Forums forums
PRIMETIMER
SilverStormm

QVC

Julia Cearley, pronounced Carely, (as in I do not care for her) apparently is a mixologist and waited tables (which she mentioned incessantly,) thereby qualifying her to replace Stacey, who previously would have done an hour like this.

I guess there are fewer and fewer host options for an all day Cooking Show. I would rather have seen Kristine Zell, which says a lot about how I view Ms. Cearley. 

Edited by JohnnyStar5
  • Like 3
  • Sad 3

I love all day cooking shows, or used to. Now freaking KERSTIN is on for a few hours?! Mary is wasted being DV’s Facebook minion, so she doesn’t get to host on her own...but Julia and Kerstin do. QVC is committing suicide right in front of us. (Also, is Mary Beth on vacation? I’m not a fan but would take her over many of the people on the schedule today. Ditto the normally ubiquitous JRT.)

I caught the final presentation of yesterday’s avionics TSV last night waiting for the cooking day to start, and it looked like every color and most sizes were fully in stock. Almost every size/color was green, maybe a handful of yellows around sizes 7ish. I didn’t see any reds, even in the large sizes.

I can’t recall seeing a TSV bomb that badly. I had the sound off but wonder if CK was claiming they had brought in more of every color because every color is so popular, and that’s why they had so many of every color left.

• Like 5

21 minutes ago, Somebody Stop Me said:

I love all day cooking shows, or used to. Now freaking KERSTIN is on for a few hours?! Mary is wasted being DV’s Facebook minion, so she doesn’t get to host on her own...but Julia and Kerstin do. QVC is committing suicide right in front of us. (Also, is Mary Beth on vacation? I’m not a fan but would take her over many of the people on the schedule today. Ditto the normally ubiquitous JRT.)

I caught the final presentation of yesterday’s avionics TSV last night waiting for the cooking day to start, and it looked like every color and most sizes were fully in stock. Almost every size/color was green, maybe a handful of yellows around sizes 7ish. I didn’t see any reds, even in the large sizes.

I can’t recall seeing a TSV bomb that badly. I had the sound off but wonder if CK was claiming they had brought in more of every color because every color is so popular, and that’s why they had so many of every color left.

Shrug: perhaps most like me are relishing the good weather when I don't need a boot, and dread boot weather when we will be sadly confined again to the house and therefore don't need new boots ??????

• Like 2

On 8/8/2020 at 12:08 PM, Friday said:

Nice half-tuck Liam.  NOT.

This is the first H-T I've seen on a man; at least an intentional one.  

Not a fan of the half-man-tuck.  Looks like he created a package-viewing window.

fullsizeoutput_782.jpeg

Staci Ann probably tucked it for him.

• Laugh 11

I know I'm not looking forward to heeled boots and definitely not blazars especially this year!! 

Edited by mpeeps
  • Like 2

That’s kind of the point—QVC (and Vionic) are totally out of touch to the point that they completely blew a TSV.

QVC and Lug did a face mask TSV recently. Granted, they were apparently dreadful masks, but at least the idea was timely.

If they had had Vionic slip on walking shoes, I’d probably have sprung for a few pair, as the Vionic Ema shoes I got last year have been fantastic. Or they could have offered Vionic slippers and probably made a killing.

But ankle boots?! LOL

• Like 3

Just this week my employer announced no return to offices for the balance of the year. I think everyone thought after Labor Day everything will be normal, but who knows?

No need for anything new. We don't Zoom or Skype, just emails!

• Like 6

58 minutes ago, Somebody Stop Me said:

That’s kind of the point—QVC (and Vionic) are totally out of touch to the point that they completely blew a TSV.

QVC and Lug did a face mask TSV recently. Granted, they were apparently dreadful masks, but at least the idea was timely.

If they had had Vionic slip on walking shoes, I’d probably have sprung for a few pair, as the Vionic Ema shoes I got last year have been fantastic. Or they could have offered Vionic slippers and probably made a killing.

But ankle boots?! LOL

to play devil's advocate that boot ts was probably planned months ago pre-CV so again lousy timing, not anyone's fault .  they kind of need to sell thru what they have .  

• Like 5

3 hours ago, hummingbird said:

Shrug: perhaps most like me are relishing the good weather when I don't need a boot, and dread boot weather when we will be sadly confined again to the house and therefore don't need new boots ??????

I thought the TSV was fugly.

• Like 5

3 hours ago, RubberbandGirl said:

Wait. Is that his wife. The qvc model staci ann?

• Like 3

3 hours ago, RubberbandGirl said:

4 minutes ago, Fromwhereisit said:

Wait. Is that his wife. The qvc model staci ann?

She is.

• Useful 2

53 minutes ago, Syringa Vulgaris said:

I thought the TSV was fugly.

Me too !

• Like 2

5 hours ago, JohnnyStar5 said:

Julia Cearley, pronounced Carely, (as in I do not care for her) apparently is a mixologist and waited tables (which she mentioned incessantly,) thereby qualifying her to replace Stacey, who previously would have done an hour like this.

I guess there are fewer and fewer host options for an all day Cooking Show. I would rather have seen Kristine Zell, which says a lot about how I view Ms. Cearley. 

I'm guessing a self-proclaimed mixologist.

Edited by LeeDenny
  • Like 4

6 hours ago, RubberbandGirl said:

Liam must be feeling like a fish out of water with no feet or ankles on which to draw dotted lines.

He does, however, have a lot of blank space below the belt for a personal Sharpie diagram.

• Laugh 6

10 minutes ago, lazyfaire said:

F96B11E0-3DE7-4428-B8D8-468616A25ED7.jpeg.1302349d97924fe8d44bf1a65f7d0d29.jpeg

Foreplay in the Bourke household 

I forgot about StaceyAnn's foot/ankle!  Duh!

At this point, she should just get a tattoo of the dotted lines.

• Useful 1
  • Laugh 13

I think Liam still enjoys drawing on her feet and legs with his magic marker too!  Last night she was on with him via Skype and the arch he drew on her foot was even more pronounced than usual!!!   

Edited by mpeeps
  • Laugh 7

44 minutes ago, mpeeps said:

I think Liam still enjoys drawing on her feet and legs with his magic marker too!  Last night she was on with him via Skype and the arch he drew on her foot was even more pronounced than usual!!!   

For some reason, I find that disturbing 

• Like 1
  • Laugh 7

I see Stacey Ann is wearing Bombas socks.

51 minutes ago, mpeeps said:

Still in love after all these years (with her arch anyway).

• Like 1
  • Laugh 9

19 hours ago, JohnnyStar5 said:

fewer and fewer host options for an all day Cooking Show.

if they wouldn't pigeonhole their hosts into boxes and instead encourag more well rounded hosts that wouldn't be an issue

• Like 10

20 hours ago, JohnnyStar5 said:

When they put Julia on ITKWM and allowed her to host it when Mary was away due to her thyroid surgery I figured they were trying to pigeonhole her into kitchen shows.  As in Mary takes over the top kitchen spot whenever David calls it a career and then Julia becomes the #2 kitchen person.

• Sad 4

20 hours ago, Somebody Stop Me said:

The day Kerstin hosts a Gourmet Holiday show I'll be wondering if the world is about to end.

• Laugh 11

43 minutes ago, texastornado said:

Warning:  do not view the TSV presentation while eating.  

will edit 

Don't view it !!!

• Like 3

1 hour ago, hummingbird said:

will edit 

Don't view it !!!

So gross. I had the change the channel. I think they are channeling Dr. Pimple Popper. Equally gross. 

Edited by Showthyme
  • Like 1
  • Sad 3

If I'm supposed to be wearing a mask when I'm out in public and it covers a good chunk of my face, why should I be worried about cleaning out my pores to the point I'll fork over $80 plus tax to QVC?

• Like 3
  • Useful 3

Seriously, Q?  $70 is NOT a clearance price.  So what if it's 35% off the original $110.  It's a freakin' Logo dress that has nothing special about it.

A-374425

Edited by letusprocrastinate
  • Like 4

7 hours ago, Showthyme said:

So gross. I had the change the channel. I think they are channeling Dr. Pimple Popper. Equally gross. 

I saw the first presentation last night to see what it did.  I am oddly intrigued by it!  But the demos are gross.  I read some reviews and would be afraid I’d wreck my face using it.

• Like 2

Someone on this board recommended Ipsy to me — thank you!  I have had a lot of fun trying new products and sometimes ordering things I like at a reduced price.  I have even discovered a few new products that I would buy.

• Like 2
  • Useful 2

1 hour ago, Thumper said:

I saw the first presentation last night to see what it did.  I am oddly intrigued by it!  But the demos are gross.  I read some reviews and would be afraid I’d wreck my face using it.

I have one that I bought for less elsewhere. I have never had all that gunk. I don’t think they washed their faces first as you are supposed to. But using it makes me break out. 

• Useful 2
  • Surprise 1
  • Sad 1

comment:

even Blair who is a cute as can be was voluntold into skin tight white pants, who is dressing these women?

• Surprise 1
  • Sad 3

Perhaps these shoes would have sold more successfully if there was better proportion between the toe box and the decoration.

Their awkward name description should be changed to Attack of the Plastic Sand Dollars.

https://www.qvc.com/Clarks-Collection-Leather-or-Suede-Flats---Gracelin-Zone.product.A369203.html

Amy O'Clarks looked like Teri Garr today.  But her voice gave her away.

Edited by CandyApple
  • Laugh 3

1 minute ago, CandyApple said:

Perhaps these shoes would have sold more successfully if there was better proportion between the toe box and the decoration.

Their awkward name description should be changed to Attack of the Plastic Sand Dollars.

https://www.qvc.com/Clarks-Collection-Leather-or-Suede-Flats---Gracelin-Zone.product.A369203.html

Amy O'Clark's looked like Teri Garr today.  But her voice gave her away.

Tory Burch copy/ripoff/homage/ pick your preferred term 

• Like 4
  • Sad 2

Dr. Denese? Really? I haven't seen her stuff on air in forever....I wonder how well it still sells.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, selhars said:

Dr. Denese? Really? I haven't seen her stuff on air in forever....I wonder how well it still sells.

She was on late last night with GP.

• Useful 1

2 hours ago, selhars said:

I've liked the things I've tried- bought on the cheap from eBay and TJMAXX. I certainly wouldn't pay full price for any of it. 

And Because it can't be said enough, when did Denim and Co. get so damn ugly? It's like Gary picks the ugliest prints he can find. At least Isaac has a good eye. The TSV cardigan is completely uninspired and the marl/ space-dye has been done to death. Ymmv.

• Like 7

19 minutes ago, sauce62 said:

I've liked the things I've tried- bought on the cheap from eBay and TJMAXX. I certainly wouldn't pay full price for any of it. 

And Because it can't be said enough, when did Denim and Co. get so damn ugly? It's like Gary picks the ugliest prints he can find. At least Isaac has a good eye. The TSV cardigan is completely uninspired and the marl/ space-dye has been done to death. Ymmv.

Maybe he's started collaborating with the Olyn part of Garolyn. 

• Like 1
  • Laugh 3

1 hour ago, Friday said:

Maybe he's started collaborating with the Olyn part of Garolyn. 

He's out in the yard asking random squirrels for ideas.

misc pics animals squirrel man talking to squirrel.jpg

• Laugh 18

I honestly do not get the appeal of Temptations.  From what I gather the quality is iffy in looks, quality is iffy in performance for the baking dishes, the resale value is next to nil, and people who have entire sets of the stuff find out they can't give it away.

Oh, and "Your Inspo Spot" sounds like something I need to discuss with a doctor.

• Laugh 10
  • Sad 1

Thursday is all Fall decor on the Q!  

I thought it was really really interesting when watching a short video of Ant cooking sausage and potatoes and she said she uses the Temptations baking dish as her food tastes better in it!  She said she was not endorsing the line but her food actually tastes better cooking in it!!  Not sure what to think?

Edited by mpeeps
  • Useful 3
  • Laugh 2
  • Surprise 1

14 hours ago, sauce62 said:

About one gruesome looking floral top last night, Gary said "This looks like something you'd find at that store that begins with 'A' and ends with 'gie.' Anthropologie?? Is he kidding? I almost laughed out loud. Then he said, "Put a "1" in front of the price and that's how much it would cost there."  The man is delirious. Too much time spent with Acorn, I think.

• Useful 1
  • Laugh 9
  • Sad 1

26 minutes ago, Booney said:

About one gruesome looking floral top last night, Gary said "This looks like something you'd find at that store that begins with 'A' and ends with 'gie.' Anthropologie?? Is he kidding? I almost laughed out loud. Then he said, "Put a "1" in front of the price and that's how much it would cost there."  The man is delirious. Too much time spent with Acorn, I think.

annnndddd D&C grannies shop there ???

• Laugh 6

2 hours ago, letusprocrastinate said:

Oh, and "Your Inspo Spot" sounds like something I need to discuss with a doctor.

It actually sounds like something XXX rated!

• Like 3
  • Laugh 7

I’d like to propose that the Q send their moderators or monitors over to the host’s QVC affiliated social media pages. They could swoop in to cull, and edit, and poof posts just as they do on the QVC forums. As watchdogs, they should be watchful of content unbecoming a host. Maybe they could help the hosts protect themselves from themselves.

Edited by Fromwhereisit · Reason: Really poorly written
  • Like 4

I suppose there would have to be some established standards and boundaries.

We are still able to comprehend some level of acceptable universal behavior and absolutes. Aren’t we? 

Maybe not.

• Like 1
  • Laugh 4