Forums forums
PRIMETIMER
SilverStormm

QVC

1 hour ago, Shaking My Head said:

Please tell me who buys this LG crap. Horrendous, to say the least.

I've bought a few pieces through the years, none lately.

Indications are that many, many people buy that crap.  

• Like 4

Alberti’s quite the team player to handle a four hour block of fashion shows.

Apparently Aimes is on a well deserved vacation.

The Q has a shart load of female hosts…where are they?

Never mind…

…a high probability of having to sell the TSV and lie about wearing it violates their immaculate moral and ethical standards…

• Laugh 4

9 minutes ago, BenchWarmer said:

Alberti’s quite the team player to handle a four hour block of fashion shows.

Apparently Aimes is on a well deserved vacation.

The Q has a shart load of female hosts…where are they?

Never mind…

…a high probability of having to sell the TSV and lie about wearing it violates their immaculate moral and ethical standards…

Yeah right.

The watercolor top by Kim is great, but not $50+ great.

• Like 1
  • Surprise 3

One of the Gendel daughters said the TSV "won't cause a line of demarcation" at the top of the bust. How, when there is an elastic band around the top? I've never seen a bandeau not cause a line of demarcation. Either this Breezie was made with sorcery or lies & deception. 😄

• Like 7
  • Laugh 5

6 minutes ago, PopItInUrWasher said:

One of the Gendel daughters said the TSV "won't cause a line of demarcation" at the top of the bust. How, when there is an elastic band around the top? I've never seen a bandeau not cause a line of demarcation. Either this Breezie was made with sorcery or lies & deception. 😄

I agree.  That’s just straight “fibbing” on their part.

• Like 7

7 minutes ago, PopItInUrWasher said:

The entire company, along with the lineup of vendors, need to toss their scripts into a bonfire the likes of which West Chester has never before seen.  That "line of demarcation" BS has been around since the first Gulf war.  They've used the same sales tactics, demonstrations, props, spiels, etc., since Jesus was a foot soldier, apparently under the assumption that their audience is unique on the daily.  I find that very difficult to believe.  Young people are not watching QVCTeeVee.  Those that are deserve a fresh approach.

• Like 6
  • Useful 2

9 hours ago, JohnnyStar5 said:

Rhonda Shear always says that you just "step into" hers.

*Ponders*

I'm very much a pear.  So I'd have to stretch a bra past the widest part of my body in order to get it to the narrowest part of my torso.  I can just imagine disaster.

• Like 5
  • Laugh 5

Just now, letusprocrastinate said:

*Ponders*

I'm very much a pear.  So I'd have to stretch a bra past the widest part of my body in order to get it to the narrowest part of my torso.  I can just imagine disaster.

Same. I cringe at the sound of popping stitches when I have to shimmy something past my hips. 

• Like 8

I’m offended they’re assuming the majority of the Q audience would wear the “wrong bra” with this top.

3F7596C4-FEFE-4584-A93D-73783D2FFB3E.jpeg

• Like 6
  • Laugh 11
  • Surprise 2

Kalina is not the most attractive of the Gendel girls. (not that any are)

Again, that strapless bra looks so thick. It looks like extra-strength compression socks. Ugh.

2 minutes ago, letusprocrastinate said:

And to the Gendel daughter who has been doing this all day:  A bra does not necessarily work as a camisole.

She's trash. I can see her hanging out at a dive bar in nothing but a Breezie bra.

• Like 3
  • Laugh 8

6 minutes ago, Neiman said:

I’m offended they’re assuming the majority of the Q audience would wear the “wrong bra” with this top.

3F7596C4-FEFE-4584-A93D-73783D2FFB3E.jpeg

And they actually labeled them wrong bra vs right bra 😆

• Laugh 11
  • Surprise 1
  • Sad 1

3 minutes ago, letusprocrastinate said:

And to the Gendel daughter who has been doing this all day:  A bra does not necessarily work as a camisole.

Just clicked to Q again.  You can see the shirring on the bra through her skin-tight tank top!!!  Tacky.   Ack.

To escape the Gendels, I actually switched over to ShopHQ and One World Fashions.  I like Sam Sambora, the product rep, ever since he hosted some reality show about bridal fashions, but the One World shows are not for me.

• Like 5
  • Useful 1

2 minutes ago, Thumper said:

Just clicked to Q again.  You can see the shirring on the bra through her skin-tight tank top!!!  Tacky.   Ack.

To escape the Gendels, I actually switched over to ShopHQ and One World Fashions.  I like Sam Sambora, the product rep, ever since he hosted some reality show about bridal fashions, but the One World shows are not for me.

I tuned into a One World presentation last week after not watching for a few years. I was shocked that they were still doing that "blank white space, not a mistake" in the prints, sharkbites and handkerchief hems. But I guess One World Hive is a loyal fan base. 🤷🏽‍♀️

• Like 8
  • Surprise 1

46 minutes ago, PopItInUrWasher said:

Wrong! 

I looked.

I saw.

I clicked.

(lots of lumpy stuff under that tank)

• Like 10

I heard CoKo say they started the day with over 70,000 and now they have over 20,000 TSVs. I’m surprised they’ve sold that many.

27 minutes ago, PopItInUrWasher said:

And they actually labeled them wrong bra vs right bra 😆

That’s right…because we’d never figure it out on our own. Thank goodness for the Breezy Ladies and QVC.

• Like 3
  • Laugh 8

2 hours ago, mpeeps said:

I felt the urge to post this video here again to refresh anyone's memory of what we're dealing with when the Breezies family is on one of their Q marathons.

Just watched a video filmed right before Kalina gave birth (2020?)

Each gal gave her spiel, spin and narcissistic world view.

Kathy said they are pitching a reality show to a Hollywood production company.

Move over Kim, Kourtney, Kloe, Kris & kompany. The underwear posse is hot on your money trail.

• Laugh 6
  • Surprise 2
  • Sad 3

Oh good lord. Now one Gendel is wearing a thin-strapped top with the bra.  It is showing under her armpit.  Classy.  Ack.

Then the “no” is beautiful model Anne wearing a crunchy “before” bra with regular straps under a dress with only one sleeve. Please.  

These daughters “might” be very real, but Kalina looks SO overdone with the makeup.

• Like 5
  • Laugh 5
  • Sad 1

Breezies presentations are an instant click for me. Unfortunately, they are on all. the. damn. time.  AM Style, Fashion’s Night In, the Your Style Live clearance shows on Q2. 

Avoiding QVC at all costs this weekend…hopefully they will have counter live programming on Q2.

I had 2 items sitting in “preparing your order” status for over a week. Yesterday, got emails stating both were delayed. Today..they showed up at my door. Trying to give them the benefit of the doubt as I know many places are having staffing issues but between high prices, little perks outside of easy pay, stale products/programs and less than stellar customer service…I am really going to think twice before ordering. Also, the obnoxious host with her own thread who continues to get away with everything.

• Like 12

The delicious icing on the Wednesday night cake with Alberti and Jane would be to have Ruby Royale Squirrel Band mix on.  I would love it as much as I love that Squirrel Brand mix itself! People would lose their proverbial you know what!

boom.gif

Edited by lovemesomejoolery
  • Like 6
  • Laugh 2

The Calista tsv - same tool just repackaged with a print and throw in some product?

I will say I like my Perfect or. Got it a few years ago. Use it sometimes. I wish it got hotter. My coarse hair needs more heat than its 395 degree max. 

I love my InStyler from years ago. I've hoarded a few of them. That goes to 425 I think. It got mixed reviews but works great for me. 

• Like 5

One of the Gandel empire is an ex son-in-law. Married to one of the daughters, brought on as an executive. They divorced eventually. He left the empire and then was asked back.   🤷🏻‍♀️

• Like 3
  • Surprise 2

2 minutes ago, From Where I Sit said:

One of the Gandel empire is an ex son-in-law. Married to one of the daughters, brought on as an executive. They divorced eventually. He left the empire and then was asked back.   🤷🏻‍♀️

I read an article about that.  https://www.inquirer.com/philly/business/small_business/qvc-lingerie-family-gendel-girls-michel-larocque-20180104.html  He was married to the oldest daughter who I find to be a bit scary. 

I also saw that the middle daughter's husband worked in accounting, but they divorced.  I'm not sure if he still works there, though.

• Like 1
  • Surprise 2
  • Sad 1

There are many reviews for the yet-to-be-published-and-released David's cookbook. They range from 5 to 1 star. Most of the comments, of course, are complaining about not getting the oh-so-special invitation to the very private FB page. Some have taken off 1 star for that terrible treatment, others just rate it as a 1. But, my favorite was a "review" from someone who was chastising people for leaving reviews about the email link when they should only be rating the book, which she states, no one has received. She said the lower ratings may deter people from buying the book. OK, fine - but then she gives it 5 STARS!!!!! What is wrong with that place and why are they even taking ratings???? 

• Like 2
  • Laugh 13

33 minutes ago, Retired at last said:

There are many reviews for the yet-to-be-published-and-released David's cookbook. They range from 5 to 1 star. Most of the comments, of course, are complaining about not getting the oh-so-special invitation to the very private FB page. Some have taken off 1 star for that terrible treatment, others just rate it as a 1. But, my favorite was a "review" from someone who was chastising people for leaving reviews about the email link when they should only be rating the book, which she states, no one has received. She said the lower ratings may deter people from buying the book. OK, fine - but then she gives it 5 STARS!!!!! What is wrong with that place and why are they even taking ratings???? 

The same type of mystery that brought us a whole bunch of stuff being brought on a 3-hour tour...

• Like 1
  • Laugh 5

I just had the unfortunate experience of receiving some Home Reflections towel sets from the Q.  I was shocked and amazed at how thin and flimsy these towels are.  One of the selling points in the presentation was that the cotton was dyed before they were made.  Oddly, there was only a pattern on one side.  The reverse was  plain Dollar Store quality.  They also had a very strong chemical smell.  I didn't even bother opening the cotton blanket I had also ordered.  Everything went right back in the box, and I slapped the return label on it.  Not the way I choose to spend $10.98.  I will never buy anything "Home Reflections" again.  If this is a true example of the quality of merchandise from their "exclusive" brand, QVC needs to come up with another Q word for their logo.

Edited by CalicoKitty
  • Useful 2
  • Surprise 5
  • Sad 7

25 minutes ago, CalicoKitty said:

I just had the unfortunate experience of receiving some Home Reflections towel sets from the Q.  I was shocked and amazed at how thin and flimsy these towels are.  One of the selling points in the presentation was that the cotton was dyed before they were made.  Oddly, there was only a pattern on one side.  The reverse was  plain Dollar Store quality.  The also had a very strong chemical smell.  I didn't even bother opening the cotton blanket I had also ordered.  Everything went right back in the box, and I slapped the return label on it.  Not the way I chose to spend $10.98.  I will never buy anything "Home Reflections" again.  If this is a true example of the quality of merchandise from their "exclusive" brand, QVC needs to come up with another Q word for their logo.

Thanks for that info. I have wondered about those towels and it is disappointing to hear that they are such low quality.

• Like 3
  • Useful 1

I ordered a Home Reflections storage stool (a collapsible fabric covered round gizmo for lack of a better word) and it smelled SO BAD. It made me physically ill. I aired it out outside for a week it was so bad, but I liked it and didn't want to return it. It's fine now, but I seriously don't know how the Chinese workers cope with the fumes. 

In related shopping mishaps, I ordered a few summer dresses from Amazon and they all reeked as well. Did not keep any of them. I also had the same thing with some Evine apparel.  I do have a very sensitive sniffer, but these are toxic fumes without a doubt. 

• Like 3
  • Useful 1
  • Surprise 6
  • Sad 3

If all the versions of today’s TSV have a Moscato wine base, I know they are too sweet for me.  

• Like 1
  • Useful 2

10 hours ago, sauce62 said:

I ordered a Home Reflections storage stool (a collapsible fabric covered round gizmo for lack of a better word) and it smelled SO BAD. It made me physically ill. I aired it out outside for a week it was so bad, but I liked it and didn't want to return it. It's fine now, but I seriously don't know how the Chinese workers cope with the fumes. 

In related shopping mishaps, I ordered a few summer dresses from Amazon and they all reeked as well. Did not keep any of them. I also had the same thing with some Evine apparel.  I do have a very sensitive sniffer, but these are toxic fumes without a doubt. 

Think…slow boat from China…

Many items cargo-shipped from overseas are treated or gassed with a kerosene-like chemical to keep bugs and rodents at bay. Desiccant packs prevent mold.

Edited by BenchWarmer
  • Useful 11
  • Surprise 2

7 hours ago, Thumper said:

If all the versions of today’s TSV have a Moscato wine base, I know they are too sweet for me.  

Yes, they all have a Moscato base.  And at 5% alcohol, they're going to do what wine coolers are supposed to do:  Go down like juice.

P.S. I know they're calling them "wine cocktails" but that's just a fancy, make-it-sound-more-elevated way of saying wine cooler.

Edited by letusprocrastinate
  • Like 8
  • Useful 1

2 hours ago, letusprocrastinate said:

Yes, they all have a Moscato base.  And at 5% alcohol, they're going to do what wine coolers are supposed to do:  Go down like juice.

P.S. I know they're calling them "wine cocktails" but that's just a fancy, make-it-sound-more-elevated way of saying wine cooler.

At 4% alcohol content these are at the low end of a wine cooler (4%-7%) 

I suspect this much >| |< wine, this much juice >|   |< and this much sparkling seltzer >|        |< are contained in each bottle.

All of the above = a few cents per bottle.

The fancy trendy chic aluminum bottles cost $$$$$$ to make. Without getting technical, the shape is very very difficult to manufacture  + aluminum vs glass or plastic is super expensive.

Sooo, you are paying pennies for the contents and big bucks for the packaging.

• Like 2
  • Useful 12

6 minutes ago, hummingbird said:

How many times does Pat have to open and pour that wine drink in order to sell 

The crew is going to have fun drinking all of those open cans after they're done working.

• Like 1
  • Laugh 11
  • Surprise 1

3 hours ago, hummingbird said:

How many times does Pat have to open and pour that wine drink in order to sell 

Since the hosts are getting their rocks off breaking the seals and broadcasting the whoosh of those carbonated cans, it would be terrible if a prankster shook them all, right before going on air.

snark

• Laugh 16

1 hour ago, BenchWarmer said:

Since the hosts are getting their rocks off breaking the seals and broadcasting the whoosh of those carbonated cans, it would be terrible if a prankster shook them all, right before going on air.

snark

Dump a Mentos into one of them too.

(Toss a Mentos into a 2-liter Diet Coke and you'll have a diet cola version of Old Faithful.)

• Like 1
  • Laugh 5

So tired of the constant Prive Riveaux.  Partly because I’m not a fan of Jamie Fox (has he ever appeared?) and mostly  because it is ENDLESS!  

But, I felt the same about Bare Essentuals back in the day when a certain host would go on and on and on about it and how she was BFFs with Leslie, etc.   I knew that stuff would cake up on my face!!!  click! 😁

• Like 8

I took a very long break from the Q and now that I've started watching again you guys are helping me catch up on all the horrors I've missed. Wth with this Peace Love World lady? `If you say it and believe it you become it. That's just how life is.' 

Apparently she believed she would sell cheap looking overpriced shirts.

• Like 6
  • Laugh 16

Why is so much merch on clearance price? Does this have something to do with CIJ or making room for all those ocean containers of merchandise from China that finally arrived "post pandemic"? 

• Like 2
  • Useful 2

7 hours ago, mpeeps said:

Why is so much merch on clearance price? Does this have something to do with CIJ or making room for all those ocean containers of merchandise from China that finally arrived "post pandemic"? 

Maybe people are going to real stores to shop to enjoy a maskless shopping trip or just to take advantage of going out? It will be interesting to see sales numbers for the past quarters. 

• Like 7
  • Useful 1

16 minutes ago, LeeDenny said:

Maybe people are going to real stores to shop to enjoy a maskless shopping trip or just to take advantage of going out? It will be interesting to see sales numbers for the past quarters. 

I'd say that's playing a role.  As well, given the acquisition of product woes and the need to fill time, they're probably putting stuff on air that would have never seen the light of day on TV and instead been cleared out via the website.

• Like 1
  • Useful 5

Oh, brother.....time to find a nice, long project for Saturday.

Have you heard that this coming Saturday is the kick-off to Christmas In July?  All day programming, with a few other stuff thrown in, Q is touting it as their "biggest CIJ sale ever".

• Like 2
  • Surprise 2
  • Sad 10

15 minutes ago, lovemesomejoolery said:

Have you heard that this coming Saturday is the kick-off to Christmas In July?  All day programming, with a few other stuff thrown in, Q is touting it as their "biggest CIJ sale ever".

In other words, we are clearing out all the qrap in our warehouses 

• Like 1
  • Laugh 8
  • Surprise 1

1 hour ago, lovemesomejoolery said:

According to the man himself, a good portion of tonight's Down Home with David will be devoted to CIJ previews.

• Surprise 1
  • Sad 10

Personally, in the past years I didn't mind CIJ.  This year though, for me, it just reminds me of how bad Covid was everywhere in the winter months  and that's a memory I don't want to revisit in June this year.

• Like 9
  • Useful 4
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, Friday said:

Personally, in the past years I didn't mind CIJ.  This year though, for me, it just reminds me of how bad Covid was everywhere in the winter months  and that's a memory I don't want to revisit in June this year.

Agreed.  Several hosts bring it up all the time and it really bothers me when they do.  You just know there will be lots of "we couldn't celebrate like we wanted to last year, so buy up to make this year extra special"  blah blah blah.  After they were saying last year, in November,  to "buy up because even though we can't celebrate like we were used to, you can still decorate for yourself and re-use it next year".

Like @hummingbird said, find a project like cleaning the oven or vacuuming the attic....it will be more enjoyable than seeing them bring out all the leftovers from Christmas Past out.

Edited by lovemesomejoolery
  • Like 10
  • Laugh 2

Luminara is the first CIJ TSV on Saturday. 

At least it's not exclusively a Christmas themed lantern.

Edited by JohnnyStar5
  • Like 3
  • Laugh 2

Yep 6 mos to Christmas Eve!!  The Q is in full Christmas mode going forward!

• Like 4
  • Laugh 2
  • Surprise 1
  • Sad 2