Forums forums
PRIMETIMER
SilverStormm

QVC

Mr Mawma’s Boy must have been horrified that I-bathe-and-wash-my-hair-once-a-week skunk roots Killinger was the product kick-off chosen one. She seriously needs to have her tires rotated at a total salon day.

• Like 1
  • Laugh 9

3 hours ago, JohnnyStar5 said:

How appropriate.  Mr. "I'm a Mawma's Boy" all day today!  I assume they planned it that way.

Oh yea.... How many times will he "momm" today?  Lets start a drinking game.

4 hours ago, Day2Day said:

Sorry, but Dennis looks like a relic from an old Miami Vice episode. Perhaps Sonny's older brother !!

Oh, SO TRUE.  And he promotes clean beauty but is tatted all over, dyes his hair and tans.  I guess al that crap does not count.

• Like 7

2 hours ago, JT57 said:

Oh, SO TRUE.  And he promotes clean beauty but is tatted all over, dyes his hair and tans.  I guess al that crap does not count.

That’s because it’s clean tatting and clean fake tanning.

• Laugh 6

6 hours ago, JT57 said:

Oh yea.... How many times will he "momm" today?  Lets start a drinking game.

Well, he tells us his crap is cleaner than their crap. I’m guessing his doesn’t smell either.

I DO smell something fishy when I see stick-straight ‘befores’ and obviously jumbo rollered, teased, coifed and cemented ‘afters’ with the claim a few magical spritzes instantly created the results.

Didn’t this guy sell his original brand for a bazillion bucks? I know he loves his mom...couldn’t he have quietly and privately created solutions to her problem? Did he go broke? Is he a media ho? It sounds like he’s selling duplicates of his original stuff and the stuff others hawk. There’s nothing new here.

• Like 4
  • Laugh 1

7 minutes ago, BenchWarmer said:

Well, he tells us his crap is cleaner than their crap. I’m guessing his doesn’t smell either.

I DO smell something fishy when I see stick-straight ‘befores’ and obviously jumbo rollered, teased, coifed and cemented ‘afters’ with the claim a few magical spritzes instantly created the results.

Didn’t this guy sell his original brand for a bazillion bucks? I know he loves his mom...couldn’t he have quietly and privately created solutions to her problem? Did he go broke? Is he a media ho? It sounds like he’s selling duplicates of his original stuff and the stuff others hawk. There’s nothing new here.

Yes, it's painfully obvious that his "after" pictures are carefully styled hair. Once in a while QVC has captions saying "after, with styled hair," something like that, but not on his products. Pre-pandemic, they usually showed him styling the models' hair. Even last night, they showed an old clip of that, and the caption said it had been recorded earlier. (Like, over a year ago.) 

What QVC does with before-and-afters that irritates me is showing the model with zero makeup in the before, and lots of eye makeup and lipstick in the after, regardless of whether the product being sold was eye makeup or lipstick. For example, they'll be selling foundation, and play tricks by adding eye makeup. Well, of course the models look better made up! It's pretty deceptive.

• Like 7

I’m confused. Is Jen Coffee the greasy stringy before or greasy stringy after? Why isn’t her hair shiny, fluffy and three feet wide?

Edited by BenchWarmer · Reason: Um
  • Laugh 9

20 minutes ago, JohnnyStar5 said:

Are they made out of recycled plastic bottles?

Allegedly. Plastics can infinitely be melted down and recycled into thread, theoretically making every resulting knit garment “liquid knit.” Sorry, Susie Q.

Walmart employees wear vests made out of recycled water bottles (the back states the number used)

The bottling industry has been using an ECO friendly plastic that breaks down over time, but is now switching to recycled bottle plastics which keeps the material in a constant loop.

Edited by BenchWarmer · Reason: I’m a packaging engineer
  • Like 3
  • Useful 3

33 minutes ago, JohnnyStar5 said:

Are they made out of recycled plastic bottles?

The bonus video says they are made of "sustainable properties". Is that the new term for plastics?

20210510_073931.thumb.jpg.a24df7ef757fafe2b138fceecad60d5b.jpg

• Like 3

2 hours ago, BenchWarmer said:

Allegedly. Plastics can infinitely be melted down and recycled into thread, theoretically making every resulting knit garment “liquid knit.” Sorry, Susie Q.

Walmart employees wear vests made out of recycled water bottles (the back states the number used)

The bottling industry has been using an ECO friendly plastic that breaks down over time, but is now switching to recycled bottle plastics which keeps the material in a constant loop.

Do they actually get recycled now? My understanding is recycling is very hit or miss. 

• Useful 2

9 minutes ago, LeeDenny said:

Do they actually get recycled now? My understanding is recycling is very hit or miss. 

True on both counts.

Industry is reacting to environmental concerns and, most specifically, the newly aware save-the-planet consumer who is no longer brand loyal.

Many people do not realize our clothing and carpeting (and almost everything else we use) are all made out of the same thing...varying life cycles of plastic.

Susie Q’s stuff resists all human abuse because it’s plastic which refuses to die. Consumers are beginning to move toward natural fibers... Not great news for Susie and her super elevated plastic bags.

• Like 2
  • Laugh 2

4 hours ago, mpeeps said:

The bonus video says they are made of "sustainable properties". Is that the new term for plastics?

20210510_073931.thumb.jpg.a24df7ef757fafe2b138fceecad60d5b.jpg

Yes. It’s the new term for recycled and/or easily renewable materials (wood, linen, bamboo, etc) Expect to see other new marketing descriptives invented as we roll along.

This may be TMI technical stuff, but...

In product packaging and marketing there is a term, “sensation transference,” which is really about looking at a product and its hype, and forming feelings and opinions about what’s inside and how it’s going to perform.

In the instance of marketing these leggings, the consumer is reassured they are of superior enlightenment in purchasing a product that is ECO friendly and not harming the planet 

Edited by BenchWarmer
  • Like 2

11 minutes ago, hummingbird said:

what about the consumer/me who smells BS

Yup. You of superior enlightenment forming opinions...

• Laugh 4

Just now, BenchWarmer said:

Any word re the status and return of Dan Hughes?

Back on Q on Thursday at 7 a.m. eastern, after being cleared to work again following his heart attack.

• Like 5

31 minutes ago, letusprocrastinate said:

Back on Q on Thursday at 7 a.m. eastern, after being cleared to work again following his heart attack.

Thanks! Happy he’s on the mend.

• Like 3

Here's a dress made of water bottles. (Jenny Chen is a 17 year old designer.) Move over LOGO Lori. Jenny's dress goes with lots of stuff, too, and is waterproof. 

f78ad05d3e0c16be7c9a2dbf88363c74.jpg

• Like 5
  • Laugh 7

8 hours ago, letusprocrastinate said:

Um, I totally missed that. When in the heck did that happen? They are so light on male host that I didn’t even realize he was gone. 

3 minutes ago, ByaNose said:

Um, I totally missed that. When in the heck did that happen? They are so light on male host that I didn’t even realize he was gone. 

I think Dan said February? 

10 hours ago, ByaNose said:

February 12, if I recall.  He was doing a show on Q2 when it abruptly ended and they switched to taped programming. 

• Surprise 1
  • Sad 2

“Sustainable” is the new “elevated”  Expect to be beaten into a stupor with the new buzz word. Yesterday Zuda opened the door to our consciousness...is that sitar music playing off in the distance? In reality, much of Q’s qrap has used recycled materials all along

Good ole’ fuddy Dr Scholl’s has officially jumped on the recycled save-the-planet sustainable bandwagon by tagging its products as such. Grab your *hotdog kids, the parade is about to begin

*watch and listen...somehow someway food shows will work sustainable into their product offerings. “I literally have chills”

Edited by BenchWarmer
  • Like 1
  • Laugh 5
  • Sad 1

40 minutes ago, BenchWarmer said:

“Sustainable” is the new “elevated”  Expect to be beaten into a stupor with the new buzz word. Yesterday Zuda opened the door to our consciousness...is that sitar music playing off in the distance? In reality, much of Q’s qrap has used recycled materials all along

Good ole’ fuddy Dr Scholl’s has officially jumped on the recycled save-the-planet sustainable bandwagon by tagging its products as such. Grab your *hotdog kids, the parade is about to begin

*watch and listen...somehow someway food shows will work sustainable into their product offerings. “I literally have chills”

Re: food shows.  They already have, most of the references being made during presentations of fish products; sustainably raised, sustainably caught, etc.

• Surprise 2
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, hummingbird said:

tjx?set=DisplayName%5Be8%5D,prd%5B100065tj maxx $25

a382743_012.102?$aempdlarge$qvc $50

Add the cost of superglue to keep them together longer than one season.

• Like 1
  • Laugh 4

Another garden decor atrocity from Q. Aren't you just dying to have one? Run to the phones, and be sure to close out your cart before somebody steals it from you!

M71159 Exhart Hand Painted Yoga Animals w/ Solar Crackle Glass Globes

misc pics QVC garden yoga frog 1 5-14-21.jpg

misc pics QVC garden yoga frog 2 5-14-21.jpg

• Laugh 6

1 hour ago, Coffeecup said:

Another garden decor atrocity from Q. Aren't you just dying to have one? Run to the phones, and be sure to close out your cart before somebody steals it from you!

M71159 Exhart Hand Painted Yoga Animals w/ Solar Crackle Glass Globes

misc pics QVC garden yoga frog 1 5-14-21.jpg

misc pics QVC garden yoga frog 2 5-14-21.jpg

This is an instance where the shipping carton has more aesthetic value than the item inside. Definitely gifty. 

• Laugh 4

Feminists must really be upset with QVC selling assorted ladies:

On 5/12/2021 at 5:50 PM, hummingbird said:

image_png1529768545.png?v=1620838588

• Laugh 6
  • Surprise 1

3 minutes ago, artisto said:

Feminists must really be upset with QVC selling assorted ladies:

Perhaps, but the diversity proponents will be pleased.

• Useful 1
  • Laugh 4

4 hours ago, hummingbird said:

those are beyond kitsch, 

Why is Gloria Steinem selling garden decor?

• Laugh 8

20 minutes ago, hummingbird said:

apparently live food tasting is coming back

gird your loins

for happy dancing oral O's for days

blech

And also back to hosts having to play, "I really like this" when their facial expressions make it clear they don't.

• Like 4
  • Laugh 2

I hope they won’t return to all the hugging and air kissing.  Ugh

• Like 7
  • Laugh 1
  • Sad 1

I think that unmasked distancing might remain in place for awhile. 

On HSN hosts were standing directly next to the chef, but the chef was masked.

One thing that's changed permanently for me is social crowding: I'll never squeeze into a packed elevator or subway car again. 

• Like 9

LOL They do this all the time....get it for “under $100” and it’s $99.98 + tax.

A103FEF9-8319-4513-A8E6-898A3537A99A.jpeg

• Like 6
  • Laugh 1
  • Surprise 1

14 minutes ago, Neiman said:

Don't forget the $7.50 S&H.

Oh, and it ships on June 10.

Edit:  My mistake.  June 10 is the advance ship date.  There are hammock chairs that are shipping now.

Edited by letusprocrastinate · Reason: Boo-boo
  • Like 3
  • Laugh 1

4 minutes ago, Neiman said:

1 minute ago, letusprocrastinate said:

Don't forget the $7.50 S&H.

Oh, and it ships on June 10.

Whoa. Hold on. From the moment she started the bliss TSV, she stated that these chairs would absolutely arrive by Memorial Day. What gives?

• Like 2
  • Surprise 1
  • Sad 1

4 minutes ago, From Where I Sit said:

Whoa. Hold on. From the moment she started the bliss TSV, she stated that these chairs would absolutely arrive by Memorial Day. What gives?

My bad:  I'll go back and edit.  The advance orders ship June 10.  But given their shipping issues I wouldn't be confident in Memorial Day.

• Like 7
  • Useful 1

11 minutes ago, From Where I Sit said:

She didn't say Memorial Day this year, did she?

• Like 2
  • Laugh 10

It depends on the color.  Looks like the green is on advance order and will ship later. 

• Like 1
  • Useful 2

I get it. But boy, Unwashed Host was so bold about the delivery at the midnight kickoff. Of course, I had to chuckle, given the Q and their shipping track record.

• Like 5
  • Surprise 2

An oldie-but-goodie was just presented — the Tablemate Deluxe.  Had it muted, but appears to be “new and improved,” with place to put your iPad!!!!! O.M.G.!!!!!!!

• Laugh 5

12 hours ago, Thumper said:

An oldie-but-goodie was just presented — the Tablemate Deluxe.  Had it muted, but appears to be “new and improved,” with place to put your iPad!!!!! O.M.G.!!!!!!!

lol  Yeah, the Tablemate and the pork chop pants should definitely have been inducted into the QVC Hall of Fame by now.

• Like 2
  • Laugh 7

20 hours ago, Thumper said:

I gave that to my father a few years ago. I think it was the extra large. Anyhoo, he loved that thing and thought it was the greatest invention ever. LOL!!!! That said, the one Pat was showing looked so small. You could barely put the iPad on the table top.

• Like 3
  • Useful 2

I like the Q2  Big Deal in black, petite.  Unfortunately, sold out in my size.  Not sure about the handkerchief hem on my short self. 

A-397051

oh brother, Jackie is wearing it with white sneakers!   🤮

• Laugh 2

So, what’s the deal with super expensive Side Stitch other than it’s not over designed or ugly? 

I love how wide the net is cast when selling garments...

You can wear this to the beach

...or to walk the dog

...or to a wedding

Edited by BenchWarmer
  • Laugh 9

Some comments I have read say that the SideStitch tencera is an “elevated” (Qtalk lol) fabric compared to others.  I have no idea.

• Like 1

Lots of caftans this year — is this a thing?

• Like 3