Forums forums
PRIMETIMER
SilverStormm

QVC

Mike George from Monday's second quarter earnings conference call (the numbers were quite good):

"We aspire to be her refuge, a place for advice, entertainment and community, and a source of joy, hope and inspiration. "

Edited by JohnnyStar5
  • Laugh 1
  • Surprise 1

1 hour ago, JohnnyStar5 said:

Mike George from Monday's second quarter earnings conference call (the numbers were quite good):

"We aspire to be her refuge, a place for advice, entertainment and community, and a source of joy, hope and inspiration. "

🤢🤢😖

• Laugh 6
  • Surprise 1

2 hours ago, JohnnyStar5 said:

I’ll stick to a Magic Eight Ball 🎱 for advice. Thanks anyway Mike. 

• Like 1
  • Laugh 7

1 hour ago, LeeDenny said:

her refuge, a place for advice, entertainment and community, and a source of joy, hope and inspiration. "

wait:

I think that place sounds like here 

Edited by hummingbird
  • Like 6
  • Laugh 11

Qurate has finally confirmed how many layoffs there were last month. The number had been reported as an "I heard" sort of thing.

But the company has confirmed that (approximately) 450 people were "separated."

• Useful 3

11 minutes ago, hummingbird said:

what's the point of David constantly picking away at that salmon over and over

Since he hates salmon, he’s probably relieved he doesn’t have to taste it. Pre-pandemic, after Mary D had moved on from his sidekick role, salmon was the TSV. They brought her into ITKWD just to do the TSV presentations. David explained it by saying something like salmon isn’t his favorite food so Mary would do it justice. If he could choke down Nutrisystem, surely he could’ve endured a few bites of salmon.

• Like 3
  • Useful 1
  • Laugh 5

40 minutes ago, Booney said:

Since he hates salmon, he’s probably relieved he doesn’t have to taste it. Pre-pandemic, after Mary D had moved on from his sidekick role, salmon was the TSV. They brought her into ITKWD just to do the TSV presentations. David explained it by saying something like salmon isn’t his favorite food so Mary would do it justice. If he could choke down Nutrisystem, surely he could’ve endured a few bites of salmon.

The king has an official taster , as is right and his due. 😆

• Like 1
  • Laugh 14

Reminds me of when Dan Hughes was selling lobster a few years ago.  He kept going like a pro, even when saying the lobster smelled great but he couldn't taste any of it because of his shellfish allergy.  Now there's a legit reason not to sample something on-air.

• Like 4
  • Laugh 1

19 hours ago, mpeeps said:

Thursday is all Fall decor on the Q!  

I thought it was really really interesting when watching a short video of Ant cooking sausage and potatoes and she said she uses the Temptations baking dish as her food tastes better in it!  She said she was not endorsing the line but her food actually tastes better cooking in it!!  Not sure what to think?

I saw that video. To think they let Ant go. She's the host who actually has QVC items, uses them, and says nice things about them. On a side note, I didn't think she was going to get all those potatoes, peppers, and sausage in that baking dish. She did. 

I like the looks of the Temptations old world, but I don't own any. The bad reviews kept me from buying. 

• Like 6

9 hours ago, Booney said:

just looked so pointless and wasteful to see that, and I know its just for sales 

there must be a better way 

not spending an hour at a time might work 

• Like 4

Valerie's truck has more detail but I don't like the 2 colors she has.

Fred Sanford's truck is classic. I bet you are hearing that theme song now.

red truck 1.jpg

• Laugh 11

So if I'm wanting to decorate for Fall, why would I buy decorations from QVC that have ship dates in October?

Edited by letusprocrastinate
  • Like 9
  • Useful 3
  • Sad 1

15 minutes ago, letusprocrastinate said:

So if I'm wanting to decorate for Fall, why would I buy decorations from QVC that have ship dates in October?

hmm

that makes no sense

• Like 3
  • Sad 2

Where to begin with this screenshot? First off, the OAP’s dining room appears to have been taken over by alien life forms, from the TSV spheres to the unfortunate hanging lights that look like jaws ready to chomp down on something. We’ve got a Boofetti-like candle holder on the table. And the one she’s presenting is supposed to be a candy corn. It is, but it isn’t. It looks more like a traffic cone or booster rocket. What a hot mess.

7F416AF0-5E65-455A-95D4-B437352AD638.thumb.jpeg.d69f4c1f8ecc3125c77cc054468d29d5.jpeg

• Like 4
  • Laugh 19

31 minutes ago, Syringa Vulgaris said:

Today's TSV is... confounding to me.

Wish to give this a bazillion likes.

6 minutes ago, Booney said:

Where to begin with this screenshot? First off, the OAP’s dining room appears to have been taken over by alien life forms, from the TSV spheres to the unfortunate hanging lights that look like jaws ready to chomp down on something. We’ve got a Boofetti-like candle holder on the table. And the one she’s presenting is supposed to be a candy corn. It is, but it isn’t. It looks more like a traffic cone or booster rocket. What a hot mess.

7F416AF0-5E65-455A-95D4-B437352AD638.thumb.jpeg.d69f4c1f8ecc3125c77cc054468d29d5.jpeg

Bazillion likes for this too.

• Like 4
  • Laugh 3

11 minutes ago, Booney said:

That's a whole lotta ugly.

• Like 15

16 minutes ago, Booney said:

Where to begin with this screenshot? First off, the OAP’s dining room appears to have been taken over by alien life forms, from the TSV spheres to the unfortunate hanging lights that look like jaws ready to chomp down on something.

I can't unsee it now -- the ceiling fixtures are carnivorous lifeforms.

• Like 3
  • Laugh 7

20 minutes ago, Booney said:

The vase on the bottom left has eyes.

• Laugh 6
  • Surprise 2

1 hour ago, Booney said:

The spheres look a little too much like coronaviruses for my tastes. On the right, we have your covid-19 coronavirus. Behind Budget Boofetti is your spring cold coronavirus; it's green. The black one is obviously for  pesky winter colds; its coloring reminiscent of the cold, dark days.

• Like 2
  • Laugh 11
  • Surprise 1

The tsv looks cheap and reminds me of tumbleweed. I could just picture one strong gust of wind and these spheres are tumbling down your street and end up on your neighbor's lawn a few houses down!

tenor-7.gif.3306be3b34ee835257b4a4c3886ec733.gif

Edited by mpeeps
  • Like 2
  • Laugh 12

5 hours ago, Booney said:

LOL Now I'm going to look at those candies as "traffic corn". 

Another poster mentioned the floral spheres resemblance to covid-19 images. I agree. They keep coming back, too. Several callers raved about them and already have several colors. It's a horror movie. Day of the Virus Spheres.

Just yesterday morning the news reported that Brach's has a new candy mix. It's Turkey Dinner flavored candy corn. 

From Brach's: "The Turkey Candy Corn mix features a medley of six familiar flavors to the American Thanksgiving dinner spread: Roasted turkey, cranberry sauce, stuffing, green beans, ginger glazed carrots, and, for dessert, sweet potato pie. Of course, the multi-hued pieces are color-coded to match their respective dish."

brachs-turkey-dinner-candy-corn-15971686

• Like 1
  • Laugh 2
  • Surprise 6
  • Sad 3

3 hours ago, TexasTiffany said:

LOL Now I'm going to look at those candies as "traffic corn". 

Another poster mentioned the floral spheres resemblance to covid-19 images. I agree. They keep coming back, too. Several callers raved about them and already have several colors. It's a horror movie. Day of the Virus Spheres.

Just yesterday morning the news reported that Brach's has a new candy mix. It's Turkey Dinner flavored candy corn. 

From Brach's: "The Turkey Candy Corn mix features a medley of six familiar flavors to the American Thanksgiving dinner spread: Roasted turkey, cranberry sauce, stuffing, green beans, ginger glazed carrots, and, for dessert, sweet potato pie. Of course, the multi-hued pieces are color-coded to match their respective dish."

brachs-turkey-dinner-candy-corn-15971686

murica

there are riots, kids going hungry and some idiot makes turkey candy corn

-------------

drove by a house yesterday and they had those domes in an urn

from the street they didn't look awful 

Edited by hummingbird
  • Like 5

one thing that I noticed now

using the split screen on the models , lets us see the products in much better detail than previously, when one model was upstage and the others in the back, now 3 things are shown at the same time, much better 

• Like 5

Called customer service about three returns that have not been received.  Apparently they are telling all their customers that returns are taking up to SIX weeks!

lesson learned, do NOT use your debit card and pay in full

• Useful 2
  • Surprise 6

Yep. Buyer Beware! Returned something to the Q late June using their return label. It took a month to get to their return center and just received the refund!! 

• Useful 2
  • Surprise 5
  • Sad 2

30 minutes ago, mpeeps said:

Yep. Buyer Beware! Returned something to the Q late June using their return label. It took a month to get to their return center and just received the refund!! 

between the mail service being the subject of a conflict and Q's slow return process I would be cautious of ordering and returning with them right now.

my resell shipments are taking 2 days and more to reach their buyer and this is with priority mail   

• Surprise 1
  • Sad 1

5 minutes ago, Thumper said:

Is the Turkey Candy Corn a joke?  🤮

If not, it should be.  🤮

• Like 1

I have always disliked the TSV’s shoe style.  The high flap in front reminds me of my dad’s house shoes/slippers.

• Laugh 4

5 hours ago, Thumper said:

I have always disliked the TSV’s shoe style.  The high flap in front reminds me of my dad’s house shoes/slippers.

they make KL "so happy" and I can get them without  interaction from a human being

her sales schtick   doesn't make any sense to me

Edited by hummingbird · Reason: text to speech fail !!!
  • Like 2

I'd try the M&M's pumpkin pie. 

The reporter telling us about the turkey dinner candy corn said he tried all of the flavors except for the green beans. No candy should taste like green beans. He did say he sort of liked the cranberry since it was fruit flavored. 

Candace Cameron Bure Inspirational T-Shirts $34.98. It's a t-shirt. I can already buy a comparable shirt with inspiring messages for much less. 

QVC keeps selling computers but they don't think we use them to shop online on Amazon. 

• Laugh 8

....whatever happened to the H by Halston brand and Cameron Silver's relationship to it?

I don't watch most weekdays 6-6...but I haven't seen it on air in ages. Is it still around just not a darling brand?

I don't see Joan Rivers brand as much. And I thought the Louis Del Olio brand was going to continue, just not with him on air, but another OAP. What happened with that?

I know I may miss presentations by not watching the morning fashion blocks. But Lord knows I see enough Logo, Isaac and Graver, D&C, Cuddl Duds at other times.

So what's happen to other other brands I mentioned?

(It's like what happened with the Cooks Essentials brand in the kitchen category. IF they haven't dropped it. They certainly are not promoting or pushing it.)

Edited by selhars
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

Not sure about Halston, but I have seen the occasional Joan Rivers and Louis show.

• Like 1

I'm only one viewer, of course. But I'd rather see anything in the JR or LDO line than anything by Logo. Yet Logo is on every damned Monday night, and on Fri and Sat apparel shows also.  It's like Logo and Isaac (and Cuddl Dubs for a while there) are the clothing brands they're forcing down our throats.

I just wish I could see more of the brands I prefer to see...than the brands that are an instant click away. I can't watch Logo for more than five seconds. Isaac, I might give 10 minutes.  And then it's click...because all he can say is an item "is everything." Hell, I'd rather see Quaker Factory.

At least the Joan Rivers and Louis Del Olio presentations have a level of discourse that's not insultingly banal. 

• Like 5