Forums forums
PRIMETIMER
SilverStormm

QVC

1 hour ago, Booney said:

Especially since Boofetti has apparently retired.

nm

Edited by hummingbird

There's also one Boofetti cookie jar available on ebay.  Seller is taking bids starting at $20.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, letusprocrastinate said:

I admit it, I miss the guy.

It's like the first day of kindergarten. 😢

• Laugh 1

2 minutes ago, burgerbitz said:

Where the heck is Alberti??? He’s been gone from the gourmet shows for three weeks now. 

He's been on either a voluntary or involuntary vacation.  He's back on Thursday, including a Gourmet Holiday with Jane.

• Like 2
  • Surprise 1

I was making a snack when Jane came on with Kim Gravel so had to endure the two of them gushing over each other like two mean girls who want to make sure the rest of us know they have been super besties forEVAH.

Mercifully, I have since finished prep and was able to turn to CNN, which is less horrifying. 

• Like 1
  • Laugh 11

Q is doing an effort for Feeding America, in which for purchases of various items Q will make a donation to them.

Feeding America has the following:  A CEO, a CIO, a Senior VP of Strategic Partnerships, a Chief Marketing and Communications Officer, a Chief of Staff and General Counsel, an Executive Vice President and COO, a Chief HR Officer, a CFO, a Chief Government Relations Officer, a Chief Development Officer, a Chief Equity and Programs Officer, a Chief Network Officer, a VP for Research, and a Chief Supply Chain Officer.  They are part of the 200 employees. 

Feeding America may represent 200 food banks across the US, but I suggest you donate directly to your local church or food bank instead. 

https://www.feedingamerica.org/about-us/leadership

Edit to say that it's entirely possible any money from Q will go fully towards meals for people who need them, but with a leadership structure like that I get wary.

Edited by letusprocrastinate
  • Like 8
  • Useful 2
  • Surprise 3

There are many websites that provide ratings for not-for-profit entities if anyone is interested on doing research on charitable organizations.

• Useful 4

4 minutes ago, LeeDenny said:

There are many websites that provide ratings for not-for-profit entities if anyone is interested on doing research on charitable organizations.

I know this was directed at me, so I am going to say that after looking them up on Charity Navigator Feeding America is very good when it comes to sending donations to the actual purpose.  I will give a mea culpa. 

• Useful 5

I know there are many folks out there who love Pumpkin Spice anything (I'm not one of them), but I don't mix food scents with anything for my bathroom, especially when it involves the toilet.  I happen to use Poo Pourri - my preferred scent is Heaven Scent, since I'm always such an angel! - but this is taking pumpkin spice a bit too far.   Apparently, it's a new Poo Pourri scent (I got an email about it from a magazine - definitely NOT a stop the presses moment, for me at least).

WTF?

image.png.255fa31d9768e8f3bd57dcaa8206dcb5.png

Edited by lovemesomejoolery
  • Like 1
  • Laugh 5
  • Surprise 5
  • Sad 1

I have pumpkin scent deodorizer and room fragrance in one of my bathrooms!  Not sure about Poopourri.

3 hours ago, letusprocrastinate said:

I know this was directed at me, so I am going to say that after looking them up on Charity Navigator Feeding America is very good when it comes to sending donations to the actual purpose.  I will give a mea culpa. 

You made a fair point, @letusprocrastinate.  I too am skeptical of charities that basically exist to collect money and give it to other charities - why not give direct and cut out the middleman organization? United Way operates in a similar way — while I applaud their corporate giving programs which unlock a lot of dollars for charities, I prefer to give directly to organizations that support my pet causes.  

• Like 10

34 minutes ago, Thumper said:

I have pumpkin scent deodorizer and room fragrance in one of my bathrooms!  Not sure about Poopourri.

I can see using a deodorizer, room spray, etc. (to quote St. Mary Beth).  But Poo Pourri is for, well, poo......

• Like 6

18 hours ago, letusprocrastinate said:

The coffee pot was also a staple of churches everywhere.

Hubby still loves Tabasco since he got hooked when he was in the Army!  MRE’s not so much.

• Like 2

I do agree with giving directly but perhaps the deal on Q will get more money from people who might otherwise not donate because its an easy thing to do while on the site 

• Like 4

@letusprocrastinate, not directed at you at all, just prompted by your comment. I apologize if I gave that impression. It just reminded me of my mom donating to all the semi-scam charities when she started down the path to dementia.

• Like 5
  • Sad 1

22 hours ago, lovemesomejoolery said:

I know there are many folks out there who love Pumpkin Spice anything (I'm not one of them), but I don't mix food scents with anything for my bathroom, especially when it involves the toilet.  I happen to use Poo Pourri - my preferred scent is Heaven Scent, since I'm always such an angel! - but this is taking pumpkin spice a bit too far.   Apparently, it's a new Poo Pourri scent (I got an email about it from a magazine - definitely NOT a stop the presses moment, for me at least).

WTF?

image.png.255fa31d9768e8f3bd57dcaa8206dcb5.png

pumpking spice meme.png

• Like 1
  • Laugh 10

Am I the only one who thinks it’s weird that they are making $300 worth of lobster tails look like condoms?

4ECF92FF-B5D5-4847-9C3F-22F85D5A30DD.jpeg

Edited by Somebody Stop Me · Reason: Reduced the photo size, and it posted upside down
  • Like 1
  • Laugh 17
  • Surprise 5

17 hours ago, AuntCarol said:

Hubby still loves Tabasco since he got hooked when he was in the Army!  MRE’s not so much.

I was once part of a group that got to visit a rather famous military installation and we got MREs for lunch.

Not long after I was handed one, I beckoned over a young enlisted guy.

"I think I screwed this up."

"You can't screw up making an MRE."

He soon learned it was possible.

I'm sure I was the talk of the installation that night.

Edited by letusprocrastinate
  • Laugh 8

Speaking of programming,  how about these I see coming up:

Friendsgiving with Pat & Jayne 

Friendsgiving with Mary & Rachel

Friendsgiving with Alberti & Jane

What?  When did that last one happen? And does David know ?

• Laugh 10

9 hours ago, letusprocrastinate said:

I was once part of a group that got to visit a rather famous military installation and we got MREs for lunch.

Not long after I was handed one, I beckoned over a young enlisted guy.

"I think I screwed this up."

"You can't screw up making an MRE."

He soon learned it was possible.

I'm sure I was the talk of the installation that night.

I told my hubby about my post and he corrected me. They didn’t have MREs in Vietnam.  They had sea rations and something called LURPs? Beats me. Maybe that’s why they put Tabasco on everything. To get some flavor or cover up the flavor. 

• Like 1
  • Useful 1

2 hours ago, AuntCarol said:

I told my hubby about my post and he corrected me. They didn’t have MREs in Vietnam.  They had sea rations and something called LURPs? Beats me. Maybe that’s why they put Tabasco on everything. To get some flavor or cover up the flavor. 

C-rations (the bulky stuff) and LRP rations (the freeze-dried dehydrated stuff that was much easier to carry, and they were indeed referred to as lurps).

If I recall, MREs started showing up in the 80s.

• Like 1
  • Useful 4

6 hours ago, JohnnyStar5 said:

Speaking of programming,  how about these I see coming up:

Friendsgiving with Pat & Jayne 

Friendsgiving with Mary & Rachel

Friendsgiving with Alberti & Jane

What?  When did that last one happen? And does David know ?

Maybe they are saving a very special BestFriendsgiving for Jane and David as the grand finale.

• Like 1
  • Laugh 10

I can't imagine how eardrum shattering the combination of Alberti's braying and Jane's shrieking yammering will be!

• Like 1
  • Laugh 10

Amazon has a Nespresso Vertuo Next coffee maker with 30 pods for $100 today (white or gray, search “Nespresso Vertuo Next”). I have a $100 gift card from last Christmas. Color me tempted. 

• Like 6
  • Useful 1

Got a Nespresso Vertuo machine about 2 years ago. Makes an awesome cup of coffee, very similar to what I'd get at Starbucks.  The pods are about $1.00 ea. ?  I'd had hoped the cost of the pods would come down in price with more Nespresso units being sold.  

• Like 3

I was flipping through and could not believe I heard the Lenox lady and David talking about how there is always that unexpected gift you receive - you know and then you need to scramble to reciprocate---- and you know how it goes. hello gift closet!!

And this, year, according to them, there are even more people you need to prepare for with the situation we are living with----------and then Lenox lady says that she always tries to keep at least 8 extra gifts like ornaments around for the unexpected receipt of a gift. And woudn't you know they are selling a set of- EIGHT ORNAMENTS.

I mean really?!......

• Laugh 14
  • Surprise 2
  • Sad 1

8 hours ago, Somebody Stop Me said:

Amazon has a Nespresso Vertuo Next coffee maker with 30 pods for $100 today (white or gray, search “Nespresso Vertuo Next”). I have a $100 gift card from last Christmas. Color me tempted. 

Do it!!!!

• Like 4

What's the criteria for merchandise getting palleted vs. being a lunchtime/primetime special for 3 or 4 years?

• Like 2
  • Laugh 4

3 hours ago, LeeDenny said:

Do it!!!!

I almost did, but the reviews on the machine were a bit discouraging. I think the Vertuo is good, but this is the Vertuo *Next.* But free is a pretty good price, so I still might go for it!

• Like 2

they seem to back/forth between 

"staying home, not seeing people" and needing extra gifts   thereby contradicting themselves in each presentation most amusing 

• Like 10

30 minutes ago, hummingbird said:

they seem to back/forth between 

"staying home, not seeing people" and needing extra gifts   thereby contradicting themselves in each presentation most amusing 

totally so.

They are on target when they have the desserts that are individual portions which  are individually wrapped. I think it was some cookies or muffins? Can't recall right now. But then they have the more typical family size or party size food items and they talk again about entertaining and Thanksgiving and football. 

Things ARE easing up a bit but not around here to that extent. And then they talk about dressing for out to dinner to errands to school etc and let's be real. We may be doing things but for now things have changed. I know when I have been in the stores and seen a dress that caught my eye AND was reasonably priced,,,,,,,,,even well priced--- I had a whole mental workout going on about well  it would be nice to have in case, and then I though in case what??. So while it might not be crazy to buy for the future when things go back to somewhat normal, again, let's be real. Things have changed.

So  sell some more sweat pants and sweatshirts!!

• Like 8
  • Useful 1

10 hours ago, LeeDenny said:

What's the criteria for merchandise getting palleted vs. being a lunchtime/primetime special for 3 or 4 years?

Excellent question.

I saw yesterday that the (IMO hideous) white faux fur G.I.L.I. tote bag with the bottom 1/3 in gold metallic sold out. My first thought was: "they're still trying to get rid of that?" But then again, the truth could be they keep bringing it back because it really does keep selling out.

• Like 1
  • Laugh 1
  • Surprise 3

hmmm Hard to say sometimes with the "we got it back in stock" and an item just not selling- and they don't want to take a loss on it. They create the hype that it was snapped up and sold out and oh look! lucky you---- we were able to get some back in stock so if you are thinking about this- you sure don't want to miss out!!

• Like 1
  • Useful 4

Kirks Folly in the sparkly mask game!  Leopard print masks with rhinestones!

Ginger Puss put one on......such an improvement!  And she couldn't stop touching her mask!

mask.jpg

ginger.jpg

• Like 2
  • Laugh 6
  • Surprise 2

5 hours ago, letusprocrastinate said:

This is pretty educational as to the types of stuff that get the pallet treatment.  It's the guide as to how products are graded condition-wise so those who are bidding (mainly 3rd-party resellers) have a general idea of the quality of the items:

https://qvc.bstock.com/conditions

Very interesting. Thanks.

It seems that instead of donating the obviously used returned merchandise to charity, they sell it. Tacky.

• Like 9

I hope they sterilize the clothes and shoes the unshowered host wore in her presentations.

Edited by Coffeecup
  • Like 3
  • Laugh 6

8 hours ago, lovemesomejoolery said:

Kirks Folly in the sparkly mask game!  Leopard print masks with rhinestones!

Ginger Puss put one on......such an improvement!  And she couldn't stop touching her mask!

mask.jpg

ginger.jpg

These masks seem to be large; they remind me more of a codpiece than a mask for the face.

• Laugh 12

1 hour ago, Friday said:

These masks seem to be large; they remind me more of a codpiece than a mask for the face.

That host w the red hair isn’t right somehow 

• Laugh 8

1 hour ago, LeeDenny said:

That arcade TSV does not look very sturdy.

It was wobbling like crazy when Shawn used it. She had it sitting on top of a big cardboard box, a poor surface to support it.

• Like 2
  • Sad 5

Is it just me or does that Keurig drink maker look like a pain in the ass. Wouldn’t it be easier to just mix a cocktail ?

• Like 5

2 minutes ago, Lady J said:

Is it just me or does that Keurig drink maker look like a pain in the ass. Wouldn’t it be easier to just mix a cocktail ?

But...but...everything's in the pod!  Including the alcohol!  Just add water! 

• Laugh 6

I am perfectly good buying a bottle of premixed margaritas from Costco for $9 when necessary. I love the convenience of coffee pods, but drink-drink pods...that I can do without. Of course, I have a drink maybe once every few months, so...

• Like 6