Forums forums
PRIMETIMER
SilverStormm

QVC

12 hours ago, LeeDenny said:

Maybe people are going to real stores to shop to enjoy a maskless shopping trip or just to take advantage of going out? It will be interesting to see sales numbers for the past quarters. 

Shopping center and restaurant parking lots are jam packed around here. 

• Like 7

Please tell me why I should buy stale Q merchandise now to gift in December.

Product cycles will be three generations ahead by the holidays.

Brick & mortar will be incentivizing like crazy.

I’m tired of returning mistakes.

• Like 11

Would a CIJ kickoff be complete without an on-the-verge-of-tears testimonial?

Tales of the dead + product endorsement = instant click

Edited by BenchWarmer
  • Like 1
  • Laugh 5
  • Sad 4

I have a pair of Clark’s Cloudstepper sandals that I like, but I’m on the fence with the TSV due to sizing—not sure what to get. They looked too wide on Leah and the model. 🤔 The video they posted before today didn’t have many close ups of the shoe.

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, Neiman said:

I have a pair of Clark’s Cloudstepper sandals that I like, but I’m on the fence with the TSV due to sizing—not sure what to get. They looked too wide on Leah and the model. 🤔 The video they posted before today didn’t have many close ups of the shoe.

I got the ones in the below link when they were a TSV last year...almost identical, without the bow.  I didn't have any problems with my normal size, but maybe check out the reviews on it?

https://www.qvc.com/CLOUDSTEPPERS-by-Clarks-Washable-Knit-Slip-Ons---Carly-Wish.product.A379917.html?sc=SRCH

As an aside, when I look down at my feet when wearing these shoes, they do sort of make my foot look wide, if that makes sense!

• Like 2
  • Useful 1

28 minutes ago, lovemesomejoolery said:

I got the ones in the below link when they were a TSV last year...almost identical, without the bow.  I didn't have any problems with my normal size, but maybe check out the reviews on it?

https://www.qvc.com/CLOUDSTEPPERS-by-Clarks-Washable-Knit-Slip-Ons---Carly-Wish.product.A379917.html?sc=SRCH

As an aside, when I look down at my feet when wearing these shoes, they do sort of make my foot look wide, if that makes sense!

Thank you for sharing this. I’m also on the fence about the bow. I like this style better than the TSV since there’s no bow. That blue camo is calling my name. 😂

• Like 2

Truth + Style…

Watch the rep’s hands when they’re hanging by her side. 

Reminds me of overactive crabs 

• Laugh 4

I THINK I understand that article.  So is RangeMe the “middleman” that buying from QVC is supposed to eliminate?????   😂

• Like 4

7 minutes ago, Thumper said:

I THINK I understand that article.  So is RangeMe the “middleman” that buying from QVC is supposed to eliminate?????   😂

Yup.

It also tells me QVC lacks initiative and imagination in attracting hip new vendors.

• Like 8
  • Useful 1

1 hour ago, RubberbandGirl said:

I chuckled at this sentence in the article:

We are constantly looking for innovative products that will surprise and delight our discerning customers," said Rob Robillard, SVP of Merchandising Home, Culinary, Electronics and Merchandising Operations at Qurate Retail Group.

Discerning customers? Based on some of the Qrap that sells out, “discerning” isn’t an adjective I’d choose.

And what would “surprise and delight” this customer is to get an item I ordered in less than three weeks.

• Like 9
  • Laugh 9

I think qurate is turning hsn and qvc into sales platforms like EBay, Amazon and Walmart; almost anyone can list products on there and ship them out themselves. Though they may never end up being shown on air. Maybe?

• Like 1
  • Useful 3
  • Surprise 2
  • Sad 1

I don’t like button-fly jeans.  A hassle to close and I don’t want anyone looking there. 😁.  But I am a repressed recovering Catholic. 😂

• Laugh 9

24 minutes ago, Thumper said:

I don’t like button-fly jeans.  A hassle to close and I don’t want anyone looking there. 😁.  But I am a repressed recovering Catholic. 😂

Well, you probably don't want Renee's tushy lifter pants. Poor Rebecca. Camel toe city.

• Laugh 10
  • Surprise 1

3 hours ago, Thumper said:

I won't buy button-fly jeans. If we have to pee in a rush, we can't take time to fool with unbuttoning a row of fly buttons. The buttons might look cute, but no way are they practical. Bless the person who invented the zipper!

• Like 7

TSV Luminara Lantern. They sold out of the largest (30”) lantern. I already have too many so I’ll be passing on it. Christmas in July……er……June. The host(s) are a flitter about. Kirsten & Alberti were especially giddy this morning. Most were in their summer red, white & blue wardrobe. I guess they are making up for last years non holiday for some people. I don’t know how the host will be able to contain themselves in July. LOL!!!

• Like 4
  • Sad 1

I bit the bullet and ordered a 19” TSV in red.  It’s a lot of money, but I have been pleased with my other Luminara purchases and I have a good spot for it. (Also 12% rebate on Rakuten.)

• Like 6

13 minutes ago, Thumper said:

I bit the bullet and ordered a 19” TSV in red.  It’s a lot of money, but I have been pleased with my other Luminara purchases and I have a good spot for it. (Also 12% rebate on Rakuten.)

I have 2 red ones in the earlier version. I only keep them indoors and they still look brand new. I bet it will look great wherever you put yours. 

• Like 7

I used to like Katia, but she's so full of herself. The hair and nails!  I googled her a few years ago and was shocked by what came up. I don't know if it's still there, and maybe you'll agree with her.

• Like 3
  • Surprise 1

Those Mr. Christmas ceramic Christmas trees with the heads on them (Santa, snowman, elf) are creepy to me!  Eeek.

I have one of their regular ceramic trees which I love.  Very nostalgic.  When I get very old, it will be my Christmas tree, I am sure. 

• Like 5
  • Surprise 2

TSV from Valerie is an Illuminated Glitter Ornament with Scene. Hmm. I like fun. I like down-home comfort kitsch. It's got swirling glitter, with lights and a scene that I expect Cindy-Lou Who to be in. What I want to know... does it come with marshmallow snow, licorice whips, and peppermint candies to glue on the sides? 

I want to like the TSV but it's just too cartoonish. (Last year's lantern version was a better style.)

• Like 5
  • Surprise 1

On 6/25/2021 at 10:32 PM, Coffeecup said:

Bless the person who invented the zipper!

There are many of these inventions that need to be celebrated. I often tell people that the person who invented air-conditioning should have a national holiday. 

"On July 17, 1902, Willis Haviland Carrier designed the first modern air-conditioning system, launching an industry that would fundamentally improve the way we live, work and play." (I googled it.)

• Like 10
  • Laugh 1

3 hours ago, TexasTiffany said:

There are many of these inventions that need to be celebrated. I often tell people that the person who invented air-conditioning should have a national holiday. 

"On July 17, 1902, Willis Haviland Carrier designed the first modern air-conditioning system, launching an industry that would fundamentally improve the way we live, work and play." (I googled it.)

The guy who is considered the father of AC and refrigeration has a statue in the US Capitol, one of Florida's two contributions to the National Statuary Hall collection.  His name is John Gorrie, and he invented the ice-making machine in 1841.

https://floridainvents.org/john-gorrie/

(Another inventor in the Statuary Hall collection is Crawford Long, from Georgia, who in 1842 blessed the world with medicinal ether.)

Edited by letusprocrastinate
  • Like 2
  • Useful 2
  • Laugh 1

On 6/25/2021 at 3:58 PM, Thumper said:

It's not an article.  It's a straight-up press release, which to me is essentially saying that Qurate is outsourcing the search for new vendors.

• Useful 4

7 hours ago, Thumper said:

Those Mr. Christmas ceramic Christmas trees with the heads on them (Santa, snowman, elf) are creepy to me!  Eeek.

I have one of their regular ceramic trees which I love.  Very nostalgic.  When I get very old, it will be my Christmas tree, I am sure. 

I didn't mind the angel, and the snowman I'm not certain about, but Santa and the elf are a bit bizarre.

https://www.qvc.com/Mr-Christmas-14"-Nostalgic-Ceramic-Christmas-Tree-with-Topper.product.H227466.html

• Like 1
  • Laugh 3

Did anyone else see the 24" oversized colossal ceramic trees!! Almost too big for that ceramic tree "nostalgia". They were very popular. Teal and seafoam were almost sold out and the dark blue trees I'm pretty sure did. Perfect for a David's Big Down Home Christmas show! I bet they kept him in mind when designing $$$! 🤣🎄

20210627_083603.thumb.jpg.5b1abc15dcad6f3fb7a92a813e80de01.jpg20210627_083637.thumb.jpg.f16d2eb08faba7a1ffffa68f69a76462.jpg20210627_083538.thumb.jpg.ac876b5f3d780bccd9eb409bfec5ce33.jpg

Edited by mpeeps
  • Like 4
  • Laugh 4

8 hours ago, TexasTiffany said:

Sorry @TexasTiffany and @letusprocrastinate

The guy who really invented air conditioning was a caveman named Ugg who sat on a block of ice after having eaten a bag of stegosaurus and bean burritos on his way home from rounding corners at the square wheel factory.

Ugg sat on the ice to relieve hemorrhoid problems, but his wife noticed - although a bit smelly - he created a cooling breeze with every relief of his intestinal problems.

Ugg felt he was on to something so he quit his managerial job and spent the rest of his life perfecting and patenting his “Penguin Cooling System” which substituted wing flapping for human propelled air flow over ice.

He also invented fugly boots to protect from ice house frostbite.

• Laugh 10

Looks like Valerie overload today!! 

• Like 4
  • Laugh 3

11 hours ago, Shaking My Head said:

I used to like Katia, but she's so full of herself. The hair and nails!  I googled her a few years ago and was shocked by what came up. I don't know if it's still there, and maybe you'll agree with her.

Never have cared for her. Agree—so full of herself and the hair and nails are a distraction. I tend to turn the channel when she’s on.

• Like 3

29 minutes ago, mpeeps said:

Did anyone else see the 24" oversized ceramic trees!! Almost too big for that ceramic "nostalgia". They were very popular. Teal and seafoam were almost sold out and the dark blue trees I'm pretty sure did. Perfect for a David's Big Down Home Christmas show! 🤣🎄

20210627_083603.thumb.jpg.5b1abc15dcad6f3fb7a92a813e80de01.jpg20210627_083637.thumb.jpg.f16d2eb08faba7a1ffffa68f69a76462.jpg20210627_083538.thumb.jpg.ac876b5f3d780bccd9eb409bfec5ce33.jpg

I saw someone selling them a few days ago and guaranteeing we won’t find that color assortment anywhere else. 

• Laugh 6

Valerie is about to hit 85,000+ in TSV sales!  Seems like 250,000+ is possible today, if they ordered that many.

• Surprise 6

Pat sure likes wearing her headbands doesn’t she?! It’s like one day she decided to wear them and hasn’t stopped. They are currently hawking color motion Candy Canes. Um, I think I’ll pass. 🎅  🤶  🎄 

• Like 1
  • Laugh 7

18 minutes ago, ByaNose said:

Pat sure likes wearing her headbands doesn’t she?! It’s like one day she decided to wear them and hasn’t stopped. They are currently hawking color motion Candy Canes. Um, I think I’ll pass. 🎅  🤶  🎄 

The candy canes are sold out, so you're safe.

Edited by letusprocrastinate
  • Laugh 6
  • Surprise 2

10 minutes ago, letusprocrastinate said:

I was so close. I guess I will just have to survive without them. How will I go on?!? LOL!!!

• Laugh 6

I watched a couple minutes of the TSV presentation.  Then washed some dishes, started the coffee,  walked out to get the newspaper from our driveway, opened the shades on the lower level, poured myself a cup of coffee — came back to the TV and they are still presenting the TSV!  lol

I do like some of the scenes (church, tree farm, deer), but not a fan of round ornaments so that throws me off.

• Like 4
  • Laugh 3

I also think some of the scenes are nicely done, but I can do without illuminated glitter spinning about in some type of liquid.   It's too much.

• Like 8
  • Laugh 1

3 hours ago, JohnnyStar5 said:

Valerie is about to hit 85,000+ in TSV sales!  Seems like 250,000+ is possible today, if they ordered that many.

How much you wanna bet that we will see the TSV again later thus year.  Honestly don’t believe their how many ordered BS. 

• Like 4

3 hours ago, letusprocrastinate said:

Scooped up by those “discerning customers” again!

• Laugh 7

Did anyone else notice David's new buzz word - everything is "dynamic," where he used to say, "delightful." I am feeling bad for him - he just gets lost in his phrases since he is on auto-pilot. When he starts with, "Everyone is. . ." he stumbles to come up with the ending. He needs a vacation (or to retire and enjoy life without having to dance on command). His dances look pretty tired today. Like he can hardly make it around in a circle.

Also, he keeps saying how he missed food and can now taste on camera. Does he think we would think that he hasn't eaten all this time????

At least there was no TSV presentation on  ITKWD today.

• Like 10
  • Useful 1

David carefully noted a plate he was using was "sanitized."  Why does that still need to be such a big deal?  Does he mean it's fresh from the dishwasher? Or no one licked it?  

Yes, the dances were particularly lackluster today.

Edited by JohnnyStar5
  • Like 2
  • Laugh 11

49 minutes ago, Retired at last said:

Did anyone else notice David's new buzz word - everything is "dynamic," where he used to say, "delightful." I am feeling bad for him - he just gets lost in his phrases since he is on auto-pilot. When he starts with, "Everyone is. . ." he stumbles to come up with the ending. He needs a vacation (or to retire and enjoy life without having to dance on command). His dances look pretty tired today. Like he can hardly make it around in a circle.

Also, he keeps saying how he missed food and can now taste on camera. Does he think we would think that he hasn't eaten all this time????

He's going on vacation!  Will be back on July 11.

• Like 6
  • Surprise 1

Here's some buzzy selling points I picked up which we'll hear a lot:  Stage Direction: move toward camera, lower head, turn on earnest voice.....

The holidays are going to be very special this year.  Very meaningful and special. You will see and entertain friends and family you haven't been with in a long, long time.

They deserve the (salmon, prime rib, bacon wrapped turkey, wine, cheese cake, pretzel sticks....) you will be serving. 

• Like 9

18 minutes ago, JohnnyStar5 said:

Here's some buzzy selling points I picked up which we'll hear a lot:  Stage Direction: move toward camera, lower head, turn on earnest voice.....

The holidays are going to be very special this year.  Very meaningful and special. You will see and entertain friends and family you haven't been with in a long, long time.

They deserve the (salmon, prime rib, bacon wrapped turkey, wine, cheese cake, pretzel sticks....) you will be serving. 

Conversely, some people might be thinking last year’s holidays were the best they every had and didn’t miss the annual thanksgiving family showdown and hours of cooking. Either way, precooked food fits. 😁

• Like 6
  • Laugh 9

1 hour ago, Retired at last said:

I'll have not watched for that word.  He was using "extraordinary" quite a bit.  We even started a drinking game of his buzzwords.  I love someone mentioned how he gets tangled up in his buzzwords when he goes on auto pilot.  SO TRUE.  He is getting SO obese and unhealthy looking.  He really needs to get out before he strokes out.  

Edited by JT57
  • Like 3
  • Useful 1

We’re only one day into the ridiculous heartwarming Christmas In June July extravaganza and I’m already missing Jillybean’s Buyers Choice limited edition Silent Scream figurines.

• Laugh 12

13 minutes ago, BenchWarmer said:

We’re only one day into the ridiculous heartwarming Christmas In June July extravaganza and I’m already missing Jillybean’s Buyers Choice limited edition Silent Scream figurines.

Eh, I bet she’ll be selling them from her JustJill shop!!!  Maybe new ones “she designed.”

• Laugh 6

15 minutes ago, BenchWarmer said:

Years ago I had an interview at Byers Choice, which was in the Philly suburbs not far from where I live. I interviewed with the Owner/CEO. At one point, he gave me a tour of the facility, and we walked into a room that was filled with those figurines, all silently screaming. It was oddly terrifying, lol.

• Laugh 11

2 hours ago, JohnnyStar5 said:

David carefully noted a plate he was using was "sanitized."  Why does that still need to be such a big deal?  Does he mean it's fresh from the dishwasher? Or no one licked it?  

And he had to use plastic utensils. They didn't have any real cutlery he could use to cut the steak??? We get real silverware at restaurants. They are going way overboard with the safety requirements. At least he could eat a pretzel or cookie.

I do hope David comes back from vacation well rested and has not spent his time posting pics from his time away.

• Like 5

13 hours ago, letusprocrastinate said:

The guy who is considered the father of AC and refrigeration has a statue in the US Capitol, one of Florida's two contributions to the National Statuary Hall collection.  His name is John Gorrie, and he invented the ice-making machine in 1841.

Cool! (pun intended)

I tuned in a few minutes to watch ITKWD. David said the product got "a happy dance and git it, git it". He did it so fast and forced. I immediately thought that product must not be selling. 

H-227959 Ornament Anchor Set of 48 Ornament Hangers for $34.12 + Ship $3.50. For HANGERS. The OAP says his son invented these and was on Good Morning America. Good back story, but too much money. 

• Like 4
  • Useful 2