Forums forums
PRIMETIMER
SilverStormm

QVC

4 minutes ago, Shaking My Head said:

Figures.

Well, now the trays and stools are available. Buyers remorse ?

• Laugh 12

9 hours ago, From Where I Sit said:

We had a TV tray table set also. I think we picked them up at the S&H Green Stamp redemption center.

Was it white with green and black swirly flowers?

• Laugh 1

We had a metal TV tray set like this. The design on ours was different - more of a floral - but I remember the stand being exactly like this. And the trays had scalloped edges like these.

1994211792_MetalTVTrays.jpg.a88904b778bc094965982153a78892ad.jpg

• Like 9

1 hour ago, LeeDenny said:

Was it white with green and black swirly flowers?

Back in the day almost everyone had a black or white set of them prominently displayed in a living room corner. The swirly flower decals on them afforded even the most modest income family a piece of art to be admired.

TV was in its fascinating infancy. TV dinners made the tables practical. Each justified the other during the evening news. Family dinners moved from kitchen to living room. Kids no longer had to sit through daily morality lectures. Junk food began making people fat and lethargic. Drugs, sex and rock n roll invaded while Mom and Dad were sitting in front of the tube. The rest is history...

And that is my theory of how TV tables were the root cause of the decline of Western Civilization.

*feel free to disagree

• Like 4
  • Laugh 15
  • Sad 1

4 hours ago, hummingbird said:

nothing says holiday weekend like another mattress TSVzzzzzzzzz

...and each iteration of mattress becomes pricier, flimsier and more quickly obsolete than the one before. Foam begins breaking down as soon as the plastic shipping bag is opened.

Today’s TSV is shockingly expensive...and lacks a box spring. Featherweight reps and hosts edge sitting look like they are perched on a deflating marshmallow. Eeeek and OMG as I roll off onto the floor.

Ad nauseum Serta offerings in the past were a real mattress and real box spring with a substantial warranty. Today’s TSV has a 30 day “love it or return it” policy...a big investment for an iffy purchase.

• Like 6
  • Sad 2

Forgot about the stand having wheels, on some of the models.

Big night fun was when Mom and Dad had to go out for the evening and we kids had a Swanson’s TV dinner on a TV table in front of the TV. Followed by the ceremonial Jiffy Pop popcorn finale!

😊

Edited by From Where I Sit
  • Like 21

I think they should bundle a TSV with;

- TV table set

- Swanson’s vintage TV dinner and Jiffy Pop popcorn (on auto delivery)

- And throw in a snack size Frito’s Corn Chip with a ‘Frito Bandito’ pencil eraser head

769221D6-6D01-43AD-9FA5-DC75D371972E.jpeg.e8b00d86a071a53c87fc491d67aa514b.jpeg

Edited by From Where I Sit
  • Like 3
  • Laugh 12

3 hours ago, BenchWarmer said:

Back in the day almost everyone had a black or white set of them prominently displayed in a living room corner. The swirly flower decals on them afforded even the most modest income family a piece of art to be admired.

TV was in its fascinating infancy. TV dinners made the tables practical. Each justified the other during the evening news. Family dinners moved from kitchen to living room. Kids no longer had to sit through daily morality lectures. Junk food began making people fat and lethargic. Drugs, sex and rock n roll invaded while Mom and Dad were sitting in front of the tube. The rest is history...

And that is my theory of how TV tables were the root cause of the decline of Western Civilization.

*feel free to disagree

We never had TV trays , so what’s my excuse ?

• Laugh 7

30 minutes ago, From Where I Sit said:

Forgot about the stand having wheels, on some of the models.

Big night fun was when Mom and Dad had to go out for the evening and we kids had a Swanson’s TV dinner on a TV table in front of the TV. Followed by the ceremonial Jiffy Pop popcorn finale!

😊

Ah yes, Swanson’s! The fried chicken dinner was my favorite and I couldn’t wait to eat the little brownie cake thing in the middle compartment for dessert!

• Like 13
  • Laugh 2

The family TV trays are rectangular, brown and gold.  Still going strong since at least the Ford Administration.

Can testify they're really handy when you're unwell and your primary place of residence is the living room couch.

Edit to add that they also can work rather well as laptop desks.

Edited by letusprocrastinate
  • Like 8

2 hours ago, Booney said:

Ah yes, Swanson’s! The fried chicken dinner was my favorite and I couldn’t wait to eat the little brownie cake thing in the middle compartment for dessert!

Still exists, just under the name Hungry Man instead of Swanson's.

• Like 2
  • Useful 5

We never got TV dinners or Jiffy Pop and I always wanted it!  Sometimes when I babysat, I’d get to try a TV dinner.  Both of those products seemed very “rich people” to me!  😁.  

• Like 3
  • Laugh 8

5 hours ago, From Where I Sit said:

I think they should bundle a TSV with;

- TV table set

- Swanson’s vintage TV dinner and Jiffy Pop popcorn (on auto delivery)

- And throw in a snack size Frito’s Corn Chip with a ‘Frito Bandito’ pencil eraser head

769221D6-6D01-43AD-9FA5-DC75D371972E.jpeg.e8b00d86a071a53c87fc491d67aa514b.jpeg

Oh my God!  You're taking me back to my childhood - I lost it when I saw that erasure!  I had several of them and still have one around in my desk somewhere.

When my parents had TV dinners, they got me one that was a themed Safari or Ocean theme.......I think they were made by Libby's.  They had chocolate pudding in them, and of course the whole thing baked in the oven for an eternity, so that pudding would come out like molten lava.  Being a kid, you'd naturally go for that first, and learned the hard way why it was good to let it sit and cool!

Just looked them up -

image.png.4b88425265a8122433511f0497ea69aa.png

image.png.b34b6a47b2d59fd0f7b1eec21dd4eb61.png

• Like 15

The TS capris will allegedly ship June 15. Combine that with the slow shipping summer will be half over by the time they arrive...if they arrive. 

• Like 2
  • Useful 1
  • Laugh 2
  • Sad 4

11 hours ago, letusprocrastinate said:

The family TV trays are rectangular, brown and gold.  Still going strong since at least the Ford Administration.

Can testify they're really handy when you're unwell and your primary place of residence is the living room couch.

Edit to add that they also can work rather well as laptop desks.

Agree about how handy they are. I keep one near the sofa. Use it for all sorts of stuff -- spot for the TV remote, snacks, taking notes while on the phone, put incoming mail on it for sorting, do my manicure while watching TV, etc. You can prop a large book on the table, on a reading stand or one of those four-sided laptop pillows. Yes, they're great when you're ill. Keep your bottles of meds, glass of water, and reading material on it. You can even carry the lightweight little table into the bathroom, if necessary.

• Like 6
  • Useful 1

6 hours ago, Coffeecup said:

Agree about how handy they are. I keep one near the sofa. Use it for all sorts of stuff -- spot for the TV remote, snacks, taking notes while on the phone, put incoming mail on it for sorting, do my manicure while watching TV, etc. You can prop a large book on the table, on a reading stand or one of those four-sided laptop pillows. Yes, they're great when you're ill. Keep your bottles of meds, glass of water, and reading material on it. You can even carry the lightweight little table into the bathroom, if necessary.

Never thought of using one in the bathroom.  But then I thought some more and realized when I lived in places with pedestal sinks and limited built-in storage space one would have been quite useful.  Not to mention the illness issue; that way you're not putting stuff on the floor.

• Like 2
  • Useful 2

1 hour ago, Bronx Babe said:

Donkey pillows and wall art.

Just what I need.

Of course you need them! Now, to complete your collection, you can go over to HSN and buy some Korres Donkey Milk Miracle Serum for Face and Body.

misc pics animals donkey eating carrot.jpg

Edited by Coffeecup
  • Laugh 7

I think there must be a huge problem with distribution and shipping at the Q. Several of you have had issues and selling capris that will ship on June 15 is just embarrassing. I ordered the TSV sheets last week as I have purchased NN sheets in the past and the quality was very good. Four days after I ordered, the order had not even been queued for processing and shipment. I canceled the order and decided that I won't be ordering anything from the Q anytime soon. 

• Like 7
  • Useful 4
  • Sad 1

18 minutes ago, potatochips said:

I think there must be a huge problem with distribution and shipping at the Q. Several of you have had issues and selling capris that will ship on June 15 is just embarrassing. I ordered the TSV sheets last week as I have purchased NN sheets in the past and the quality was very good. Four days after I ordered, the order had not even been queued for processing and shipment. I canceled the order and decided that I won't be ordering anything from the Q anytime soon. 

I agree. I ordered the TSV back in April and they canceled it to not enough stock a few days ago. 

• Like 1
  • Surprise 7

I was just notified that my waitlist order for a lock n lock item cannot be fulfilled.  This is the second item in a week that will not be coming due to lack of stock.

• Surprise 10
  • Sad 2

Wow, this is the most minimalist set I've seen on Skype from an OAP's home. Sofas, mirror, but otherwise empty.

misc pics QVC fashion Tolani minimalist set 5-29-21.jpg

misc pics QVC fashion Tolani minimalist set shirt 2 5-29-21.jpg

• Surprise 8

7 hours ago, CalicoKitty said:

I was just notified that my waitlist order for a lock n lock item cannot be fulfilled.  This is the second item in a week that will not be coming due to lack of stock.

So no lock n stock?

• Like 1
  • Laugh 14

3 hours ago, Coffeecup said:

Wow, this is the most minimalist set I've seen on Skype from an OAP's home. Sofas, mirror, but otherwise empty.

misc pics QVC fashion Tolani minimalist set 5-29-21.jpg

misc pics QVC fashion Tolani minimalist set shirt 2 5-29-21.jpg

Zen chic. Namaste

• Laugh 4
  • Surprise 1

10 hours ago, CalicoKitty said:

Not surprised. 

They are booking sales numbers and ‘futures’ on the prospect that unreceived merch will be timely and in full quantity.

Years ago Kathy Levine said the Q routinely oversells “sellouts” at 110% (factoring in returns, cancellations, overproduction, etc)

Wouldn't be shocked to learn the Q is heading toward zero inventory with vendors dropshipping directly to the customer. Many of my recent orders have been received this way.

• Like 8
  • Useful 3

Memorial Day thanks, prayers and respect to all military and front line workers - and their families - who have sacrificed and given so much to keep us safe and free 🇺🇸

3 hours ago, Captain Bob said:

So no lock n stock?

Lock stock in barrel

• Like 7

11 minutes ago, BenchWarmer said:

Wouldn't be shocked to learn the Q is heading toward zero inventory with vendors dropshipping directly to the customer. Many of my recent orders have been received this way.

Isn't this what Zulilly does? They only take orders in advance and then when the pallet comes in, you get your shipment - sometimes months from when you ordered it.

• Useful 5

Zulily at least tells you up front what to expect. 

They know they don't warehouse most inventory and make that clear.

QVC shouldn't sell anything that isn't in a warehouse or isn't shipping to the customer directly from the vendor.

• Like 10

22 minutes ago, JohnnyStar5 said:

Zulily at least tells you up front what to expect. 

They know they don't warehouse most inventory and make that clear.

QVC shouldn't sell anything that isn't in a warehouse or isn't shipping to the customer directly from the vendor.

Isn’t Zulily owned by QVC?

23 minutes ago, BenchWarmer said:

Isn’t Zulily owned by QVC?

Owned by Qurate, which also owns QVC, HSN, Ballard Designs, Frontgate, Garnet Hill, and Grandin Road.

• Useful 5

I placed an order with Talbots two Fridays ago and just got it yesterday, delivered by USPS on a Sunday, which was a little shocking.  It didn't ship out for almost 8 days and then it took USPS another 7 to 8 days to deliver it from Massachusetts.  Talbots hasn't always had the fastest shipping, but they've been better than 16 days. 

Edited by lovemesomejoolery
  • Like 3
  • Laugh 1
  • Sad 1

Could someone Please give me the number for the blanket that weighs down but doesn't add warmth?

Edited by One Tough Cookie

Did LOGO have a two hour show today?  I wasn’t expecting any fashion tonight, so didn’t turn on the TV until reading someone’s comment here in another thread.

12 minutes ago, Thumper said:

Did LOGO have a two hour show today?  I wasn’t expecting any fashion tonight, so didn’t turn on the TV until reading someone’s comment here in another thread.

Logo is two hours every Monday now. It changed maybe a month ago?

• Useful 1

That navy D&B florentine leather satchel is a gorgeous color.

• Like 3

I enjoy Rick, but I’m underwhelmed by the big 35th birthday kickoff. 

So far, the best parts have been the throwback photos and Alberti singing “Happy Birthday.”

• Like 4
  • Laugh 1

I’d rather see the OAPs on Zoom or Skype than have them in the studio, but sometimes I get distracted by the background. I found myself tuning out the air/heat OAP and staring at her photo of the horse on the wall.

E100D346-910D-46D7-BA08-43DB854C0FA6.jpeg

• Like 2
  • Laugh 12
  • Surprise 2

6 hours ago, One Tough Cookie said:

Could someone Please give me the number for the blanket that weighs down but doesn't add warmth?

I didn't see anything like that when I looked at items shown on Monday.

14 hours ago, One Tough Cookie said:

Here is one option from the Q's website...there are more:

H226962

Washable Weighted Blanket by Clean and Calm

• Like 1

1 hour ago, artisto said:

Here is one option from the Q's website...there are more:

H226962

Washable Weighted Blanket by Clean and Calm

Thank you!

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Shaking My Head said:

What would be the price on these if they were Side Stitch?

Screenshot_20210601-235624_Facebook.jpg

70 clams?

• Like 1

I received a phone call this morning from QVC.  The message was something about a shipment delay on an order, I think.  "This is QVC.  Your order will be delayed.....This is QVC.  Your order will be delayed.......This is QVC etc over and over.  I still have no idea what package or when it will arrive.  I did not get an email, just this strange call.  Then, the call would not stop.  I couldn't hang up, it just kept repeating.  I had to turn my whole phone off and restart it to get the message to stop.

Also, has anyone noticed how many "picture coming" notices there for product?  They have had the presentation, but the can't get a picture on the site.  This is happening more and more often.  Strange.

QVC is not the same quality company it once was, and it is going downhill rapidly, both in product quality and host quality.

I hope I get whatever it is I ordered.  But, who knows?

• Like 7
  • Surprise 2
  • Sad 5

44 minutes ago, CalicoKitty said:

Also, has anyone noticed how many "picture coming" notices there for product?  They have had the presentation, but the can't get a picture on the site.  This is happening more and more often.  Strange.

Yes, I’ve noticed that.

Regarding the phone call, that’s very odd.

• Like 7