Jump to content
Forums forums
PRIMETIMER
SilverStormm

QVC

Recommended Posts


It’s a big shirt for sure. Poncho it isn’t. Maybe, the “designers” name is Poncho. 

  • Laugh 8

Share this post


Link to post
8 hours ago, Thumper said:

I noticed the “7%” linen, too! 
Only looked at the TSV online.  Not flattering on me, I’m sure.

 

I saw a lot of similar styles ( what I would call 1970’s-era) at Target the other day.  Loose, flowy.

I wish they would put at least a cap sleeve or short sleeve on some of their dresses. My upper arms are not my best feature. 

  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post

19 minutes ago, AuntCarol said:

I wish they would put at least a cap sleeve or short sleeve on some of their dresses. My upper arms are not my best feature. 

They want you to buy a denim jacket for that.

  • Laugh 15

Share this post


Link to post

Something about wearing UltimAir face coverings just doesn't seem right, but I get the concept.

794204607_Screenshot2021-04-0510_32_24AM.thumb.png.616367a29bdc389ee6c950608ffed32b.png

  • Like 1
  • Laugh 9
  • Surprise 1

Share this post


Link to post
1 minute ago, mpeeps said:

Something about wearing UltimAir face coverings just doesn't seem right, but I get the concept.

794204607_Screenshot2021-04-0510_32_24AM.thumb.png.616367a29bdc389ee6c950608ffed32b.png

Sort of like wearing panties on your face. 
I think they are late to the face covering game. 

  • Like 8
  • Laugh 1

Share this post


Link to post

I purchased one Breezies item from the Q, a t-shirt bra a few years ago.  It was/is the weirdest fitting bra I've ever had, and I should have returned it.  I've never had a problem with falling out of the bottom of a bra; but every time I lift my arms up with the Breezies it moves upwards.  I only wear it around the house occasionally, it's just not comfortable and no matter how I adjusted it it's just doesn't have any real holding power.  

 

Never again, Breezies!!!

  • Like 4
  • Useful 4

Share this post


Link to post

My Mom used to wear Breezies bras and I never saw such ill-fitting bras in my life!!

  • Like 6
  • Useful 1
  • Laugh 1

Share this post


Link to post

Jenn and the Gendel sisters now proclaiming that thongs are so wrong and uncomfortable (well, yeah, but I am old!) and selling the comfort of the TSV.

Wondering — the benefit of these as opposed to a slip?  Perhaps the body shaping?  For me, it would pull in at my waist and only show my flab there.  Thighs are ok— have heard mention of chafing, so maybe that’s it for some people.  I have a pair of these I bought from another vendor years ago and don’t think I have ever worn them.   A slip keeps the dress from clinging and also avoids see-through in the sun (I.e. young Diana photo, gasp!).  

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post

I’m interested in this “try it like it” set, mainly for the Elemis piece.  Have had some samples and really like it.  However, WHY the huge WEN item???  No, thank you.  It reminds me of the days when Q would always include a larger-sized primer from Smashbox in their “try me” kits.  I loved many items from Smashbox, but not their primer, which was like plastic on my face.

https://www.qvc.com/TILI-Try-It%2C-Love-It-Buyers-Favorites-8-Piece-Spring-Box.product.A397229.html?sc=IROA

 

 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post

I wear those skimmies with dresses and skirts to stop thigh rub. I haven't noticed any problems with clinging.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
8 hours ago, mpeeps said:

My Mom used to wear Breezies bras and I never saw such ill-fitting bras in my life!!

I tried one once, it was the weirdest fit, one and done. 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
1 minute ago, Lady J said:

I tried one once, it was the weirdest fit, one and done. 

Same here. I also found the Ultimair to be scratchy and uncomfortable. 

  • Like 3
  • Surprise 1

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, Thumper said:

I’m interested in this “try it like it” set, mainly for the Elemis piece.  Have had some samples and really like it.  However, WHY the huge WEN item???  No, thank you.  It reminds me of the days when Q would always include a larger-sized primer from Smashbox in their “try me” kits.  I loved many items from Smashbox, but not their primer, which was like plastic on my face.

https://www.qvc.com/TILI-Try-It%2C-Love-It-Buyers-Favorites-8-Piece-Spring-Box.product.A397229.html?sc=IROA

 

 

I sometimes get these TILI boxes myself, usually because there's something in them that costs way more than the price of the box.  Tonight, I looked at them to see what was new and found that one I'd had my eye on was only $16.49.  It's rare for me to find a box where EVERYTHING in it is something I want to try - there's usually one item I know I don't want!  WEN would be that for me!

This TILI box is $16.49, too....and it has the Elemis product in it, without a WEN product.  Several of the boxes have a full size WEN item.  Guess it's not selling like it used to.

https://www.qvc.com/TILI-x-Meg-O-8-Piece-Beauty-Sample-Box.product.A385007.html?sc=SRCH

  • Useful 3

Share this post


Link to post
22 minutes ago, lovemesomejoolery said:

I sometimes get these TILI boxes myself, usually because there's something in them that costs way more than the price of the box.  Tonight, I looked at them to see what was new and found that one I'd had my eye on was only $16.49.  It's rare for me to find a box where EVERYTHING in it is something I want to try - there's usually one item I know I don't want!  WEN would be that for me!

This TILI box is $16.49, too....and it has the Elemis product in it, without a WEN product.  Several of the boxes have a full size WEN item.  Guess it's not selling like it used to.

https://www.qvc.com/TILI-x-Meg-O-8-Piece-Beauty-Sample-Box.product.A385007.html?sc=SRCH

Ooooooh!  Thank you!   Smoochies! 😁

Edited by Thumper
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post

I recently bought that TILI 8pc sample. I actually liked it and you get some generous samples and even full size products too. Definitely worth a $20 bill.

The Diamonique personalized necklace looks too masculine and cheap for $125. The font and chain are both too heavy looking. Definitely not a delicate or feminine look.

20210405_230244.thumb.jpg.a513c66313ca7ef60d40d2c0e0b84c23.jpg

Edited by mpeeps
  • Like 4
  • Sad 2

Share this post


Link to post
2 hours ago, mpeeps said:

I recently bought that TILI 8pc sample. I actually liked it and you get some generous samples and even full size products too. Definitely worth a $20 bill.

The Diamonique personalized necklace looks too masculine and cheap for $125. The font and chain are both too heavy looking. Definitely not a delicate or feminine look.

20210405_230244.thumb.jpg.a513c66313ca7ef60d40d2c0e0b84c23.jpg

Looks like something your boyfriend would have bought for you at the fair.  Back in the day. 

  • Like 5
  • Laugh 8

Share this post


Link to post

About the Peter T. Roth TSV:

1) It contains both retinol and vitamin C...

A copy/paste of the PTR TSV ingredients.(had to google PTR website to get 'em)

KEY INGREDIENTS

dark

1.5% Microencapsulated Retinol

Sustained release over eight hours to help improve the look of skin smoothness, reduce the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles, and enhance the look of skin tone and texture.

Vitamin C

Provides anti-oxidant benefits.

Vitamin E

Provides anti-oxidant benefits.

ALL INGREDIENTS

Cyclopentasiloxane

Squalane

Water/Aqua/Eau

Retinol

Tocopheryl Acetate

Ascorbyl Palmitate

Bisabolol

Lecithin

Potassium Phosphate

Pentylene Glycol

Polysorbate- 20

Alcohol

2) Ok to use retinol at night and vitamin C during the day......just not in the same product...

A copy/paste from the linked article listed below:

Even though vitamin C and retinol offer different results, you’ll want to avoid applying them both at the same time in order to maximize the benefits you’ll receive from each.

https://www.youthtothepeople.com/blogs/to-the-people/q-can-i-use-vitamin-c-and-retinol-together#:~:text=If you do decide to,skin cells from UV damage.

3) Currently, I use this product from Life Extension:

Advanced Retinol Serum 

Edited by artisto
  • Like 1
  • Useful 6

Share this post


Link to post
13 hours ago, mpeeps said:

I recently bought that TILI 8pc sample. I actually liked it and you get some generous samples and even full size products too. Definitely worth a $20 bill.

The Diamonique personalized necklace looks too masculine and cheap for $125. The font and chain are both too heavy looking. Definitely not a delicate or feminine look.

20210405_230244.thumb.jpg.a513c66313ca7ef60d40d2c0e0b84c23.jpg

Names are difficult to read too.

  • Like 9

Share this post


Link to post
14 hours ago, lovemesomejoolery said:

This TILI box is $16.49, too....and it has the Elemis product in it, without a WEN product.  Several of the boxes have a full size WEN item.  Guess it's not selling like it used to.

 

Was all set to order until I read the reviews. The Elemis product, the one I wanted to try, had an expiration date of July 2020. 

  • Surprise 11

Share this post


Link to post
32 minutes ago, Retired at last said:

Was all set to order until I read the reviews. The Elemis product, the one I wanted to try, had an expiration date of July 2020. 

Uh oh ... I already ordered it. 😲

Edit:  the reviews I read said the Frudia product was expired, not the Elemis.  Still not good.   Guess I will find out!

Edited by Thumper
  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post

1 hour ago, Retired at last said:

Was all set to order until I read the reviews. The Elemis product, the one I wanted to try, had an expiration date of July 2020. 

That's terrible!  That's a good catch on your part and why it's good to always read reviews!

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post

I hate the QVC app.  Why can’t it be set up like it is on Chrome.  I just want to go to “ Items Recently On Air” and I can’t find it!!!  
 

I can get to Items Currently on Air, I can sort of see a program guide. Ack.  Not user friendly for this user!

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post

Yikes!! Have you seenJane modeling Clark’s sandals? I’m at least 10 years older than she is but her feet look at least 20 years older. Why do her feet/legs look like they have sores on them? Surely QVC has someone with younger looking feet and legs!!

10

  • Laugh 1

Share this post


Link to post
30 minutes ago, Gam2 said:

Yikes!! Have you seenJane modeling Clark’s sandals? I’m at least 10 years older than she is but her feet look at least 20 years older. Why do her feet/legs look like they have sores on them? Surely QVC has someone with younger looking feet and legs!!

They look to me like age spots/liver spots, probably with some moles mixed in.

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, Gam2 said:

Yikes!! Have you seenJane modeling Clark’s sandals? I’m at least 10 years older than she is but her feet look at least 20 years older. Why do her feet/legs look like they have sores on them?

Most likely from all her years of dancing! (kidding)

  • Laugh 5

Share this post


Link to post

It seems that QVC can’t decide if it wants Model Perfect or Keepin’ It Real, or both I guess. But...

                        model 1                                                                                            model 2                                                  

8F9C8620-609E-45F2-A272-41A041DD4F00.jpeg.ae280eb761a0bc538762acfb5974e471.jpeg671360D0-7AE6-473E-A8A7-E1521699AFA7.jpeg.92e79dd28a6655660b96ecc0555b9714.jpeg
4A1BE69F-073B-4351-A514-3D3E8D81E45A.jpeg.f400c61efb0dbec06ad2794063a6fa23.jpeg“model” 3

 

  • Like 2
  • Surprise 4
  • Sad 3

Share this post


Link to post

Yeah.  I’m older and have some brown spots, so JRT’s don’t bother me that much.  It happens.  
 

However, it does harken back to that argument that they should let the models model and the hosts host!

  • Like 11

Share this post


Link to post

Tonight though, her spots look like she’s had some treatment of some kind. Her feet have never looked like that. Have they?

Share this post


Link to post
3 hours ago, Thumper said:

I hate the QVC app.  Why can’t it be set up like it is on Chrome.  I just want to go to “ Items Recently On Air” and I can’t find it!!!  
 

I can get to Items Currently on Air, I can sort of see a program guide. Ack.  Not user friendly for this user!

If you go to QVC TV on the bottom of the app you can get the Items Recently Aired. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post

I forgot about the expired moisturizer in the TILI sample kits. Typical Q. I didn't think it was that big of a deal in this case.  Still worth a try for the price.  Makes you wonder the shelf life of these products without expiration dates. The products seemed "fresh" and new.  I wasn't crazy about that Frudia moisturizer. Elemis is just ok. Not moisturizing enough for me. 

Edited by mpeeps
  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
7 hours ago, From Where I Sit said:

Tonight though, her spots look like she’s had some treatment of some kind. Her feet have never looked like that. Have they?

She might have had the cryotherapy procedure for age spots. Dermatologists do it. I had it done for spots on my hands. Doesn't hurt -- you just feel a little puff of freezing cold air. The spots immediately get very dark, and stay dark for a few days. Then they gradually lighten and fade away. Mine needed two treatments, a few weeks apart.

In the meantime she could use some of the concealer products QVC sells. They claim to have a couple of concealers that will even cover dark tattoos.

  • Like 2
  • Useful 1

Share this post


Link to post

Did anyone get the name of the TSV OAP? She said she was going to put an omelette recipe on her Facebook page. 😋

Share this post


Link to post

6 minutes ago, hummingbird said:

oven doesn't ship til May 5?

 

When I tuned in this morning, stainless color choice was sold out, so it won’t ship until later.  The red and black were available for immediate shipment, though. 
 

I’ve thought about his one. I saw reviews on Amazon for a comparable oven by the same company and a couple of reviews mentioned the glass door broke while heating it up. Yikes.

  • Like 1
  • Surprise 3

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, Neiman said:

When I tuned in this morning, stainless color choice was sold out, so it won’t ship until later.  The red and black were available for immediate shipment, though. 
 

I’ve thought about his one. I saw reviews on Amazon for a comparable oven by the same company and a couple of reviews mentioned the glass door broke while heating it up. Yikes.

There's a similar one on Bed Bath & Beyond that has a 4 star out of 5 rating.....I didn't read them, or compare it to the QVC one (which says it's exclusive until September). 

I sometimes give the side eye to negative Amazon reviews, and even QVC ones.  I guess it just depends on the numberof negatives there are versus positives and what the timeframe was that it was written.  No offense, but sometimes people don't follow directions or, for lack of a better way to say it, are stupid.  If I see some questionable reviews that don't turn me off and still make me want to purchase, I'll get it from Macy's or someplace where I can return it more easily.

  • Like 4
  • Useful 3
  • Laugh 1

Share this post


Link to post
On 4/6/2021 at 7:52 PM, From Where I Sit said:

It seems that QVC can’t decide if it wants Model Perfect or Keepin’ It Real, or both I guess. But...

                        model 1                                                                                            model 2                                                  

8F9C8620-609E-45F2-A272-41A041DD4F00.jpeg.ae280eb761a0bc538762acfb5974e471.jpeg671360D0-7AE6-473E-A8A7-E1521699AFA7.jpeg.92e79dd28a6655660b96ecc0555b9714.jpeg
4A1BE69F-073B-4351-A514-3D3E8D81E45A.jpeg.f400c61efb0dbec06ad2794063a6fa23.jpeg“model” 3

 

I don't want to see realistic feet on TV. And those are far too realistic.

  • Like 5
  • Laugh 7

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, Captain Bob said:

I don't want to see realistic feet on TV. And those are far too realistic.

I don't want to see much of anything realistic on TV. I can just look in a mirror for that. 

  • Like 3
  • Laugh 14
  • Surprise 1

Share this post


Link to post

The alien life forms hanging from the ceiling are baaaaack!

8187FDAC-4EAB-48E6-AA3A-D5B795C6867C.thumb.jpeg.f76cb3831874c895b95d2041f7ff2d39.jpeg

  • Laugh 13

Share this post


Link to post

I had the earlier version of the Oster oven and while I used it every day, I have also gotten to the point where I have been burned too often from those damn doors slamming shut. I JUST replaced it yesterday with the new Ninja Foodi TS they had last week. So far, I LOVE that and it is much smaller than the Oster.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
12 minutes ago, Booney said:

Mr. Booney says it looks like someone tipped over a can of paint on it.

They might be improved if someone did.

  • Like 1
  • Laugh 5

Share this post


Link to post

I just saw Leah with the TSV Affinity Diamond ring, and the OAP was trying to convince everyone that visible inclusions in your diamonds (they were graded an I2, second worst) are a good thing because they make the diamond your own.  Right.  That’s why most reputable jewelers won’t sell diamonds of that grade.

  • Like 3
  • Surprise 5

Share this post


Link to post

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...

Customize font-size