fun!

I remember making potholders on one of those things

Edited by BenchWarmer
  • Like 2
  • Laugh 8

Share this post


Link to post

25 minutes ago, SiouxB said:

Saw that presentation last night...not only was the price ridiculous, but the amount of colors struck me as I was watching..there were at least five different blues alone !
 I remember thinking to myself all the confusion this would wreak during the ordering process ..

Is this qvc ? Would love that tree in blue please 

We have teal blue, navy blue, ocean blue, frosted blue, light blue with clear lights, light blue with colored lights....hello, are you still there ????

If the person has trouble making decisions, trying to pick just one may be enough to give them the blues.

  • Laugh 8

Share this post


Link to post
11 hours ago, Neiman said:

Especially how they are showing them. . .Jen playing in an elf hat. . .a group of people drinking wine acting like they're having a great time gathering in front of a door. . .the OAP shifting suddenly to hide all the cords behind him. . .

I dunno about anyone else, but back in the day if I was standing around watching someone play an arcade game it was because I was waiting for them to lose so I could have a turn to play. 

Edited by letusprocrastinate
  • Like 1
  • Laugh 10

Share this post


Link to post
7 hours ago, PopItInUrWasher said:

I'm an older millennial, so I wasn't quite old enough to play the arcade games at the pizzeria and by the time I became a tween/teen, it was all about home gaming systems, but I fondly remember the arcade games..

I'm a boomer...a game of the era:

image.png.27ded8b415abbd21bfb0ca0c248b388b.png

etc...etc:

https://www.pinterest.com/goodbuysalltime/baby-boomer-memories/

  • Like 11
  • Laugh 1

Share this post


Link to post

1 hour ago, PopItInUrWasher said:

Ah yes, I had dozens of yo-yos but never mastered how to use them 😂 and I didn't even touch the hoola hoop. I was a shy kid, the thought moving my hips in a circle would've mortified me 😄

Yep, yo-yos and hula hoops too (I'm later Gen X).  Then there were lawn darts and the baby walkers on wheels, and probably a few other things that are now illegal.

Never mastered a Rubik's Cube.  Only way I would have done it is if I had rearranged the colored stickers.

  • Laugh 6

Share this post


Link to post
2 hours ago, letusprocrastinate said:

If Q starts selling latch-hooking kits, I'll be looking heavenward for the four horsemen.

They were selling adult coloring books at one time, so it wouldn't surprise me.

  • Laugh 4

Share this post


Link to post
24 minutes ago, Thumper said:

😂😂😂. I remember those things!  Before iPhones, they kept us kids busy 8n the car for … a few minutes! 

Mother of sudoku 

  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, letusprocrastinate said:

Yep, yo-yos and hula hoops too (I'm later Gen X).  Then there were lawn darts and the baby walkers on wheels, and probably a few other things that are now illegal.

Never mastered a Rubik's Cube.  Only way I would have done it is if I had rearranged the colored stickers.

Might be illegal now:

[I don't remember what they were called, bear with me] Those little 💣 like things when you threw them on the ground and they made snap/pop noises?

The cap 🔫 that had the red plastic cylinders and when you fired it made smoke

  • Like 4
  • Laugh 1

Share this post


Link to post

Boomer here. Don't forget the spirograph (is that the thing with the pen and you spin it around to make designs?) and the etch-a-sketch.

  • Like 11

Share this post


Link to post

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...

Customize font-size