Forums forums
PRIMETIMER
SilverStormm

QVC

Those tacky lawn ornaments are just another reason why I could never be a host at that Q.  My attitude would be: I'm not presenting this crap!  I always joked with a friend of mine that they should have a host who gave their honest opinion during presentations.  That would certainly be a lot more entertaining.

• Like 4
  • Laugh 6

59 minutes ago, lovemesomejoolery said:

Again, I must ask "Who's buying this stuff?"

Here's a $70 illuminated frog birdbath.  And how nice!  You can choose what gender you want represented in your front yard!

I’ll add this item to the list of this stuff. One animal choice includes a faux candle at an unnatural angle inside the belly. I just think that there has to be a better way to execute this for $42 or $38 + s&h.🙂

64A1F890-B0FC-4A62-A833-A2FB40E6956F.jpeg.c1ad23b1f0fc122398499024d603b872.jpeg

1E3DC12A-48D4-4452-8F87-0C01738335D1.jpeg.fccbd1e4df628677ec441352837c6ca0.jpeg

• Laugh 4
  • Surprise 4

With an illuminated filagree ribcage design, these animal decos might as well just be designed to hold the candle, have it placed on its head or sitting on it!! It's getting that ridiculous.

• Like 1
  • Laugh 6

Mary Beth introduced one of the three new show hosts; Monifa Day.  She is an actor and director from LA.....sounds like the perfect fit.

Why would they lay three off, only to hire three new hosts?

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Dottie D said:

Those tacky lawn ornaments are just another reason why I could never be a host at that Q.  My attitude would be: I'm not presenting this crap!  I always joked with a friend of mine that they should have a host who gave their honest opinion during presentations.  That would certainly be a lot more entertaining.

One name.......Mike Rowe

1 minute ago, From Where I Sit said:

A glimpse...Vanessa Herring

13B1D799-57CF-4E5E-8F0E-607B5D721C88.jpeg.7b6e1b320f1b6013377dbf7876dca2e1.jpeg

and Rosina Grosso 

83CD84F3-BE78-472D-9DC1-48E37F647F5F.jpeg.e1dadefe1e29ae2da252a79086aa4d17.jpeg

It seems the only people they’re hiring are people in the entertainment business

• Like 8
  • Useful 1
  • Laugh 1

3 minutes ago, Etherbunny said:

It seems the only people they’re hiring are people in the entertainment business

True. That’s what was refreshing about Antonella. She didn’t come from the University of Prior Newsroom Experience etc

• Like 7

13 minutes ago, hummingbird said:

easier learning curve?

and I would venture to say those people have come to realize their future in entertainment is limited and to take that Q$

If the Q keeps things are they are, their career being an online huxster is limited too

• Like 5
  • Useful 1
  • Laugh 2

4 hours ago, From Where I Sit said:

I’ll add this item to the list of this stuff. One animal choice includes a faux candle at an unnatural angle inside the belly. I just think that there has to be a better way to execute this for $42 or $38 + s&h.🙂

That thing is hideous!

Who is buying this stuff?  Seriously?

• Like 7

there has to be a better way to execute this

execute being the key word.  Kill it.  Kill it dead.

Edited by SuprSuprElevated
  • Laugh 7

They've sold 7 of the goose in the last day!  Hurry, it's going fast!

This honestly could be a gift of spite.  Look at how the candle is positioned inside the goose.  How do you think you're getting it in and out to replace the batteries?

• Laugh 2
  • Sad 1

31 minutes ago, letusprocrastinate said:

They've sold 7 of the goose in the last day!  Hurry, it's going fast!

This honestly could be a gift of spite.  Look at how the candle is positioned inside the goose.  How do you think you're getting it in and out to replace the batteries?

Not to be indelicate, but from its butt, I would assume.

• Like 3
  • Laugh 6

Every time I try exchanging something, they just end up returning my item, despite that the new item I want is in stock and available. One time I tried calling ahead of time and they told me you don’t have to do that anymore. 
Free exchanges is apparently bullshit. 

• Useful 3
  • Sad 6

I like the TSV, but I really only want the green candle.  

• Like 1

16 hours ago, lovemesomejoolery said:
20 hours ago, From Where I Sit said:

I’

Expand  

Edited by artisto

image.png.27db2fd214a0cad20437827dba9fe155.png

16 hours ago, lovemesomejoolery said:

That thing is hideous!

Who is buying this stuff?  Seriously?

These guys?

image.png.a829a2f9d48b056c5c2fadeeb0c8cb18.png

• Laugh 5

Q is clearing out the Diamonique stackable rings TSV from last September that got terrible reviews because of sizing, being uncomfortable to wear, and stones falling out, and was also noteworthy for having rings being shown on-air with stones noticeably missing.  J367723, dropped from the QVC price of $54.25 (comparable retail value of $74.50) to $26.22.

They pretty much had no choice. 

Edited by letusprocrastinate
  • Like 4
  • Useful 2
  • Surprise 4

On 9/9/2020 at 2:09 AM, mpeeps said:

Our very observant @Fromwhereisit noticed one of our favorite hosts presenting the tsv rings with a missing stone or two!  Unbelievable!  Who is asleep at the wheel over there? 

20200909_020127_compress95.jpg.e511c875ec8c921e15c04387da614608.jpg20200909_015955_compress72.thumb.jpg.d36775c43f33c5822b86113647810147.jpg

To remind everyone...

• Like 2
  • Laugh 7
  • Surprise 1

On 4/21/2021 at 10:58 AM, From Where I Sit said:

Most hoarders probably don't open the boxes anyhow. 

• Like 1
  • Laugh 5

Maybe because I already lived through the 1970’s, but these AHDORNED handbags with the two embroidered straps do not appeal to me at all.  The straps cheapen the look, IMO.   Also, $99 for faux leather?

Amy seems to be a big fan.

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, Thumper said:

Maybe because I already lived through the 1970’s, but these AHDORNED handbags with the two embroidered straps do not appeal to me at all.  The straps cheapen the look, IMO.   Also, $99 for faux leather?

Body 100% PVC; lining 100% cotton; straps 100% nylon or 100% cotton

A392094

• Useful 1

And I wonder just how long Amy will continue her allegiance to her hairstyle of choice.

It’s edgy, but the shelf life of ‘edgy’ is often shorter than expected.

I think she just can’t admit the relationship with this one might be over.

I call it, The Bedraggled

DDD468D0-A577-423D-B6F3-B2DF6EE17839.jpeg.88fa6b171b28e7932ba08efbbecb23ae.jpeg

I’m quite sure it takes a while to get it to look like this.

The OAP for the Ahdorned brand and Amy Stran are pretty dug in on the anthropomorphism of these bags. They’re all females, the bags I mean.

• Like 3
  • Laugh 5

Amy looked great in this wig. She said she'd worn this haircut in the past, and she probably would have it cut that way again. Pics from August 2020. Please, Amy, we're still waiting!

misc pics QVC Amy Stran wig Savvy Wig 3 collage 1 8-01-20.jpg

• Like 2

Amy’s hair looked like that every time I’ve tuned in the past few years except the color changes. I’ve never cared for her hairstyle.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Thumper said:

Those bags are not attractive, especially that puffy tote thing they sell. And every time I see the name, ABHOR pops into my head. It's that superfluous H.

• Like 3
  • Laugh 7

4 minutes ago, LeeDenny said:

image.png.6260e84cb487118c4396c84f01a31cb7.pngimage.png.2ab386b688a0d5027419cab5ad6f8ebf.png

Those TS sandals look like stress fracture shoes.

Ugly. 

You know what I liked? Rebecca Minkoff's bags. Too pricey, but super cute. Pity that you east coasters missed the live show at 2am your time. 

• Like 6

19 minutes ago, LeeDenny said:

image.png.6260e84cb487118c4396c84f01a31cb7.pngimage.png.2ab386b688a0d5027419cab5ad6f8ebf.png

The exact same color of the TSV sandals as depicted on the left contributed to the ensemble that got Jane put once again into @Booney's fashion poll file last night.

• Like 5

26 minutes ago, LeeDenny said:

When I saw these I broke into that old cheer.

U  G  L  Y  You Ain’t Got No Alibi 

You’re Ugly,  👏👏

You’re Ugly.

• Laugh 6

29 minutes ago, emmawoodhouse said:

Ugly. 

You know what I liked? Rebecca Minkoff's bags. Too pricey, but super cute. Pity that you east coasters missed the live show at 2am your time. 

Check out Nordstrom Rack, which carries Rebecca Minkoff on the regular.  I've been unexpectedly pulled in and bought one or two on various trips there.  Their website has a lot of them, too!

• Like 1
  • Useful 2

1 hour ago, hummingbird said:

I think that style is too old for her

but don't like how she chopped it this week either 

I agree about that style being too old for her.  I’m in a party of one who likes her current style. 😁.  She takes some chances — it’s cute and messy!  

• Like 3

19 minutes ago, Lady J said:

When I saw these I broke into that old cheer.

U  G  L  Y  You Ain’t Got No Alibi 

You’re Ugly,  👏👏

You’re Ugly.

A cheer for The Unwashed One.

• Like 1
  • Laugh 3

Polypropylene is the Q's new favorite toxic fabrication in lots of their gardening products! I really hope they have no plans or bright ideas of making clothing out of this stuff too!! 

Edited by mpeeps
  • Like 4
  • Sad 1

12 hours ago, From Where I Sit said:

Are those veneers that Amy has

Yes, thats why she has difficulty pronouncing some words 

• Like 1
  • Surprise 1

I realize I'm late commenting on this, but CBB was underwhelming.

Screen Shot 2021-04-24 at 2.58.16 PM.png

• Like 3
  • Sad 1

Is QVC's over the air signal not in HD? We recently just cut the cord since we really only stream and hardly watch cable. I watch PBS Create for the cooking shows and QVC for the anger and unintentional comedy - but the QVC signal is very low quality. its not pixelated like the channels we barely get, but very low definition. I was just wondering if that's just the way it is. The HSN signal is pretty bad too. Even reruns of the Brady Bunch on MeTV are higher quality.

Edit: I acknowledge my test in TV is pretty strange.

On 4/24/2021 at 3:01 AM, mpeeps said:

Polypropylene is the Q's new favorite toxic fabrication in lots of their gardening products! I really hope they have no plans or bright ideas of making clothing out of this stuff too!! 

I assumed that's what "Liquid Knit" was...

Edited by Captain Bob
  • Laugh 5

5 minutes ago, Captain Bob said:

Is QVC's over the air signal not in HD? We recently just cut the cord since we really only stream and hardly watch cable. I watch PBS Create for the cooking shows and QVC for the anger and unintentional comedy - but the QVC signal is very low quality. its not pixelated like the channels we barely get, but very low definition. I was just wondering if that's just the way it is. The HSN signal is pretty bad too. Even reruns of the Brady Bunch on MeTV are higher quality.

Edit: I acknowledge my test in TV is pretty strange.

I assumed that's what "Liquid Knit" was...

I experienced low picture quality when I was watching QVC with an antenna.  I now use Youtube TV for streaming, and the Q comes in in excellent quality.  I think it has to do with programs "over the air" just being of lesser quality in general, but it is fine on Youtube TV.

• Like 1
  • Useful 2

Read “over there” that tonight at 7pm est, a former q diva host will interview Antonella Nestor on the former’s Facebook page...FWIW

• Useful 1
  • Surprise 1
  • Sad 3

1 hour ago, CalicoKitty said:

I experienced low picture quality when I was watching QVC with an antenna.  I now use Youtube TV for streaming, and the Q comes in in excellent quality.  I think it has to do with programs "over the air" just being of lesser quality in general, but it is fine on Youtube TV.

Interesting, because my local channels display over the air is vastly better than the cable HD. Most of the over the air shows look great, but there are some issues with older shows which weren't filmed in HD. QVC and HSN are really stand outs in how bad the quality is. But since I mostly stream shows its not an issue. But I do miss just switching over to QVC now and then to see what BS they are trying to sell. 

1 hour ago, From Where I Sit said:

Read “over there” that tonight at 7pm est, a former q diva host will interview Antonella Nestor on the former’s Facebook page...FWIW

Which former diva? The one we can't mention by name? If so, where can I see this trainwreck as it unfolds?

• Like 1
  • Laugh 1

13 minutes ago, Captain Bob said:

Interesting, because my local channels display over the air is vastly better than the cable HD. Most of the over the air shows look great, but there are some issues with older shows which weren't filmed in HD. QVC and HSN are really stand outs in how bad the quality is. But since I mostly stream shows its not an issue. But I do miss just switching over to QVC now and then to see what BS they are trying to sell. 

Which former diva? The one we can't mention by name? If so, where can I see this trainwreck as it unfolds?

Trainwreck is on Facebook. I couldn't watch it -- not an FB member and they block me. But I've been hearing about it from others. It's after 8 p.m. ET now, so the chat might be over. Probably it will be archived on the person's FB page, so it will be available to watch.

• Useful 1

1 minute ago, Coffeecup said:

Trainwreck is on Facebook. I couldn't watch it -- not an FB member and they block me. But I've been hearing about it from others. It's after 8 p.m. ET now, so the chat might be over. Probably it will be archived on the person's FB page, so it will be available to watch.

I quit Facebook a long time ago. Sadly, I knew I would come to regret that decision...

• Like 2
  • Laugh 1

17 minutes ago, Captain Bob said:

Yes. The one we can't mention. And she doesn't shut up during the whole time. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Captain Bob said:

I quit Facebook a long time ago. Sadly, I knew I would come to regret that decision...

It's possible that Ant will request that the video of the chat be put on YouTube. If Ant taped it herself, pretty sure it will turn up on YT.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Benji said:

Yes. The one we can't mention. And she doesn't shut up during the whole time. 

Which is why I won’t watch.

• Like 4

14 hours ago, From Where I Sit said:

Why was David Markstein on there?  I didn’t watch, only saw it posted when I was scrolling on Facebook 

David Markstein works for former host and has been to Italy with Ant and shared some stories about her love for jewelry to maybe convince you to donate to Ant's GFM. 

• Like 3