Forums forums
PRIMETIMER
SilverStormm

QVC

1 hour ago, LeeDenny said:

I bought that shirt. It was actually cute in person. But pilled after a couple of washes. That was my one and only purchase of her line. I think all her stuff is low grade rayon/spandex.

So is she.

• Like 2
  • Laugh 12

2 hours ago, ByaNose said:

I’ve never seen or knew there are some items you can’t return or exchange. Such as the Lisa Rinna top. Why is that? I’ve been watching QVC since Day 1 and I’ve never knew that was even a thing. I know things might be limited but why can’t you get your money back if you don’t like it?

I think they just have a group of old items they've decided to sell as "All sales final, no returns."  Some other online retailers and regular B&M stores do that with clearance items. I don't buy anything on those terms any more, after getting burned with shoes I didn't like from two online retailers. The sale prices were so good that I took a chance, -- but the shoes, though they were good quality, just didn't work out for me.

• Like 3
  • Useful 2

5 hours ago, ByaNose said:

I’ve never seen or knew there are some items you can’t return or exchange. Such as the Lisa Rinna top. Why is that? I’ve been watching QVC since Day 1 and I’ve never knew that was even a thing. I know things might be limited but why can’t you get your money back if you don’t like it?

I think it's because she's done at Q.

• Like 3
  • Useful 3

2 hours ago, Shaking My Head said:

I think it's because she's done at Q.

*fingers crossed*  Like every other D-list celebrity these days, she has started a beauty line. Hopefully, QVC will say no to that and just move on from her.

Again, QVC is making is harder and harder to want to do business with them. I saw an item I wanted during one of the shows yesterday. It was at a sale price (and it was an decent sale for once also) but the color choice I wanted was sold out when I went to order. Checked back in a couple times throughout the day and it didn’t reappear.

Today…the item is back to full price and shocker…the color I wanted is back in stock along with several others that were sold out. Sigh. They could have at least left the sale price in place for the weekend.

• Like 1
  • Useful 2
  • Surprise 2
  • Sad 10

8 hours ago, ByaNose said:

As @Coffeecupsaid earlier, Blowout Clearance pricing is Q's version of "final sale", and they're getting rid of old and/or very limited quantity merchandise.  The only way you can return a Blowout Clearance item is if it's defective or they mess up and send you the wrong item. 

• Like 1
  • Useful 3

On 6/18/2021 at 8:23 PM, letusprocrastinate said:

The anticipated ship date of July 17 certainly isn't helping.

I really really wanted it, but that is the exact reason why I didn’t order it.  When you add in the shipping delays with USPS, which they continue to insist on using which is beyond me, that adds 7-10 days or more so I wouldnt get it until the end of July. That is what talked me out of buying.

For those that were commenting on the price, I gotta say Isaac stuff really is great.  You cannot beat the fabric.  I have several of his tops and cardigans and they wear wonderful and still look new.  And they feel fantastic.  Granted, I will never pay $30+ for a t-shirt, but tsvs and clearance prices I definitely pick it up.  I first tried him last year I got a peplum pima shirt on clearance for $14 and I was like ok, now I get it.  lol.  Highly recommend.

• Like 10
  • Useful 3

1 hour ago, Cupcake04 said:

I really really wanted it, but that is the exact reason why I didn’t order it.  When you add in the shipping delays with USPS, which they continue to insist on using which is beyond me, that adds 7-10 days or more so I wouldnt get it until the end of July. That is what talked me out of buying.

For those that were commenting on the price, I gotta say Isaac stuff really is great.  You cannot beat the fabric.  I have several of his tops and cardigans and they wear wonderful and still look new.  And they feel fantastic.  Granted, I will never pay $30+ for a t-shirt, but tsvs and clearance prices I definitely pick it up.  I first tried him last year I got a peplum pima shirt on clearance for $14 and I was like ok, now I get it.  lol.  Highly recommend.

I agree with you on the Isaac items.  I haven't purchased much clothing from QVC, but among the few items I did have were a sweater from Isaac that I got a few years ago.  I love it as it's well made, never pills and looks as new today as it did two years ago when I bought it.  I ended up buying two more that were on sale this year!

Edited by lovemesomejoolery
  • Like 5
  • Useful 3

1 hour ago, hummingbird said:

it is odd b/c if you drill down into the palleted merch, it is often things fairly current (for the Q)  why would they take all that old stuff and palette those?

It is an absolute mystery. Overstocked maybe?  I wonder if there is less going to pallets with all the shipping delays. They need something to sell. 
I canceled my Anybody “graucho” pant jumpsuit. I was concerned about the late shipping. I’m sure it will end up as another special deal once they physically have it. I bet others have thought twice and canceled. 

• Like 3
  • Useful 4

13 hours ago, emmawoodhouse said:

I've been on Side Stich's pricing for a while. There's a shirt on LTS that's on SALE for almost $80. 

Their prices are totally out of line. I got a tencel maxi skirt with snaps down the front for $70 at Macy's. Q would charge $150.

Edited by Shaking My Head · Reason: Spelling
  • Like 4
  • Surprise 2

Why do the hosts and vendors keep saying "you could wear this as a swimsuit cover-up" for darn near every clothing item? 🙄

Do they think everyone is Kerstin now? 😂

• Like 1
  • Laugh 10

2 hours ago, Cupcake04 said:

Stein Mart just went online and IM is there. The prices are ridiculously high. And no fabric content for this.

Screenshot_2021-06-20-11-16-27.png

• Like 2
  • Surprise 6

4 minutes ago, MisterShrug said:

Why do the hosts and vendors keep saying "you could wear this as a swimsuit cover-up" for darn near every clothing item? 🙄

Do they think everyone is Kerstin now? 😂

After the past year as things are getting back to normal, we will be spending more time with friends and family while the weather heats up, so we all need to be wearing swimwear 24/7 while still being able to run errands on our way to spending time with our loved ones. That's why.

Edited by LeeDenny
  • Laugh 12

Seems they especially love to recommend the swimwear cover up when the price tag is $75 or more. 🤔

Last night one of the hosts talked about inflation. I recently bought a pair of Susan Graver pants that I like, but I keep thinking I can’t believe I paid about $70 for this. 😳

• Like 4
  • Surprise 2
  • Sad 1

If they are charging this price for a pair of pants, is it too much to ask that they not wad up the clothing and shove it in a bag causing it to wrinkle a lot? Seems with linen, they’d at least try to package it a little better.

• Like 9

2 hours ago, Shaking My Head said:

Stein Mart just went online and IM is there. The prices are ridiculously high. And no fabric content for this.

Screenshot_2021-06-20-11-16-27.png

Very cute dress, but no way would I pay $78 for it!  I would pay in the $30-$40 range if I needed a dress.  

• Like 6

5 hours ago, CaffeinatedAunt79 said:

*fingers crossed*  Like every other D-list celebrity these days, she has started a beauty line. Hopefully, QVC will say no to that and just move on from her.

Again, QVC is making is harder and harder to want to do business with them. I saw an item I wanted during one of the shows yesterday. It was at a sale price (and it was an decent sale for once also) but the color choice I wanted was sold out when I went to order. Checked back in a couple times throughout the day and it didn’t reappear.

Today…the item is back to full price and shocker…the color I wanted is back in stock along with several others that were sold out. Sigh. They could have at least left the sale price in place for the weekend.

I'm guessing that she was dropped because of her behavior and certain comments she made. 

• Like 5

7 hours ago, CaffeinatedAunt79 said:

They jack around with pricing and availability to keep the lemmings in line. 

The Q has trained their customers to “tap the app” RIGHT NOW or be punished an hour/day/week later with full pricing + S&H. 

• Laugh 3

5 hours ago, Neiman said:

If they are charging this price for a pair of pants, is it too much to ask that they not wad up the clothing and shove it in a bag causing it to wrinkle a lot? Seems with linen, they’d at least try to package it a little better.

At that price they are not pants…they are trousers…designed by the number one designer of trousers who trained at the number one trouser factory selling only to number one customers.

Sounds to me like a big pile of number two.

This morning SG suggested her linen items are perfect for country club luncheons.   snicker

Yesterday at WMT I spied linen looking wide-leg loosey-goosey pants with the same type of stripe as the TSV. Don’t know the fabric content but for $16 they’re good for a six month trend, then as a dust cloth.

Edited by BenchWarmer
  • Like 7
  • Laugh 1

I think it was a show with Courtney yesterday when I heard the phrase "transitional clothes" used.  As in transition to fall.  Yowza.

• Like 2
  • Surprise 3

3 minutes ago, Thumper said:

I think it was a show with Courtney yesterday when I heard the phrase "transitional clothes" used.  As in transition to fall.  Yowza.

Yup.

This weekend I heard IM, Graver and Gravel talk about it.

IM apologized. Graver steamrolled. Gravel batted her baby blues.

All said we have to start buying with changing seasons in mind.

They’ve been pushing resort wear since the day after Christmas. So yeah, I guess it’s that time of year.

• Like 3

Man, I’m already depressed that daylight  will start decreasing after today ... 😩.

Maybe Q will have  some good sales.  Yeah, right! 😂😂😂😂😂

• Like 1
  • Laugh 2

29 minutes ago, Thumper said:

Given the state of affairs at Q these days, if you buy some of those "transitional clothes" in the next couple weeks they very well may show up on your doorstep close to the start of meteorological fall, which is September 1.

Edited by letusprocrastinate
  • Like 10

I’m pleased that this weekend has been an “all fashion” weekend with a shoe and clothing TSV each day!!!!!   So unlike the  mattresselectronics TSVs usually offered on weekends — which I do not watch.

Someone else coined the run-on “mattresselectronics” plus something else phrasing — thank you! 😂

• Like 4
  • Laugh 5

13 minutes ago, emmawoodhouse said:

Gotta get vacuums in there somewhere! 😁

I think that was it!  @hummingbird, maybe?  “Mattresselectronicsvacuums?”  😂😂😂

• Laugh 7

7 minutes ago, hummingbird said:

Thanks @Thumper I think it was mattressvacuumcomputer 

notice diva wasn’t on to turn the screws this weekend!

Yes!  I giggled over that one — thank you!  😂😂😂

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Thumper said:

Man, I’m already depressed that daylight  will start decreasing after today ... 😩.

I was thinking that same thing yesterday. Although it has felt like August here for the past couple of weeks.

• Like 4

Looking at the long-range program guide, it appears that starting the week of July 4 QVC2 is going to have 13 hours of live programming, from 11 a.m. until midnight eastern, at least 5 days a week (not sure about Mondays and Fridays; if they are, the late evening hours will be vendor-hosted).  Besides the now-established vendor-hosted shows, plenty of veteran hosts will be spending some time on Q2 in addition to the newbies getting hours in.

Before they made Q2 all-reruns last year it was running live 12 hours a day, noon to midnight on weekdays and 10-10 on weekends. 

• Useful 4
  • Surprise 3

1 hour ago, letusprocrastinate said:

Looking at the long-range program guide, it appears that starting the week of July 4 QVC2 is going to have 13 hours of live programming, from 11 a.m. until midnight eastern, at least 5 days a week (not sure about Mondays and Fridays; if they are, the late evening hours will be vendor-hosted).  Besides the now-established vendor-hosted shows, plenty of veteran hosts will be spending some time on Q2 in addition to the newbies getting hours in.

Before they made Q2 all-reruns last year it was running live 12 hours a day, noon to midnight on weekdays and 10-10 on weekends. 

Hmmm.

Betcha pink-slipped former Q2 (second-stringer) hosts are steaming.

Engineered (or not) the Q2 live programming pause was an efficient way to shovel out the barn.

• Like 7
  • Sad 2

Let us pray…

Bandeau bras for common folk?

Really?

Rail thin vendors, models and the midnight host make the TSV look faboo…not one droop, tug or nip slip.

As for me…there’d be serious rug burns and sidewalk skid marks from the dragging*

* I want to see one of the new models (specifically one with ham sized knees) waltzing around with a bandeau holding up twin Mt Rushmores.

Edited by BenchWarmer
  • Laugh 18

The old timers won't depart easily.

Yesterday there was righteous outrage over Alberti presenting bras.

"They've become too liberal!"

Chaos ensued, discussion closed.

• Laugh 15

5 hours ago, BenchWarmer said:

Let us pray…

Bandeau bras for common folk?

Really?

Rail thin vendors, models and the midnight host make the TSV look faboo…not one droop, tug or nip slip.

As for me…there’d be serious rug burns and sidewalk skid marks from the dragging*

* I want to see one of the new models (specifically one with ham sized knees) waltzing around with a bandeau holding up twin Mt Rushmores.

The Breezies TSV looks a whole lot like a Rhonda Shear Today's Special from a few weeks ago that has terrible reviews.  As of this typing, the 150 1-star reviews outnumber the 2-5 star reviews combined, there are as many 2-star reviews as there are 5-star (53 each), and 3 and 4 stars sit at 23 and 14 respectively.

https://www.hsn.com/products/rhonda-shear-2-pack-anti-microbial-seamless-underwire-b/9879668#

Edited by letusprocrastinate
  • Useful 2

All the Breezie bras look very thick to me. Not in a padded sense, but like the fabric is thick. I think there are more modern, lightweight fabrics they could be using. 

• Like 4

18 minutes ago, letusprocrastinate said:

The Breezies TSV looks a whole lot like a Rhonda Shear Today's Special from a few weeks ago that has terrible reviews.  As of this typing, the 150 1-star reviews outnumber the 2-5 star reviews combined, there are as many 2-star reviews as there are 5-star (53 each), and 3 and 4 stars sit at 23 and 14 respectively.

https://www.hsn.com/products/rhonda-shear-2-pack-anti-microbial-seamless-underwire-b/9879668#

Took a peek. Looks the same. Spiel sounds the same with different labels.

Since both channels fly under the same corporate flag…it wouldn’t surprise me if certain categories of merch all come out of the same vat. 

• Like 4
  • Useful 1

58 minutes ago, Shaking My Head said:

I bought one of these, could be Rhonda. It definitely doesn't lift. I'm 38C.

Yeah, but, have you had your girls tightened, reduced, enlarged, lifted, stargazed and remodeled to resemble Momma Breezies & her clones?

No?

Oh. 

That’s probably why it won’t work for you.

• Like 3
  • Laugh 10

Things must be getting a bit male squirmy today at the Q with all the throwing around of words like “panties” “moist” “wetness.” Those Breezies Bs are such a hoot.

One of the daughters appears to be off-site, out of bitch slap range. She’s been mimicking and trashing “Momager” Kathy since midnight. In this case distance seems to make the heart air dirty laundry.

Is there trouble in UltimAir paradise? Did they take away her allowance and lock her out of the hive? Or is she making up for lost teenage rebellion time?

• Laugh 12

7 minutes ago, BenchWarmer said:

Things must be getting a bit male squirmy today at the Q with all the throwing around of words like “panties” “moist” “wetness.” Those Breezies Bs are such a hoot.

One of the daughters appears to be off-site, out of bitch slap range. She’s been mimicking and trashing “Momager” Kathy since midnight. In this case distance seems to make the heart air dirty laundry.

Is there trouble in UltimAir paradise? Did they take away her allowance and lock her out of the hive? Or is she making up for lost teenage rebellion time?

I love that expression! "Out of bitch slap range" should be the new "social distancing."

• Like 2
  • Laugh 12

What’s she saying about Momma Breezies?!!!  Please tell us!

I can’t take a whole day of those women.

• Like 6
  • Laugh 3

1 hour ago, Thumper said:

What’s she saying about Momma Breezies?!!!  Please tell us!

I can’t take a whole day of those women.

The one built like a wasp with giant boobs…keeps saying (in a mimicking voice) “Momager” has constantly criticized her since her college days saying things like, ‘you really think you look good like that?’…and “Momager” never hesitates to trash anyone she finds visually unappealing…to their face.

Kathy agreed she is very critical of those who don’t conform to her sense of style.

As an aside, a number of years ago someone told me those “ladies” are more like longshoremen than ladies who lunch.

• Like 1
  • Laugh 4
  • Surprise 7

I felt the urge to post this video here again to refresh anyone's memory of what we're dealing with when the Breezies family is on one of their Q marathons.

• Like 6
  • Useful 1

37 minutes ago, Shaking My Head said:

Please tell me who buys this LG crap. Horrendous, to say the least.

I have and still do on occasion!    😁  It’s not all horrendous.   I don’t layer them the way she does, but over the years I have purchased some of her items, mostly single-color tunics to wear by themselves or under another long cardigan-type topper.  

Don’t throw tomatoes, but I just ordered tonight’s boyfriend jeans with the contrast cuffs.  They are way too much money, but I think they are cute.  My fear is that if they fit my waist, they’ll be way too baggy in the legs.  

• Like 8

1 minute ago, Thumper said:

I have and still do on occasion!    😁  It’s not all horrendous.   I don’t layer them the way she does, but over the years I have purchased some of her items, mostly single-color tunics to wear by themselves or under another long cardigan-type topper.  

Don’t throw tomatoes, but I just ordered tonight’s boyfriend jeans with the contrast cuffs.  They are way too much money, but I think they are cute.  My fear is that if they fit my waist, they’ll be way too baggy in the legs.  

I should've been more specific. I meant the horrible prints that she sells. I've bought maybe two of her tops, both solid colors, and still have them. So there's that, but I can never picture someone in a grocery store wearing what LG had on for most of the show.

• Like 5

Seems to me that QVC is heading towards more expensive brands.  This “Style List by Michaela” and “AB by Addison Bay” are two I have noticed.

• Like 3
  • Sad 2

19 minutes ago, mpeeps said:

I felt the urge to post this video here again to refresh anyone's memory of what we're dealing with when the Breezies family is on one of their Q marathons.

I rest my case…

• Like 1
  • Laugh 3

47 minutes ago, BenchWarmer said:

The one built like a wasp with giant boobs…keeps saying (in a mimicking voice) “Momager” has constantly criticized her since her college days saying things like, ‘you really think you look good like that?’…and “Momager” never hesitates to trash anyone she finds visually unappealing…to their face.

Kathy agreed she is very critical of those who don’t conform to her sense of style.

As an aside, a number of years ago someone told me those “ladies” are more like longshoremen than ladies who lunch.

Then Kathy must hate working with Caro, who has no sense of style! 

• Laugh 6
  • Sad 1