Jump to content
Forums forums
PRIMETIMER
SilverStormm

QVC

Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, TexasTiffany said:

Cool! (pun intended)

I tuned in a few minutes to watch ITKWD. David said the product got "a happy dance and git it, git it". He did it so fast and forced. I immediately thought that product must not be selling. 

H-227959 Ornament Anchor Set of 48 Ornament Hangers for $34.12 + Ship $3.50. For HANGERS. The OAP says his son invented these and was on Good Morning America. Good back story, but too much money. 

The happy dances have been a bit forced lately.

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post

Are they mentioning that the entire 12 bottles of Vintage Wine Estates (M-76435) are 375 ml?  As in you're buying the equivalent of 6 750 ml bottles for $89?

Edited by letusprocrastinate
  • Surprise 2

Share this post


Link to post
1 minute ago, letusprocrastinate said:

Are they mentioning that the entire 12 bottles of Vintage Wine Estates (M-76435) are 375 ml?  As in you're buying the equivalent of 6 750 ml bottles for $89?

I did not realize that!!!  I was interested, but not anymore.  Thanks!

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
3 hours ago, BenchWarmer said:

We’re only one day into the ridiculous heartwarming Christmas In June July extravaganza and I’m already missing Jillybean’s Buyers Choice limited edition Silent Scream figurines.

Not me, I'm not missing them!  I think I've told this story before, but I inherited a set of these beasts (they are carolers, complete with a lamp post) from my mother in law, who started giving away all her "stuff" several years before she passed away unexpectedly.  I would put them in the powder room and then, eventually, stopped putting them out altogether.  I'm terrible about marking boxes and what's in them, so a few years ago, when I opened a box, all their little heads were screaming at me when I opened the box.  It felt like Bride of Chucky or something.....they are really creepy looking in real life.

  • Laugh 11
  • Surprise 2

Share this post


Link to post
31 minutes ago, letusprocrastinate said:

The happy dances have been a bit forced lately.

Demeaning himself for $$$.

  • Like 4
  • Laugh 1
  • Sad 3

Share this post


Link to post

Help me here.  Seems that so many “ornaments” are wayyyy too heavy to put on a tree.  Val is showing them on shelves with other stuff.  My tree does not hold up to heavy ornaments.  

  • Like 8

Share this post


Link to post

I haven't watched QVC all weekend.....so I just looked at all the "recently aired" items online and see that the vast majority aren't shipping until late July with some shipping in September.  I've never seen this before during a CIJ sale, and obviously understand the reasons why.

I'm curious though - how has QVC handled this on air?  What are they saying to viewers/potentional buyers?

Edited by lovemesomejoolery
  • Like 1
  • Useful 3

Share this post


Link to post
2 hours ago, Thumper said:

Help me here.  Seems that so many “ornaments” are wayyyy too heavy to put on a tree.  Val is showing them on shelves with other stuff.  My tree does not hold up to heavy ornaments.  

I couldn't use the heavy ornaments on my tree either.

  • Like 7

Share this post


Link to post
2 hours ago, Thumper said:

Help me here.  Seems that so many “ornaments” are wayyyy too heavy to put on a tree.  Val is showing them on shelves with other stuff.  My tree does not hold up to heavy ornaments.  

Thumper, I thought the exact same thing and the first thing I said to myself was if I bought any of  these “ornaments”,  I would snip off the string but ultimately I decided against ordering anything from CIJ (including the ornaments)...LOL...

They almost had me with the four nostalgia mini trees but I got the regular size one as a gift last year and honestly that’s enough for now....

And since we say anything on this site (within reason, of course 🤣), I have to tell you that the rep for Mr. Christmas creeps me out and she always has...

Too many teeth in her mouth 

  • Like 1
  • Laugh 4
  • Surprise 1

Share this post


Link to post

I haven’t noticed that, @SiouxB, but I’m only paying attention sporadically! 😃

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
17 hours ago, Thumper said:

I did not realize that!!!  I was interested, but not anymore.  Thanks!

It has also been pointed out in the reviews on the product page that "12 Days of Christmas Advent Calendar" is inaccurate as a name for said box o' wine since Advent is before Christmas and runs for a month and the 12 Days, well, they run from December 26 until January 6.

Edited by letusprocrastinate · Reason: Unless you're Orthodox
  • Like 2
  • Laugh 1
  • Surprise 4

Share this post


Link to post

QVC is selling a Vionic sandal “Paula,” for $90.

Same sandal for $75 on Zulily.

Aren’t both Q and Zulily part of the Qurate empire?

  • Like 6
  • Surprise 5

Share this post


Link to post
14 hours ago, lovemesomejoolery said:

I haven't watched QVC all weekend.....so I just looked at all the "recently aired" items online and see that the vast majority aren't shipping until late July with some shipping in September.  I've never seen this before during a CIJ sale, and obviously understand the reasons why.

I'm curious though - how has QVC handled this on air?  What are they saying to viewers/potentional buyers?

I don't know what they were saying (mute button) but the ship dates were in the graphics.

There were even advance ship dates in October.

  • Useful 1
  • Surprise 3
  • Sad 2

Share this post


Link to post
13 minutes ago, letusprocrastinate said:
15 hours ago, lovemesomejoolery said:

I'm curious though - how has QVC handled this on air?  What are they saying to viewers/potentional buyers?

I don't know what they were saying (mute button) but the ship dates were in the graphics.

There were even advance ship dates in October.

Especially with the food, they are selling for dates in November and December. Some had an option for now, but most were advanced sales.

A weird thing though - they were selling the Mama Mancini mozzarella stuffed meatballs, which I used to have on auto-ship, until they cancelled that. They hardly ever have those in stock, so when I saw them, I jumped on to try to order. Well, the item number they were showing pulled up a message that it was an incorrect number or sold out (although it was on the screen), then I checked Item on Air and it wasn't showing. Then, I just put in Mama Mancini and it didn't show up at all, BUT there was an option for another number, so I used that one. It actually worked better since the one they were selling had half cheese-stuffed and half regular, so I was able to get all cheese filled. I know their website is absolutely horrible, but to not be able to buy the item on the air was really bizarre.

I know., I know, I can make my own meatballs for far less money, but I am so darn sick of cooking every day and every meal, so I just decided to have some pre-made options. And, although expensive, I can make a meal out of 1 meatball. (Hmmmmm - I USED to be able to do that, but now I am eating keto, so I guess that rules out the baked potato or sub roll options!!! Meatball salad?)

  • Like 9
  • Useful 1

Share this post


Link to post
3 minutes ago, Retired at last said:

I know., I know, I can make my own meatballs for far less money, but I am so darn sick of cooking every day and every meal, so I just decided to have some pre-made options. And, although expensive, I can make a meal out of 1 meatball. (Hmmmmm - I USED to be able to do that, but now I am eating keto, so I guess that rules out the baked potato or sub roll options!!! Meatball salad?)

Yes, salad!  I tried this recipe last year, when I was tired of cooking and tired of eating and making the same old stuff.  I had recorded a huge amount of Food Network shows, repeats for most people, but since I'd never seen them the first time, they were new to me.

I saw this episode of Giada's show (I think it was one about what her daughter likes to eat) and, at first, I was like "this sounds gross" (or some version of that statement!).  But we tried it.  I used my own meatballs and sauce recipe, but went with the salad part of the recipe. 

It was pretty good!

https://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/giada-de-laurentiis/meatball-salad-8148305

  • Like 2
  • Useful 2

Share this post


Link to post
11 minutes ago, Retired at last said:

Especially with the food, they are selling for dates in November and December. Some had an option for now, but most were advanced sales.

A weird thing though - they were selling the Mama Mancini mozzarella stuffed meatballs, which I used to have on auto-ship, until they cancelled that. They hardly ever have those in stock, so when I saw them, I jumped on to try to order. Well, the item number they were showing pulled up a message that it was an incorrect number or sold out (although it was on the screen), then I checked Item on Air and it wasn't showing. Then, I just put in Mama Mancini and it didn't show up at all, BUT there was an option for another number, so I used that one. It actually worked better since the one they were selling had half cheese-stuffed and half regular, so I was able to get all cheese filled. I know their website is absolutely horrible, but to not be able to buy the item on the air was really bizarre.

I know., I know, I can make my own meatballs for far less money, but I am so darn sick of cooking every day and every meal, so I just decided to have some pre-made options. And, although expensive, I can make a meal out of 1 meatball. (Hmmmmm - I USED to be able to do that, but now I am eating keto, so I guess that rules out the baked potato or sub roll options!!! Meatball salad?)

Chop them up and put them in an omelet.

  • Like 2
  • Useful 2

Share this post


Link to post

Is it just me or do a lot of what Val Parr Hill is selling looks like it comes from China?  I used to buy her things, but so many look very cheap and Dollar Storish now.

  • Like 11

Share this post


Link to post

56 minutes ago, Taffy Apple said:

Is it just me or do a lot of what Val Parr Hill is selling looks like it comes from China?  I used to buy her things, but so many look very cheap and Dollar Storish now.

Looks like?

A lot of it does.

She isn't creating any of this.  She's selecting this stuff and putting her name on it.  You can find equivalent products at box stores.

  • Like 10

Share this post


Link to post

A Baggalini handbag listed as “in process” by QVC was delivered to my house today.   😂

  • Laugh 8
  • Surprise 2
  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post

I don’t see good before and after differences re the Lancer TSV. In some photos the after looks worse than the before.

 

 

 

Edited by BenchWarmer
  • Like 7

Share this post


Link to post
2 hours ago, hummingbird said:

would doubt if she selecting it but some drone at the Q 

Her stuff really went downhill, it started with the over abundance of mercury glass a few years ago

  • Like 11

Share this post


Link to post
52 minutes ago, hummingbird said:

and everything is now lit up 

her things before where a bit nicer IMO

 

53 minutes ago, Etherbunny said:

Her stuff really went downhill, it started with the over abundance of mercury glass a few years ago

Years ago, I used to buy a lot of Valerie's products, especially for Christmas. Her items were tasteful and attractive. I can't remember the last time I bought something from her line. I agree with both of you - too much mercury glass, too many things that light up, and just a general cheapening of her merchandise. Somehow Val still manages to cheerfully present all that kitsch.

  • Like 12

Share this post


Link to post
52 minutes ago, Booney said:

 

Years ago, I used to buy a lot of Valerie's products, especially for Christmas. Her items were tasteful and attractive. I can't remember the last time I bought something from her line. I agree with both of you - too much mercury glass, too many things that light up, and just a general cheapening of her merchandise. Somehow Val still manages to cheerfully present all that kitsch.

The last thing of Valerie’s that I purchased were the window candles about 4 years ago. They are great quality, but I haven’t see anything since that appealed to me. 

  • Like 9

Share this post


Link to post

I have a trio of small resin cardinals.  They're so nice I set them out all year.

Not glittered, no plugs, no multi colored flashing lights.  They don't move, spin, rotate or talk.

Last thing I bought of hers.

  • Like 10

Share this post


Link to post
8 minutes ago, JohnnyStar5 said:

I have a trio of small resin cardinals.  They're so nice I set them out all year.

Not glittered, no plugs, no multi colored flashing lights.  They don't move, spin, rotate or talk.

Last thing I bought of hers.

Nor do they require you to buy stock in Duracell.

  • Like 6
  • Laugh 5

Share this post


Link to post
23 hours ago, lovemesomejoolery said:

Yes, salad!  I tried this recipe last year, when I was tired of cooking and tired of eating and making the same old stuff.  I had recorded a huge amount of Food Network shows, repeats for most people, but since I'd never seen them the first time, they were new to me.

THANKS! I will definitely try that. Maybe with a keto breadstick. Yum.

  • Like 1
  • Laugh 1

Share this post


Link to post
On 6/28/2021 at 3:57 PM, letusprocrastinate said:

Looks like?

A lot of it does.

She isn't creating any of this.  She's selecting this stuff and putting her name on it.  You can find equivalent products at box stores.

Box stores, Ebay, Amazon, just do a search and you'll find it or very similar. It's horrible how these so pious people outright lie to you.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post

I had ordered the Napa Hills Vineyard Enriched Water.  Yikes!!  This stuff is absolutely disgusting.  Unfortunately, the after taste lingers for a long time.  I only tried a few swallows, and went immediately to the phone and called customer service for a refund.  The ingredients are not very specific, either.  Save your money and your taste buds.  This is a horrible product.  (I'll stick to my bubbly water from my Soda Stream). On a positive note, the customer service "team member" answered very promptly, and was very polite.  No wait time at all, and no question about the refund.

  • Like 6
  • Useful 2
  • Surprise 3

Share this post


Link to post


While extolling the virtues of Lancer’s evening polishing and washing regimen - Blabs conveniently forgot to tell her self-confessed personal story about being so lazy she goes to bed with her stage makeup on.

 

Edited by BenchWarmer
  • Laugh 6
  • Surprise 2

Share this post


Link to post

2 hours ago, CalicoKitty said:

had ordered the Napa Hills Vineyard Enriched Water.  Yikes!!  This stuff is absolutely disgusting.  Unfortunately, the after taste lingers for a long time.  I only tried a few swallows, and went immediately to the phone and called customer service for a refund. 

Thanks for your review. I have that chilling in the fridge. Did CS tell you that you have to return it or just give you the refund? I was really hoping it would be good. I will still try it, but am not too hopeful.

  • Like 1
  • Useful 2

Share this post


Link to post

Another male skincare model during the Lancer tsv presentation. This is "Dan".

20210629_235254.thumb.jpg.263cf9c1b880af114718a1409b02b52d.jpg

 

  • Like 11

Share this post


Link to post
Just now, mpeeps said:

Another male skincare model during the Lancer tsv presentation. This is "Dan".

20210629_235254.thumb.jpg.263cf9c1b880af114718a1409b02b52d.jpg

 

Dan is welcome back anytime. He has nice arms and nice skin. All thanks to Dr. Lancer 😉

  • Laugh 8

Share this post


Link to post

I see on Q2 which I never watch is selling 2 Vera Bradley face coverings $8.05. I’m guessing they are trying to unload their massive quantity they bought. Of course, leave it to QVC to go over an even amount. They just had to kick in the 5 cents. I’m not wearing my masks anymore and I have about 4 or 5 in my back seat. I also have 2 extra baseball (Phillies) mask in my house which I’ll probably never wear. I also have a 10 pack of those disposable ones that I bought at Giant at the height of the pandemic. Yup! I’m covered and hopefully I won’t be needing them anytime soon. Sincerely yours, Double Vaccinated. 

  • Like 5
  • Laugh 6

Share this post


Link to post
3 hours ago, Retired at last said:

Thanks for your review. I have that chilling in the fridge. Did CS tell you that you have to return it or just give you the refund? I was really hoping it would be good. I will still try it, but am not too hopeful.

There are reviews that are positive, so maybe you will like it.  If you call Customer Service, they will tell you that food (and beverage) items cannot be sent back.  They will ask if you want to reorder (?), want QVC credit, or a refund.  I took the refund.

 

 

  • Like 3
  • Useful 4

Share this post


Link to post
15 hours ago, JohnnyStar5 said:

I have a trio of small resin cardinals.  They're so nice I set them out all year.

Not glittered, no plugs, no multi colored flashing lights.  They don't move, spin, rotate or talk.

Last thing I bought of hers.

I hear the 2021 version chirp inspirational messages from those who are gone but not forgotten.

”Auntie Jean says cut down on the carbs cheep cheep” 

“Grandpa says do you really need that chirp chirp second slice of Juniors cheesecake?” Etc

  • Like 1
  • Laugh 10

Share this post


Link to post

5 hours ago, Burly said:

I hear the 2021 version chirp inspirational messages from those who are gone but not forgotten.

”Auntie Jean says cut down on the carbs cheep cheep” 

“Grandpa says do you really need that chirp chirp second slice of Juniors cheesecake?” Etc

Kerstin's version for David:

"Stop eating that greasy bacon caw caw."

  • Like 1
  • Laugh 7

Share this post


Link to post
10 hours ago, ByaNose said:

I see on Q2 which I never watch is selling 2 Vera Bradley face coverings $8.05. I’m guessing they are trying to unload their massive quantity they bought. Of course, leave it to QVC to go over an even amount. They just had to kick in the 5 cents. I’m not wearing my masks anymore and I have about 4 or 5 in my back seat. I also have 2 extra baseball (Phillies) mask in my house which I’ll probably never wear. I also have a 10 pack of those disposable ones that I bought at Giant at the height of the pandemic. Yup! I’m covered and hopefully I won’t be needing them anytime soon. Sincerely yours, Double Vaccinated. 

Maybe companies should donate all their leftover masks to countries that are struggling to get vaccines. Or to quilters to make some nice blankets. (Fabric ones of course)

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post

In a small voice, I am enjoying the little bit I can watch of the Q's jewelry shows today.

  • Like 11

Share this post


Link to post
2 hours ago, mpeeps said:

In a small voice, I am enjoying the little bit I can watch of the Q's jewelry shows today.

🙂enjoy the jewel.  If you said you were enjoying 8greens shows, then we’d be worried. 

  • Laugh 15

Share this post


Link to post
On 6/29/2021 at 10:00 AM, Booney said:

 

Years ago, I used to buy a lot of Valerie's products, especially for Christmas. Her items were tasteful and attractive. I can't remember the last time I bought something from her line. I agree with both of you - too much mercury glass, too many things that light up, and just a general cheapening of her merchandise. Somehow Val still manages to cheerfully present all that kitsch.

"Shatterproof" = plastic 😕

  • Laugh 6
  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post

5 hours ago, mpeeps said:

In a small voice, I am enjoying the little bit I can watch of the Q's jewelry shows today.

Me too.  This will show my age but I miss the Silver Savings/Silver Style shows from back in the day.  Once a month Sunday morning 8-12.  This was pre OAP and the shows were loaded with products and they didnt linger too long on one thing so it went quick and had so many items.  So much so that there was preview at start, review half way, then loong like 10 min review at end of every item in show.  I am so old that it was first Janies show, then she left and Jill took over.  It was my must see tv.  I may have been known to VCR it so I could go back.  This was before internet or dvr so if you changed channel you missed it.  Of course it was also way inexpensive.  I wont say cheap tho cuz the quality was amazing.  Stuff you would never ever find anywhere else.  Lots of gemstones.  I have so much silver from back then.  Ah...those were the days!  

  • Like 20

Share this post


Link to post
16 hours ago, Burly said:

“Grandpa says do you really need that chirp chirp second slice of Juniors cheesecake?” Etc

Yes, you need a second slice of cheesecake... to keep from throttling a bird figurine!

30 minutes ago, Cupcake04 said:

 Of course it was also way inexpensive.  I wont say cheap tho cuz the quality was amazing.  Stuff you would never ever find anywhere else.  Lots of gemstones.  I have so much silver from back then.  Ah...those were the days!  

I miss those days of beautiful, inexpensive jewelry to satisfy my jewelry fix. One of my most treasured buys from QVC is a multi-heart silver bracelet. It was a TSV around $30. Unbelievable low price now. I've also got several gemstone/silver bracelets, rings, and pendants, that HSN was practically giving away. 

This morning I heard Scott (Jai guy) comparing his TSV bracelet to Picasso creating art. It must come from his Hubris Collection. 

Edited by TexasTiffany
  • Like 3
  • Laugh 15

Share this post


Link to post

My favorite QVC jewelry piece is from Eterna Gold.  It is a ring in the shape of a cat with teeny diamond eyes.  I wear it a lot.  I have some other Eterna bracelets that are quite heavy.  No way could I afford to buy that much gold today.  Eterna Gold was good quality.  They don't have shows any more, do they?

 

  • Like 7
  • Laugh 1
  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, Cupcake04 said:

Me too.  This will show my age but I miss the Silver Savings/Silver Style shows from back in the day.  Once a month Sunday morning 8-12.  This was pre OAP and the shows were loaded with products and they didnt linger too long on one thing so it went quick and had so many items.  So much so that there was preview at start, review half way, then loong like 10 min review at end of every item in show.  I am so old that it was first Janies show, then she left and Jill took over.  It was my must see tv.  I may have been known to VCR it so I could go back.  This was before internet or dvr so if you changed channel you missed it.  Of course it was also way inexpensive.  I wont say cheap tho cuz the quality was amazing.  Stuff you would never ever find anywhere else.  Lots of gemstones.  I have so much silver from back then.  Ah...those were the days!  

I remember the Sunday silver shows too. Those were great shows. I used to VCR shows too!

  • Like 10
  • Laugh 1

Share this post


Link to post

I started a little after some of you, but learned about jewelry from QVC.  Overbought.  Now can’t remember whether some eternity bands are Diamonique or actual diamonds (Affinity). lol.  Liked the Southwest jewelry and simpler designs.  Still love the Or Paz and jewelry from Israel (HSN).

One of my favorite pieces is a pair of earrings from Ross-Simons.  Silver leaves with a small red gem (carnelian?) hanging on the leaf.  Very “Thumper!” 😁❤️
 

 

Edited by Thumper
  • Like 10

Share this post


Link to post

Has Quaker been banished to Q2? I don't watch during the day so maybe I miss it on 1.

  • Surprise 1

Share this post


Link to post

I liked tha Jai TSV, but I just can’t buy from him because either he or Jill annoyed me so much!  lol

Trying the Eclissi watch JRT sold in the last few minutes Wednesday.  I really like Robert Elizondo (?), the rep — who was not on air.  But I trust him.  Think it will be small enough for my wrist. (My wrists and ankles are the smallest parts of me! 😂)

  • Like 2
  • Useful 1
  • Laugh 1

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, LeeDenny said:

Has Quaker been banished to Q2? I don't watch during the day so maybe I miss it on 1.

The Quacker Factory line is mostly shown on Q2. I did see it on the main Q channel the other day. I watched most of it. 

Jeanne Bice died June 10, 2011. I had to look it up. It doesn't seem like it's been 10 years, but it has. 

  • Like 2
  • Useful 2
  • Surprise 2

Share this post


Link to post

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...

Customize font-size